Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. (1416 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Am really dismay that no one is calling for Mikel to be drop,if you have been watching the Eagles last three games,you will know Mikel is the Weak link in the team.(that is, if you are not deluded or biased fan).

He's Slow,he is not helping the Defence(unlike the way he tackles in chelsea).
He's not creative,he has not succesfully completed any through ball,when we are counter -attacking,he slows the ball down,and will be parabolating(like a kid looking for his stick sweet) until they snatch the ball from him.(someone once said Mikel shines in the nation cup,because Mba was doing the "Hard work" for him.

The question now is...

Is Keshi bold enough to drop him?.most great coaches are not scared to drop their "Popular" player when they ain't playing well. E.g

(1)The Special one-Casillas(see how he was disgrace in the world cup)
(2)Fergie-Rooney

I think Keshi should drop Mikel for the next match,that is if he is bold enough.
GO EAGLES!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
It's simple, there is no alternative on the bench

If Fegor Ogude, Igiebor and Mba are on the bench yes Mikel would have been benched.

But Azeez is a baby and just not ready

Rueben is not better than Mikel at this moment as he is simply not on a competitive level. He has not played 10 competitive matches in the last 2 years.

This is why some of us called Keshi's final 23 man list reckless

That said I believe Mikel will play better against France. The presence of Omeruo and Oboabona at the back will help us keep the ball better and Mikel will then shine!

But our boys must attack France and not just defend.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by abatically(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
Unfortunately there's no alternative, I don't see any player in that team that can replace him. Mikel has really gotten worse since after the nations cup, I can't believe some folks even wanted him to be the African footballer of the year. I mean if he had been named the African footballer of the year then it would have been a BIG SHAME to Africa. Meanwhile

What is a Mikel?

1. A magician: he's right in front of u for 90 minutes, but u only get to see him him for 30 seconds picking up a yellow card.

2. A mikel is a Nigerian Ferrari with the engine of Kia picanto

3. A mikel is anything that has weight, occupies space, breathes but remains stationary.

4. A mikel is a confused strolling object that has no focus.

5. It is an SI unit for measuring deceleration, e.g the car decelerated by 2 mikel/sec.

6. The botanical name of a snail, Mikelis Obilis.

7. Anybody who can pass the ball but can't shoot, cross, head, or be creative e.g my grandma is a mikel.

8. A mikel is that footballer who is allergic to goals.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nigeria fans must also wake up to the reality that Okocha is a once in a generation player!

France does not have a Zidane-like player in this World Cup. Brazil does not have a Ronaldinho. But they have all moved on.

People must stop expecting Mikel to be who he is not. Keshi must play Mikel to his strength which is as a deep lying playmaker with licence to go forward.

Asking Mikel to play behind the striker is recipe for disaster!
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by abatically(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
mikeansy: Nigeria fans must also wake up to the reality that Okocha is a once in a generation player!

France does not have a Zidane-like player in this World Cup. Brazil does not have a Ronaldinho. But they have all moved on.

People must stop expecting Mikel to be who he is not. Keshi must play Mikel to his strength which is as a deep lying playmaker with licence to go forward.

Asking Mikel to play behind the striker is recipe for disaster!

Mikel has never played behind the striker in all our 3 matches. Against Iran it was Azeez, against Bosnia and Argentina it was Babatunde. Mikel has played as a deep lying midfielder in all our 3 games, so what are u talking about here?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
mikeansy: It's simple, there is no alternative on the bench

If Fegor Ogude, Igiebor and Mba are on the bench yes Mikel would have been benched.

But Azeez is a baby and just not ready

Rueben is not better than Mikel at this moment as he is simply not on a competitive level. He has not played 10 competitive matches in the last 2 years.

This is why some of us called Keshi's final 23 man list reckless

That said I believe Mikel will play better against France. The presence of Omeruo and Oboabona at the back will help us keep the ball better and Mikel will then shine!

But our boys must attack France and not just defend.

i dont know why keshi did not invite them,and even Uche and Chinedu Obasi

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
abatically:

Mikel has never played behind the striker in all our 3 matches. Against Iran it was Azeez, against Bosnia and Argentina it was Babatunde. Mikel has played as a deep lying midfielder in all our 3 games, so what are u talking about here?
yes u are right.
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
abatically: Unfortunately there's no alternative, I don't see any player in that team that can replace him. Mikel has really gotten worse since after the nations cup, I can't believe some folks even wanted him to be the African footballer of the year. I mean if he had been named the African footballer of the year then it would have been a BIG SHAME to Africa. Meanwhile

What is a Mikel?

1. A magician: he's right in front of u for 90 minutes, but u only get to see him him for 30 seconds picking up a yellow card.

2. A mikel is a Nigerian Ferrari with the engine of Kia picanto

3. A mikel is anything that has weight, occupies space, breathes but remains stationary.

4. A mikel is a confused strolling object that has no focus.

5. It is an SI unit for measuring deceleration, e.g the car decelerated by 2 mikel/sec.

6. The botanical name of a snail, Mikelis Obilis.

7. Anybody who can pass the ball but can't shoot, cross, head, or be creative e.g my grandma is a mikel.

8. A mikel is that footballer who is allergic to goals.

hahaha
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by haizeek(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
I think that guy tha the substitute for babatunde,that tall guy like kanu should be tested,or osaze
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by abatically(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
haizeek: I think that guy tha the substitute for babatunde,that tall guy like kanu should be tested,or osaze

Ha ha, u seriously don't want to play uchebo in central midfield, u are looking for trouble. That guy no save pass, mikel might be slow but he's a better passer than uchebo and Osaze.
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by JEITO: 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
Drop Mikel? This guy it is like you want FG to set-up a panel of enquiry ba? Remember David Mark is heading the Nigeria's delegation to Brasil.
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mikel will silence his critics as usual tomorrow
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 12:42am On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=mikeansy]Mikel will silence his critics as usual tomorrow[/quote

we hope so
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:51am On Jun 30, 2014
abatically:

Most of them talk out of hate than Logic.
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
I said it,mikel is the weak link in the midfield,it became more visible when Onazi was injured.
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
Lol,everyone is now blaming Mikel on every football post,when he has done the damage already.
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Tah.. dat guy aint good enough, he must be benced and dis is d need for MBA Buh keshi drop him...mtcheew
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by haizeek(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Mikel sucks mehn
Re: Why Is No One Calling For Mikel To Be Benched?,too Slow,not Creative. by Richhard(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
[quote author=haizeek post=24393602]Mikel sucks mehn

Naso

(1) (Reply)

Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar / England - Premier League (EPL) 2014/15 WEEK 1 FIXTURE / Cartoon - Serena Williams Paint Down Under RED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.