Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? (47277 Views)

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2013
I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks
. My Big Thanks to the Mods and all that have taken their precious time to advise me...
..You have saved me.
I shall not forget NAIRALAND.

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 30, 2013
if you're in Nigeria don't bother your self bro

what you study do not determine where you work here, if and only if you have a "connection" you're f**king gud to go bro

14 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Annie2gud(f): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2013
Dearie....Mind working in a Buka? Thank me later!!!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Infomizer(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2013
You'll be a philosopher soon, by then you woulda figured it out..Don't be in a haste bro. Besides, you're not even sure of when you'll graduate yet. Take a chill pill bro.

29 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:54am On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks very much for your concerns.... I really appreciate you all, you all made good points.to my able bros that asked me to work as a BUKANISt, I thank you very much.....pls more advice is welcomed

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by adamic: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2013
hmmm

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2013
adamic: U dont have to disturb urself palz, what u study doesnt mean any thing abt the way to work at all... Infact, philosophy is a good course but nt easily to make first class and u can work in any research company or organisation because of the knwledge and xperience abt the course
Thank you very much...I really appreciate your comment...............
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Anuoluwap(m): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Apart from Being a Lecturer.... Careers in central & Local government, the legal profession, training, recruitment and human resources, advertising, marketing, councelling and journalism are also possible careers under philosophy.

9 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by stormkiid: 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Guys its better u don't take such a stupid course
All dose saying it dosent mean.my guy it means ooo..cos u re gonna find it real hard to ..anyway do wah ur mind chooses

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Anuoluwap: Apart from Being a Lecturer.... Careers in central & Local government, the legal profession, training, recruitment and human resources, advertising, marketing, councelling and journalism are also possible careers under philosophy.
Thanks very much................
I have this silly question in me lol...... Can a philosopher work in companies like shell,nnpc and the likes?........
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by adamic: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
yes. a philosopher can work in shell,nnpc company but in research department....... believe me.... philosophy is nt an easy course to come out with first class
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
adamic: yes. a philosopher can work in shell,nnpc company but in research department....... believe me.... philosophy is nt an easy course to come out with first class
Thanks so much... I keep thinking whether I should do a cross over to another department,perhaps HISTORY n INTERNATIONAL STUDIES...but I don't think this could be allowed as my name has been registered with philosophy on jamb Site.....
.........Shell and the likes pay heavily for their workers..do you think a person in the research department in shell could also earn a good pay?.....it might sound stupid, but this what's bothering my mind....
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by oladayo042: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
It seems all you want is a job at Shell. The typical Nigerian mentality. How many philosophers will Shell employ?

28 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
oladayo042: It seems all you want is a job at Shell. The typical Nigerian metality. How many philosophers will Shell employ?
Lol... Not that I love to work at shell or nnpc..but I want to know if I could get employed as a philosopher into any organization with a good pay,or I do a change of department into History and international studies.perhaps, I could earn a good salary...
Pls advice me.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nosgidi(m): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
@OP:I will advice u accept the course."Then,take next jamb and move to your DESIRED COURSE".Guess u wanna be a lawyer.Forget that ill advice of doing ANY course in Nigeria and working anyway.It's lame.Can an Agriculturist perform the work of a Surgeon..??No..!
What you study goes a long way in determining your future..Above all,when u're studying what u so much luv,it becomes a joy to you.Reading your books becomes easier cos d passion is always there..It also gives you an extra edge when looking for jobs in the labour market..
Finally,your course of study also play a major role when applying for scholarships. Virtually all undergraduates will love to win this..The more u win,the more financially stabe u become as a student...
Best of luck.See you at d top..!

26 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nosgidi: @OP:I will advice u accept the course."Then,take next jamb and move to your DESIRED COURSE".Guess u wanna be a lawyer.Forget that ill advice of doing ANY course in Nigeria and working anyway.It's lame.Can an Agriculturist perform the work of a Surgeon..??No..!
What you study goes a long way in determining your future..Above all,when u're studying what u so much luv,it becomes a joy to you.Reading your books becomes easier cos d passion is always there..It also gives you an extra edge when looking for jobs in the labour market..
Finally,your course of study also play a major role when applying for scholarships. Virtually all undergraduates will love to win this..The more u win,the more financially stabe u become as a student...
Best of luck.See you at d top..!
Thanks bro...I aint willing to be a lawyer...I put in for pol sci. But offered Philosophy..I love Philosophy as a course, but Pol sci. Has upper hand in job securing than Philosophy and get good pay.(my thought)......
...I want to know if a philosopher also would find it easier getting a job and also paid with a good salary...
Pls help....

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dedons: 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
eleyi gidi gan....................you can work as a daycare attendant.................my one cent........

10 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Jayses(m): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hehehe diz one no supose border u , u wil graduate to find ur self in one those oil company .na naija oo bros
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Thanks mod.....
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by infoscope(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Go for Law
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by manny4life(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
If your heart ain't into it, don't do it.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
just become Mad and live in the bush like ur predecessors winkjust become Mad and live in the bush like ur predecessors
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jaybee3(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
IB
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nigeria should be the best country for that with the rate of crooks, retards and idiiots over there.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nigeria don suffer. Imagine someone going to study a course in the uni without even understanding the course.

10 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by bisi16(m): 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
lecturers earn good money now o!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by nenergy(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Most recruiters in Nigeria request for "a degree in any discipline". So you're safe. Just make sure your FACE-your-BOOK and graduate with a good grade. Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Nigeria don suffer. Imagine someone going to study a course in the uni without even understanding the course.
I wanted political science but offered Philosophy.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
He can take over jim iyke twitter account
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Philosophy is a great course. Sadly thinking is above the highly limited capabilities of the Nigerian citizen. I could've gone for the course or psychology, but the allure of Google was too much.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
nenergy: Most recruiters in Nigeria request for "a degree in any discipline". So you're safe. Just make sure your FACE-your-BOOK and graduate with a good grade. Congrats!
Thanks very much...I'm very grateful.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Onyema1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
@OP when you graduate, you will become Aristotle. You will get to the root of the evil spirits troubling the country called Nigeria. Please, do quick and graduate, you will be one of the delegates at the National Conference. Good luck!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate / Fresh IMSU Graduate Dead As Students Poured Dirty Water On Him! [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.