Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Help My Camry Biglight!!!!!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My Camry Biglight!!!!!!!! (985 Views)

Camry Tinylight Vs Biglight / Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Camry Biglight!!!!!!!! by billtommy(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hello nairalanders,
There's this camry biglight 00 model I got from my brother.
I observed the following

1) Gear oil leaks under the bonnet
2) The gear gives a soft jerk when selecting from first gear the the second
3) The first gear is sluggish on the road compared to other gears
4) The fuel consumption is quite high.

***the mechanic I was able to talk to said the jerk could be caused by engine seat, which I gave him some money to fix. The gear thing is actually the cause for concern, any idea on what to do?
Re: Help My Camry Biglight!!!!!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
Gear oil leak. I what colour is the oil? I'm assuming its transmission oil u mean. Problem should be a worn out seal drive to a pit go under your car and visually inspect. Oils leaks could also be coming from power steering or engine.

Gear and soft jerk. Open bonnet(Get someone to help you with the testing) with parking brakes engaged properly and you standing by the side of the car "not in front" try to move the car gently, the movement of the engine should reveal broken engine mounts you have 4 mounts. Also try scanning in case there's a transmission fault.

Sluggish first gear. I don't understand the question.

High fuel consumption: scan car if you have an amber check light on instrument cluster(dash board) high fuel consumption could be caused by so many things a scan will narrow it down.
Re: Help My Camry Biglight!!!!!!!! by billtommy(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Thanks a lot, the colour of the oil is light brown, moreover I topped the gear oil recently with ATF 220(mobil) hope dis won't have an effect on it.

I mean the lowest gear doesn't move as fast as I think it should.

If the parking brakes are engaged, I put the car in drive and I move, how do I know I have a faulty engine mount, what kind of sound sound I expect?

And yea, I have the check light on for a while now.
GAZZUZZ: Gear oil leak. I what colour is the oil? I'm assuming its transmission oil u mean. Problem should be a worn out seal drive to a pit go under your car and visually inspect. Oils leaks could also be coming from power steering or engine.
Gear and soft jerk. Open bonnet(Get someone to help you with the testing) with parking brakes engaged properly and you standing by the side of the car "not in front" try to move the car gently, the movement of the engine should reveal broken engine mounts you have 4 mounts. Also try scanning in case there's a transmission fault.
Sluggish first gear. I don't understand the question.
High fuel consumption: scan car if you have an amber check light on instrument cluster(dash board) high fuel consumption could be caused by so many things a scan will narrow it down.

Thanks a lot, the colour of the oil is light brown, moreover I topped the gear oil recently with ATF 220(mobil) hope dis won't have an effect on it.

I mean the lowest gear doesn't move as fast as I think it should.

If the parking brakes are engaged, I put the car in drive and I move, how do I know I have a faulty engine mount, what kind of sound sound I expect?

And yea, I have the check light on for a while now.
Re: Help My Camry Biglight!!!!!!!! by mayor2013: 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
How often do you top your gear oil to start with ?? The mobil oil is not the right oil

For you oil leak. Do a visual inspection so as to ascertain where the leak is coming from. You never can tell it could be your power steering

As for a jerk when shifting from first to second gear. There a whole lot That could cause that. If its a jerk though and you have the check light on then you need to run a comprehensive scan

As for the fuel consumption run a scan too so as to pinpoint the exact problem

And also check your transmission mounts too

If you are in lagos I could help come run a scan for you, call 08156087872 or 08165520837

(1) (Reply)

My Car Issues / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury, Ford Five Hundred CVT / VITAL INFORMATION : WHY CAR TYRES BURST IN NIGERIA OFTEN VEHICLE USERS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.