Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,557 members, 7,865,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483879 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 3:18pm On May 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
I feel Manu's pain this players are too in form even from number one there top competition. This my stab at a starting 11

1 Enaholo
2 Musa
3 Abdulaihi
4 Ndidi
5 Idowu
6 Nwakali
7 Matthew
8 Yahaya
9 Iheanacho
10 Success
11 Awoniyi

Your team has only one center back
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 06, 2015
23 days before the U20 World Cup in New Zealand, former Flying Eagles player, Ibrahim Babangida insists the competition will be tough for Nigeria and not as easy as many stakeholders believe.

” Age grade competitions especially the u20s and u23s, often prove to be very tough. The quality of the opposition is quite good especially the European teams; if you consider the fact that most of the players are already playing as professionals in top club sides.

” So, I don’t think its going to be as easy as fans the Flying Eagles seem to believe. But I know Nigeria also has a good team and will hopefully do their best, I expect that much,” the former International told www.footballlive.ng.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:54pm On May 06, 2015
Mods, honeric01 & semid4lyfe, banning from the sports section has now become a daily occurrence. When this issue first came up, that was when I decided to not put the links to the articles.

Any particular reason this daily banning has resumed again?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 5:16pm On May 06, 2015
[quote author=BascoVanVeli post=33476544]

u know what u r right take out Idowu put in Omego [/quote

Bro , I don't think u really understands this team, the Idowu guy is a silent worker , he breaks the play of opponents and shield the defence . Pls take note Manu Garba will not even do that .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 06, 2015
Nigeria U20 assistant coach, Nduka Ugbade, has described as 'wonderful' the choice of Germany as the Flying Eagles' final preparatory venue.

The 2015 African Youth Championship winners began their training in the European nation on Monday afternoon as they fine tune strategy for the world youth football showpiece.

Ugbade, who was a member of the Fifa U17 World Cup winning Golden Eaglets at UAE 2013, admits the venue will help the African champions to finalize their arts and strategies in order to compete favourable at the age-grade World Championship.

"The training tour to Germany is a wonderful one. Our stay in Germany will surely be a very good one," Ugbade told Goal.

"What we make of the team is that we are going to be highly committed and not just preparing to participate.

“We hope to prepare both physically, technically, tactically and most importantly psychological part of it.

The former Golden Eaglets captain explained that the trip of Germany will hugely expose some of the players who were not acquainted with international football and as well boost their focus and readiness.

"Because most of them have not travelled out before minus few that have go out and some of the members of the team that have played international football, so this good opportunity for them.

"So in order for us to do so, we must use Germany to concentrate very well and use of all the facilities available to build so that we can have the capacity to deliver.

"For us to succeed in New Zealand and bring back home the World Cup, we need to be very strong and capable to deliver what we are pursuing.

"We know it is not going to be easy but the task of it is great having the opportunity to go out and concentrate more," he concluded.

Coach Manu Garba is expected to submit his final 21-man squad list on May 15 World Championship, which is scheduled to hold from May 30 to June 2

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by confun: 5:38pm On May 06, 2015
joseph1013:
Mods, honeric01 & semid4lyfe, banning from the sports section has now become a daily occurrence. When this issue first came up, that was when I decided to not put the links to the articles.

Any particular reason this daily banning has resumed again?
abeg make una stop banning Joseph o, pls, I can't do without checking his info on ds thread everyday

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:44pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Lawal: Esperance Good For Bulbwa & Awoniyi[/size]

Former Esperance and Super Eagles left wing ace, Garba Lawal. says Esperance will be a good start off point for Nigeria youth internationals Bernard Bulbwa and Taiwo Awoniyi.

Bulbwa has already put pen to paper on a five year deal with the Tunisian giants, while Awoniyi is heavily tipped to join him anytime soon going by recent reports.

The team already has former junior international Emem Eduok on their books and Lawal popularly called Chindo during his playing days believes the team and the league will help prepare the players for the European market.

"It's a good move i started from there before moving to Roda JC,they have got good structures,passionate fans and scouts from top European leagues are always around to look for good players mostly due to Tunisia proximity to Europe," he told SL10.ng.

"Playing in Tunisia will help them grow as they will have the privilege of playing with National team players who are mostly plying their trade in the league."

He rounded up by advising young Nigeria players not to rush move abroad as they sometime need to learn the rudiments and demands of professional football before hitting Europe where it is strictly business. [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:46pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Musa Muhammed: We're Not Worried About Brazil[/size]

Captain of the Nigerian men’s football team, Musa Muhammed has stated that they will not be at the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand just to make up the numbers.

The Flying Eagles, as the Nigerian side is called, are presently in Germany, having a final preparation ahead of their participation at the tournament, and the Nigeria skipper says they won’t be in Oceania just to make up the 24 teams participating.

“Some people, especially outside of Nigeria might probably think we’ll go there to make up the numbers,” he told sl10.ng.

“But we have a different plan because we are African champions and we are going there as such and the dream is to win the World Cup as well.

“This is something my teammates and I have collectively agreed to work toward and we are not just talking about it, we are working towards it,” he stated.

The 18-year also spoke about their group, which has Hungary, North Korea and favourites, Brazil. But he says he’s less concerned about facing the Brazilians than he is facing any other team in the competition.

“People talk about Brazil all the time but we also have other countries in our group. So for us it’s not just about Brazil, it’s about playing each game as they come and taking it from there.”
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:47pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Barca’s Balogun Chats To SL10 About Barca-Bayern[/size]

Boluwatife Balogun has identified the trio of Mario Götze, Robert Lewandowski and Thiago Alcántara as the main threat to Barcelona defeating Bayern Munich in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final tie.

Looking at the larger picture, The Blaugrana know what the German champions are capable of, having lost 7-0 on aggregate to Wednesday night's opponents at this stage of the competition two seasons ago.

Ahead of the intriguing clash at Camp Nou, Bayern Munich have injury concerns, with the likes of Franck Ribéry, David Alaba and Arjen Robben certain to miss the game but Balogun has dismissed talk of Barcelona being the favourites.

''Firstly, the tie between Barcelona and Bayern Munich is a 50-50 tie,'' Boluwatife Balogun, who plays for Barcelona's youth team, told SL10.ng.

''Despite the series of injuries in their squad it will be tough. But Barcelona will win, I am sure of it.

''Mario Götze, Lewandowski and Alcántara are the major threats in the Bayern Munich squad.''

Between them, the aforementioned Bayern Munich players have 11 goals to their names in the Champions League.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:48pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Man City Wonder-Kid Happy To Be Fit Again[/size]

Manchester City teen sensation has expressed his joy at being fit after overcoming series of injuries this season.

The 2013 Under-17 Most Valuable player has thrice suffered from different type of injuries that have restricted his career in his first season at the Etihad.

However the 18-year-old has played three games in seven days for both Manchester City Under-18 and 21 teams without any relapse, and he scored twice in those games.

Excitedly he took to social media to post on his joy at finally burying his injury demons and revealed he is fit for the Under-20 World cup in New Zealand.

"I played 3 games for MFCF's Academy this week. Praise God! I am fit and excited for the U20 World Cup. Just waiting for my New Zealand Visa," he posted on twitter.

He is expected to however join Nigeria in camp in preparedness for the championship after Manchester City youth team final match against FC Porto in the International Premier League game on Friday.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:50pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manu: Iheanacho And Success Are Not Sure To Make My Team[/size]

With only ten days left before he submits his final list of 21 players to world football governing body, FIFA, for the U20 World Cup in New Zealand, Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba has yet again sounded a note of warning especially the overseas based players that none of them are guaranteed a place on his team.

The Nigerian U20 team is presently in Nuremberg, Germany, where they are having their final preparation, but are yet to be joined by five of the overseas based players on the provisional list.

And Manu has sounded a note of warning to them that playing abroad doesn’t guarantee any one of them a place on his team.

“Playing abroad doesn’t guarantee anyone a place on my team,” he told sl10.ng. “They play abroad doesn’t make them better than the ones at home and that’s why our selection will be based solely on merit and not reputation.

“When they (overseas based players) join us, they will have to also prove to us they have what it takes and if they cannot, they will be out of the team.

“I have already told them and they know they are not guaranteed a place in this team just because they play abroad,” Manu stated unequivocally.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:50pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Musa Muhammed Had Permission To Leave Camp[/size]

Flying Eagles captain has attempted to clear his name after he was accused of ‘disappearing’ from the U23 team camp before an All Africa Games qualifier against Zambia in April.

The defender had shone brightly in the few training sessions he had with the Dream Team before the game against the Zambian U23’s, but later left the team’s Abuja camp just before they travelled to Lusaka, and was subsequently accused of dumping the team to attend trials abroad.

But the 18-year old has come out to explain his side of the story, and says he never ‘disappeared’, but had the permission of Coach Samson Siasia to go collect his international passport.

“I spoke to the Chief Coach (Siasia) and he permitted me to go and collect my international passport from the German Embassy,” he told Hot FM.

“So I was there trying to collect my passport and I heard that I had disappeared from the camp without any permission but I couldn’t do that because I respect the team.

“I was so happy when they invited me and I was even the first of my U20 teammates invited to arrive the camp so I couldn’t have disappeared from the camp.

“But I am happy now that everything has been sorted out and they understand I had to go collect my passport,” he said.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:51pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles Set For Tough Tune Up Matches[/size]

The Nigeria Football Federation has confirmed that Nigeria U20 side will play U23 teams of Hoffenheim, Nurnberg and Freiburg this month in Germany.

The Flying Eagles will first play Hoffenheim U23 on May 12th and clash with Nurnberg U23 on May 15th at the Sudwest Park.

These two matches will be able to give coach Manu Garba and his assistants the chance to run a final rule over the players they will pick for their final 21-man squad for the World Cup.

Nigeria will submit a final squad to FIFA on May 15th.

Their final test match is slated for Freiburg against the U23 team of Freiburg on May 19th.

The team are due to fly out to New Zealand via Australia from Germany on May 23th.

Nigeria have been paired with Brazil, Hungary and South Korea in the Group E of the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup.

The Flying Eagles will begin their campaign on June 1st against the talented Brazilian side.

Flying Eagles Test Matches

Vs Hoffenheim May 12 4pm Nig Time
Vs Nurnberg May 15 4:30pm Nig Time
Vs Freiburg May 19 2:30pm Nig Time[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:52pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Isaac Success' Manager Dismisses lies About Granada Striker's Injury[/size]

Isaac Success' manager Dominic Egbukwu has moved quickly to dismiss false reports that the Granada striker is carrying an ankle injury which may rule him out of the Fifa Under 20 World Cup.

Independent checks by SL10.ng revealed that the Udinese loanee trained with the Andalusian outfit on Wednesday morning and he is in line to make his 20th league appearance on Saturday against Córdoba .

If not for Granada's precarious league position, the highly-rated starlet would have been in Nürnberg training with the Nigeria Under 20s.

"Isaac Success does not have any injury. The report is false. He couldn't play against Getafe because of a slight fever," said Dominic Egbukwu to SL10.ng.

"He has resumed training and will play the next match if he's selected by the coach.

"If Granada are sure of escaping relegation in the next two games, he will join the Flying Eagles. He has a Spanish residence permit and doesn't need a visa to Germany.

"Success is hungry to join the team as soon as possible. They had promised to release him before but withheld him because of their league position."

The exact date the 19-year-old will join his international colleagues remains unclear but Granada chiefs have informed this website that he will join the national team in the coming days.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:53pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]NFF Confirms Arrival Date For Genk Defender[/size]

The Nigeria Football Federation has confirmed that defender Wilfred Ndidi will join the Flying Eagles camp in Germany next Monday.

“Ndidi will join us on Monday,” Flying Eagles secretary Ibrahim Aliyu Auwal was quoted on the NFF website.

“We have this assurance from both the player and his club.”

The 18-year-old Ndidi, who plays for Genk in the Belgian Jupilar League, is one of four European-based players expected to team up with African champions Nigeria ahead of the U20 World Cup, which begins in New Zealand on May 30.

The others are, Isaac Success of Granada (Spain); Moses Simon of Gent (Belgium); and Kelechi Iheanacho of Manchester City (England). They are expected to join the team at their training camp in Nuremberg, Germany.

Ndidi’s Genk are involved in the UEFA Europa League playoffs and are currently tied with Group A leaders Mechelen on 12 points apiece after five rounds of matches.

They will play their last match in the playoffs on Saturday at Zulte-Waregem.

This will be Ndidi’s second U20 World Cup as he also featured at the 2013 tournament in Turkey under John Obuh.

All four mentioned overseas-based players are expected to make Manu Garba’s 21-man squad for the tournament.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:57pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Esperance chiefs in Germany for Bulbwa showdown talks[/size]

AfricanFootball.com can specially reveal that top officials of Esperance are expected in Germany at the weekend to talk up Nigeria U20 star Bernard Bulbwa, who is mulling cancelling his contract with the Tunisian club.

Bulbwa has accepted personal terms with Esperance, but he is unhappy they are yet to pay up his signing-on fee as promised and he is now considering cancelling his five-year agreement with ‘The Blood and Gold’.

However, a top source informed AfricanFootball.com on Wednesday that top officials of the Tunisian club are due in Germany to sort out whatever misunderstanding there is.

The player’s London-based agent is also expected to be at this meeting.

“It will be a showdown meeting between Esperance, the player and his agent. This meeting will determine if the player will remain a player of Esperance,” the source informed.

AfricanFootball.com further learnt that Bulbwa’s contract with Esperance will kick in on June 1, 2015.

[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by honeric01(m): 7:00pm On May 06, 2015
@Joseph

Your ban is from the spam bot which works automatically when it sense something like spamming going on.

i advise you give room for your post, it seems you post multiple comments almost at interval.. space the time you pose each article.

Thanks
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:01pm On May 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Austria's Lovric following in his idols' footsteps[/size]

Last time Austria caused a stir, eight years ago, their achievement amazed the footballing world. At the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2007 in Canada, they elbowed their way into the semi-finals and flew home proudly after finishing in fourth place. Back then Francesco Lovric was an 11-year-old with big dreams, playing in Austria Vienna’s youth ranks and sitting in front of the television late into the evening to cheer on his team.

Today Lovric plays for historic German club Stuttgart, and in a few short weeks will be leading the next generation of talented young Austrian footballers to New Zealand as captain. Awaiting them in Group B are Panama, former champions Ghana and record title holders Argentina. Despite these obstacles, the 19-year-old is full of anticipation and can barely wait for the tournament to begin. His ambition? “We want to walk in the footsteps of our role models!”

On the up
The defensive all-rounder is aware of the significance of Austria’s participation in the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2015. After exiting the competition at the group stage in Colombia four years ago, coach Andreas Heraf’s charges are keen to prove once more in New Zealand that football in this Alpine nation of 8.5 million people is blossoming at an impressive rate. “Our association, the OFB, has developed new approaches and we’re getting great training,” enthused Lovric in an interview with FIFA.com. Now, together with his team-mates, he is keen to show that the senior side, most notably represented by Bayern Munich star David Alaba, need not worry about their prospects in the years ahead.

A blend of collective and individual skill
“I think Austria’s footballers have generally improved both technically and tactically,” Lovric continued. “Nevertheless, we’ll also make our fighting spirit clear at the U-20 World Cup. Everyone works for each other in our squad,” he said, before thinking about the captain’s speech he makes right before each match kicks off. “We stand in a circle, I say a few words and at the end we call out together, as loudly as we can: ‘We are a team!’”

One of their number will be particularly missed, with Austria’s U-20 side unable to call upon the attacking strengths and individual brilliance of Sinan Bytyqi. The rising star, who has already been signed by Manchester City and was recently sent out on loan to Cambuur-Leeuwarden in the Netherlands, will miss the finals with a torn cruciate ligament. “We would have loved to have him with us and we’ll miss him,” said Lovric.

"The highlight of our careers so far"
To prepare for a starting line-up without Bytyqi and acclimatise to the conditions and time difference, Heraf’s squad will fly to Auckland on 16 May and face the hosts in a friendly eight days later – but Lovric would love to be on his way there already. “I have no doubt that this will be a fantastic experience for us, even the 30-hour journey to get there,” he said. “We’re travelling to the other end of the world and every single one of us is tremendously excited. This World Cup will be the highlight of our careers so far. It’s the greatest.” Nevertheless, the 19-year-old defensive specialist, currently awaiting his Bundesliga debut for Stuttgart but already a constant presence in the club’s third-division reserve side, is keen to temper any euphoria when it comes to the sporting challenge that awaits his team. “We’ve got difficult opponents ahead and I think we’d be well advised to imagine ourselves in a kind of outsider role,” Lovric explained. “The Argentinians are the clear favourites in Group B, but otherwise it’ll be very close. We’re hoping to finish second – that’s a realistic aim – but we certainly can’t afford to underestimate Ghana and Panama.”

Perfect blend makes the difference
Listening to Lovric, it quickly becomes clear why he has been appointed to lead Austria’s current crop of U-20 players. After all, the 1.85-metre-tall model athlete can stir emotions and motivate those around him, but also knows exactly when to slow things down and focus on being a strategist instead. Although he usually plays as a holding midfielder between defence and attack for Stuttgart, at international level he is primarily deployed at centre-half.

In all these ways Lovric is reminiscent of his biggest role model, and admitted to FIFA.com

that he is "trying to emulate Yaya Toure.” In New Zealand he will get the chance to follow the Ivorian's lead on a global stage. [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by imatalks: 9:01pm On May 06, 2015
Daninya11:

Why is Omego not on your line up? ??
bros it is because it is his line up!
you want force to right your line up as him own?

as for me I no get line up that's Manu's prerogative...until I watch the first two matches
current form it ultimate

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:05am On May 07, 2015
tbaba1234:

that's why i took Idowu out
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:21am On May 07, 2015
Daninya11:

Idowu does all the dirty job for the team. He works under ground for the success of the team. He should not be left out..

look this always happens the world cup is a whole different monster some players even star in the ayc and are not selected and i don't expect that trend to stop because Manu picks only the best form no sentiments.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 12:26am On May 07, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

look this always happens the world cup is a whole different monster some players even star in the ayc and are not selected and i don't expect that trend to stop because Manu picks only the best form no sentiments.
No strings attached. . Only the best makes the team. . You are not judge by your achievement yesterday but what you can bring to the table
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:38am On May 07, 2015
honeric01:
@Joseph

Your ban is from the spam bot which works automatically when it sense something like spamming going on.

i advise you give room for your post, it seems you post multiple comments almost at interval.. space the time you pose each article.

Thanks

i feel that compromises his agenda because news comes daily so he can't exactly wait to post it because then it gets old and that contradicts why people come here which is for the latest news on our boys.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by honeric01(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

i feel that compromises his agenda because news comes daily so he can't exactly wait to post it because then it gets old and that contradicts why people come here which is for the latest news on our boys.

Then the ban continues..

check the time interval between his recent post.. that should give you an idea on what i am talking about.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 3:11pm On May 07, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

u know what u r right take out Idowu put in Omego
you did't know the value of akinjide idowu
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 5:34pm On May 07, 2015
tbaba1234:

his team has two center back. check very well. Musa and Ndidi. Musa played as center back in morocco paired with omego while nwakali was the right back. kelechi on right wing, yahaya on the left. idowu and mathew in the middle while awoniyi supports success in attack. That nwakali is a utility player i bet can even keep sef!

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 5:52pm On May 07, 2015
zoboizee:

his team has two center back. check very well. Musa and Ndidi. Musa played as center back in morocco paired with omego while nwakali was the right back. kelechi on right wing, yahaya on the left. idowu and mathew in the middle while awoniyi supports success in attack. That nwakali is a utility player i bet can even keep sef!

Nwakali was not good at right back, he was a liability there. Watch the U17 African tournament.. His side was always leaking... Fortunately, Garba moved him to midfield after the game against Sweden. He showed that he was a more natural midfielder.

Musa right wing runs will be missed, it is an integral part of the way they play... Besides, he has not played CB in a long time.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:16pm On May 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Esperance step up chase for Awoniyi[/size]

Tunisian club Esperance have not given up on a sensational swoop for Nigeria U20 striker Taiwo Awoniyi as they will send a high-powered delegation led by the club’s president to Germany to convince him to sign for them.

The Tunis club have made a first offer of $1.2 million for the player.

Esperance are ready to further break the bank to sign Awoniyi, who shone at the recent African Youth Championship in Senegal, after they signed his Flying Eagles teammate Bernard Bulbwa.

“The Esperance president and his vice are due in Germany this weekend to convince Awoniyi his future is with them. They are ready to table an improved offer for his signature,” a source informed AfricanFootball.com

The biggest stumbling block for Esperance in this matter is that Awoniyi’s handlers are very clear the 17-year-old striker is headed only to Europe and have tried to scare away Esperance by demanding for a king’s ransom, which the Tunisian club appear now ready to pay. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:19pm On May 07, 2015
honeric01:
@Joseph

Thanks

Just came back from another ban. I get your point. I will do as you suggested. What interval is appropriate? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:27pm On May 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Special Nike World Cup boots for Flying Eagles stars[/size]

Several Flying Eagles stars including Kelechi Iheanacho and Isaac Success are to wear special Nike boots for the U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The Flying Eagles stars already have personal endorsement contracts with Nike, who are also now Nigeria kit sponsors.

Other players with such a deal are Moses Simon, Chidera Ezeh, Musa Yahaya and Chidiebere Nwakali.

Meanwhile, the bubbling spirit in the Nigeria U20 team training camp in Nurnberg, Germany, has shot up after the team received a full complement of their training gear from kit sponsors Nike.

The team now have their travelling bags, boots, slippers, canvas shoes, training kits and casual wears from Nike as the sponsorship agreement kicked in on April 1, 2015.

“The new kits have worked wonders on the spirit of the boys. Now, they just want to go to New Zealand and ‘just do it’ as the Nike slogan goes,” said Flying Eagles assistant coach Nduka Ugbade.

“I really love the travelling bag. It’s simply beautiful,” praised an impressed defender Prince Izu Omego.

“The wind cheater is very comfortable and comes in very handy,” added striker Saviour Godwin.

The majority of the team are also happy that the kits they have received are in “Nigerian green”.

The players were also very delighted to pose for pictures in their new Nike gears.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by honeric01(m): 7:29pm On May 07, 2015
joseph1013:

Just came back from another ban. I get your point. I will do as you suggested. What interval is appropriate? Thanks

5-20 mins
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:34pm On May 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]FIFA U-20 World Cup to promote grassroots football in New Zealand[/size]

A plan to utilise the FIFA U-20 World Cup as a platform to boost grassroots football in New Zealand is taking shape. On Friday 8 May in Christchurch, football’s world governing body will conclude the second of two courses and festivals organised over the past fortnight.

Seventy coach educators from New Zealand’s seven football federations took part in the courses in Auckland and Christchurch and 250 children joined the respective football festivals, which rounded off the grassroots activities.

Commenting on the event, Peter O’Hara, the FIFA U-20 World Cup LOC Leverage and Legacy Director, said: “The courses were a key part of the Leverage and Legacy Plan for the FIFA U-20 World Cup, which has a comprehensive set of objectives aimed at improving football capability and participation. Through our plan, we also aim to celebrate multiculturalism and diversity.”

The programme will help us to achieve our overall purpose - to lead, inspire and deliver football across New Zealand.

Andy Martin, General Secretary of New Zealand Football

During the courses, coaches had the opportunity to plan 35 other grassroots festivals that will be staged in each of the U-20 World Cup Host Cities. “The FIFA Grassroots Football Festivals are a fantastic opportunity for New Zealand Football to continue to expand the game by engaging new children in football, providing positive experiences and helping them fall in love with our sport,” said Owain Prosser, Football Development Manager of New Zealand Football. “FIFA’s courses have also been very successful at developing New Zealand’s grassroots coaches, providing knowledge and empowering them to develop their players, volunteers, and clubs in their local community.”

Additionally, coach educators put together a calendar of over 100 festivals taking place throughout the year in the various football communities of each of New Zealand’s seven federations. A special festival for girls is scheduled for 6 June when the Football Ferns (New Zealand’s national women’s team) play their first match at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015.

"The FIFA grassroots courses have provided coaches from our regional federations, clubs and schools with the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the game at this important stage,” concluded Andy Martin, General Secretary of New Zealand Football. “This in turn will have a substantial impact on player development in New Zealand, engaging new players in fun activities focused on enjoyment and learning. The programme will help us to achieve our overall purpose - to lead, inspire and deliver football across New Zealand.”

Between 2011 and 2014, some 300 grassroots courses and festivals were organised and 15,000 coaches trained by FIFA in 143 countries, and more than 350 such events are scheduled to take place over the next four years. The grassroots budget has been increased from USD 8 million (2011-2014) to 10.5 million (2015-2018). A total of 60,000 youngsters have taken part in FIFA grassroots festivals to date, with 80,000 more expected by 2018.

[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.