Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,647 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483725 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2015
joseph1013:
[size=14pt]Nwakali rejoins Manchester City for pre-season[/size]

Flying Eagles midfielder Chidiebere Nwakali has said he will rejoin Manchester City for pre-season training in the summer.

The 18-year-old Nwakali has been shipped out on loan to Spanish La Liga side Malaga, but he told AfricanFootball.com he will return to his parent club for preparations for the new season.

“I was part of City’s pre-season last season, but injury stopped me from being fully involved. However, I will again be part of the pre-season this summer,” he said.

The smart-playing midfielder has been loaned out to Malaga for two and half seasons and said he hopes to make his first-team debut next season.

“I hope to be playing for the first team of Malaga next season after I featured for the second team this outgoing season,” he said.

Breaking into the Manchester City first team will prove difficult for Nwakali. Although he is rated highly by the Coaching crew in the Etihad Campus, I think the Argentine Bruno Zuculini is the preferred choice for the youngster that will break into the central midfield role of the CityZens.

Nwakali needs to work hard because of competition from Fernando, Fernandinho and Zuculini. If Yaya leaves and Pogba arrives at the Etihad, then Nwakali's chance gets harder.

I hope Nwakali has a good outing and secures a place in Malaga's first team.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by olapluto(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2015
Just a side-note. There are no U23 teams in Hoffeinheim. I dont think any European club will have U23 teams too. They usually stop at U21.
Is Manu's team playing team B of Hoff? If so, that is a bigger test than their youth team (U19).
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:15pm On May 12, 2015
joseph1013:

“This is one of the reasons we came to Germany because we knew we would get some quality friendly matches,” he said.

“This type of friendly against the German team will definitely improve us for the World Cup. We expect them to show some technical and tactical dexterity which is exactly what we want and I believe they will be a good test for the boys.

“Most of them have only played against African teams so they understand the physical aspect of the game but we need them to also understand the technical and tactical aspects better and it is something we have been working on.”

Asked if it will be about winning for him, he said he’d rather prefer to see a better team cohesion and understanding from his players, but added that a win would be a bonus.

“It’s not about winning, but to see how ready the boys are and how they can cope against technical and tactical teams. If we win it will be a bonus but we just want to see team cohesion and understanding.”

Very brilliant and accurate answers from the Flying Eagles Coach, Manu Garba.

I like the fact they are playing U23 sides which are tactically and technically sound. This will help our boys catch up fast with the technical aspect of the game.

Most of the European teams in this competition will come with tactical and technically sound players who are top professionals. This matches will help our boys understand their approach.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chrisooblog: 1:16pm On May 12, 2015
yes he can be bought as long as the players buy out clause has been met and personal terms agreed with the new club. case in point suarez joining barca from Liverpool even though he signed a contract extension
safarigirl:
Abeg o, question. If a player is under contract with a club till a certain time, can said player be bought by another club before that contract expires?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:17pm On May 12, 2015
olapluto:
Just a side-note. There are no U23 teams in Hoffeinheim. I dont think any European club will have U23 teams too. They usually stop at U21.
Is Manu's team playing team B of Hoff? If so, that is a bigger test than their youth team (U19).

It seems German clubs have U23 sides. Probably the B teams of the Club.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by olapluto(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It seems German clubs have U23 sides. Probably the B teams of the Club.
Good then. I can imagine an U23 team being the B team then. Maybe players returning from injury from the first team, and their U21 graduates.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:33pm On May 12, 2015
olapluto:

Good then. I can imagine an U23 team being the B team then. Maybe players returning from injury from the first team, and their U21 graduates.

Maybe, there is an age grade to be part of the B team. Players above that age might search for other clubs if they can not make it into the first team. My opinion though.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On May 12, 2015
Despite the interesting news of Godwin Saviour's improvement in the camp of the Flying Eagles, I believe when Nacho arrives the Flying Eagles Camp, his form will impress the Flying Eagles coaches.

I tip Nacho to become the standout player of the World Cup.

I feel this is the most talented side we have ever assembled for the Country. The stars are numerous. It is sad my best player of the AYC, Obinna Nwobodo will not take part in this competition.

Fly Eagles Fly.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Despite the interesting news of Godwin Saviour's improvement in the camp of the Flying Eagles, I believe when Nacho arrives the Flying Eagles Camp, his form will impress the Flying Eagles coaches.

I tip Nacho to become the standout player of the World Cup.

I feel this is the most talented side we have ever assembled for the Country. The stars are numerous. It is sat my best player of the AYC, Obinna Nwobodo will not take part in this competition.

Fly Eagles Fly.

You are very correct , even the 2005 wasn't this star studded ! Manu has really worked to discover them .Nigeria is blessed .

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 2:26pm On May 12, 2015
So Success has not even played in 2 weeks and y'all are saying he must make the team.

Na this week una go know say the indispenable can be dispensed
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by watchindelta(m): 2:29pm On May 12, 2015
any link cheesy 4 d match
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2015
chrisooblog:
rabiu Ibrahim signed for sporting Lisbon before the u17 world cup in 2007 and we all know how the next 'jay jay' ended up so bro I don't get all this your hype on success

FACT!!!!!!!!!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 2:45pm On May 12, 2015
safarigirl:
So Success has not even played in 2 weeks and y'all are saying he must make the team.

Na this week una go kniw say the insuspenablw can be dispensed

Some people doesn't have first hand info about this lad they re clamoring For , the just want him on the field of play cos of his under 17. Performance . "He should be tested before he can be trusted again "
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 2:48pm On May 12, 2015
joseph1013:
kannymoore, for now the EDS is an average team. It is certainly not the best team in the English Youth Setup. Ever heard of the Chelsea team and a certain prolific Solanke? What about Liverpool? Leicester? All you need to do is check out the standings. Man City EDS is certainly a team for the future. Not now.

Honestly, the Isaac, Iheanacho, Bulbwa argument is not one I want to get involved in. I love them all. But be that as it may, if Isac comes late to camp, he's not going to New Zealand. You can bank on that.

to buttress ur arguement joseph, the strength of this team does not lie in those players individual qualities alone (which i think only account for 30% of there success), but the team work, technical/tactical contribution of the coaches/trainers..

success coming late to camp will only rely on his individual quality, which counts to nothing in this team...a friend of mine manage to see their training once, he told me the last time he saw that kind of drilling was in german team of 2010... we all love success as a player but the underlying truth is, he will miss the world cup if he comes late to camp...

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by confun: 3:25pm On May 12, 2015
Abeg, ao far wit d match
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 3:31pm On May 12, 2015
1-1 Flying eagles Hoffenheim after 25 mins

godwin saviour scored for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 3:33pm On May 12, 2015
Flying Eagles take the lead 2:1

Second half..

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 3:37pm On May 12, 2015
tbaba1234:
Flying Eagles take the lead 2:1

Second half..

Oga how you dey watch am? I go like see am too. Be like say den don ban joseph1013 again. Abi, Oga Joseph, how market na?

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 3:42pm On May 12, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Oga how you dey watch am? I go like see am too. Be like say den don ban joseph1013 again. Abi, Oga Joseph, how market na?

I am not watching it, those updates were from twitter.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 3:43pm On May 12, 2015
tbaba1234:

I am not watching it, those updates were from twitter.

Which handle?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 3:56pm On May 12, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Which handle?

The last update was from @thenff handle
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 4:00pm On May 12, 2015
Full time result

Flying Eagles 5

Hoffenheim 2

Hatrick Awoniyi
Ezeh and Savior scored the other goals.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 4:00pm On May 12, 2015
The scored 5 but they need to examine their defence.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kannymoore(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2015
tbaba1234:
Full time result

Flying Eagles 5

Hoffenheim 2

Hatrick Awoniyi

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked!!!!

JEEEZUUus!!!!

grin

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lardy96(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2015
The match has ended.5-2 the final score.flying eagles

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by billante(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2015
These boys are SMOKING HOT!!

We gonna have an exciting world cup

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2015
Amazing performance from the young Eagles. Glad to see Saviour proved he deserves the hype of his improvement. Awoniyi's unrelenting effort is amazing.

I am glad Ezeh scored. I hope he makes it to the World Youth Championship.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 12, 2015
tbaba1234:
Full time result

Flying Eagles 5

Hoffenheim 2

Hatrick Awoniyi

Yet some quack football Pundits on the platform ain't recognising Awoniyi's talent as a Goal-poacher! Awoniyi is Yekini in making, thus he's better than Isaac Success at the moment. He always delivers and never shies from poaching goals!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by samueld0(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2015
tbaba1234:
Full time result

Flying Eagles 5

Hoffenheim 2

Hatrick Awoniyi

Brazil don die
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 4:14pm On May 12, 2015
safarigirl, come and see what your boyfriend is doing o. HATTRICK! Diaris god u o. And someone says Isaac will walk in and bench him. If I hear!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Yet some quack football Pundits on the platform ain't recognising Awoniyi's talent as a Goal-poacher! Awoniyi is Yekini in making, thus he's better than Isaac Success at the moment. He always delivers and never shies from poaching goals!

No one denies Awoniyi's talent. We are debating who is the best among them. Even those that will be dropped are top talents.

Simon Moses was not a star player of the squad but he has grown into one of the top emerging talents in football. Godwin Saviour is tipped to become the star of the tournament by a flying Eagles coach despite him not being one of the stars of the team.

We critiqued Awoniyi's finishing. Many said if he works on his finishing and improves his turnover rate, he will be one if the World's best strikers.

These lads are all good, we are checking for who is the best of the best. We want the best to lead the line.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by billante(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2015
This is the only time in Nigeria football history we are about playing brazil and there is no tension or panic at all

It just be like we are about playing Honduras, cause of the quality and confidence these boys are oozing out!

I doff my hat

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.