Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You (74291 Views)

This phone doesn't even need NEPA / Get FM Radio On Your Android Phone / My Lumia Phone Doesn't Charge Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by cabsco(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
Spirit FM is a real, tuned over-the-air FM radio app that doesn't require internet access, it's an app developed my Mike Reidand and works with many android devices. The app works both on rooted and non rooted Android phones and your device doesn't need to have pre-installed FM radio before it can work. On most devices that doesn't support or have FM radio, you can use this app to gain access and unlock FM radio on your phone. Though, on some old model of samsung, htc and motorola you'll need to have root before it can work.

Spirit FM 2 was recently released which works seamlessly with HTC One (M8), The interface is easy to understand, there are lot of tweaks this app offer, you can record while listening to a program in any format, the recordings is stored in your Memory card. It has RDS, AF (auto frequency), visualizer and a widget which you can place on your homescreen.

You can force your radio sound output to stereo which sounds good when listening through headphone, the sound quality produced is much more better than many pre-installed radio. The UI is customizable and you can choose from many themes.

You can view the developer thread to know which phones are supported: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1059296

For download link visit http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2014/04/spirit-fm-for-android-radio-that-works.html

2 Likes

Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by azunlimited(m): 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
Now u make me wish I never sold my android for bb
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by cabsco(m): 6:32am On Jun 30, 2014
az_unlimited: Now u make me wish I never sold my android for bb

You can claim it back cheesy
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by Raymondluv(m): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
cabsco:
Spirit FM is a real, tuned over-the-air FM radio app that doesn't require internet access, it's an app developed my Mike Reidand and works with many android devices. The app works both on rooted and non rooted Android phones and your device doesn't need to have pre-installed FM radio before it can work. On most devices that doesn't support or have FM radio, you can use this app to gain access and unlock FM radio on your phone. Though, on some old model of samsung, htc and motorola you'll need to have root before it can work.

Spirit FM 2 was recently released which works seamlessly with HTC One (M8), The interface is easy to understand, there are lot of tweaks this app offer, you can record while listening to a program in any format, the recordings is stored in your Memory card. It has RDS, AF (auto frequency), visualizer and a widget which you can place on your homescreen.

You can force your radio sound output to stereo which sounds good when listening through headphone, the sound quality produced is much more better than many pre-installed radio. The UI is customizable and you can choose from many themes.

You can view the developer thread to know which phones are supported: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1059296

For download link visit http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2014/04/spirit-fm-for-android-radio-that-works.html

pls is the spirit fm still working
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by Bj5all(m): 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
Raymondluv:

pls is the spirit fm still working

Working perfectly. I used it on my TECNO P3
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by Raymondluv(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bj5all:

IS IT A LOCAL STATION OR INTERNATIONAL
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 02, 2015
Bj5all:

Can't get the download link?
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by cabsco(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
helenmi:

Can't get the download link?

Direct download link is at the bottom of the post http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2014/04/spirit-fm-for-android-radio-that-works.html
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by cabsco(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
Raymondluv:

IS IT A LOCAL STATION OR INTERNATIONAL

Just a normal FM radio like the one grandpa use cheesy doesn't need internet
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by donhils: 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
cabsco:

You claimed it doesn't require rooting but I just downloaded and it's telling me that I need to root my phone in order to use.
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by ewizard1: 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
if your device does not have the FM Radio hardware built in. ...
even Ghost FM will not work.
Re: If Your Android Phone Doesn't Comes With A FM Radio, This App Is For You by cabsco(m): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
donhils:

You claimed it doesn't require rooting but I just downloaded and it's telling me that I need to root my phone in order to use.

Did i? Mayb you don't read it very well. I clearly stated that "on some old model of samsung, htc and motorola you'll need to have root before it can work"

You can check phones supported on their thread in XDA.

(1) (Reply)

Sony Ericsson P990i: How Many Of You Remember This Powerful Phone? / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean / Why Is Everybody Selling His/her Infinix Hot 2??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.