Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. (1943 Views)

Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook / Nairaland Stories That Made My Year!(2013)! . . . . . / How Can We Turn Some Stories On NL Into A Movie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 29, 2014
I dont if dz will help the writers.
I thnk Sammy Hoe's writeups already have back up so I will not bother updating them

I hope u enjoy the stories
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 29, 2014
THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED BY ROYVER STARTED ON feb 13th.
My hands are shaking so bad.
Okay. Okay. Dad says I should calm down, I'm no use to anyone if I'm screaming all over the place. Moreover screaming seems to attract more ofthem.
Tayo has just been killed! Tayo!!!
Calm. I'm calm. I'm calm.
Okay. Dad says I should write what I'm seeing. That I should pretend I'm not even here right now. That if I don't write there would be no record of what happened and it would all have been for nothing.
But how do I start? How do I concentrate in all this madness?
My senior bro just came in. There's blood all over him but he doesn't seem to be hurt. He quickly allays dad's fears...the blood is from the others still in the field. My mom is out of the kitchen and briefly hugs senior bro, blood and dirt and all. She's telling dad that the hot oil and hot water are ready. Iftheytry to break through the barricaded windows, we'll bath them in it. There's an excitement in her eyes. Nothing like I've ever seen before. Who knew mom herself had a dark side? Dad is a military man so I can understand him taking all that is going on without breaking a sweat but mom? Sweet mommie?
I'm not making sense. I'm not making any sense!
Let me try again...
Hello. My name is temitope Richards. My parents are Mr and Mrs Yinka Richards. We reside at what used to be no. 12 Wednesday street, off Macaulay junction in Offa, Kwara state. Of course, since after the earthquake our 'street' is more like a hilltop now. Our house was the only one left standing after the incident, mainly because dad fortified the foundation a few years ago and our house isn't a high rise one like Chief Akpati's own. His house just fell over like a stack of cards and there were no survivors. Of course no-one in Nigeria built houses with the mind that there would be earthquakes, in fact we had never experienced any real earthquake in this country until last week...
Dad is smiling at me. He's happy that I'm calmer now. He is bleeding from his left cheek but I don't think he notices it. Deji has gone to bring in more fuel from the filling station nearby. He's very brave. He says fuel is going to be like money in the months to come...if we survive this last tear. He likes calling the great earthquakes 'tears.' Mum has backed baby with her wrapper and is pointing dad's other rifle out the window. She doesn't want them sneaking up on us. Initially we thought our only house surviving the quake was a blessing but now it has become a nightmare. It attracts them...
Another quake has started. I'm getting used to the rocking motion, like the whole earth is shaking from side to side and the only thing you can do is lay flat on the ground and hope and pray that the ground does not open up beneath you. That's the worst of all. That's what killed most of the people in my school.
Teachers...classmates...a few of us survived because we were foolish enough to climb a tree when the quake started. It was a dangerous place to be, the tree, and I remember our geography teacher screaming at us to come down and lie flat on the field. He was still shouting when the field opened up beneath him and he and the others fell to the depths. I can still hear their screams...their voices echoing from the depths and then sudden silence.
NEPA has brought the light. Dad immediately tunes to CNN. Reception isn't good and sound is completely gone but we can read the headlines.
"Breaking news...South America continent vanishes...millions of lives lost..."
The screen is filled with horrible pictures of floating bodies and debris floating in an endless sea of where used to be the vast land that was south america.Helicopters fill the air. The president of the united States is making a statement. I wonder if they won't be too busy handling their own problems to bring relief to Nigeria.I wonder what our President is doing about this.
Dad was right. I'm much calmer now. The sound of screams and gunshots and explosions outside have died down to a bare minimum, at least in mind. So I'm going to keep on writing. Today I'm not going to worry how we are going to survive, what Aso rock intends to do. I'm not going to bother about the bleak news on TV or whether i'll see James again. I'm not even going to think about those people that burst into ashes just before all this began, leaving behind only their clothes.
Today I'm simply going to concentrate on telling you How the World Ended.
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2014
I'm sorry i saved only the first page of d many pages
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2014
This next story is by mattiechris whose account got deleted in the halacaust of Nairaland
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 29, 2014
The Travails Of Life. A Storyby mattiechris(f):5:40pm

Travails
of life tells the story of
three generations who strive in the inner eye of their faith searching
for love,power,respect and self happiness.It is set on the boundaries of
a typical modern day ijaw family.
The family strives for wealth.love and inheritance but is thrown into
total chaos by betrayal,jealousy,hatred,strife and bitterness
WELCOME TO THE POUBO FAMILY!
The story begins with the lost love of Francis Poubo and Mercy
Idoutobo,and his manipulative second wife Ebikimifa Poubo.Revolving to
their offsprings and finally the third generation.
Travails of life tells the tale of a typical african family.
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2014
Mercy
was a very beautiful,well brought up girl, which every average young
man would love for a wife.She had an oval face matched with a set of
charming eyes and a well structured pointed nose which complimented her
dark red lips.She had a figure which had the ability to command a second
look wherever she was found.She could capture the eyes of any young man
who still had blood flowing in his veins.This was what attracted
Francis to her ,not only her physical features but also her character
and attitude in relating towards others.So it was a dream come true
when she agreed to marry him.
francis is an average young man with an handsome face that attracts loads of girls to him.Mercy happens to be one of those girls.There he was,a young,well built man,from a good home and had a good name,asking for her hand in marriage,why wouldnt she say yes,although it was too fast a decision to undertake,she wasnt wasting any more time.The love of her life was proposing to her and here she was thinking of what to say.All of a sudden,it was out...
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Divepen: I dont if dz will help the writers.
I thnk Sammy Hoe's writeups already have back up so I will not bother updating them

I hope u enjoy the stories

Why do u keep saying that my write up has back up? The back up I have is just like 40% o. I am still looking for the remaining 60%. Even self, d ones I have are scatter scatter. I wonder how I would be able to assemble them again.
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Royver(m): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Heh. Thanks for this. Have been searching for the original manuscript but couldnt find it. what about the other pages though?
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 30, 2014
@ Royver, I'm sorry I didnot have dem on fone but I will see what I can do to
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Royver(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2014
Divepen: @ Royver, I'm sorry I did not have dem on fone but I will see what I can do to
No wahala, na you try pass. I honestly don't know what to do now, whether to continue with the story or start another one. What do you guys think?
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Royver:
No wahala, na you try pass. I honestly don't know what to do now, whether to continue with the story or start another one. What do you guys think?

Today i got all of elantracey's Itohan
All of Dygeasy's The Job
and some of TiffanyJ's The relunctant bride on line...
I will help them post it if they give me the permission..
And if you also want me to do it just drop your name
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Dygeasy(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
Divepen:

All of Dygeasy's The Job
You're an angel bro!!!

I actually have every part of my story intact with me.

Rule #1; My own copy first then Nairalanders' tongue

I'll begin posting once I finish typing and saving everything in my Word Office.
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Dygeasy: You're an angel bro!!!

I actually have every part of my story intact with me.

Rule #1; My own copy first then Nairalanders' tongue

I'll begin posting once I finish typing and saving everything in my Word Office.

Thaz gr8 ...oya go and finsh d job
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by TiffanyJ(f): 5:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Divepen:

All of Dygeasy's The Job
please help me do it Divepen. May God bless you for us. How was your night?
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
TiffanyJ:
please help me do it Divepen. May God bless you for us. How was your night?

amen..It was great..
I will try to start soonest
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by D9ty7(m): 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sir, do you by chance have my story?
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
D9ty7: Sir, do you by chance have my story?
which of them,sir.
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by D9ty7(m): 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
The fight for power
Divepen:
which of them,sir.
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Niyipo(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Fight fr power

CHAPTER 1
"tell me Titi have you gotten a new job?" Chief Oltin
asked.
"Not at all sir." she replied.
"So why are you playing with your job. I expected
more from you but your overall performance was not
up to par." He informed.
She kept quiet and waited for him to continue.
"I thought you said me we were the only one bidding
for the estate. So how come we lost the deal?" He
asked.
"I was very suprised too because when I got the reply
for our bid, I learnt there are no competitors for the
business." Titi replied.
"Fine, so how come the eventual winner of the deal
knew we bidded seventy million?" He asked.
"That I don't know o." She replied.
"Who is the highest bidder? Who was able to pay
above seventy million naira?" He asked.
"Meyler group of companies." She replied.
"Mey... What!?" He said hitting his fist on the table
angrily.
"Meyler? Again?"
Titi kept quiet and was looking at her boss.
"But why is it that Meyler is always there to stall all
my business aspirations? This is the third time he is
blocking me in two months." Oltin lamented.
The reason for their rivalry was not far fetched.
Meyler was formerly an ex-business associated with
Oltin but along the line, Oltin overtook Meyler and
accepted a contract from the British government.
They had vowed to make each other pay for it. But
Meyler seems to be playing his cards well as he had
defeated Oltin three consecutive times. The first time
being a bid to become a crude oil distributor, but
Meyler won the case based on the fact that he was
well connected with the peopla in government. The
incubent Vice president was Maeyler's friend. The
second defeat came when the Oltin was approached
by the chinese government over a joint
establishment of a car company in Nigeria, but
Meyler went ahead and sealed the deal even before
the letter could reach Oltin and now the estate
business.
"You can go." He dismissed her with a wave of hand.
"Get Sall for me." He ordered her retreating figure.
Sall was the head of his security(Body guards/thugs)
who had been working with him for the past fifteen
years.
-------------------
Raymond was seated in a corner inside a popular
club house known as TroPPY vip spot. His table was
filled with drings and assorted dishes ranging from
peper soup, both beef and chicken, barbeceu and
many more.
Suddenly his eyes caught something of interest.
"This opportunity no go pass me by." He muttered to
himself as he walked towards a very beautiful lady
who sat at the other end of the room vertically
opposite his seat.
As he appproached the lady, his heartbeat began
beating real hard and faster than normal. But he
waved it aside like he wasn't nervous. "There is no
going back."
"It would be a very great honour if i am opporrtuned
to sit with a beauty like you." He began.
The lady ignored him and at that time intensified her
rate of concentration on her phone. It seems like she
was pinging.
He felt defeated but he won't give up. Then he tried
another approach.
"Hello." he said.
"Hi." She replied after ten seconds.
"Is this seat taken?" he asked.
"Why this seat of all empty seats around here?" She
asked typical of a normal Nigerian answering a
question with another question.
"It is because i want to grab the opportunity of sittng
with a beauty like you." He replied.
She smile for the first time since the begining of their
conversation. He used that opportunity to look at her
features. Mere looking at her while sitting down, she
should be about 5ft'6' tall, moderate shape,
moderate burst, fair in complexion. She was a beauty
to behold.
"You are most welcomed." She said pointing to an
empty seat in front of her.
"Thank you." He replied as he sat down.
"My name is Raymond Meyler, the son of the famous
billionaire. May i know your name?"
"Before then why aren't you taking anything?" He
asked further. "Barman." He beckoned on the man in
charge of seving foods and drinks.
"No don't bother." She cautioned.
"Hey relax, the bill is on me." He assured.
--to be continued--
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Bloomingbud(f): 11:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Divepen. can you please post the rest of the reluctant bride? Thanks.
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 08, 2014
Bloomingbud: Divepen. can you please post the rest of the reluctant bride? Thanks.
I will try, d day i dd it, I went to do an online registration, that was y I was able to save d little I saved
Re: Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. by Mj45: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2014
Pls, what of "OPERATION STOP THE WEDDING"?
Didn't anyone salvage that beautiful story?

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Has Finally Destroyed My Life. What Am I Going To Do? / Books Of Revelation / Let's Write! Add Your Bit To This Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.