Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement (13326 Views)

Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum / FG Appoints Prof. Iwu, Others As Members Of FG Research Committee On Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by born2lead01: 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Court stops implementation of FG/JOHESU agreement

The crisis between the Federal Government and health workers in Nigeria took another dimension on Friday with the National Industrial Court stopping the Federal Government from implementing the agreement it had earlier reached with the Joint Health Sector Union.

Justice M.N. Esowe in his judgment obtained by journalists on Sunday in Abuja ordered all parties in the case to “maintain the status quo in order to preserve the RES of the matter.”

The workers have scheduled a nationwide strike to begin on Tuesday over non-implementation of its agreement with government on June 5 2014.

Justice Esowe said, “This means that no parties shall proceed to do any act in furtherance of any agreement reached by the parties, which arguments from the kernel or subject matter of this motion before the Court.

“Nobody or party in this case shall embark on any strike action until the Motion on Notice which is already filed in this Court is heard and determined. This matter is now adjourned till July 10 2014 for the hearing and determination of the Motion of Notice.”

The Incorporated Trustees of Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria had in the suit number NICN/ABJ/177/2014, asked the NIC to restrain the Federal Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour and Productivity and Attorney-a General of the Federation from implementing, executing, carrying out or giving effect to the decisions, resolutions and agreements that were reached at a meeting that was held in Abuja between JOHESU and governmenton June 5 2014.

The President of MDCAN, Dr. Steven Oluwole, had deposed to an affidavit challenging the agreements reached between the Federal Government and JOHESU.

The MDCAN went to court to challenge the implementation of a circular recently released by government following the agitation of JOHESU, which among others provides for the approval of Consultancy positions for support staff; abolition of Deputy Chairman Medical Advisory Committee position and appointment of support staff as Directors.

Other aspects of the agreement include referral of the following to the Yayale Ahmed Committee: elimination of medical teachers from eligibility for headship of Teaching Hospitals; and re-interpretation of “medically qualified,” which is a key phrase in the University Teaching Hospital Act.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/court-stops-implementation-fgjohesu-agreement/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by deols(f): 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
The government will only create chaos if that silly agreement is signed

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
I'm very optimistic that the agreements will be implemented, No group of people will stop Nigerians from having their own Consultant Physiotherapists, Consultant pharmacists, Consultant Scientists and other important fields of health care. We will fight for what is obtainable in advanced climes and implement them here.

Nobody has a monopoly of strike actions any longer. JOHESU is YOUNG and is waxing strong by the day. The only way to break JOHESU is to give all health professionals what is due to to them.

17 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by captcochrane(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
YourHealthlabs: I'm very optimistic that the agreements will be implemented, No group of people will stop Nigerians from having their own Consultant Physiotherapists, Consultant pharmacists, Consultant Scientists and other important fields of health care. We will fight for what is obtainable in advanced climes and implement them here.

Nobody has a monopoly of strike actions any longer. JOHESU is YOUNG and is waxing strong by the day. The only way to break JOHESU is to give all health professionals what is due to to them.

mtcheeeeeeeew

13 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Stoical: 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
I pity patients and all who sits and expects their health needs to be catered for in Govt hospitals. I also see more private center springing forth as these incessant strikes is also a way of enriching themselves privately. These unfolding events are the reasons why, we have patients die of cases they shouldn't die in normal circumstances or if proper care was given them. Politics is now the real issue. Well, I am crossing my legs and waiting for when I would hear that all health personnels are joining hands amicably for the patient's sake, rather than, their percuniary purposes' sake.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by NWANICHODE: 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Doctors have to wake up before these drop outs from medical school hijack the health sector.

6 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:14am On Jun 30, 2014
NWANICHODE: Doctors have to wake up before these drop outs from medical school hijack the health sector.
Mueh eh...dont worry my guy! The doctors are well able.

Indeed, the current president of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria Olumide Akintayo, was denied admission to study Medicine at Ife many years ago.

12 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:17am On Jun 30, 2014
Stoical: I pity patients and all who sits and expects their health needs to be catered for in Govt hospitals. I also see more private center springing forth as these incessant strikes is also a way of enriching themselves privately. These unfolding events are the reasons why, we have patients die of cases they shouldn't die in normal circumstances or if proper care was given them. Politics is now the real issue. Well, I am crossing my legs and waiting for when I would hear that all health personnels are joining hands amicably for the patient's sake, rather than, their percuniary purposes' sake.

Yes...we got to go the Indian way of having Private hospitals having pre-eminence in the sectors. There, everybody know their place in the scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:25am On Jun 30, 2014
YourHealthlabs: I'm very optimistic that the agreements will be implemented, No group of people will stop Nigerians from having their own Consultant Physiotherapists, Consultant pharmacists, Consultant Scientists and other important fields of health care. We will fight for what is obtainable in advanced climes and implement them here.

Guy! stop exhibiting ignorance.
A consultant Surgeon has proficiency in a vast array of life-saving & life-improving operations. What will be the value of a consultant nurse, physiotherapist or lab technician ( yes, not scientist) in a hospital setting...

Your agitations are nothing more than a selfish scheme to earn salaries similar to doctors' despite not having the same academic pedigree or value to the society.

14 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by deols(f): 5:20am On Jun 30, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Indeed, the current president of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria Olumide Akintayo, was denied admission to study Medicine at Ife many years ago.

So he wants to be a Dr by all means and being a consultant is one way out. Mtcheww.

Nigerians and the clamour for titles. Consultant ambulance drivers coming soon.

11 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by snowland(m): 5:48am On Jun 30, 2014
I dey come...
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by 3Dimension: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2014
I lost my arguement to the Nairaland earthquake.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by BrAkingNews: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2014
Oga oo
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by justi4jesu(f): 5:50am On Jun 30, 2014
Doctors be careful...anything can happen these dayz
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Big4wig(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2014
undecided
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Big4wig(m): 6:05am On Jun 30, 2014
Male cadavers are incapable of rendering any testimony.

Government should not play with our health sector oo
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Sijo01(f): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2014
Save lives first dockitors.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by kachy: 6:06am On Jun 30, 2014
Please, isn't it obvious that the sole aim of this JOHESU is to fight doctors? If not, how come doctors are not part of JOHESU, or are doctors not health workers? I really pity our country where we tend to always copy what others do without the proper facilities, attitude and orientation. Someone wants to be called a consultant, but has nothing special to offer to justify the title. Degrees over-stretched, simply to add the acronym DR to your name. If that's the case, let all the courses be stretched to 6yrs, so we can also have D.acc, D.marketing, D.maths. etc. SMH

18 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Davo93(m): 6:10am On Jun 30, 2014
SMH for Nigeria. So someone who spent 3 years in College of Health Tech., Akure want to be on thesame salary scale with someone who spent 6 years or more in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife? The gods must be crazy!!

18 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by heykims(m): 6:16am On Jun 30, 2014
Coming together of other health workers excluding d medical doctors wt d sole aiming of fighting d doctors will still fail, doctors re superior to others is d fact wch they all know but dont just want to accept.
They all know dt their individual associations wont be any force to reckon wt. Just imagine d nurses going on strike alone, nobody will feel their absence, lab workers go on strike alone, many private labs our there wt even better services, pharmacists go on strike, wallahi na blessing in disguise coz i dont really know anything of worth they contribute to d hospital, drugs re even cheaper nd more readily available in private pharmacies wc re always near to hospitals.
So all they can do is to all gang up incorporating orderlies, record workers, etc nd fight doctors. Imagine they even said anyone who works in d hospital sud be able to become d CMD, even an orderly.
Chai, the re frustrated wt inferiority complex...

14 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Ayo315: 6:33am On Jun 30, 2014
FG need to signe the agreement for the sake of unity.As a professionals we all know what we are talking about.that agreement must be signed.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by heykims(m): 6:40am On Jun 30, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

omo see fipa...

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Stoical: 6:46am On Jun 30, 2014
It amuses me when I read comments on any nairaland topic. @schooldropouts, @spendingsixyearsormoreinschool... It all goes to explain, why we can never progress. Really, Dir. of Admin in the hospital spent 6 yrs in school, or maybe, a Consultant in Architectural Designs is just a title. Who knows, maybe we will keep telling ourselves lies and play with human lives because of paying so much attention to pecuniary things... What do we all swear to do, when we leave school SMHseriously and yet I smile at some people's myopic view of life.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2014
Ayo315: FG need to signe the agreement for the sake of unity.As a professionals we all know what we are talking about.that agreement must be signed.
from real sense, what are we talking about? If I may ask. U̶̲̥̅̊ talking about equating a surgeon to a lab scientist? U̅ r a joker. Damm unity

5 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Gentlemimi2: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2014
heykims: Coming together of other health workers excluding d medical doctors wt d sole aiming of fighting d doctors will still fail, doctors re superior to others is d fact wch they all know but dont just want to accept.
They all know dt their individual associations wont be any force to reckon wt. Just imagine d nurses going on strike alone, nobody will feel their absence, lab workers go on strike alone, many private labs our there wt even better services, pharmacists go on strike, wallahi na blessing in disguise coz i dont really know anything of worth they contribute to d hospital, drugs re even cheaper nd more readily available in private pharmacies wc re always near to hospitals.
So all they can do is to all gang up incorporating orderlies, record workers, etc nd fight doctors. Imagine they even said anyone who works in d hospital sud be able to become d CMD, even an orderly.
Chai, the re frustrated wt inferiority complex...
Meehhhhnnn! Your ignorance is first class! And you displayed it so galantly on a social media. Yeeepa!
You think pharmacists are worthless? Have you been in the setting of a federal or even state hospital? No procedure/operation can take place without certain medical and pharmaceutical items. How many private pharmacists are capable of getting them? It goes beyond dispensation of drugs.
As for laboratory,how many pvt labs conduct CD4 count/viral load,DNA testing,histopathological/cytological analysis,CA/CEA cancer testing?......the list is endless. All at subsidized prices too?
As for nurses,you think they dn't have any weight to pull around? Many times they've saved medical officers from serious fuckups. You think doctors alone can handle patient care,medical procedures and patient management all on his own?
Doctors cannot cope alone. Even the dietician ,physiotherapists and co play vital roles in the health sector.
Nigeria is a damn country mehn! Foreign countries exhibit a high class of professional courtsey. Even an average Nigerian thinks other health workers are worthless.
The few days NUPTAM went on strike at OAUTH Ile Ife in 2011,the effect was enormous. All services rendered by the doctors were ''skeletal'' services. Two lives were lost during those few days.

11 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by obi4eze(m): 6:56am On Jun 30, 2014
FG needs to sign that agreement. The doctors are claiming what they are not. And for those who don't know, Lab Technologists are different from Lab Scientists. Do your research well.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Gentlemimi2: 7:06am On Jun 30, 2014
Davo93: SMH for Nigeria. So someone who spent 3 years in College of Health Tech., Akure want to be on thesame salary scale with someone who spent 6 years or more in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife? The gods must be crazy!!
Last i checked,health workers (pharmacists,med lab scientists,physiotherapists,nurses B. Sc,) spend five years in school,plus an additional one yr internship training.
People who study in school of health are the technicians(med lab tech,pharmacist tech....etc).
Pls,understand basic facts like this before displaying ignorance on this forum.

12 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2014
LOL. I wish the doctors goodluck.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Gentlemimi2: 7:15am On Jun 30, 2014
obi4eze: FG needs to sign that agreement. The doctors are claiming what they are not. And for those who don't know, Lab Technologists are different from Lab Scientists. Do your research well.
@ Topic,this is really a sad state of affairs. It has gotten down to this and it is saddening.
But why are the doctors so uneasy and agitating for a reversal? Something the fed gov has already approved? Haha!
But we'll watch and see how it all turns out. Since last yr,when their court case was lost to the MLSCN,they prolly feel they are loosing the reigns of power....lol!
Politics in the health sector....since 1900.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 30, 2014
funny, JOHESU is a clueless body.
am just watching the drama. don't be deceived, do u know that even among the nurses, there is a fight between the new generation (B.sc) and " old school "(school of nursing ) nurse on who should head their department?
they are just waking up from wrong side of bed.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by obi4eze(m): 7:20am On Jun 30, 2014
Gentlemimi2:
@ Topic,this is really a sad state of affairs. It has gotten down to this and it is saddening.
But why are the doctors so uneasy and agitating for a reversal? Something the fed gov has already approved? Haha!
But we'll watch and see how it all turns out. Since last yr,when their court case was lost to the MLSCN,they prolly feel they are loosing the reigns of power....lol!
Politics in the health sector....since 1900.
My Dear, it's really pathetic. The disparity between the salaries of doctors and other health professionals is way too much. We are not asking to be placed on the same salary scale. We want to be treated fairly.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Mackerel Fish (titus Fish) / Bill Gates Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Woman's Breast And Butt Implants Goes Horribly Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.