Stats: 3,166,771 members, 7,866,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483929 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 11:04pm On May 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Seconds out for heavyweight trio[/size]

The last of the New Zealand 2015 hopefuls kick off their campaigns on day three, with a triumvirate of continental champions and one of the tournament's most successful sides among the octet in action.

New Plymouth and Christchurch certainly look set for a treat as the likes of Brazil, Germany and Nigeria - all likely title challengers - strut their stuff for the first time. Outsiders Korea DPR, Hungary, Uzbekistan and Honduras will also be looking to make a positive start, while Fiji will make history by playing their first-ever match in a FIFA tournament.

Match of the day
Nigeria-Brazil, New Plymouth, 1 June 2015, 13:00 local time
When the fixtures for New Zealand 2015 were first released, this battle of green and yellow immediately stood out. After all, Brazil have scored more goals and won more matches than any other team in U-20 World Cup history, with Ronaldinho, Kaka and Oscar just a few of the players who have shone at this event in their colours. However, they do not arrive in New Zealand in the best of fettle, having toiled during the continental qualifiers and in pre-tournament friendlies - problems that forced a last-minute coaching change.

Nigeria, on the other hand, are flying. They head into this match buoyed by a near-perfect preliminary campaign in which they clinched their seventh continental title and emerged without a single defeat. The Africans have never won the U-20 World Cup before, but coach Manu Garbu led the U-17s to glory in the equivalent event two years ago and says that his current side are well capable of emulating that feat.

The other matches
With the Nigerians and Brazilians expected to dominate Group E, Korea DPR and Hungary will both know the importance of avoiding defeat in their opening encounter. Both are returning to the tournament after missing out in 2013 and will be aiming to hit the ground running.

In Group F, Fiji - winners of the OFC preliminaries - have been handed the toughest possible baptism in their U-20 World Cup debut. Germany, fresh from their nation's golden year in 2014, are aiming to add another world crown to their collection and their performances in becoming European champions suggest that is a realistic aim.

The later game in Christchurch pits Uzbekistan against Honduras. Both sides have modest expectations for this tournament and the Hondurans, having never survived the group phase in five attempts, would be delighted to make history at New Zealand 2015. The Uzbeks, meanwhile, succeeded in reaching the last eight at Turkey 2013 and will provide tough opposition, having made steady progress at this level.

Player to watch
Selfless teamwork is Korea DPR's key attribute but they also possess a talented individual in the shape of Jo Kwang-Myong. The attacking midfielder was joint top-scorer in the AFC qualifiers with five goals.

The stat
76 - The number of years, dating back to their association's inception, that Fiji have waited to compete in Monday's historic match - their first at a FIFA tournament.

The words
"We are a united team who have conquered the world at U-17 level and I believe we are ready to take on any team. We are confident in our ability to beat Brazil."
Manu Garba, Nigeria coach

Match schedule
Group E
Nigeria-Brazil (New Plymouth, Stadium Taranaki, 13:00)
Korea DPR-Hungary (New Plymouth, Stadium Taranaki, 16:00)

Group F
Germany-Fiji (Christchurch, Christchurch Stadium, 16:00)
Uzbekistan-Honduras (Christchurch, Christchurch Stadium, 19:00) [/b]

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:08pm On May 30, 2015
Bello's nickname is baggio, strange for a defender.

I think one of the biggest prospect in the team is Ezeh. He looks like he has so much potential to be world class. I hope he puts his head down and works hard.

Porto is training him to be a midfielder.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 11:09pm On May 30, 2015
safarigirl:
ignore that fellow. That's how the castrated men on NL behave, after quarreling with their Landlords' wives, they come on NL to attack safarigirl thinking I'll form 'meek'. Dem no know say na man born safarigirl. I've been on NL for 6 years slaying spineless weaklings and ridding the world of stewpidity, one brainless mofo at a time. And I ain't stopping for nobody grin *Drops mic like a BAWSS* cool
lol, safarigirl the bawss, thats great. I like that. About the spelling of the word "ghanaian" growing up it confused us too but wìth time we got to know to spell it though it remains confusing to alot of people.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 11:15pm On May 30, 2015
safarigirl:
I thought you said you'd mind your business, but you just coulzn't resist.

How does "Please leave them and ignore the trouble makers.....Nairaland is not for Nigerians alone" come off as rude? Is that why he asked ".....who made the site not for Nigerians only, you?" then ended with "....I didn't come here for quarrel"....what does that sound like to you?

If you were unbiased, you'd realise that dude threw jabs at me first, but you didn't fail to bring in your pettiness. I have no words for you, some of you criticising me here are far worse than I can ever be. You allow past grievances blind you and then attack whoever you think you can handle.

Deal with your own shiiit before pointing fingers at me
yea I cud not resist stating d obvious that u're being overly rude d guy asked if u're d op which fortunately u're not he asked if u're d 1 dat made nairaland 4 evrione b4 we knew it u've already started ur rounds of 'not knowing hw to read;being cocky and being a founding member then u come and start screaming chauvinism like u created the word almost evrione has had a fight with u maybe u should reduce the no of post u reply or better control ur fingers when typing and seriously I was expecting a longer epistle than this 1 u just typed #ur quarrels dn too much

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 11:16pm On May 30, 2015
tbaba1234:
Bello's nickname is baggio, strange for a defender.

I think one of the biggest prospect in the team is Ezeh. He looks like he has so much potentialto ne world class. I hope he puts his head down and work hard.

Porto is training him to be a midfielder.
U can say that again bro... Ezeh will certainly go places... He is so so talented.. He may not have the imposing presence of Taiwo or Success but he is or perhaps even more talented... I knew this guy when he was like 12/13.. . He got great potential

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2015
tbaba1234:

Yahaya took freekicks at under 17 too. Musa Muhammed is the best right now.
am sure iheanacho can play freekicks. With that great left foot of his, i think he will be taking it.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2015
safarigirl:
they'll just reply "baby that was what the coach told me to do. You gotta listen to your coach always"

My Belle. safarigirl see what you have caused. You used laugh to tear my belle. Runs to doctor to report.

I hope Nacho is as good as the Citizens Coaching crew thinks.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 30, 2015
winner95:

Dear Mrs. Awoniyi to be: don't mind all dose guys, what they fail to understand is dat we are very much diff in character n mannerism! But you too should please try to be tolerable.....
Thanks for making d thread lively 4 people like us anyway.... cool
nice 1 frm u.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:17pm On May 30, 2015

Enaholo, omego, idowu and picture boy.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:21pm On May 30, 2015
Sorry to take y'all back, but just gotta clear some things here.

A lot of times people see something wrong and just ignore it, why? Because the person it's being done to 'deserves' it. If life was like that, well....there would be no life.

I want you guys to go through these conversations again and decide who started shiit here:

mijestic:
All these ghanians that have infiltrated this thread have to be well packaged in a nice gmg sack and sent back to where they belong. Did I hear u ask where they belong? A new thread for their team. OP pls do the needful abeg.

safarigirl:
please allow them. Ignore the ones causing trouble and let the others remain.

In fact, Joseph1013 change the title of the thread to African teams @ New Zealand.....this site is not for Nigerians solely

I don't even understand what prompted him to make these comments

mijestic:

Who made the site not 4 nigerians only. u? Last time I checked u weren't the OP. Pls I come here intermitently to read news about the flying eagles of Nigeria for which the thread was created and not to quarrel abeg.
what do those mean?

First off, he more or less is saying "phuck off you nobody" and then "...I know you're the resident troublemaker, stay away from me"....were those not jabs? Must someone directly say something before you know it's an attack on your person?

Okay....moving on
bros, if you knew how to read, you'd know that "Nairaland was created for Nigerians and FRIENDS OF NIGERIA"....

They have as much rights to post here as you do. So stop being cocky, you're not one of the founding members of this thread, you're not a regular poster here. You just read, so why are you complaining? No be pesin wey get house go complain of intruders?

Don't flatter yourself, nobody is quarreling with you, you're the one seeking attention unnecessarily

I don't see the insult in the above which Tomtoxic saw, anyone else who's seeing it should point it out. I only pointed out facts mr.GMG failed to notice.

And then this...
mijestic:

It's a pity I gave you attention by answering u. I should gave known better. I think its high time u hide ur head in shame owing to the number of persons u've thrown vitriols at on this threat. A good name (moniker) they say is better than silver and gold.

The funny thing here is that, this same troll who minutes ago had no issues bringing up the GMG ish with Ghanaians and more or less labelling them 'intruders' on a site he holds no shares whatsoever nor was part of it's current success suddenly wanted to be the victim of Safari the shrew who attacks everyone.

The funny thing about being a bully is, no one ever notices when the bully is bullied smiley....hopefully I'll be awake for the 2am matches. As much as most of the guys here wish to see the end of safari on this thread, I regret to inform you that I ain'y leaving for nothing.

Have a nice evening

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23pm On May 30, 2015
zoboizee:
Heard Manu is trying to deploy iheanacho as an attacking midfielder, hope he factors in defensive duties because iheanacho is poor defensively unlike nwobodo n sokari. Against Milan n Chelsea is a good example. Sokari to me will still be a better choice. He is strong, combative, quick and can easily cover more ground. Taiwo and Success dont really add up too because they r also strikers that dont really track back much. So according to media reports, if the three are used together against a team that inter change passes quickly then we r in trouble.

Actually, contrary to the belief that a Super Player is one that tracks back. A cohesive team that keeps the ball and attacks together is deadlier than a team that have players tracking back.

Attack is the best form of defence. I am a strong believer of this philosophy. When it fails, someone is not fulfilling his attacking duties.

If our attacking play is lethal and accurate, then we will not need defensive runners. I think that is what we are going to see this morning.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 11:26pm On May 30, 2015
safarigirl:

I don't even understand what prompted him to make these comments

what do those mean?

First off, he more or less is saying "phuck off you nobody" and then "...I know you're the resident troublemaker, stay away from me"....were those not jabs? Must someone directly say something before you know it's an attack on your person?

Okay....moving on

I don't see the insult in the above which Tomtoxic saw, anyone else who's seeing it should point it out. I only pointed out facts mr.GMG failed to notice.

And then this...

The funny thing here is that, this same troll who minutes ago had no issues bringing up the GMG ish with Ghanaians and more or less labelling them 'intruders' on a site he holds no shares whatsoever nor was part of it's current success suddenly wanted to be the victim of Safari the shrew who attacks everyone.

The funny thing about being a bully is, no one ever notices when the bully is bullied smiley....hopefully I'll be awake for the 2am matches. As much as most of the guys here wish to see the end of safari on this thread, I regret to inform you that I ain'y leaving for nothing.

Have a nice evening
thats the bosslady speaking. Dont worry. We all disagree to agree. Hopefully by monday people will be smiling on dis thread
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:30pm On May 30, 2015
linked:
That why i posited and still reiterating that the trio of nacho, Success and Moses MUST NOT be played together. That lineup lacks balance

Why do you think so? Having a strong attacking combination will require the midfield and defence to play in a compact way and prevent gaps. With Nacho, Moses and Success moving forward, you have a pair that can keep the ball, take out opponents, creating gaps for each other.

The midfield will not lose shape, trying to create for the attack which will help the midfield and defence deal with counter attacks more comfortably.

Coach Manu Garba pointed out the defence was a problem with the team. These combination will allow the team attack with less men, giving the midfielders room to help the defence more.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:32pm On May 30, 2015
Bello , picture boy , Moses

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:32pm On May 30, 2015
Tomtoxic:
yea I cud not resist stating d obvious that u're being overly rude d guy asked if u're d op which fortunately u're not he asked if u're d 1 dat made nairaland 4 evrione b4 we knew it u've already started ur rounds of 'not knowing hw to read;being cocky and being a founding member then u come and start screaming chauvinism like u created the word almost evrione has had a fight with u maybe u should reduce the no of post u reply or better control ur fingers when typing and seriously I was expecting a longer epistle than this 1 u just typed #ur quarrels dn too much
you're a biased viewer so some dude replying a plea with "na you be OP?" Seems aite to you.

Did you ask the person you're supporting if he was the OP when he asked Ghanaians to leave the thread? Or did you conveniently skip that part to get to the good part where someone else was telling safari all the shiit you were too much of a poohsie to say?

If you can't be impartial, just shove your opinion in a deep dark hole. I'm done with your chicken self, punk-azzzz
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35pm On May 30, 2015
tbaba1234:

The coach sees them daily, you don't . He knows his best team.

mathew will play deeper than usual to allow iheanacho play the free role. That team has goals in it.

If we need to defend a lead, we can make a change.

Accurate analysis. I also believe in a standing defensive midfielder than a mobile one. If possible play one as a box to box and keep one standing. With Matthew deeper, he shields the defence and he is in constant communication with the center backs.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 11:37pm On May 30, 2015
@TheGoodjoe. Mind you Simon is a showman n nt rily good defensively. And might slow them down during fast breaks. Does lot of leg over, twist and turn and thus allowing opponent to recover or regroup. Always like to go solo. This will affect the team when he will be losing possession. In abuja, jj did exactly dat, we lot by 3 goals. To saviour will be best to start with.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:37pm On May 30, 2015
In principle, safarigirl was right in trying to defend the right of the Ghanaians to post. We should try and tolerate each other. Avoid insulting, thanks.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 11:38pm On May 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Why do you think so? Having a strong attacking combination will require the midfield and defence to play in a compact way and prevent gaps. With Nacho, Moses and Success moving forward, you have a pair that can keep the ball, take out opponents, creating gaps for each other.

The midfield will not lose shape, trying to create for the attack which will help the midfield and defence deal with counter attacks more comfortably.

Coach Manu Garba pointed out the defence was a problem with the team. These combination will allow the team attack with less men, giving the midfielders room to help the defence more.
I prefer midfielders playing as wingers to strikers playing as wingers especially when you have a top-notch poacher upfront . ... Wanna know why?... Just find out the difference between the two....
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:41pm On May 30, 2015

Sokari is 20, many more years

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 11:42pm On May 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Accurate analysis. I also believe in a standing defensive midfielder than a mobile one. If possible play one as a box to box and keep one standing. With Matthew deeper, he shields the defence and he is in constant communication with the center backs.
against brazil,nigeria will need 2 defensive midfielders to shield the defence. I dont think the defensive midfielders should join the attack.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:42pm On May 30, 2015
zoboizee:
@TheGoodjoe. Mind you Simon is a showman n nt rily good defensively. And might slow them down during fast breaks. Does lot of leg over, twist and turn and thus allowing opponent to recover or regroup. Always like to go solo. This will affect the team when he will be losing possession. In abuja, jj did exactly dat, we lot by 3 goals. To saviour will be best to start with.

Moses was a key factor in Gent's championship win...

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:45pm On May 30, 2015
Alampasu

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47pm On May 30, 2015
zoboizee:

This happens when a Support striker is played on the wings. Good example, CR7. When he came to Man Utd, he was seen as a replacement to Beckham. Beckham was a player who stayed wide and caused damagedamage with his vision of weak points in the midfield.

CR7 came and danced and slowed down the game. It lead to a confrontation with Nisterooy. When Queiroz (Figo's U20 Coach) came, he gave CR7 more attacking duty and he became the best player in the World.

What I think Coach Manu Garba and his crew will do if Moses starts, is to give him a more attacking role. This will make him reduce his tricks and be goal oriented. If he is too wide, you will see him trying tricks but I think we will stay compact in this game and attack from both sides of the wings.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:47pm On May 30, 2015
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by FavourCintosis(m): 11:48pm On May 30, 2015
Safari nwa,lol,although u av been annoying with some posts u posted b4,but lyk seriously u weren't wrong in this particular issue...although some ghanaians av been annoying here,some av also been giving meaningful contribution..IF SERIOUSLY SOME OF U CAN SKIP SAFARI'S POSTS CUZ ITS ANNOYING OR FULL OF VULGAR WORDS,Y NOT DO THE SAME 2 DOZ GHANAIAN POST U DON'T LIKE TOO
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On May 30, 2015
mrham03:
against brazil,nigeria will need 2 defensive midfielders to shield the defence. I dont think the defensive midfielders should join the attack.

I agree. I think that is why the Coaching crew will go for a more creative attack that can take on two three defenders on their own.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:50pm On May 30, 2015
warm up, picture boy glances at the camera

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 11:51pm On May 30, 2015
tbaba1234:

Moses was a key factor in Gent's championship win...
he was part of it. they had other vry good players too. About 5 of them. the ryt wing guy is equally hot too and technically better.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:52pm On May 30, 2015
Godwin Saviour

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:52pm On May 30, 2015
linked:
I prefer midfielders playing as wingers to strikers playing as wingers especially when you have a top-notch poacher upfront . ... Wanna know why?... Just find out the difference between the two....

It depends on the set up. When you have midfieders on the wings, all the play is directed to a one or two man attack front line. In this case we might go with a three man attack. Then you have two support strikers, not wingers or Wing forward. All three will combine to wreck havoc. Similar to what we see with Barca under Enrique with Neymar, with Suarez and Messi.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 12:03am On May 31, 2015
tbaba1234:
warm up, picture boy glances at the camera

I hope this boy no go dey look camera like this when we dey play Brazil. I never see defender wey like camera like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77