Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483518 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
Yeah u finnaly saw what I meant right??
tbaba1234:
Happy idowu is back, expect a better defensive display even though we should beat north korea. Idowu is disciplined.. Ifeanyi ifeanyi was too forward minded.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
Begonia:

Awww grin grin #GoFlyingEagles! #teamNigeria kiss
you are very beautiful....i hope u aint married.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
the flying eagles will definately beat the koreans lets hope for victory and concentrate on getting the 3 points. If we happen to score more then that will be the icing on the cake.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by confun: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
gbosaa:

The third man in the mid field need to complement his hard work otherwise same thing would happen assuming North Korea is a decent team. In super 6 and AYC, they all worked hard for each other. There was balance, cohesion and very good link with the forwards. Nwobodo provided that. Like idowu, he worked hard, scored goal, won balls, tackled hard, returned when they were under pressure to cover the back four, he also supplied killer passes like when they played Ivory Coast, remember his pass to Pyagbara.

There was no donkey or baboon in the mid field. Against Brazil, iheanacho was given a free role while Ifeanyi the work horse was sacrificed. The result, iheanacho didn't defend well. Messed up his passes which were easily intercepted by the Brazilians. Sometimes he floats the ball into empty space which neither Awo nor success could reach and when under attack, he didn't provide the missing synergy witnessed in AYC and Super 6.

If Idowu comes in, work his a..rse off but some thing happens, he would be frustrated and end up over working, exhausting himself and even getting injury. That match was very tensive and they should have defended as a core unit instead delegating that to one or two particular individuals.
exactly sir they should have defended as a core unit.as a team
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
likely line up

Enaholo, muhammad, nustapha, ndidi, bello, ifeanyi, idowu, sokari, Ezeh, bulbwa, Awoniyi
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
expect to see a totally different flying eagles wallop korea 2mrw morning, beating korea DPR is certain but the amount of goals to be scored by us is what i dont know, but it would not be less than 3
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
joseph1013:
[size=14pt]Injury rules out Flying Eagles Ifeanyi Matthew[/size]

Injured El Kanemi Warriors midfielder Ifeanyi Matthew has been ruled out of Thursday’s must-win U20 World Cup Group E game against North Korea at Stadium Taranaki in New Plymouth.

Matthew has not trained since he suffered a foot injury in the Brazil match.

“He is out of the match, but he will be available for selection for the match against Hungary on Sunday,” said team doctor Ozi Salami.

Matthew will most likely be replaced by ball winner Akinjide Idowu, who was an ever-present at the African Youth Championship in Senegal in March.

The Flying Eagles other injury doubt Isaac Success returned to training on Wednesday after he stayed out of the work out the previous day over a tightness of his hamstring.
good to have idowu back
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
gbosaa:

The third man in the mid field need to complement his hard work otherwise same thing would happen assuming North Korea is a decent team. In super 6 and AYC, they all worked hard for each other. There was balance, cohesion and very good link with the forwards. Nwobodo provided that. Like idowu, he worked hard, scored goal, won balls, tackled hard, returned when they were under pressure to cover the back four, he also supplied killer passes like when they played Ivory Coast, remember his pass to Pyagbara.

There was no donkey or baboon in the mid field. Against Brazil, iheanacho was given a free role while Ifeanyi the work horse was sacrificed. The result, iheanacho didn't defend well. Messed up his passes which were easily intercepted by the Brazilians. Sometimes he floats the ball into empty space which neither Awo nor success could reach and when under attack, he didn't provide the missing synergy witnessed in AYC and Super 6.

If Idowu comes in, work his a..rse off but some thing happens, he would be frustrated and end up over working, exhausting himself and even getting injury. That match was very tensive and they should have defended as a core unit instead delegating that to one or two particular individuals.
Guy... You know the game... Kudos..
All the midfielders got to work hard.... They all got to work at winning the ball... With the way the midfielders played against brazil-poor positioning, poor pass accuracy?. . Smh... Idowu would have been clueless like his team..... To the guys shouting Idowu... Take it or leave it, the eagles would have a better outing against Korea and others because of better midfield cohesion and the ability of the wingers to be selfless in convering for the wing back... Idowu is good. ifeanyi is also good.. They are both hard workers.. If Idowu is played good! But if not, no need creating all these fuss about it... What happened against brazil was a '' system failure''... The whole team switched off.. . If the defense was alert and sturdy like a wall anaholo would not have conceded those late goals on the other hand, If anaholo was fully alert--of which he admitted he lost concentration-with the same defense he wouldn't have conceded especially those two cheap goals... Similarly if the wingers did fall back when the team lose the ball they wouldnt have put the wing back under immerse pressure and if the midfielders had learnt to keep possession by spraying accurate passes and avoided cheaply giving the opposition the ball, the whole team would not have felt overwhelmed... So guys.. . Wish for a better team play against korea and hope the players learn to play for each other and be selfless.... The lack of Idowu wasn't why naija lost to brazil... That very team that played brazil could have won had they be more disciplined and done the basics of team football.... These are my humble submission

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
confun:
exactly sir they should have defended as a core unit.as a team
Spot on! That is how modern football is played.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
tbaba1234:
likely line up

Enaholo, muhammad, nustapha, ndidi, bello, ifeanyi, idowu, sokari, Ezeh, bulbwa, Awoniyi

If we go by this line up we will see a lot of long range shot from Bubwa . Nothing like that against the Brazilian .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
lexyman:

If we go by this line up we will see a lot of long range shot from Bubwa . Nothing like that against the Brazilian .

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
I just saw an analysis of Brazil's first goal, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi was just ball watching...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by rabzy: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
Why is Isaac success not in the line up. Except he has an injury i still prefer him as a point man to Taiwo. Taiwo seems to need a lot of chances before he scores like arsenal strikers.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
rabzy:
Why is Isaac success not in the line up. Except he has an injury i still prefer him as a point man to Taiwo. Taiwo seems to need a lot of chances before he scores like arsenal strikers.

He had a strain but he will probably come in as a sub, coach was angry that he and yahaya were not tracking back to help the defence.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Coach is looking for players that will work to help the defence.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

He had a strain but he will probably come in as a sub, coach was angry that he and yahaya were not tracking back to help the defence.
Watch out for a better game come tomorrow... Anyway @ tbaba1234 welcome from your vacation grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
linked:
Watch out for a better game come tomorrow... Anyway @ tbaba1234 welcome from your vacation grin

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
#ThePowerOfNaija...
COMING SOON. 5am..... **Loading**
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

What about Musa Yahaya? I would have preferred Saviour as a sub

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by moneyallowed(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
EagleScribes:

Exactly. Yahaya grabbed a goal and assist. I'll understand if Success is injured but it doesn't make sense benching our biggest goal threat after one game

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
EagleScribes:

Actually, I'd like to see saviour start. The defence was left too exposed in the last game. The players coming in know that they must play well. That puts the desired pressure on yahaya and other starters against brazil.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
moneyallowed:

Exactly. Yahaya grabbed a goal and assist. I'll understand if Success is injured but it doesn't make sense benching our biggest goal threat after one game

Watch the game, look at how many times, the full backs were exposed. Yahaya was terrific but if there is any game to put them under the right pressure, it is against north korea.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
I see Gabar want attackers who can fall back to help the defense line also , I can see that he really trusted Awoniyi ...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kellycute(m): 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
If nacho and yahaya aint starting the match against korea, we go lose. I won't even wanna bother myself watching if they both aint in the starting eleven.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

is this list authentic ? who is Muyiwa Lawal? smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
kellycute:
If nacho and yahaya aint starting the match against korea, we go lose. I won't even wanna bother myself watching if they both aint in the starting eleven.
thats not true, yahaya and nacho didnt play in the african youth championship but the flying eagles won it. They are good(yahaya and nacho) but they are replaceable. Naija will win 4-0 with or withouth them.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
Yeah!!! Alrite... Now we talking. Another Super fan just walked in... Welcome to the family Lady.
We are back to let the world see how true champions respond when temporarily knocked down. WE ARE A GREAT TEAM. WE ATTACK AS A UNIT, DEFEND AS A UNIT, AND WIN AS A UNIT. WE HAVE THE PLAYERS AND TALENTS TO EXECUTE ANY STYLE OR FORMATION(4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-3) BUT AS A COHESIVE UNIT MUST WE CONTINUALLY STRIVE FOR THEREIN LIES OUR BIGGEST STRENGTH... 'INDEPTH COHESION IN ATTACK, MIDFIELD AND DEFENCE'. There's no space and time 4 individualism... Though in d end, we shall produce the biggest, brightest, finest, and best Stars of this tournament (alongside emerging World Champions)... THIS IS A CERTAINTY, NOT A PROPHECY.

LET's Roll Nigeria...
#NorthKoreaForBreakfast!!!!!!!

GO GO GO SUPER FLYING EAGLES! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Begonia:

Awww grin grin
#GoFlyingEagles!
#teamNigeria kiss
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
mikron:
in the spirit of the flying eagles subsequent matches, and the ongoing FIFA WYC New Zealand 2015, lets see how good a guesser u re. name each football star u recognize in this picture. If Number 11 is Messi, who are the rest? Lol.

1 Lahm
2 Pique
3 Torres
4 Pogba
5 Crouch
6 Lewandoski
7 Bale
8 Sanchez
9 Modrić
10 Sneider
11 Messi
12 Ribery
13 Di Maria
14 Mourinho
15 Mario Balo
16 Ronaldo
17 Gerrard
18 Hummels
19 James
20 Kevin De Bruyne
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
Awoniyi starts again, where the haters at? tongue Y'all better watch the match and see how my baby will make rubbish of Korea's defence when he's better acclimated to the game.

With the first game, he was a bit out of it cuz it was the first game, but Manu understands. I would really like to see what Saviour can do starting and maybe Bulbwa can give us some of his amazing goals, hopefully we'll see another Puskas worthy goal
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
mackfame:

is this list authentic ? who is Muyiwa Lawal? smiley
Very very authentic. You can bank on it
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kellycute(m): 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
Manu garba is jus a clown. How on earth you wanna bench your best player nacho? Na wa o. Abeg no need to watch the match again. Yahaya is better dan saviour of guy and even bulbwa. Forget about that goal he scored in ayc. You jus can't bench your best players cos of one loss. I nor go watch again even comment on the thread again. #vex#
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kellycute(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
Manu garba is jus a clown. How on earth you wanna bench your best player nacho? Na wa o. Abeg no need to watch the match again. Yahaya is better dan saviour of guy and even bulbwa. Forget about that goal he scored in ayc. You jus can't bench your best players cos of one loss. I nor go watch again even comment on the thread again. #vexing#

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins