Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,596 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:14 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483723 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 7:43pm On May 19, 2015
P0intBlank:

Yeah, I know they didn't win. But that generation put Portugal on d map again. Qualified Portugal for world cup for first time in 16yrs. Semis in Euro 2000 & Germany 2006 and Runners up in Euro 2004. Played top flight football and many of them enjoyed successful club careers (d likes of Figo, Rui Costa, Paulo Souso, Fernando Couto, João Vieira Pinto, Jorge Costa, Rui Bento)

how did Kanu have a club successful career? Was he the only one in his set?

I insist this issue is multi-dimensional. Coaching expertise is just one out of so many
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On May 19, 2015
P0intBlank:
Yeah, I know they didn't win. But that generation put Portugal on d map again. Qualified Portugal for world cup for first time in 16yrs. Semis in Euro 2000 & Germany 2006 and Runners up in Euro 2004. Played top flight football and many of them enjoyed successful club careers (d likes of Figo, Rui Costa, Paulo Souso, Fernando Couto, João Vieira Pinto, Jorge Costa, Rui Bento)

They were called the golden generation for a reason, it does not happen that often

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 7:52pm On May 19, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

U lie show me where i said MY FLYING EAGLES ARE NOT SO GOOD,
So are u saying this team can beat any team in the world 5-0? I simply said id prefer better friendly matches for a better gauge of where we are at like say Argentina, Germany or even some senior African teams. These are just practice matches hommi so don't trip.

Bros, na wa o. Whose words are bolded. Small small na

BascoVanVeli:

My question never dared insinuate that my beloved flying eagles are not a top team so lets get that very clear young man.
The fact remains if you lose 5-2 and 5-0 u can not be that good. Even our home teams didn't lose that bad only the dolphins lost 4-1 and that was because they lost their talisman Emem Eduok a single player so that should show you that maybe those 5 are all those clubs have.

And yes, there are plenty teams in this World Cup that the Flying Eagles can score 5 goals against, even Brazil.

I will repeat again: stop underestimating the attacking prowress of this Flying Eagles' team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by dwag: 7:58pm On May 19, 2015
LeeCodeman:

And yes, there are plenty teams in this World Cup that the Flying Eagles can score 5 goals against, even Brazil.

I will repeat again: stop underestimating the attacking prowress of this Flying Eagles' team.
@codedman that match na straight win he go be for naija based brazil newzealand build up. I go argue till 2mao iswear!!!!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 8:00pm On May 19, 2015
chrisooblog:
I think the issue of players not graduating to senior team to become pillars is not as straight forward as we think. with Nigeria apart from the age issue delay in finding good clubs willing to invest in their football education is a major drawback.

how many countries produce world beaters at youth level? few and far between the argentine example given was part of the solid foundation laid by jose pekerman remember he was u20 coach of argentina for years so the system not only won trophies but produced more players like cambiasso, di maria to mention just a few. xavi and casilas that won Nigeria 99 how many years did it take them before they won the world cup?. so it takes a while

the reason why I think south americans do so well is that like I mentioned above the system ensures the right talented players are used plus they have historical relationship with a lot of these European club who are willing to take a chance on their youngsters unlike Africans eg Ghana, Nigeria who have allowed cheating through false age declaration to limit such opportunities

I think Nigeria is on the right track now...good youth coaches identifying technically gifted youngsters (emphasis mine) training them in good academy setups ensuring such players get transferred to top European clubs with bias for young players eg ajax barca porto arsenal etc

if I had my way manu would stay youth coach for many years

God bless you jare. You are so so on point
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 8:04pm On May 19, 2015
kannymoore:

Pls.. don't forget Father Tiko!.. he's the first guy who put the super Eagles on the map...way before Westerhof and bonfere jo.

Yes yes yes. And Chief Onigbinde too - local-based coach
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:15pm On May 19, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Did the flying eagles lose 5-0? please remind me or are u just looking for an argument. Did i say if a team wins 5-0 they can't be that good? YES my words were bold because i don't like words being put in my mouth. Make your point don't make up points.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:19pm On May 19, 2015
Another assist from Iheanacho 3:0 city

49. GOAL CITY!!! Another brilliant goal! @BrandonBarker96 dribbles through three, exchanges passes with @67Kelechi and slots home. 3-0!!!

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 8:20pm On May 19, 2015
safarigirl:
Una thank you o. Glad the boys are winning, tis a good birthday gift. Wish Awoniyi would score, even if he doesn't, I'll still love him. Still hoping he sends me a friend request though grin. @leecodeman, who you dey call small geh? Do you know how old I am?

i believe this is not coming too late.. hbd sis.. wish ur loff d best of d tournament... wont mind if yu bluetooth d remnant of item no 7...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:21pm On May 19, 2015
Iheanacho finally scores

57. GOAL CITY!!! @67Kelechi makes it 4-0 to the Blues, tapping home from close range after @BrandonBarker96 had clipped in the cross.

1 goal 2 assists

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 19, 2015
@safarigirl, you can follow your sweet heart here https://instagram.com/awoniyi18/
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:34pm On May 19, 2015
Iheanacho runnning riot

68. @BrandonBarker96 and @67Kelechi running riot now - the former finds the latter again but Cropper makes a fine save to keep it 4-0.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:48pm On May 19, 2015
With Iheanacho, Moses and Success, there will be more goals for the flying eagles... Iheanacho's creativity will create more chances for his team mates

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:56pm On May 19, 2015
CFCfan:
@safarigirl, you can follow your sweet heart here https://instagram.com/awoniyi18/
I don't have android and ayam not on instagram cry
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:15pm On May 19, 2015
jobsat34:

i believe this is not coming too late.. hbd sis.. wish ur loff d best of d tournament... wont mind if yu bluetooth d remnant of item no 7...
thanks o....tis not too late. No item 7 o, sorry smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:20pm On May 19, 2015
More about today's game

Okay Ojo Leke was in goal today

I hate to say this but Leke should have done better for Freiburg only goal of the game,beaten by the near post he is covering #poor

Usman Sale produced nothing special to score but u still have to praise his dedication in putting in his best despite being dropped

As u won't believe what one of the coaches told me,he said "If only Muazam was doing it last week,we would have dropped ?? for him

Courtesy: @guysly2much

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2015
tbaba1234:
With Iheanacho, Moses and Success, there will be more goals for the flying eagles... Iheanacho's creativity will create more chances for his team mates

I like the quality in the team .it will give any coach headache to select the best from the best . First eleven fire1 The bench is another fire2

I pray that they are injury free till the end of the tourney , Mexico , Brazil , Argentina and Germsny should be warn!!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:21pm On May 19, 2015
Leke in my view is a poor keeper, He was very shaky at AYC and is making mistakes already.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Segadem(m): 9:35pm On May 19, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

My question never dared insinuate that my beloved flying eagles are not a top team so lets get that very clear young man.
The fact remains if you lose 5-2 and 5-0 u can not be that good. Even our home teams didn't lose that bad only the dolphins lost 4-1 and that was because they lost their talisman Emem Eduok a single player so that should show you that maybe those 5 are all those clubs have.
Those five are in the bracket of the U-20,it's not that they are better than those who played against flying eagles it's just because they are u20 while the rest are u23.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 9:36pm On May 19, 2015
tbaba1234:
Leke in my view is a poor keeper, He was very shaky at AYC and is making mistakes already.

Leke was fantastic during the 6 tournament , at a point I felt he was the first choice . It's very rear before a team we need the third keeper . He is just going there to make a number ....I will advice him to up his game , if he want to be relevant in the future ...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:38pm On May 19, 2015
lexyman:

Leke was fantastic during the 6 tournament , at a point I felt he was the first choice . It's very rear before a team we need the third keeper . He is just going there to make a number ....I will advice him to up his game , if he want to be relevant in the future ...

He was not tested in the super six...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 9:41pm On May 19, 2015
tbaba1234:
There are certain persons i just so like in this term... there are some i really dont... it not prejudice but perception.... leke falls in the latter...... Dont knw what about him but aint confortable with his size..urghhh.... was even wishing he dont make the team...anyway he nailed it already
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On May 19, 2015
More:

Take it from me Saviour Godwin is pushing for a starting spot VS Brazil,don't be shock if he displaced Bulbwa or Yahaya,dude is dat good

Muazam took his goal so well,that one of the coaches turned and shrug at Manu Garba more like "we can't do nothing"

After hearing how Leke Ojo performed today,I pray we have no need to use him during WYC otherwise na die be that

Anyway are u guys aware that all 9 players dropped are on standby? All have gotten New Zealand Visa incase they are needed

Pyagbara need deliverance was the response I got when I asked how he performed,what might have gone wrong with the kid?

Source:@guysly2much

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 9:52pm On May 19, 2015
tbaba1234:

He was not tested in the super six...

He was tested .... I thought u will say the quality of the strikers in team we did play with wasn't that good .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:56pm On May 19, 2015
More:

Ugbade instruction to Musa is always make sure u take out one defender by dribbling so that u can create space for another

Okon did well today....feel sorry for the lad as well

So far a German team have made an approach ready to throw in a bid for Ifeanyi Ifeanyi,you won't believe it

Source: @guysly2much

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 10:32pm On May 19, 2015
tbaba1234:
More:

Ugbade instruction to Musa is always make sure u take out one defender by dribbling so that u can create space for another

Okon did well today....feel sorry for the lad as well

So far a German team have made an approach ready to throw in a bid for Ifeanyi Ifeanyi,you won't believe it

Source: @guysly2much

Wow this is good news
Keep it comming pls..........'''''' more newwwwwwwwssssssss*****
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2015
EagleScribes:

how did Kanu have a club successful career? Was he the only one in his set?

I insist this issue is multi-dimensional. Coaching expertise is just one out of so many

I totally agree. The Factors are numerous. Others (I think) would include desire, hardwork, Player's life style, choice of club, willingness to accept correction, Player's true age and the ability to handle pressure and criticism.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 6:37am On May 20, 2015
Man City 4-0 Southampton | Iheanacho scores; provides assists
By David Tamaraebiere May 19, 2015

Flying Eagles teen star Kelechi Iheanacho led City Elite Development revenge mission on Tuesday as they hammered Southampton under-21s at St Mary’s on Tuesday night 4-0.

Three days on from their 2-0 defeat to Saints at the Academy Stadium on Saturday, Patrick Vieira’s side ran out emphatic 4-0 winners in their penultimate Barclays u21 Premier League game of the season.

Aaron Nemane gave City the lead with his first goal at under-21 level after 37 minutes and Olivier Ntcham doubled the advantage with a brilliant long-range strike a minute before the break.

The first period had a pleasing ebb and flow to it with chances at both ends but the away side undoubtedly deserved their two-goal lead as they had seemed to improve and dominate increasingly as the half wore on.

City were even better after the break and found themselves three to the good five minutes into the half when Brandon Barker scored a fine individual goal before in-form Kelechi Iheanacho made it 4-0 on the hour to complete the rout.

The result moves City up a place to eighth in the table, just a point behind Southampton with champions Manchester United up next in their final u21 Premier League assignment at City Football Academy on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 6:40am On May 20, 2015
By Nurudeen Obalola:

Nigerian youngster Kelechi Iheanacho was the star of the show on Tuesday night as Manchester City’s U-21s handed out a sound beating to Southampton U-21s in an U-21 Premier League match.

Iheanacho, who has been included in the Flying Eagles squad to next month’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand, scored one of the goals and assisted two others as Patrick Vieira’s Elite Development Squad won 4-0.

The 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup Most Valuable Player was on from the start on Tuesday night and set up the first goal when his pass was turned in by Aaron Nemane in the 37th minute.

The former Golden Eaglet was involved 12 minutes later when he exchaged passes with Brandon Barker, who netted City’s third goal.

Iheanacho then scored City’s fourth in the 67th minute from close range, to cap an eye-catching, man-of-the-match showing.

The Nigerian forward was so impressive that the Manchester City Twitter handle decribed him as ‘running riot’, and he alsmost bagged a second goal late on, forcing a save from the Southmpton keeper.

Iheanacho played the full 90 minutes and is expected to link up with the Flying Eagles soon.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:44am On May 20, 2015
A silent follower of the thread. Been reading the last 4 pages. Kudos to everyone. . .

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:49am On May 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles hammer Freiburg II 4-1[/size]

[img]http://dc433.4shared.com/img/pLJhki1Uce/s7/14d6fdc7f18/Flying_Eagles?async&rand=0.5338225953877674[/img]

Flying Eagles of Nigeria won their third training match in Germany on Tuesday when they pipped Freiburg second team 4-1 at Freiburg.

It was their third straight win on a pre-U20 World Cup training tour of Germany after they thrashed Hoffenheim U23 5-2 and Nurnberg U19 5-0 to total 14 goals for and three against.

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical committee chairman Felix Anyansi-Agwu watched the match and commended the team for their commitment.

Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazam’ opened scoring for the Flying Eagles after 13 minutes when he slotted home from inside the box after some good work by left back Mustapha Abdullahi.

The African champions thereafter missed over a dozen chances in the first half.

Frieburg drew level against the run of play in the 70th minute through Adel Daouri.

However, the Flying Eagles finally put on their shooting boots again in the 81st minute, when substitute Godwin Saviour shot home from the edge of the box after Mustapha tried to shoot past the goalkeeper following another bombing run into attack from defence.

Ifeanyi Matthew made it 3-1 two minutes later when he dashed clear of the defence and the goalkeeper after he was set up by Bulbwa.

Substitute Usman Sale then wrapped up the win in stoppage time when he smashed home from a rebound with virtually his first touch of the game.

Flying Eagles vs Freiburg U23

Olorunleke Ojo – Musa Muhammed (Skipper), Mustapha Abdullahi, Wilfred Ndidi, Zaharadeen Bello - Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akinjide Idowu 82), Ifeanyi Matthew, Kingsley Sokari (Abdullahi Alfa 73), Musa Yahaya (Godwin Saviour 73) – Alhassan Ibrahim Muazam (Chidiebere Nwakali 57), Bernard Bulbwa (Usman Hassan Sale 90) [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 7:31am On May 20, 2015
semid4lyfe:
A silent follower of the thread. Been reading the last 4 pages. Kudos to everyone. . .

If the poster is doing a good job, why have you as a moderator not encouraged him by moving this great thread to frontpage or at least put it at the top of the sports page?

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.