Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,337 members, 7,954,383 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry (64512 Views)

So Sad! 14-year-old Nollywood Actor Passes On (see Photo) / End Time Things, Shocking Sex Scene From Nollywood Movies (photos) / 37yr-old Nollywood Actress, RITA DOMINIC Has Found A Husband:(pix Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by lalasticlala(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
QweenMercy: Dont remember watching any of the movies mentioned here...
Does dat mean M stil a kid

lol

ya u were either still a kid , a toddler or u weren't born as at the time most of those movies were released.

a: true
b: false
c: all of d above
d: none of d above
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by QweenMercy(f): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
lalasticlala:

lol

ya u were either still a kid , a toddler or u weren't born as at the time most of those movies were released.

A,b,c,d.... grin
lalasticlala:

lol

A,b,c,d....
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by jnrbayano(m): 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2014

Perhaps
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by lalasticlala(m): 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
QweenMercy: .....

A,b,c,d.... grin.....

A,b,c,d....

lol

hahahahahahaha
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by diva17: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
grin
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Karleb(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
I don't remember most films here, but I can categorically tell you that Isakaba and Aki na kwa will never depart from my heart.

Somebody even forgot to mention Desperado, men! cool those were films.

Unlike the ASUU strike wey dem dey produce for nollywood now a days.

And talking of yoruba film 'koto aye' was one hell of a film most folk wouldn't forget in a hurry.

The children of nowadays really need to go back to the past and have a taste of nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Timah247(f): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
u guys forgot to mention
'Ukwa'-Osofia and patient ozonkwo a.k.a 'Susu'
'Sympathy'-liz benson and nkiru sylvanus.
theres anoda movie where a kid begged 4 'puff puff' in d nyt they came callin for him,dnt really rememba d name of dat movie
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by valicious1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
dejt4u: The list is incomplete without the following;
1. Arelu,
2. Ogbori elemoso(epic movie by lere paimo),
3. Afonja(the legend- wit peter fatomilola as d main actor),
4. Saworo Ide nd agogo eewo (produced by mainframe),
all ajileye series(eran iya Osogbo, koto aye, ibraheem omo orukan et all),
5. all epic yoruba movies are the best so far.. Believe me on this!

Also, some mount zion movies..like ultimate power(agbara nla-wit characters lik ayamatanga), esin ajoji(my favourite), captives of the mighty, hunting shadow, blood on the altar, etc
Pls we are talkin of REAL Nigerian movies here not your amateur Yoruba stage dramas. Tenks.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Mprex(f): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
And what happens to people like me that havent seen most of these movies sad
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by hugelyendowed: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
When the sun set introducing Kate Henshaw
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by BlackSwan: 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
montestic: my top 10:
1) Living in Bondage
2) Glamour Girls ( They used to chase us away whnever they were watching it bcs they said we were kids then)
3) True confession
4) Jezebel
5) Betrayal
6) Rattle snake
7) Day Break
cool Nneka the Pretty Serpent
9) Igodo
10) Ikuku
And there was nothing inside the movie sef, after all the chasing. I downloaded the stuff from youtube to see what the big deal is but there's nothing
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by 2romantic: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Black Swan:
And there was nothing inside the movie sef, after all the chasing. I downloaded the stuff from youtube to see what the big deal is bu
t there's nothing

I love that scene where Zack orji bathed and fingeredd eucharia anunobis pucci.

I also like that scene where snake entered that girl Puccini

that Glamour Girls was a master piece
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by deewhone(f): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
D list goes on and on, cuz d movie makers bk den devote their tym, enerdy, resources & cum out with a fantastic productn. Abeg remove 4 & 5 from d list. We also v movies lyk Full moon, Queen of d nyt, mortal inheritance, above d law, oracle, evil men, tears in heaven, rituals, identity, discovery, the oath, evil genious, diamond ring, private sin, lost kingdom, d price, end of d wicked, danger zone,last party. Lots more 2 be mentioned
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by deewhone(f): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
D list goes on and on, cuz d movie makers bk den devote their tym, enerdy, resources & cum out with a fantastic productn. Abeg remove 4 & 5 from d list. We also v movies lyk Full moon, Queen of d nyt, mortal inheritance, above d law, oracle, evil men, tears in heaven, rituals, identity, discovery, the oath, evil genious, diamond ring, private sin, lost kingdom, d price, end of d wicked, danger zone,last party, mid-nyt scream. Lots more 2 be mentioned
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by 2romantic: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
[quote author=deewhone]D list goes on and on, cuz d movie makers bk den devote their tym, enerdy, resources & cum out with a fantastic productn. Abeg remove 4 & 5 from d list. We also v movies lyk Full moon, Queen of d nyt, mortal inheritance, above d law, oracle, evil men, tears in heaven, rituals, identity, discovery, the oath, evil genious, diamond ring, private sin, lost kingdom, d price, end of d wicked, danger zone,last party, mid-nyt scream. Lots more 2 be mentioned [/quote
ya oracle was wow!!!
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by fruityjojo(f): 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ishawuru, the three witches chai I couldn't go 2 the toilet alone two months after watching that movie!
Blood sisters, omotola & geneveive. I cried my eyes/heart out cos of this movie.
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by maxism2: 10:25am On Jul 05, 2014
the Pope must hear this staring Ramsey Nuah as a rev father that fuckedd rev sisters like Rita nzelu and olu Jacobs as the pope

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by dahmie2013: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
So u ppl have 4gotten Diamond Ring so fast! Starring RMD, Liz Benson,&co.
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Khalessi: My love: chiege alisigwe and Ramsey noah
One movie like that genevieve got pregnant for emeka ike...blah blah blah undecided
Final whistle:Saint obi and some fair chick like that.
Take me to mama:Saint obi and some dude that looks like him.
Issakaba: Sam dede and Co.
you mean beloved genvieve and emeka..was my favourite

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by esscence00: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
Lordabas:
If the award winning naija action movie Issakaba isn't in ur list op Consider it fake
WORD!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by LaurelP(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
My love
Mark of the Beast
Billionaires Club
Dangerous Twins
Valentino
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by montestic(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Black Swan:
And there was nothing inside the movie sef, after all the chasing. I downloaded the stuff from youtube to see what the big deal is but there's nothing

lol

but that was d first of its kind that time , that's y.

but can I get that glamour girls and true confession on YouTube?
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Fpersiee(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
QweenMercy:
Dont remember watching any of the movies mentioned here...
Nne it seems you are...But do not worry much because in 20 years+ time, you would nostalgically flashback Mercy Johnson's movie with style. smileyI bet you that. In other words, it means long-life to you. grin
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Cherlene(f): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
lalasticlala:
10. Domitila (1996) produced by Zeb Ejiro, starring Anne Njemanze. Domitilla is a landmark film in the Nigerian home movie industry. It started the trends of the now-establishedtrend of movies about ‘single girls’ and their (mis)adventures in big cities. Ann Njemanze, becamean instant movie star after acting the leading role. The main story line was of how young girls get into in the quest to survive. Sometimes, they’re fuelled by greed, some other times by need, peer pressure and in the end the become morally derailed.

9. Blood Money (a 1997Nigerian movie) Chico Ejiro movie that starred the likes of Zack Orji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Francis Agu and Sam Dede. Directed and Written by Chico Ejiro. In the movie, a man lost his Bank job, and was drawn into the world of rituals where the only way for him was by taking the life of an another.

8. Glamour Girls (a 1994 Nigerian movie) produced by Kenneth Nnebue featuring Liz Benson, Eucharia Anunobi, Gloria Anozie, Zack Orji, Barbra Odoh and Dolly Unachukwu.

7. Scores to Settle (a 1998 Nollywood movie) Produced by Sunny Collins and directed by Chico Ejiro. Along with Rich Azu, Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Patrick Doyle featured in this film.In the movie, Sade, rejected by her in-laws, hits the streets with her two sons after the death of her husband. This was the beginning of a long journey marred by insecurity, death and poverty.

6. Igodo: A movie directed by Andy Amenechi, starring Pete Edochie, Norbert Young, Sam Dede, Charles Okafor,Obi Madubogwu, Chidi Mokeme, Prince James Uche, Ignis Ekwe, Joe Layode and produced by Ojiofor Ezeanyaeche

5.Aki na Ukwa (a 2003 nollywood movie) directed by Amayo Uzo Phillips starring OsitaIheme, Chinedu Ikedieze, Amaechi Muonagor and Oby Kechere.

4. Osuofia in London (a 2003 Nigerian movie) written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and stars other acts including Nkem Owoh, Francis Odega and Cynthia Okereke. Osuofia in London is a Nigerian comedy film written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and starring Nkem Owoh; African Movie Academy Award winner . The film was among the highest selling Nollywood films

3. Nneka The Pretty Serpent:
Years after its release in 1992, “Nneka the Pretty Serpent” remains a reference point for Nollywood in the past. The home video helped launch the careers of the likes of Ndidi Obi, Eucharia Anunobi, Ngozi Ezeonu and Rita Nzelu amongst many others. Released during the VHS era, the emergence of this movie saw a shift from foreign movies to Home Videos.Directed by Zeb Ejiro and produced by Okechukwu Ogunjiofor. Ngozi Ezeonu, Rita Nzelu and others.

2. Most Wanted (1996)
Produced by Dozie Eriobu and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin. Featuring Regina Askia, Ibinabo Fiberisima and Ayo Adesanya along with Liz Benson, Antar Laniyan and Genevieve Nnaji which was her first movie, although she played just a minor role there. In the movie, a group of unemployed ladies decide to disguised as men and rob and the police was having a hard time tracking them down as they were on the lookout for male robbers. When one of the girl’s falls in love with the investigating police officer, story changed. The policeman later finds out that his lover is a member of the ‘Most Wanted’ criminal gang.

1. Living in Bondage
This movie is one of the oldest to be acted but the popularity it commanded after it’s release opened up Nollywood to the world. In the movie, Andy Okeke (Kenneth Okonkwo) killed his wife and used her for rituals to become wealthy and most certainly, this came with repercussions leading to his becoming mad.

Other Memorable Nollywood Movies of All Time Include:

* Keeping Faith: Staring RMD and Genevieve Nnaji and produced by Ego Boyo.

* True Confession: staring Liz Benson, Zack Orji, Ann Njemanze, Shola Fosudo.

* Suicide Mission: staring Regina Askia, RMD and Obit Etuk.

* Rattle Snake: staring Nkem Owoh, Ann Njemanze, Francis Duru, Ejike Metuselah, Julius Agwu.

* Silent Night staring Ramsey Nuah, Segun Arinze, Alexx Usifo

* Day Break: staring Olu Jacobs, Emeka Ike, Omotola Jolade, Sandra Achums.

* World Apart: Staring Liz Benson, Laz Ekwueme, Kenneth Okonkwo, Hilda Dokubo, and the movie featured INI Edo which catapulted her to the limelight

Which other film is supposed to be here?

Super, have not SEEN ANY of the above mentioned movies.

Will do so!!

Cherlene
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Lucky77: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2016
Kindly remind me the name of the Nollywood movie where Olu Jacob was the king, Kenneth Okonkwo, the heir to the throne was blind folded and to be killed but was abandoned and picked up blind,....... Tonto Dike was his daughter.... later became king...
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Estelle85: 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
Please someone help me. What is the title of the movie where Omotola died and Ramsey Noah killed himself and they both turned to ghost singing in the forest. I need the answer before 12 am thanks
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by LilTyRoNe: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
dejt4u:
The list is incomplete without the following;
1. Arelu,
2. Ogbori elemoso(epic movie by lere paimo),
3. Afonja(the legend- wit peter fatomilola as d main actor),
4. Saworo Ide nd agogo eewo (produced by mainframe),
all ajileye series(eran iya Osogbo, koto aye, ibraheem omo orukan et all),
5. all epic yoruba movies are the best so far.. Believe me on this!

Also, some mount zion movies..like ultimate power(agbara nla-wit characters lik ayamatanga), esin ajoji(my favourite), captives of the mighty, hunting shadow, blood on the altar, etc

Oga pls translate those things cos no one knows your movies
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
@ No 9 immediately I saw 'blood money' the next thing I searched for was Kanayo O.kanayos name grin
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by LilTyRoNe: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
Jarizod:
@ No 9 immediately I saw 'blood money' the next thing I searched for was Kanayo O.kanayos name grin

Abi kanayo king of money ritual
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by romanusebhodagh(m): 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Pls can I unread?
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by KennyWheeler: 8:43am On May 22, 2021
You can download Listas IPTV https://coimobile.com/listas-iptv/ to watch better and more attractive TV channels without paying fees

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don Jazzy "If You Are Having Sex And You Are Tired, Stand Up Dont Kill Yourself" / Burial: Mercy Johnson's Mother's Coffin Carried In Style (Photos) / Fans Slam Simi For Showing Her Pants [PICS+VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.