Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 (18184 Views)

Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June / Boko-Haram Starts Operation-Wear-Himar (Hijab) Campaign / Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by DOWHILE: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pls, anyone with d nafilat format for this year shld share.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by reedbam: 4:58am On Jun 29, 2014
Salam, as per the time variations, maclatunji please have you done the research? We pray 5:15 am here, when do you think sahur should stop. Moreover adhan will be called around 4:30 and 5:00am
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by Abuklaw(m): 6:17am On Jun 29, 2014
DO_WHILE: Pls, anyone with d nafilat format for this year shld share.
salam alaykum brother. There is nothing like nafilah format in islam, just observe any number of Rakah you deem fit ranging from two to infinity.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by maclatunji: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2014
reedbam: Salam, as per the time variations, maclatunji please have you done the research? We pray 5:15 am here, when do you think sahur should stop. Moreover adhan will be called around 4:30 and 5:00am

I do not know where you live and a lot of work has been done on this even online, you can download Solat times to your phone or computer, add your location or allow GPS to track it automatically and you will get the times for your locality Insha Allah.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ramadan Kareem, everyone.

But today is my own first day oo.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by reedbam: 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
maclatunji:

I do not know where you live and a lot of work has been done on this even online, you can download Solat times to your phone or computer, add your location or allow GPS to track it automatically and you will get the times for your locality Insha Allah.
alright jazakhallahu khayran... that seems like a lot of work, I live in Abuja (details thanks)
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by barackodam: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
reedbam: Salam, as per the time variations, maclatunji please have you done the research? We pray 5:15 am here, when do you think sahur should stop. Moreover adhan will be called around 4:30 and 5:00am

Same here in Zaria
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by DonToyBss(m): 3:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
Salam....Pls download Ramadan app for android users.....
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ojutu.ramadancompanion
pls download and share
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by maclatunji: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
reedbam: alright jazakhallahu khayran... that seems like a lot of work, I live in Abuja (details thanks)

OK, you should visit http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerDetail.php?country=nigeria&city=Abuja_Capital_Territory&id=469&lang=

Sahur stops when Fajr starts. You can also download "Adhan Alarm" on your smartphone to have it with you and get notification as prayer and sahur/breaking begins.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by deols(f): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
zeezzy: Aaamin.@deols,my sister,so happy to see u are back.

Thank you. How av u been?
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by barackodam: 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
Contrary to what some of us most have heard about the moon,
The Sultan never declared Sawm, some other people did, how they got to do that, I don't know, but my observation this evnin after Maghrib, was the moon(which I saw), was definitely more than one. Am not saying those that ddnt fast on Saturday are wrong or not, just letting us no that those of us who fasted on Saturday are very safe, according to the moon

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by itstpiia: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kul 'am wa enta bi-khair!
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by reedbam: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
maclatunji:

OK, you should visit http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerDetail.php?country=nigeria&city=Abuja_Capital_Territory&id=469&lang=

Sahur stops when Fajr starts. You can also download "Adhan Alarm" on your smartphone to have it with you and get notification as prayer and sahur/breaking begins.
jazakhallahu khayran brother
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by maclatunji: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2014
barackodam: Contrary to what some of us most have heard about the moon,
The Sultan never declared Sawm, some other people did, how they got to do that, I don't know, but my observation this evnin after Maghrib, was the moon(which I saw), was definitely more than one. Am not saying those that ddnt fast on Saturday are wrong or not, just letting us no that those of us who fasted on Saturday are very safe, according to the moon

He did not personally announce last year too. His office did under his instruction. People just love to create controversies where there is none.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by ameenahz(f): 5:27am On Jul 01, 2014
Sorry, Maclatunji for 'attempting' to derail this thread.

I have a question.

I am a nursing mother. My baby is 6 months old. And i work too. I fasted when i was pregnant, and alhamdulillah, i had no problems. However, this time, i have been unable to fast. Yesterday, i had to break my fast at 11am because i felt too faint to continue and i was at work.

My problem now is, i usually have problems repaying missed fast. I just don't have the discipline. Can i simply pay fidyah in this case? Or must i repay the fasts?

If i can pay fidyah, is it for 2 people or one person? Can i do it in bulk as in simply give enough to last the whole month?

Cc maclatunji, tbaba1234, sissie, lanrexlan, vedaxcool, deols, betathings.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by maclatunji: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2014
^You ask a though question, let us look at what the sheikhs are saying. cheesy

Question

My wife gave birth now in the month of Ramadan and she is presently nursing our newborn baby. She is unable to fast and breastfeed at the same time. Does she really have to make up all those days later on? Can’t she just expiate for the missed days by feeding a poor person for each missed day?

Answered by
Sheikh Muhammad b. `Abd Allah al-Mijlî, presiding judge at the Mecca District Court

A nursing mother who finds fasting in Ramadan difficult for her is fully within her rights to abstain from fasting.

A pregnant woman and a nursing mother, if they break their fasts on account of their condition, take the same ruling as those who break their fasts because they are ill or on a journey. This means that they must make up the missed fasts at a later date, when doing so becomes easy for them.

There have been a few scholars who held the opinion that pregnant women and nursing mothers can simply opt to expiate for the missed days by feeding a poor person for each day missed. However, this opinion is not a strong one.

The correct ruling is that these women have to make up the fasts that they miss. Allah says: “Whoever among you who is ill or on a journey should fast a number of other days.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 184]

The application of this ruling to pregnant women and nursing mothers is made clear in the following hadîth.

Anas b. Mâlik relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah has excused the traveler from the obligation to fast and from half the units of his prayer. He has excused the pregnant woman and the nursing mother from fasting.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (715), Sunan Abî Dâwûd (2408), and Sunan Ibn Mâjah (1667)]

This indicates to us that the ruling for the traveler being excused from fasting is the same as that of a nursing mother. Since the traveler must make up his fast later on, so must the nursing mother.

And Allah knows best.

http://en.islamtoday.net/quesshow-57-790.htm

In short you are better-off finding that discipline to make-up your fast. Your husband can help you out by fasting with you or at the very least encouraging you to make-up your fast. May Allah make it easy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by vedaxcool(m): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2014
@ ameenahz, congrats on ur baby, may Allah grant her a long and prosperous life, amin. I think mac has said it all abi na post it all, the more favoured position is fasting the missed days, u still have substantial time to fully recover and get the will power to fast.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by ameenahz(f): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2014
maclatunji: ^You ask a though question, let us look at what the sheikhs are saying. cheesy

Question

My wife gave birth now in the month of Ramadan and she is presently nursing our newborn baby. She is unable to fast and breastfeed at the same time. Does she really have to make up all those days later on? Can’t she just expiate for the missed days by feeding a poor person for each missed day?

Answered by
Sheikh Muhammad b. `Abd Allah al-Mijlî, presiding judge at the Mecca District Court

A nursing mother who finds fasting in Ramadan difficult for her is fully within her rights to abstain from fasting.

A pregnant woman and a nursing mother, if they break their fasts on account of their condition, take the same ruling as those who break their fasts because they are ill or on a journey. This means that they must make up the missed fasts at a later date, when doing so becomes easy for them.

There have been a few scholars who held the opinion that pregnant women and nursing mothers can simply opt to expiate for the missed days by feeding a poor person for each day missed. However, this opinion is not a strong one.

The correct ruling is that these women have to make up the fasts that they miss. Allah says: “Whoever among you who is ill or on a journey should fast a number of other days.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 184]

The application of this ruling to pregnant women and nursing mothers is made clear in the following hadîth.

Anas b. Mâlik relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah has excused the traveler from the obligation to fast and from half the units of his prayer. He has excused the pregnant woman and the nursing mother from fasting.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (715), Sunan Abî Dâwûd (2408), and Sunan Ibn Mâjah (1667)]

This indicates to us that the ruling for the traveler being excused from fasting is the same as that of a nursing mother. Since the traveler must make up his fast later on, so must the nursing mother.

And Allah knows best.

http://en.islamtoday.net/quesshow-57-790.htm

In short you are better-off finding that discipline to make-up your fast. Your husband can help you out by fasting with you or at the very least encouraging you to make-up your fast. May Allah make it easy for you.

Thanks, Mac.

Heeooo. So if i miss 20, i'm in trouble niyen o. Ok. I have no choice. I'll manage and fast whenever i'm not at work sha.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by ameenahz(f): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2014
vedaxcool: @ ameenahz, congrats on ur baby, may Allah grant her a long and prosperous life, amin. I think mac has said it all abi na post it all, the more favoured position is fasting the missed days, u still have substantial time to fully recover and get the will power to fast.

Ameen to your prayers. Thank you.

But really, except my mon-thur fast once in a while, it's just always difficult for me to watch others eat without partaking. embarassed . Even the ones i missed as a result of menses, i pay it back one per month, lol. How do i repay 20 or more?
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by maclatunji: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2014
ameenahz:

Thanks, Mac.

Heeooo. So if i miss 20, i'm in trouble niyen o. Ok. I have no choice. I'll manage and fast whenever i'm not at work sha.

Ok grin May Allah make it easy.
Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by barackodam: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
ameenahz:

But really, except my mon-thur fast once in a while, it's just always difficult for me to watch others eat without partaking. embarassed . Even the ones i missed as a result of menses, i pay it back one per month, lol. How do i repay 20 or more?

20 months, mathematically grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 by vedaxcool(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
ameenahz:

pleasure, I sympathise with u but view it as a debt u need to pay!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Earthquake Prank On Muslim Imam / Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / Obasanjo Builds N350M Mosque And Arabic School In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.