Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? (5185 Views)

Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? / Apply For Medcine Or Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by towsyne: 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
i got admission to study microbiology dis year so
when i finish i want
to go 4 medcine and surgery through direct entry
so i want to know the
amount of years i will spend in sch again nd hw
hard it is....thanks
in
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 10:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
towsyne: i got admission to study microbiology dis year so
when i finish i want
to go 4 medcine and surgery through direct entry
so i want to know the
amount of years i will spend in sch again nd hw
hard it is....thanks
in
we are mutual. 5yrs
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by towsyne: 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
Doclight: we are mutual. 5yrs

are u jokin or what after spendin 5yrs in microbiology i will use another 5yrs in medcine? WTF
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
5 years.
Medicine is not hard.
Once you're in, you're in.
Be smart and hardworking and you're out in no time.
It isn't rocket science. It's only for the disciplined.
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
towsyne:

are u jokin or what after spendin 5yrs in microbiology i will use another 5yrs in medcine? WTF
microbio 4yrs.
Medicine De u start from 200l
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
lomaxx: 5 years.
Medicine is not hard.
you've been ignoring me right?
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by towsyne: 11:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
Medicine is not hard.

so dat makes it 10yrs + d 5yrs in microbiology
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 11:22pm On Jun 27, 2014
towsyne:

microbio 4yrs.

I considered d year space and dats why if i shall write next yr jamb while in school
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
towsyne:

I try as much as possible to respect the choices of others. If he wants to spend 20 years to get it, it is his choice.
Personally, if I was doing Microbiology I'll just go into research at once.
But you see, different strokes for different folks
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
Doclight: you've been ignoring me right?

Why would I do that?
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by towsyne: 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
Doclight: microbio 4yrs.

I considered d year space and dats why if i shall write next yr jamb while in school

dats nt gud at all i thought bsc will b given xtra yrs compare to dat of alevel
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
lomaxx:

Why would I do that?
been calling ur attention buh, u aint responding.
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
Doclight: been calling ur attention buh, u aint responding.

Sorry.
Must have been an oversight.
How are u grinding ?
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 28, 2014
lomaxx:

I try as much as possible to respect the choices of others. If he wants to spend 20 years to get it, it is his choice.
Personally, if I was doing Microbiology I'll just go into research at once.
But you see, different strokes for different folks
...lomaxx, u see, i like that statement you made there...'i will just go into research straight'
....that's what i want to do, a researcher in the field of medicinal chemistry. However, I'm worried about job prospects in this country as a researcher,....what can you say abt it...we don't have pharmaceutical companies in this country that can buy into one's research and the government sucks....what wl u say to me
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 1:02am On Jun 28, 2014
Samakinr:
...lomaxx, u see, i like that statement you made there...'i will just go into research straight'
....that's what i want to do, a researcher in the field of medicinal chemistry. However, I'm worried about job prospects in this country as a researcher,....what can you say abt it...we don't have pharmaceutical companies in this country that can buy into one's research and the government sucks....what wl u say to me

I have interests in research too. My research interest is in Cancer Genetics and Molecular Medicine. After MBBS, I'm going straight for PhD. No waste of time. There is so much potential in research outside this country.

My advise for you - go for a PhD after B.Sc. That's if you have a good CGPA. If you don't , make sure you have stellar GRE scores ESP if you want to go for top tier schools. With PHD there are mad prospects in industry and pharm. This country sucks man.

It's easy to get into grad school. Check gradschool.com and look up stuff.
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 28, 2014
lomaxx:

I have interests in research too. My research interest is in Cancer Genetics and Molecular Medicine.
My advise for you - go for a PhD after B.Sc. That's if you have a good CGPA. If you don't , make sure you have stellar GRE scores. With PHD there are mad prospects in industry and pharm. This country sucks man.

It's easy to get into grad school. Check gradschool.com and look up stuff.
...thanks my brother, i actually read up 'university of Texas requirements, and it stated that a 'First class' degree +/GRE of more Than 75% will be highly considered for international students...it further stated that though there is no benefit of scholarship BUT all successful students will be automatically employed as a research assistant... I don't know if it applies for all departments though, i only read on the department of medicinal chemistry...and guess what, we are having thesame research interest...m also having a prospect of working in the field of oncology... Thanks brother Lomax, i luv you
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 1:20am On Jun 28, 2014
Samakinr:
...thanks my brother, i actually read up 'university of Texas requirements, and it stated that a 'First class' degree +/GRE of more Than 75% will be highly considered for international students...it further stated that though there is no benefit of scholarship BUT all successful students will be automatically employed as a research assistant... I don't know if it applies for all departments though, i only read on the department of medicinal chemistry...and guess what, we are having thesame research interest...m also having a prospect of working in the field of oncology... Thanks brother Lomax, i luv you

Masters or PhD?
Most PhD folks are sponsored. The University gives you a stipend to survive on while funding your programme as far as you meet the requirements.

Do it this way - grad school.com. Search for your area of research interest. You'll have a lot of options. Sometimes the info on their website is outdated, you have to send a mail to the address on the University web site for specific enquiries.

The most important thing for your PhD is your GRE score and your GPA. If you have a previous research experience, that's a plus. Requirements vary with the school. Don't limit your options either.

Texas is a cool place. I'm considering either of Texas or Boston.

1 Like

Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Innoxxacs: 3:41am On Jun 28, 2014
Medicine is not hard.
kudoz

1 Like

Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 5:10am On Jun 28, 2014
lomaxx:

Sorry.
Must have been an oversight.
How are u grinding ?
very well thank u n u?
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 5:11am On Jun 28, 2014
Doclight: very well thank u n u?

I'm taking life easy in diverse perspectives.
So far so good, it's been perfect.

1 Like

Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 5:15am On Jun 28, 2014
lomaxx:

Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Innoxxacs: 5:18am On Jun 28, 2014
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 7:37am On Jun 28, 2014
lomaxx:

pls i hv a question.

Pls be candid if u are to choose a career btw microbio nd biochem, which would pick and why? Pls reply asap thanks
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by lomaxx: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Doclight: pls i hv a question.

Pls be candid if u are to choose a career btw microbio nd biochem, which would pick and why? Pls reply asap thanks

I will go for Microbiology.
Why? infectious diseases are a plague to subsaharan Africa. Research in this area proves to be very fruitful and ground-breaking.
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Doclight(m): 8:59am On Jun 28, 2014
lomaxx:

I will go for Microbiology.
Why? infectious diseases are a plague to subsaharan Africa. Research in this area proves to be very fruitful and ground-breaking.
thanks alot
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nice thread!!!
I am a graduate of Medical Laboratory Science(microbiology/parasitology major) and i dont wanna limit my job prospect to the hospital laboratory bench. I have already contacted a school in Eastern Europe and about to apply for masters degree in Virology, though i am not through with admission application because of the lingering issue between my dept and mlscn which led to delay in issuing my transcript.
@lomaxx should i reconsider my plans for Msc in Eastern Europe(Russia)? Or should i consider western countries?
Re: Bsc In Microbiology That Want To Study Medcine Through D.e. How Many Yrs Course? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
Doclight: pls i hv a question.

Microbiology. But you'd have to work twice as hard as anyone in order to be outstanding.

(1) (Reply)

How Toorder Transcripts From OAU Using ETX-NG System / BREAKING: CBN Gives Banks New Directive On Old Naira Notes / Number Of Students Writing Jamb This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.