Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment (14023 Views)

Eagles Train Under Heavy Rain / Super Eagles Train At Adidas HQ In Germany / Watch The Nigerian Super Eagles Train At The Adidas HQ In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by Jiggaman101: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nobleval: I hope they don't charter a flight for the cash. We've had enough disgrace from Ghana.

Bombing each other, burning each other on a day when your national team is playing a World Cup game is not a disgrace.

The only time countries at war stop fighting is when their national team is playing but you choose to kill and bomb and kidnap each other. Yet you don't consider that a disgrace. Forking Eba eater
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Bombing each other, burning each other on a day when your national team is playing a World Cup game is not a disgrace.

The only time countries at war stop fighting is when their national team is playing but you choose to kill and bomb and kidnap each other. Yet you don't consider that a disgrace. Forking Eba eater
Idiot is here.
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by otokx(m): 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
manmustwac: Footballers (who earn a lot more money than the average nigerian) complain about bonuses and it gets approved by the Government. Meanwhile students at LASU and OAU universities complain about high school fees, teachers complain about low salaries and the Govt isn't interested in their plight. sad

This summarizes the mentality of Nigerian government. That money was not in the budget.
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by 190: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
Wahala in our countree grin grin grin
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by virginice: 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
sad sad sad 190 e don tey o
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by Seandeeds(m): 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
This is the part i don't get, why do these guys have to fight over money all the time? It's common with African and 'Third world' teams. Last week, about $3million has to be flown in for the Ghanaian team, on the orders of the president, when they threatened to shun their last group match.( www.seunsblog.com). This isn't good enough. What exactly is the problem pls?
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by 190: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
virgin ice: sad sad sad 190 e don tey o

cant remember you grin

But since ure a woman ar u hot grin
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by sethken: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
Seandeeds: This is the part i don't get, why do these guys have to fight over money all the time? It's common with African and 'Third world' teams. Last week, about $3million has to be flown in for the Ghanaian team, on the orders of the president, when they threatened to shun their last group match.( www.seunsblog.com). This isn't good enough. What exactly is the problem pls?

The problem is that in developed Nations and even in some South American countries, bonuses are not an issue because bonus money, and appearance fees will be paid to the players as promised by the respected federations. This is in contrast to most African countries, where promises are made but never kept. The players must make their demands now or else, they will never be paid what is due to them. Remember the money in controversy, the appearance fees comes from FIFA and not from the coffers of the Nigerian government or the government of any other African country. The problem is that we are CORRUPT in Africa. The corrupt officials at the helm of affairs will rather pocket the money than pay it to the players. These players from Nigeria and Ghana are acting based on precedence. Unless we change, we will remain a laughing stock in the international community. No human being in any part of the world plays only for national pride. The norm is that a person should be compensated for their hard work. FIFA makes a lot of money from the talent of these players. It is only fair they are compensated.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by Litmus: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2014
The Ghana players behavior was disgraceful there should be no excuses for that. And let's not lump Nigeria and Ghana together in this. Sometimes the Nigerian players sulking for cash perception can be embarrassing but no Nigerian footballer - to my knowledge - ever regressed to the status of beast like the Ghana footballers assaulting Executive members of team - in the glare of the entire world shocked shocked. And Brazil is such a glamorous setting...and all those poor Afro Brazilians probably looking to Africa for some shred of dignity, to identify with Africans and instead they get cannibalistic oonga-wonga behavior
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by neyobills: 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
Jigga_man101:

My dear we talking about the fifa world cup here,if u have to talk about bombings,then simply open a new thread where birds of ur feather can blab,so far so good in the ongoing world cup here are the facts,Ghana was unable to win any of their group stage matches and crashed out like a pack of cards,their players made a mountain out of the molehill of their bonuses that they had to fly down(launder)cash to Brazil to pay them as if they were refugees while 2 were suspended for been unruly to officials,they made the silliest mistakes I have ever seen in football history both Dauda and Boye in their final game against Portugal,I think you guys have disgraced yourselves enough,I wonder why u want to continue the trend here on NL,or is it hereditary?

1 Like

Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
blueto: our players should leave bonus aside first. Play and give us good results, then u wil hav ur rewards

If u have time u can read

>>>Super Eagles Should Practise Penalty-Kicks Now

If you are a businessman you won't be talking like this. A customer enters your shop and carry your goods on credit, first day and second day and you keep granting credit till the fourth purchase..

Are banks on strike that NFF cannot credit these players accounts so that they can receive alerts on their phones ?

It is called morale booster. I laugh at this country....
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by ogaju007(m): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2014
DaBozz: Whether they train or not, they are playing their final game against France and they will be out of the tournament. They have done well by coming out of the group stage but we can't hide from the fact that our defence is porous and our midfield is not functional because of lack of creativity.
#Thanks Super Eagles
For making Nigeria and Africa proud!

#TeamNetherland....
#TeamLuisVanGaal.....
#TeamArgenRobben....
#TeamRobinVanPersie.... All the way!

hahaha you my friend will be highly dissapointed today when naija beats france 3-0
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by ogaju007(m): 8:56am On Jun 30, 2014
okpara ugo:

If you are a businessman you won't be talking like this. A customer enters your shop and carry your goods on credit, first day and second day and you keep granting credit till the fourth purchase..

Are banks on strike that NFF cannot credit these players accounts so that they can receive alerts on their phones ?

It is called morale booster. I laugh at this country....

You are right bro. and can i just add that its not even about the Money, its about the principle....
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by DaBozz(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2014
ogaju007:

hahaha you my friend will be highly dissapointed today when naija beats france 3-0
Fingers crossed.
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by ogaju007(m): 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
DaBozz:
Fingers crossed.

I hope youre watching the game ooooo Good first half ... just need to score now ....
Re: Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment by DaBozz(m): 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
ogaju007:

I hope youre watching the game ooooo Good first half ... just need to score now ....
Yes boss! M really impressed. The SE has really up their game and it would have been 1 nil if our goal was not wrongly ruled for an offside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Warri Wolves Players Protest against the Non-payment Of Salaries (Photos) / We Can Make Things Difficult For Nigeria - Ethiopian Coach Warns / Bruno Fernandes Named Man Utd’s New Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.