Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:38 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1582674 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2185) (Reply) (Go Down)

The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2011
Okay so the season started late whose fault? But it has started the most anticipated sporting event of the year has kicked off and OMG!!! Did Melo just do that to The Celtics? This is going to be a fabulous season.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by rman: 5:36am On Dec 26, 2011
Yes o! NBA is back finally.
Teams to watch out for in the east:
Miami Heat
Chicago bulls and
Boston Celtics. ( The Newyork knicks are still not close to these teams yet)

Teams to watch out for in the west:
Okalahoma city thunders and
Mephis grizzles

Unless lakers get a point guard and if Dwight goes there, they wont win the west. Clippers will be good but they wont be able to match OKC. I expect OKC and Miami or Bulls to Dominate the conferences in the short regular season

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 26, 2011
Who cares? Football or nothing
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:52am On Dec 26, 2011
who is this one? Go find something to do Football ko football ni

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2011
The Heat overcame the Mavs no they Mauled them. This is serious with Lebron giving a Taste of what to look out for.
Can't wait to watch the Spurs play though and as for any one who thinks The Lakers will flop, well watch your back
Re: The NBA Begins by noblegas2(m): 6:57am On Dec 26, 2011
Lool, Miami Heat dey vex big time! You need to see how they thrashed Dallas Mavericks. I guess they got their revenge!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 26, 2011
NBA ke, NTA ni  grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by enyhss(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2011
This evening's game between Chicago Bulls & Lakers went down to the wire. It was pleasant to see Da Bulls winning the opening  game of this truncated season on the road, & in L.A  for that matter!

My Predictions: Watch out for the Eastern Conference Finals Rematch between the Chicago Bulls & those Miami 'cold'. Bulls goes through to the NBA Finals on 4-2 Aggregate over Miami!

GO BULLS!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2011
noble_gas1:

Lool, Miami Heat dey vex big time! You need to see how they thrashed Dallas Mavericks. I guess they got their revenge!
They lost a championship to them and the only way they could think of revenge was to thrash them in a regular season game? Talk about misplaced priorities. Lebron should be looking for a Ring not revenge
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2011
enyhss:

This evening's game between Chicago Bulls & Lakers went down to the wire. It was pleasant to see Da Bulls winning the opening  game of this truncated season on the road, & in L.A  for that matter!

My Predictions: Watch out for the Eastern Conference Finals Rematch between the Chicago Bulls & those Miami 'cold'. Bulls goes through to the NBA Finals on 4-2 Aggregate over Miami!

GO BULLS!!!

And where do you put the Boston Celtics? I guess we have to wait and see then.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:53am On Dec 26, 2011
The NBA made my xmas a lot more interesting,

The Boston Celtics came out of the second half a better team, but that was certainly not enough to win a Knicks team that looked out of sorts and depended heavily on Carmelo to bail them out in tight situations and trust Melo he did not disappoint. did anyone see Rondo's half court pass to Marquis Daniel? that was Angelic to say the least!!!

The Knicks can not win the championship with Douglas playing PG, but with only rookie Shumpert and injury prone Baron Davies as sub PG, i think the Knicks are done, the result of over reliance on Melo would come to play in the post season, because Amare has the habit of getting confused during critical moments in the game and makes bad play when there is too much pressure on him.

With Rajon Rando shooting an impressive 30 points, the Celtics would be happy the young PG has added a new skill to his high profiled NBA resume, missing Jeff green (out for the season) and Paul Pearce (Ankle) they had to rely on RR for the points, Brandon bass made a very good debut for the team, am happy to see KG knock down his jumpers, i think they still have something to give, despite their age,  remember coach duck rivers has reminded everyone, this is the last season before a major over haul in the aging team, i guess they would want to prove so many people wrong,
Re: The NBA Begins by Dgunnerz(m): 9:22am On Dec 26, 2011
NBA?
Is it Nigerian Bar Association or National Boko-haram Association?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by stanleybiggie(m): 9:32am On Dec 26, 2011
The king iz back n now he's goin 4 d ring
Re: The NBA Begins by Afam4eva(m): 9:42am On Dec 26, 2011
Does Emeka Okafor still play for the New Orleans hornets? Are they in the competition?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2011
stanleybiggie:

The king iz back n now he's goin 4 d ring
Keep dreaming. That's what they said last season but Dirk cut through them like hot kinife in butter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:11am On Dec 26, 2011
The east is between the Bulls and Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2011
[size=15pt]At last, thank God the lockout is over. I go with the Dallas Mavericks.[/size]
Re: The NBA Begins by Kay1kay1(m): 11:43am On Dec 26, 2011
Dallas are up with the best front court in the league, according to analysts, with Lamar Odom, Shawn Marion and Dirk Nowitziki. The scariest in terms of the speed and delivery could be OKC with Ibaka, Durant and Perkins.

The Lakers look like they are out of any serious contention. Playoffs this season, their front office needs to come up with something spectacular. It's going to be tough. Dwight has hinted he's not willing to take the path of Shaquille by playing for the Lakers.

It's another short season. Miami's looking forward to take advantage of it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
Re: The NBA Begins by Gudiza(m): 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2011
THE NBA IS BACK, YAAAAAH!

IT'S BEEN SOMETIME. CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF SOME KOBE ACTION.

DIRK HAS GOT NOTHING ON THE LAKERS THIS SEASON MEN.
Re: The NBA Begins by safarigirl(f): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
Oh Yeah! It's back! LA Lakers abeg no fall my hand
Re: The NBA Begins by Siga: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2011
Guys, I beg no forget OKC oooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
What about the Spurs guy? What do you think their chances are?
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mynd_44:

What about the Spurs guy? What do you think their chances are?

this is the end of the road for Timmy and co. This team needs some new, young pieces to contend
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 9:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mynd_44:

And where do you put the Boston Celtics? I guess we have to wait and see then.

I think the Celtics' bench is very solid and come playoff time they will be tough to beat. Plus KG & Pierce have too much pride to allow the Heat roll over them twice in a row. I fancy the Bulls to come out of the East.

The West is a toss up. The Grizzles are the sleeper team and are very dangerous. With Rudy Gay back from injury, I expect this team to be a real headache
Re: The NBA Begins by WarriorX1: 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nigerians to watch out for

Al-Farouq Aminu --- Hornets
Emeka Okafor --- Hornets
Ekpe Udoh --- Warriors
Solomon Alabi --- Raptors
Andre Iguodala -- 76sixers
Jeff Green --- Celtics (injured for season)

Ben Uzoh --- Free agent
Gani Lawal --- Free agent
Ime Udoka --- Free agent
Ike Diogu --- free Agent

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afam4eva(m): 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2011
What about Kelenna Azubuike. Btw, does anyone know where Ekene ibekwe of University of Maryland plays?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:02am On Dec 27, 2011
occam:

this is the end of the road for Timmy and co. This team needs some new, young pieces to contend
didn't look like it. That was some wimp over Memphis. Ginobili posting 24 points with Tony Parker having 15 points sweet
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:12am On Dec 27, 2011
The mavericks had to lose again and The lakes also lost. Dang this is bad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 27, 2011
Mynd_44:

The mavericks had to lose again and The lakes also lost. Dang this is bad
The mavericks have no one to blame but themselves. They had a hard working dedicated core of players (Tyson Chandler, Caron Butler, JJ barea)but they had to trade them all away for who? the likes of Lamar Odom, Vine carter.
As for the Lakers I sawthis coming last season they seemed to be out of it. Well its just the second game lets see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by stanleybiggie(m): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2011
@mynd_44 Just wait n c,
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 9:21am On Dec 27, 2011
Yeah wait and see. So they say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2185) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: tygar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.