Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,107 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. (4013 Views)

Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Tvegas(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2014
ddd
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by meine: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2014
Maybe that is what it takes to be called mom and dad wink
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by dytbabe: 11:23am On Jun 29, 2014
Giggling
I understand how u feel bt am sorry to tell u, u have to endure for a while, for some, its usually till abt 12wks, some for abt 20weeks while some is till delivery
cheesy grin
Don't be scared its only normal
Things that makes us parent
Enjoy it too
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by meine: 11:52am On Jun 29, 2014
@Poster
Wetin you give your wife chop? Infact SSS should interrogate you. You didn't complain when both of you were enjoying the thing o.lmao

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by MARKone(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
First pregnancy, you are likely to experience some really weird shyte my brother.

...some turn to Pitt Bulls during that period, very aggressive

You should try to encourage her to be eating, moderately though, get her a lot of beverages and try and be romantic by spoon feeding her grin might help her regain her appetite. And don't forget to take her to the hospital if need be.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by filiks(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
Sorry man, Just keep trying different kinds of food, you'll definitely find the one her system will accept totally.

When my wife was pregnant for our first, fruits saved the situation! She went on fruits mostly. I only had the task of making it interesting for her by constantly searching for variety of fruits without changing the ones that she loved the first day.

Goodluck bro!

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
15kg loss shocked shocked shocked
in 3 months shocked

that doesn't sound right oo, biko, see a better doctor
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Tvegas(m): 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Thanks everyone,i will keep trying fruits and other measures.

@Markone, your Pitbull analogy got me cracking grin. Dont let her catch you saying that.

@Aluta, we use St Ives, one of the good hospitals recommended and 3 doctors have met her till date, all of them say she must help herself to eat. Am a bit at my wits end because i was told these symptoms usually stop by 12th week.

This little experience has shown me its not easy being a mother,women are trying and should be respected.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by ATSOMEH(f): 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
Op, try to find out if there is any thing irritating her and get it out of the house, hide it or stop using it. Since her mum has already told u about her, I dont think there is any cause for worry, some people are like that.

I would also advice u that after the 9mths elapses, ensure you are wit her in the labour room to hold her hand or rub her back, I tell u, your life would never remain the same after this experience.wink
*smiles*
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by flakkykul(f): 8:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
She wld get better,just let take fruit nd if possible get her 7up it helps to reduce d vomit cos of d gas.
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
Exactly my thought. Or she should eat in bits, so she get to eat a lot. Bits and pieces that keeps the baby mellow and her tummy calm.

Or she may just be reacting to something. My opinion though.
Noting to enjoy in this one oooo. Haba... na!
alutacontinua: 15kg loss shocked shocked shocked
in 3 months shocked

that doesn't sound right oo, biko, see a better doctor
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Hotstepper(f): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
I suffered this for 4 months sef.....i even had to get a cook cuz I couldn't eat my own food. There was a pill to stop me from trying to vomit which worked. Also let her eat in small quantities even if it's 10 times a day. Let her eat what she likes even if it's only dat thing everyday. I hated perfume smell so my hubby kept his own in da car nd spray it on his way to work.
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pregnancy especially the first comes with so many challenges,allergies and body changes. She should try and eat so that the growth of the baby won't be affected. At least for the sake of the child in her womb.

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2014
I also lost a lot of weight in my first pregnancy. My advise, first to drink a glass of water before getting out of bed. Avoid spicy foods. Bland foods like potatoes or saltine crackers are recommended. Try to eat small meals and often. When nausea comes around, try getting some ginger ale and pouring it in a glass, add salt while it first fizzes and drink fast fast...it stops the nausea fast. Chewing gum helps as well.

Finally, vitamin b12 & b6 is the recommended supplement for severe morning sickness, a good and well-informed MD/OB-GYN knows this information. I mean this guy should've tested your wife for leukocytes and key-tones for dehydration, which is what this sounds like. She needs to be hydrated immediately. Even if she wasn't pregnant, this is not a healthy thing for any person. I am not a doctor, but my own experience shows I was hospitalised for 3 days with IV to get me hydrated from these exact symptoms!!!! Even Duchess Kate was hospitalised for extreme morning sickness, a common ailness in pregnancy!! I'd advise you find another doctor, because this is common knowledge, God forbid more severe complications arise and he gives you a cock and bull story about how there's nothing he can do...mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by 1960chic(f): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2014
At this stage, she should be getting over d morning sickness but sometimes, it depends on what she ate the night before. Pls let her avoid heavy foods that won't digest completely by morning, during my time, I preferred eko or agidi(whatever it is called) at night so by morning, I feel so hungry meaning there is nothing to vomit.

Another thing is how frequent she goes to toilet because what cannot come out from your anus comes out from your mouth and it is a known fact that pregnancy tends to block the anus therefore even when d urge comes, little or less comes out. It can be very uncomfortable thereby nauseous feelings. [b][/b]Solution: have her eat pineapple to her fill last thing before going to bed at night and trust me by morning, she'll be running to the toilet. And will feel better afterwards.

I believe it'll work. Cheers
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by meine: 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
these are insightful contributions. .
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Meddler(f): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
OMG!! I going thru the same problem. I'm 13 weeks but just started feeling stronger and regaining my appetite. My mom was my saviour, I don't know what I would have done without her. There were days I'll just eat once a day and stay in bed all day. My parents and even coworkers were lamenting on how skinny I've gotten. Please tell her to eat whatever she can. If her mom lives close by ask her to cook for her or you could cook for her. I literally had to force food down my throat and this coming from someone who eats anything and everything. If she can only eat one particular food let her keep eating it. Even if she pukes it out she should try eating again. There are times I eat breakfast, lunch or dinner twice because I end up vomiting everything.
I hope her blood count isn't low too because that could also be a serious problem
For now I can tolerate bread and tea and if I'm feeling adventurous rice with stew but small portions. Wish her a safe and healthy pregnancy
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
filiks: Sorry man, Just keep trying different kinds of food, you'll definitely find the one her system will accept totally.

When my wife was pregnant for our first, fruits saved the situation! She went on fruits mostly. I only had the task of making it interesting for her by constantly searching for variety of fruits without changing the ones that she loved the first day.

Goodluck bro!
a lot of men can learn from you

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by filiks(m): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mondisweets: a lot of men can learn from you

I am humbled. You are far too kind! Thanks ma!

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by filiks(m): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mondisweets: a lot of men can learn from you

Thank you! I am humbled. Thanks again!

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Besea(f): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
fear not, I suffered d same. I was hospitalized three times between my 10th and 12th weeks. Dia was a time my throat couldn't take d stress of vomiting more than four times a day and we started seeing traces of blood in my vomit, hubby was so scared. I took cold drinks especially sprite and water, ginger, salty potato chips, bananas and boring white rice wit veggie sauce( no pepper, I couldn't stand it). I'm now 16 weeks and my tinnie is a super diver, I now eat food on sight (I guess I'm tryna catch up wit d 6 wks plus wen I couldn't eat). Jez reeeeeelax, it will pass ( lol I'm actually saying dis to someone). Before I forget spray ur perfume wen u r outside d door.
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Tvegas(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks everyone, I feel so blessed to get good insights from wonderful people here.

I have taken to some advise here and improvements are coming. Till she enters 2nd trimester I have told her to avoid the kitchen, we have someone who can help with cooking.

She threw up again yesterday night but I sat with her to make sure she refilled before sleeping. Like @markone suggested I spoonfed her little chunks of pineapple and I was able to get this peppery suya pizza from domino and she took one slice with little seven up like @flakkykul suggested. I have declared war against morning sickness, she must gain those weight and we will tackle it one step at a time. Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
^^^^^^ You are such a lovely and caring husband. I bet you, your wife will never forget how you cared for her during this time. Women never forget.

May God bless you and your family. Your wife will be fine in no time. When holds her baby in her hands, it will be all worth it. kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by flakkykul(f): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
Tvegas: Thanks everyone, I feel so blessed to get good insights from wonderful people here.

I have taken to some advise here and improvements are coming. Till she enters 2nd trimester I have told her to avoid the kitchen, we have someone who can help with cooking.

She threw up again yesterday night but I sat with her to make sure she refilled before sleeping. Like @markone suggested I spoonfed her little chunks of pineapple and I was able to get this peppery suya pizza from domino and she took one slice with little seven up like @flakkykul suggested. I have declared war against morning sickness, she must gain those weight and we will tackle it one step at a time. Thanks once again
Thank God,she wld give birth safely ijn and she wld continue to b source of joy to u in d name of jesus (amen)
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
Op, how is she getting on. Let her try and take something, vomit, eat, vomit , eat . It's gonna pass .
When she gets back her appitite , let her eat good diet and eat normal. Make she no use vex finish three people food. cheesy at most it'd an extra banana .

Eats lost of fruit . If possible she should blend ot and drink.
All the be best
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by simpleseyi: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
My brother, first pregnancy is most times like that oo, I almost ran away from home when my wifey was carrying our first kid. I had to beg an older and experienced female family member to live with us until my wife delivered. I think you can try same thing, a family member from your wife's side will be better, ladies are more comfortable with their family members than with their husband's.
Re: Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. by Gigihealth: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Morning sickness symptoms are often characterized by nausea, which sometimes comes with or without vomiting. Morning sickness is another name for nausea that occurs during pregnancy. Click on the link below to know how long morning sickness lasts.
http://www.gigihealth.com/morning-sickness-symptoms-how-long-does-morning-sickness-last/

(1) (Reply)

Cute Kids And Statues / Describe Your Mom In Three Words / Reasons Behind why Married Women Are More Attractive {don't Miss}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.