Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Help Please! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Please! (1077 Views)

Help Please. I Mistakenlly Deleted Someone's Wedding Video / Modem Error 633 On Win Vista And Win Xp - Need Help Please. / Help Please I Want To Convert My Mtn Number To +44 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please! by Extralarger(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
UR OPINION COUNTS PLEASE!

I bought a new hp15 d000sl laptop, early in june, it originally came with Windows8.1, I gave it to my friend who is a computer Science student, to help me partition and downgrade it to Windows7, He formatted the Hdd, but another problem came up, the System now displays "media error" message, and it can't boot. Please, honourable Gurus in the house, I am so confused, what do I do, and anybody who can fix it for me, please contact me on, joetyno@gmail.com UR OPINION COUNTS PLEASE!

I bought a new hp15 d000sl laptop, early in june, it originally came with Windows8.1, I gave it to my friend who is a computer Science student, to help me partition and downgrade it to Windows7, He formatted the Hdd, but another problem came up, the System now displays "media error" message, and it can't boot. Please, honourable Gurus in the house, I am so confused, what do I do, and anybody who can fix it for me, please contact me on, joetyno@gmail.com
UR OPINION COUNTS PLEASE!

I bought a new hp15 d000sl laptop, early in june, it originally came with Windows8.1, I gave it to my friend who is a computer Science student, to help me partition and downgrade it to Windows7, He formatted the Hdd, but another problem came up, the System now displays "media error" message, and it can't boot. Please, honourable Gurus in the house, I am so confused, what do I do, and anybody who can fix it for me, please contact me on, joetyno@gmail.com
Re: Help Please! by Extralarger(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pls dnt ignore, if U gat any idea. I just bot dis system, and it cost me like almost a year school fees, I need urgent help abeg!
Re: Help Please! by okonja(m): 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
Extralarger: UR OPINION COUNTS PLEASE!

I bought a new hp15 d000sl laptop, early in June, it originally came with Windows8.1, I gave it to my friend who is a computer Science student, to help me partition and downgrade it to Windows7, He formatted the Hdd, but another problem came up, the System now displays "media error" message, and it can't boot. Please, honourable Gurus in the house, I am so confused, what do I do, and anybody who can fix it for me, please contact me on, joetyno@gmail.com UR OPINION COUNTS PLEASE!

Eyyah, sorry..being a computer science student does not guaranty what you thought before handling him the system them grin grin

Well, to save you much time of google search,

enter the BIOS of your pc and change the boot mode from UEFI/Secure Boot TO Legacy boot mode, that's all

Insert your window 7 CD and start the installation afresh

OR

If you are installing from USB disk, follow this step; >> you have to press ESC shortly after turning it on, this brings up a menu.
Press F9 to get to a boot menu and select the USB drive.

When you reach the stage to select the partition you wish to install on, PRESS shift+F10 to bring up the command prompt,
Type "DISKPART" (without quotes) press enter, then Type "clean all" to wipe the HDD entirely when it's completed which used to take a little while, restart your pc and start the installation process again.

I hope you figure this out yourself OR you give it to that your computer science friend and show him this process to follow grin grin grin
Re: Help Please! by Extralarger(m): 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
okonja:

Eyyah, sorry..being a computer science student does not guaranty what you thought before handling him the system them grin grin

enter the BIOS of your pc and change the boot mode from UEFI/Secure Boot TO Legacy boot mode, that's all

OR

If you are installing from USB disk, follow this step; >> you have to press ESC shortly after turning it on, this brings up a menu.

When you reach the stage to select the partition you wish to install on, PRESS shift+F10 to bring up the command prompt,
Type "DISKPART" (without quotes) press enter, then Type "clean all" to wipe the HDD entirely when it's completed which used to take a little while, restart your pc and start the installation process again.

I hope you figure this out yourself OR you give it to that your computer science friend and show him this process to follow grin grin grin
Thanks alot, Am gonna do dis by nite, but, I cnt c how to change the Legacy and Uef.. Stuff.
Re: Help Please! by Extralarger(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
okonja:

OR

Please Sir, I ve tried dis, but I think I just dnt undastand U, how do I contact U pls?
Re: Help Please! by Harmilly: 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
Extralarger: Please Sir, I ve tried dis, but I think I just dnt undastand U, how do I contact U pls?
if u are ready to fix it up I can hlp u out. My office is @ 3 oshintelu str computer village and yu call or whatsapp me. 08136537584
Re: Help Please! by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2014
just do a clean install of window 7. make sure you you use your bit windows disk.
Re: Help Please! by mcdokwe(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2014
Extralarger: Please Sir, I ve tried dis, but I think I just dnt undastand U, how do I contact U pls?
to get what he said u should do, hit d esc key once system starts booting, in. d options that would come up, press f10, scroll down to boot options and select enable legacy... Ignore whatever warning and press F10 to save and exit, then press f9 for boot device option and select dvd drive (ur system can call it anything)

(1) (Reply)

Hacking / Phone Fraud At Conputer Villaage, Ikeja / Hp 635 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.