Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,312 members, 7,842,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (482127 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
With this kind of decision from Granada it is very obvious that success will not make the team .unless Manu wants to be biased and this will be a bad omen for other of the team mate . Also in the aspect of team rhythm His inclusion may not be too good if he comes late , although he has been part of the team since under 17 , but this is entirely a different team in terms of professionalism and maturity . Manu Garba should be looking in another direction for someone that will fill his gap . (If there is any gap) . Nff should report Granada to fifa .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 8:50pm On May 10, 2015
tbaba1234:
I do not think there is any danger of Success not making the list except he is injured. Who will you replace him with, pygbara?

There are better players than pygbara .and who will do well cos they understands the team .since pug bars invitation to the team he has not really played to expectation . I think he's still gathering momentum cos he has been very good in the league .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 8:52pm On May 10, 2015
we dont need him again sef..we have better guyz that will still do the job in hiz absence, awoniyi,nacho,bulbwa etc are enough for the attack, to me too many attacks isn't sexy. Lets just stick to this current squad. Coz i dont see him making it, I hope i will be proved wrong at the end though.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 8:58pm On May 10, 2015
tbaba1234:
I do not think there is any danger of Success not making the list except he is injured. Who will you replace him with, pygbara?

who replaced him @ the u-17wc/AYC finals??

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:51pm On May 10, 2015
joxxy01:
who replaced him @ the u-17wc/AYC finals??

Awoniyi can not be the only striker in the squad... Pygbara is a decent player but i rate Success higher.. What happens if Awoniyi gets injured? I would prefer Success replacing him because you know, you are bringing in similar quality. Apart from the goal, Pygbara scored, i could not see what he offers the team.

Iheanacho can play as striker but that means changing the style
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mijestic: 10:23pm On May 10, 2015
There are other options in the squad. If simon moses is available, then we don't really need Isaac success. Also remembr dat apart from pyagbara,.we have chidera eze. No one is indispensable. Even the midfielders can score goals. Musa mohammed, a defender was highest goalscorer @ last AYC. So what are we talking about? Granada can have him if they want but it will do d player some good to put pressure on his team to release him knowing fully well his career is at stake. No cause 4 alarm, the team will take shape soon.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 10:47pm On May 10, 2015
Abeg what about nacho and moses? When are they joining the team? It seems they won't make the list of the team as things is going nw and it will really sucks, especially nacho.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by maidaboi(m): 11:00pm On May 10, 2015
U have forget about Yahaya he is also good now
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 10, 2015
After reading the trash and gibberish that Granada fc is spewing. I wanted to start ranting and raining curses on the club. .

Walahi if na me, I go just abscond.
What is NFF doing about it?? Is the FIFA world Cup not on the calendar

I can't let a golden opportunity like this pass me by oo. This is a tournament that can put him up there on the world stage.

It pays to be patient.. Mushroom club with shitty players making our goal poacher look so ordinary..
Mstchwwwwww..

I typed this raging with emotion..
This thing day pain me die.. .

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 11:15pm On May 10, 2015
Daninya11:
After reading the trash and gibberish that Granada fc is spewing. I wanted to start ranting and raining curses on the club. .

Walahi if na me, I go just abscond.
What is NFF doing about it?? Is the FIFA world Cup not on the calendar

I can't let a golden opportunity like this pass me by oo. This is a tournament that can put him up there on the world stage.

It pays to be patient.. Mushroom club with shitty players making our goal poacher look so ordinary..
Mstchwwwwww..

I typed this raging with emotion..
This thing day pain me die.. .

Let's forget about isaac, he put the shit on himself by joining the trash club in d first place. Hope there will be a better replacement for me in d WC

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 11:17pm On May 10, 2015
maidaboi:
U have forget about Yahaya he is also good now

Yahaya is an attacking midfielder, hope he's in the camp
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 10, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Let's forget about isaac, he put the shit on himself by joining the trash club in d first place. Hope there will be a better replacement for me in d WC

I don't see Isaac Success and moses Simon making the final cut. . Manu Garba will not bend the rules for any players. .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:45pm On May 10, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Isaac Success is a Udinese player on loan at Granada.

The two clubs have the same owner.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 11:52pm On May 10, 2015
Daninya11:

I don't see Isaac Success and moses Simon making the final cut. . Manu Garba will not bend the rules for any players. .

With or without them, the team will still scale through with the caliber of players on board +nacho
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 11:58pm On May 10, 2015
tbaba1234:

Isaac Success is a Udinese player on loan at Granada.

The two clubs have the same owner.

Both clubs are not good for him and it seems granada-shit is drawing him bck from his success as his name implies cos this WC will showcase him to world and it will be a good market for him unlike the bad market(granada) he's nw. Granada is a poor team
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:32am On May 11, 2015
Success and Nacho know what Manu wants as their coach so i don't see a problem in them coming late. I rather believe its a FIFA problem because i still remember cursing Granada for not releasing Success during the AYC he was never even on the bench during the tournament.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 1:44am On May 11, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
Success and Nacho know what Manu wants as their coach so i don't see a problem in them coming late. I rather believe its a FIFA problem because i still remember cursing Granada for not releasing Success during the AYC he was never even on the bench during the tournament.
this isn't about what the coach needs, but blending with the team. Those 2 aren't familiar with some players so they'll have to make it to camp on time in order to blend with the other guys. Iheanacho will be in camp latest Wednesday cuz he's done with club duties for now, but Success might just miss out.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 5:55am On May 11, 2015
Apart from Sokari and Pyagbara, most of the other players have trained together before in the U17 and in this U 20. Even Simon is not new to Manu Garba's camp. Remember is Tony Harris boy.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 6:32am On May 11, 2015
tbaba1234:

Awoniyi can not be the only striker in the squad... Pygbara is a decent player but i rate Success higher.. What happens if Awoniyi gets injured? I would prefer Success replacing him because you know, you are bringing in similar quality. Apart from the goal, Pygbara scored, i could not see what he offers the team.

Iheanacho can play as striker but that means changing the style
No body is arguin the fact that success is the real deal for our attack. wot i'm sayin is wot if he suddenly doesn't make the cut? Are we gonna start sulkin that he isn't available? Ma guy watch it..success wont be mised, pyagbara may not be as fine as success base on ur judgement but evry player wit its own style of play plus u dont judge a player by just a match or 2.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:37am On May 11, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Exclusive Interview: Flying Eagles will make history vows skipper Musa Muhammed[/size]

Flying Eagles skipper Musa Muhammed has declared the team are on track to be crowned U20 world champions after the bulk of the side conquered the world at U17 level two years ago.

QUESTION: You led Nigeria to win the FIFA U17 World Cup in UAE two years ago. Can you do same with the U20s in New Zealand?

Musa Muhammed: Yes, we can do it again. We will not disappoint the millions of fans back in Nigeria who have so much confidence in this team.

What gives you such confidence you could finally be the first Flying Eagles team to win the U20 World Cup after two near misses?

We have trained very hard, we are focused, we have the quality and we are ready to make history again. We will give everything to win the World Cup in New Zealand.

Has winning the 2015 African Youth Championship in Senegal in March boosted team confidence going into the World Cup?

It has helped a lot especially as we promised the whole nation that we will be going to the World Cup as African champions. We have done so and that has lifted our self-belief considerably.

The coach has less than a week now to name his final 21-man squad for the World Cup. What is like in the training camp here in Germany now?

Yes, there is a lot of tension in the team, every one of us is fighting to make the final squad. We are all putting our lives on the line to be on the flight to New Zealand. The coaches now have the chance to pick the best to represent Nigeria.

Will you make the final squad?

The coach picks the team and I will be very proud and happy to make the final squad. No one has an automatic shirt in the team, we all have to fight to be selected and the competition has been very fierce.

We have a couple of players who were not in Senegal like Kelechi Iheanacho, Isaac Success and Wilfred Ndidi who could now make it to the World Cup. Will we have a stronger team going to New Zealand?

The players you have mentioned we all started out at the U17 and so they know how we play and our formation. They have been very much part of the bigger team at some point in time. This means competition for places will be tougher.

What do you know about the Flying Eagles first round opponents Brazil, North Korea and Hungary?

Brazil is Brazil and Nigeria is Nigeria. Everyone is talking about Brazil, but they ought to also be talking about Nigeria. We respect all the teams in our group, but we will approach each game as a World Cup final. We are up to the challenge. We are driven to succeed.

If you were to pick one of your teammates who could make the big difference in New Zealand, who would it be?

We are a team, we play collectively, we play as a team and I believe each one of us who is selected will give his best for the country I believe.

In Senegal, who impressed you the most?

Taiwo Awoniyi and Ifeanyi Matthew because they gave us the confidence and goals and eventually we won the AYC.

Your team will play their first test game in Germany on Tuesday afternoon against the Hoffenheim U23 team. What should we expect?

This is not a friendly match for us. It is part of our preparation for the World Cup and we will take it very seriously because we want to win all the way to the final of the World Cup.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:39am On May 11, 2015
thegoodjoe, every media outlet seem to be saying that Guardiola is gonna be the next Man City coach. Do you think the EDS lads, which Iheanacho is a part of, have a chance with him?

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2015
safarigirl:
this isn't about what the coach needs, but blending with the team. Those 2 aren't familiar with some players so they'll have to make it to camp on time in order to blend with the other guys. Iheanacho will be in camp latest Wednesday cuz he's done with club duties for now, but Success might just miss out.
Food for thought how long did Argentina wait for Messi in 2005?
We can't say we want top players in Europe then panic when they have club commitments. Dropping any of they might prove detrimental to us.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:15am On May 11, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Food for thought how long did Argentina wait for Messi in 2005?
We can't say we want top players in Europe then panic when they have club commitments. Dropping any of they might prove detrimental to us.
did Messi get to camp 2 days to the first game? Bro, calculate 2 weeks from now. Isaac is not that important, the team has survived without him since the second game at the U-17 World Cup. They've played over 15 games without him and no losses have been recorded, so? Success is no Messi please.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:23am On May 11, 2015
safarigirl:
did Messi get to camp 2 days to the first game? Bro, calculate 2 weeks from now. Isaac is not that important, the team has survived without him since the second game at the U-17 World Cup. They've played over 15 games without him and no losses have been recorded, so? Success is no Messi please.

I never compared Success to Messi, i simply said we can wait for our important players like every other top country does, and please lets be honest Awoniyi is a poor man's Isaac Success.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:28am On May 11, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I never compared Success to Messi, i simply said we can wait for our important players like every other top country does, and please lets be honest Awoniyi is a poor man's Isaac Success.

lol...well, I used to think that. No longer. Awoniyi has grown in leaps and bounds. His confidence is very high. Isaac's confidence isnt as great.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2015
joseph1013:

lol...well, I used to think that. No longer. Awoniyi has grown in leaps and bounds. His confidence is very high. Isaac's confidence isnt as great.

lol ok to be honest not so much but i do believe Success is much needed how many time did we see Taiwo stall on a shot or pass up an open shot, i never remembered that happening with Success and i know his La Liga stats are not so great but his B team stats are ok 5 in 16 i believe and his coaches also have faith in him meaning he is doing good in practice so i still feel he is well ahead of the other strikers who ply their trade locally.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:55am On May 11, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Iheanacho is Man City’s future – Kompany[/size]

Belgium International Vincent Kompany has hailed Nigerian progidy Kelechi Iheanacho as a very important part of Manchester City’s future after he helped the Citizens U-21 team win the Premier League International Cup.

The Nigerian, who was watched by City’s senior duo of Edin Dzeko and Aleksander Kolarov, showed great composure to score against Porto as he rounded the goalkeeper before placing the ball into an empty net to give Patrick Viera a hard fought 1-0 win and the French man’s first managerial title.

Iheanacho is begining to come into his own at the Etihad after a spell at the sidelines with injury but on his return – the best player at the 2013 U-17 World Cup has scored three goals in four games for both the U-18 and U-21 sides of City.

‘Kelechi is just 18 -years-old and he`s a very important player for us in the future,’ he told the club’s official website.

‘With the teams display against Porto I’m sure he is going to come good soon.’

Iheanacho is expected to join the Flying Eagles of Nigeria sqaud currently preparing in Germany for the U-20 World Cup in New Zealand, from May 30 to June 20.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 11:22am On May 11, 2015
lakesidepapa:

good talk jaree my person.. clubs like PSV, Ajax, Porto will not let this opportunity pass him by, cos they know if he perform well in the world cup, his stock will rise meteorically..

honestly i pray he missed the world cup, so others can learn frm his mistake..
Imagine granada out of all clubs (from udinese).. the club doesnt even has any history in spain (MO)... no legend to look up to.. mtcheew...

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kannymoore(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Isaac DIDNT JOIN GRANADA!!

He is on loan from GRANADA's PARENT CLUB, UDINISE.

Please,get your facts right, biko.

Besides, there's every inclination that @ the end of this current season, isaac success might very well join Udinise's main team as they are quite satisfied with his development as a player.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kannymoore(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2015
joseph1013:
thegoodjoe, every media outlet seem to be saying that Guardiola is gonna be the next Man City coach. Do you think the EDS lads, which Iheanacho is a part of, have a chance with him?

I think iheanacho will definitely have a shot@ the main team under Guardiola.
Heck, if not for guardiola's guidance, Busquets, Pedro and Messi might not have become the world class players that they are today.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 12:45pm On May 11, 2015
People keep saying succes was desperate but udinese is no desperation jhur its a great club and as 4 me its not his fault if he comes late jare he juxt has to be on the plane to new zealand this is not d time to teach discipline issues he is better than eze,pyagbara,saleh and others. Manu shudnt make d mistake keshi made for dropping sunday mba in d wc due to lateness cuz with d absence of mba we didnt have a quality bench
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 12:48pm On May 11, 2015
kannymoore:

Isaac DIDNT JOIN GRANADA!!

He is on loan from GRANADA's PARENT CLUB, UDINISE.

Please,get your facts right, biko.

Besides, there's every inclination that @ the end of this current season, isaac success might very well join Udinise's main team as they are quite satisfied with his development as a player.
toh, let him forfeit the WC and go and join Udinese's first team while his mates get offers from Madrid and Arsenal after the tournament. If Success makes the team to the detriment of some other dedicated fellow who's been sweating it since AYC Qualifiers, Manu's integrity will be in question. You can't serve 2 masters, club has preceded country this time and there will be consequences. Manu is not Keshi, there are no sacred cows

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.