Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,282 members, 7,867,752 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (484023 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Krasid(m): 10:01pm On May 27, 2015
terzurum5:

So these people no include the Super Awoniyi and the ogbonge goal machine Nacho?
Mcheeeeeeeeeew!
Awoniyi is nothing close to Messi but Nacho should have been included.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 10:08pm On May 27, 2015
Some times, I can't help but shake my head for this country. With the overwhelming success of this current U20 team, I am not sure if there are plans and programmes to ensure continuity of age-grade standards such as this.

I don't think our present U17 team can live up to the standards set by this U20 team when the golden eaglets are graduated.

I am not sure if we will have a coaching team as honest and professional as the Manu Garba-led team.

As we salivate to savour the success of this U20 team, let us spare some thoughts for the bleak U17 team and next generation of U20s. Let us pray the joy we have now is sustained

As we enjoy the present, let's not forget the future

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:08pm On May 27, 2015
Triple 1....yay!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Krasid(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2015
Badosqi:
I just went to bet365 to check the favorites for this tournament. Can't believe this people underate us so much to give us whooping odd of 15. Nigeria to win brazil sef is 3.5.

1 Argentina U20 4.5

2 Germany U20 4.5

3 Brazil U20 7.0

4 Colombia U20 10.0

5 Portugal U20 13.0

6 Nigeria U20 15.0

7 USA U20 21.0

8 Mexico U20 21.0

9 Uruguay U20 21.0

10 Ghana U20 26.0

Abeg which Nigerian site is offering this type of market, this can be a money making opportunity. A big win win(Nigeria champ. and I smile to the bank too) situation.
South american and European teams are always the favourite when it comes to the U20 level.There is a good reason why Argentina and Brazil have won the tournament a combined 11 times.Most of their players already feature in their local leagues and have a lot of experience.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:11pm On May 27, 2015
EagleScribes:
Some times, I can't help but shake my head for this country. With the overwhelming success of this current U20 team, I am not sure if there are plans and programmes to ensure continuity of age-grade standards such as this.

I don't think our present U17 team can live up to the standards set by this U20 team when the golden eaglets are graduated.

I am not sure if we will have a coaching team as honest and professional as the Manu Garba-led team.

As we salivate to savour the success of this U20 team, let us spare some thoughts for the bleak U17 team and next generation of U20s. Let us pray the joy we have now is sustained

As we enjoy the present, let's not forget the future
true. We may not see such brilliance in a couple of years, so we really should savour this team cheesy
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2015
achimotan:

It would be nice though.But am yet to see the extra factor in this Ghanaian squad. Am a Ghanaian by the way
the Ghanaian team is very good too. Aside naija I will be rooting for the black satellites. West Africa all the way. I don't know about Senegal and Mali

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 10:30pm On May 27, 2015
Have u taken ur time to find out how many goals he scored with the few times he played with the Bteam? And if u re coach you'd rate a player who has featured in one of the best league in the world below sum1 who has only featured. For an academy?miss I'm sorry to say this again this thing of urx is now more than just making a point, iheanacho might be better and has brighter future ahead buh truth be told for now above him
safarigirl:
how many goals has he scored? Abi no be human beings dey score against those ones? Are they God?

Even the technicality of Iheanacho's goals beats whatever Success does.

He played against Messi, Ramos, Pique.....that makes him better than who? Was Messi not scoring awesome goals against the greats when he started? Did any of the guys Isaac played against ever come out to say "The boy is good"?

Please don't give me that line of who he played against. Tell me how many awesome goals he scored whether against Messi or some deadbeats afterall Granada only played Barca twice the entire season and Isaac was in Team B at a point
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On May 27, 2015
mikron:
that's true bro, coincidentally the two competitions are being played the same month. We re kickstarting our campaign on June 1st while the female version starts June 6th . both competition will run concurrently. Naija till I rot

Yes o! Naija 4 life... But Oga abeg u no go rot biko! *smiles*
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Ok good of them, hope local TV stations like ait, silverbird and co will air the tournament, especially FE matches
all BON affiliated stations ll air d matches live
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:38pm On May 27, 2015
Daninya11:

No bro. .
You and I are suffering from NL sports thread syndrome..
Lolxxxxx..
same here
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:39pm On May 27, 2015
kiddiezil:
not only u o.....though am new on this thread but before I registered I always come around....my first comment though
u re highly welcome
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:42pm On May 27, 2015
LeeCodeman:

When I first saw the goal, my mouth was left ajar. It is a goal of pure class. Messi scores that goal and the internet will be on fire. The close control, precise run, quick jump, positional awareness and cool placement even while being chased by a myriad of defenders screams TECHNICAL BRILLIANCE. It's football intelligence at its peak.

Beautiful brief Analysis Sir...
Listen World... Watch out for KI10 AT NZ... He and his group of super assasins are the future of african and world football. Afcon 2017 awaits Nacho and co...
GO GO GO 'SUPER' FLYING EAGLES! ! !...

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:50pm On May 27, 2015
mikron:
the Ghanaian team is very good too. Aside naija I will be rooting for the black satellites. West Africa all the way. I don't know about Senegal and Mali

Of course the Ghanaians are another team to watch out for at NZ. The likes of Cagliari's Godfred Donsah, Man city's Yaw Yeboah and Granada's Clifford Aboagye will light up the tournament also.
The senegalese got a few good talents too in Sidy Sarr and Ibrahim wadji. The Malians though in a tough group are no pushovers also.
GO GO GO AFRICA! ! !

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 10:55pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:
true. We may not see such brilliance in a couple of years, so we really should savour this team cheesy

*sighs* it is well
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:55pm On May 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Of course the Ghanaians are another team to watch out for at NZ. The likes of Cagliari's Godfred Donsah, Man city's Yaw Yeboah and Granada's Clifford Aboagye will light up the tournament also.
The senegalese got a few good talents too in Sidy Sarr and Ibrahim wadji. The Malians though in a tough group are no pushovers also.
GO GO GO AFRICA! ! !
i just love the yeboah guy, dude is good. Aboagye and the tetteh brothers are good too

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by bigomoh: 10:55pm On May 27, 2015
LeeCodeman:

When I first saw the goal, my mouth was left ajar. It is a goal of pure class. Messi scores that goal and the internet will be on fire. The close control, precise run, quick jump, positional awareness and cool placement even while being chased by a myriad of defenders screams TECHNICAL BRILLIANCE. It's football intelligence at its peak.
youtube doesn't play on my fone,any other link I could watch it from?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 10:56pm On May 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Yes o! Naija 4 life... But Oga abeg u no go rot biko! *smiles*
i mean till I die. grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 11:01pm On May 27, 2015
linked:
THE MOST HANDSOME FLYING EAGLES PLAYER.
By Linked
26/5/2015

Ezeh, Taiwo, Success, Ndidi these are arguably the most handsome members of the U20 nigerian team. Various attributes such as physique, facial symmetry, dress stlye and skin clarity as well as other physiological factors were analyzed. It should suffice to say that the preliminary results as accrued from opinion poll of targeted flying eagles enthusiasts revealed the following.
IN DECENDING OTHER FROM MOST HANSOME

1. CHIDERA EZEH
2. WILFRED NDIDI
3. TAIWO AWONIYI
4. SUCESS ISAAC.

Disclaimer: This poll was carried out without any prejudice.. But the fairness of respondents of this poll cannot be vouched for. Their responses are assumed as objective.

Pictures soon!
no zaharadeen Bello in ur list?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:06pm On May 27, 2015
Leon2036:
Have u taken ur time to find out how many goals he scored with the few times he played with the Bteam? And if u re coach you'd rate a player who has featured in one of the best league in the world below sum1 who has only featured. For an academy?miss I'm sorry to say this again this thing of urx is now more than just making a point, iheanacho might be better and has brighter future ahead buh truth be told for now above him
oya you that has taken the time, tell me how many goals he has scored.

You keep repeating 'academy'....Mind you, Kelechi has also impressed in pre-Season against the likes of Kansas City, Atletico and Liverpool. He was easily City's stand out player during pre-season.

The fact that he hasn't been loaned out and instead is the top prospect for first team next season, a first team Paul Pogba is still looking to break into, should make any sane coach rate him higher than Success. Hell, if you asked 10 top coaches right now to choose, at least 6 would take Iheanacho over Success. That boy is in a class of his own

Don't just tell me Success has scored goals. Give me videos. Let's compare them to those of Iheanacho side-by-side. Attacking midfielder vs Forward.

Y'all keep shouting Success up and down yet nobody has a clip of his games. Not a compilation mind you, just one game highlights. I mean one of recent. Show me a reason to rate him cuz all these ones na mouth

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 11:10pm On May 27, 2015
The funniest part of this tournament is that it gotta be a 'SHOCKER'
most of dis foreign soccer pundits are rootin for d South Americans(BRAZ N ARGEN) n Europes(GER N PORT) to carry d day. One thing I know is that Africa(NIGERIA in particular) will suprise dem when the tournament kickstart in proper. All dis their over hyped players will be under d shadow of our players-the Super flying eagles. Make dem start sef make we watch soccer in its raw. I know se dis guys go entertain us.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10pm On May 27, 2015
Leon2036:

Sir Leon... I get ur points. But let's stop the Nacho/Success comparisons ok. Safari girl's points are well noted also... I get d angle she's coming from as well as urs. Putting both ur points 2geda I'll simply say this...
Success has the 'big games' experience coz he's faced top players in la liga but Nacho is by far the most technically gifted super talent in the Super Flying Eagles. Next to Nacho, in terms of Technical balance and giftedness is Musa Yahaya. Even AWO isn't far off technically. He's up there with the best alongside Success, Matthew, Bulbwa, Simon Moses, Sokari, Nwakali and Ezeh. Every other player follows suit...
Like I've always said, Nacho stands in a super class of his own. And so does Success...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:12pm On May 27, 2015
Leon2036:

I disagree with you. A player like Dennis Suarez is a bigger star than Isaac Success in the La Liga. Last season, he was with the Man City EDS.

If Success was at Man City, he would play with the EDS not the main team.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:16pm On May 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

GO GO GO AFRICA! ! !
funny, Man City rarely acknowledges this guy. On articles of their players in New Zealand, they only mention Rony Lopes of Portugal, Kelechi and Nwakali(I'm starting to think they only remember him cuz he's Kelechi's compatriot))

They just don't remember him. He's like an after-thought. Example:

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17pm On May 27, 2015
bigomoh:
youtube doesn't play on my fone,any other link I could watch it from?

Use Savefrom dot net. Paste the YouTube link and hit download. It will give you video links to download and watch it on your phone. Note I prefer the MP4 360 quality.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 11:18pm On May 27, 2015
Am dozzing. Good night everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:
funny, Man City rarely acknowledges this guy. On articles of their players in New Zealand, they only mention Rony Lopes of Portugal, Kelechi and Nwakali(I'm starting to think they only remember him cuz he's Kelechi's compatriot))

They just don't remember him. He's like an after-thought

Remember, Man City have an academy in Ghana where they keep rising African talcents. That was the place Man City wanted to send Nacho but he was too impressive in training and he was sent to Barcelona.

So Yeboah was a City player I think since the time of Mancini when the African project started but he was not in England in the Campus. They visit and train with their foreign peers and go back.

Yeboah's exceptional performance in Ghana made Man City bring him officially to the Etihad Campus. With time, the fans will know him.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:30pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:

They just don't remember him. He's like an after-thought

Well, u're rite. He's a fine talent but Nacho, Nwakali and Lopes are way ahead... I think dat shows the talents indepth at man city youth teams. Besides, I think the lad deserves some publicity as Ayc mvp... Dont u think? *winks*
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:33pm On May 27, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Remember, Man City have an academy in Ghana where they keep rising African talcents. That was the place Man City wanted to send Nacho but he was too impressive in training and he was sent to Barcelona.

So Yeboah was a City player I think since the time of Mancini when the African project started but he was not in England in the Campus. They visit and train with their foreign peers and go back.

Yeboah's exceptional performance in Ghana made Man City bring him officially to the Etihad Campus. With time, the fans will know him.
it's not just the fans I speak of. Even their official twitter handle. I just uploaded an example of what I meant on the post you quoted. If you would just go back and see it.....
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:36pm On May 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Well, u're rite. He's a fine talent but Nacho, Nwakali and Lopes are way ahead... I think dat shows the talents indepth at man city youth teams. Besides, I think the lad deserves some publicity as Ayc mvp... Dont u think? *winks*
....until someone explains to me how he won MVP at AYC, no, I do not think he deserves publicity
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:43pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:
it's not just the fans I speak of. Even their official twitter handle. I just uploaded an example of what I meant on the post you quoted. If you would just go back and see it.....

When we talk if Nwakali, Lopes and Nacho, these are players who have trained with the main team. The officials have watched them closely.

Yeboah is in the stage Nacho is when he joined from Nigeria. When he breaks into the senior side and train with them, he will be noticed.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:46pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:
....until someone explains to me how he won MVP at AYC, no, I do not think he deserves publicity

The flying Eagles were almost flawless in the competition especially with players like Awoniyi, Musa, Nwobodo putting impressive displays. For a player like Yeboah receiving the best player ahead of these special flying eagles shows he is fantastic.

It is just a testament of the Youth Structure of Man City.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:51pm On May 27, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The flying Eagles were almost flawless in the competition especially with players like Awoniyi, Musa, Nwobodo putting impressive displays. For a player like Yeboah receiving the best player ahead of these special flying eagles shows he is fantastic.

It is just a testament of the Youth Structure of Man City.
that's not an explanation on how he won it. What was the criteria used to ajudge him MVP?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.