Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! (7227 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

The devil is a being that exist, you can surely describe it for me so that i can know it when i come in contact with it. . .Or are you making things up as always?. . .On the other thread one guy said god speaks to him and i asked him to describe god's voice, he like you made some silly comments and ran away. . .Why do you guys like making things up?. . .This is not some sunday school where you just make things up and tell lil kinds and expect them to just accept and believe. . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

The devil is a being that exist, you can surely describe it for me so that i can know it when i come in contact with it. . .Or are you making things up as always?. . .On the other thread one guy said god speaks to him and i asked him to describe god's voice, he like you made some silly comments and ran away. . .Why do you guys like making things up?. . .This is not some sunday school where you just make things up and tell lil kinds and expect them to just accept and believe. . .
i'v stand in front of demon, at night, I rebuke him and he walk backward as if he was entering into a tunnel until he vanish, it a long story, I save someone life that uptill today he don't even know what I did for him, but as long as God know , am happy. There is many things that are happening to me, spiritualy , if I say it here, people will mock me, GOD KNOW AM NOT LYING.

I'V SEEN JESUS TWO TIMES HE CALLED ME HIS SON, HE SAVE ME IN THE HANDS OF SOME MUSLIMS, IT WAS A DREAM, THE SECOND TIME, HE APPER TO ME AS A LAMB, HOLD ME AND TAKE ME AWAY FROM DANGER FROM SOME MUSLIM.

You are asking about the voice of God, bible say when he speak all tribe will here him.

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by submit: 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
^^^sweet delirium..awaiting your next deluded post

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:
huh? Where did you get this from?

It is a question dodger!
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
Kay 17:

It is a question dodger!

careful there... you're beginning to devolve into incoherent tantrums.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
submit: ^^^sweet delirium..awaiting your next deluded post
the good thing is that, I do not beg you to believe me.

I pray God pluck you out In jesus name.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

careful there... you're beginning to devolve into incoherent tantrums.

And what's your answer?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by submit: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
malvisguy212: the good thing is that, I do not beg you to believe me.

I pray God pluck you out In jesus name.
Swerve...next please
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Kay 17:

And what's your answer?

answer to what? Not every petulant tantrum, devoid of common sense, deserves a response.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Lool! Davidlyan will never change.

Anyway, never mind.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Weah96: 4:55am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

When you run out of rational arguments, you resort to ad hominems and complete bizarre claims. Enjoy.

As i said to someone earlier, if you dont believe in God then why waste a second of your time reading about him obsessively? I wouldnt waste my time with fairies either. You should do the same... except of course if you've got underlying issues you're unable to admit to.

Governments don't subsidize the ideology of people who believe in fairies. As long as churches continue to run their businesses without paying taxes, I will continue to ridicule the delusion. If the fairy people were to become entitled to tax free operations too, then they willl also share a piece of my mind.

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Joshthefirst(m): 5:04am On Jul 05, 2014
texanomaly: This article made some legitimate points. It could have possibly made many people seriously think. It is well written. It even seems to have sufficiently made an argument that can be taken, at face value, to make sense. The place where it loses all credibility, and frankly it is a shame, is here:

"What has the truth got to do with your feelings? If it's only about your feelings, I'm sorry, Bleep your feelings very much!"

Here the author takes a quite brilliant argument and flushes all credibility down the toilet. The entire premise becomes null and void by these two careless lines. The fair and unbiased "report-like" feel of the article takes on a combative, oppositional, illogical and childish feel. By openly attacking the audience, they immediately go on the offensive and disregard any of the logic the author may have had.

Childish indulgence often silences an otherwise intelligent voice.

Smh...what a shame.

agreed. cheesy

Hello ma'am.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:06am On Jul 05, 2014
Joshthefirst: agreed. cheesy

Hello ma'am.

Texanomaly was concern trolling in that comment wink
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Joshthefirst(m): 5:19am On Jul 05, 2014
Weah96:

Governments donize the ideology of people who believe in fairies. As long as churches continue to run their businesses without paying taxes, I will continue to ridicule the delusion. If the fairy people were to become entitled to tax free operations too, then they willl also share a piece of my mind.
ridicule? That's all you can do? That'd be childish. It'll even suggest you're threatened by the fact of God's certainty(which you are).

You are not even convinced of your own position.

Anyone who resorts to mockery and ridicule and swearing like the op is childish and worse than the person he mocks.

We should all try to educate each other and not mock. If mockery is the only thing you would do, then I'd doubt your state of mind and be disgusted.

Smh. Childish men who think mockery will help them establish their cause.

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:24am On Jul 05, 2014
Joshthefirst: ridicule? That's all you can do? That'd be childish. It'll even suggest you're threatened by the fact of God's certainty(which you are).

You are not even convinced of your own position.

Anyone who resorts to mockery and ridicule and swearing like the op is childish and worse than the person he mocks.

We should all try to educate each other and not mock. If mockery is the only thing you would do, then I'd doubt your state of mind and be disgusted.

Smh. Childish men who think mockery will help them establish their cause.

Mockery is the cornerstone of criticism and sometimes the best form of criticism. Read about monty python

There are only two sets of people that are afraid of ridicule- despots and religious people.

2 Likes

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Joshthefirst(m): 5:28am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Mockery is the cornerstone of criticism and sometimes the best form of criticism. Read about monty python

There are only two sets of people that are afraid of ridicule- despots and religious people.

there is one set of people who mock- foolish men who are not convinced of their position. If mockery is needed to pass your message across, then I have no business with you.

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:31am On Jul 05, 2014
Joshthefirst: there is one set of people who mock- foolish men who are not convinced of their position. If mockery is needed to pass your message across, then I have no business with you.

^^
#most ignorant comment of the day.

I told you to read about monty python. Dont let ignorance ruin your life. Mockery is one of the best ways to criticise. It takes a thinking mind to mock something....to make satire of something on purpose.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 05, 2014
Weah96:

Governments don't subsidize the ideology of people who believe in fairies. As long as churches continue to run their businesses without paying taxes, I will continue to ridicule the delusion. If the fairy people were to become entitled to tax free operations too, then they willl also share a piece of my mind.

thousands of businesses in nigeria do not pay tax, are you as equally bothered? It seems to me that you're grasping at straws to justify your frankly bizarre need to caterwaul about a God you claim does not exist all day.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

^^
#most ignorant comment of the day.

I told you to read about monty python. Dont let ignorance ruin your life. Mockery is one of the best ways to criticise. It takes a thinking mind to mock something....to make satire of something on purpose.

it is said that mockery is the highest form of flattery.

lol it is always hilarious reading from you guys. It takes a thinking mind to mock something? Lets get real here, a thinking mind challenges paradigms and causes others to rethink their positions... a mocker is one who basically has nothing of substance to say and thus has to resort, by default, to the lowest form of debate - mockery.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:42am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

thousands of businesses in nigeria do not pay tax, are you as equally bothered? It seems to me that you're grasping at straws to justify your frankly bizarre need to caterwaul about a God you claim does not exist all day.

1) If he wasnt talking about Nigeria, then you are pointless because in many foriegn countries, religious organisations escape taxes through a method that only them can do

2) If it is about Nigeria, businesses that do not pay tax are doing so illegally. However, I am not sure about the tax exempt status of churches in nigeria

3) two wrongs do not make a right

in summary, you made a ridiculous comment

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

i had a hard time understanding the dribble posted above. Mockery as the cornerstone of criticism? Scientific papers are some of the best examples of indepth, intellectual critique of differing scientific paradigms... i am yet to see one that employs mockery in the place of serious erudite scholarship. To say that mockery is the cornerstone of criticism is to absolutely deceive yourself.

There are more than 2 sets of people afraid of ridicule... basically everyone. Try ridiculing an atheist... its not like you enjoy being ridiculed for the fact that you basically contribute nothing to debates like this other than empty, unconvincing, fact-free mocking.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:45am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

it is said that mockery is the highest form of flattery.

lol it is always hilarious reading from you guys. It takes a thinking mind to mock something? Lets get real here, a thinking mind challenges paradigms and causes others to rethink their positions... a mocker is one who basically has nothing of substance to say and thus has to resort, by default, to the lowest form of debate - mockery.

Jon Stewart.

^^^

That name alone proves how foolish your comment is.

Jon Stewart is one of the best political commentators of our time in the USA. How does he do it? He mocks the ridiculousness of both left and right leaning media.

================================

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

1) If he wasnt talking about Nigeria, then you are pointless because in many foriegn countries, religious organisations escape taxes through a method that only them can do

2) If it is about Nigeria, businesses that do not pay tax are doing so illegally. However, I am not sure about the tax exempt status of churches in nigeria

3) two wrongs do not make a right

in summary, you made a ridiculous comment

my point was well made regardless of what continent he was talking about. If his problem is that churches who are not paying taxes need to be taken to task then bleating about it on a forum for nigerians makes zero sense at all. there is a state government or congressman he can complain to - only they have the power to change the law. Its not as if his constant mewling here makes any difference. Who is he preaching to?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Jon Stewart.

^^^

That name alone proves how foolish your comment is.

Jon Stewart is one of the best political commentators of our time in the USA. How does he do it? He mocks the ridiculousness of both left and right leaning media.

================================

I am a huge fan of john stewart and i watch his show as often as i can. Putting yourself on the same pedestal as john stewart is stretching the limits of credulity. John Stewart does not merely mock, he actually comes to the table with FACTS, objective reason and questions that stimulate serious debate... albeit couched in humor. What you do is simply spew ad hominems... with no regard for decency or credible thought.

More importantly, John Stewart is a comedian not a mocker... those are two completely different things. I'm not sure what you think passes for humor in your ad hominems. If you put your words into a TV show, you wont last beyond 2 episodes... for there is nothing tangible or cerebral in your words.

Puhlease.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:52am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

i had a hard time understanding the dribble posted above. Mockery as the cornerstone of criticism? Scientific papers are some of the best examples of indepth, intellectual critique of differing scientific paradigms... i am yet to see one that employs mockery in the place of serious erudite scholarship. To say that mockery is the cornerstone of criticism is to absolutely deceive yourself.

There are more than 2 sets of people afraid of ridicule... basically everyone. Try ridiculing an atheist... its not like you enjoy being ridiculed for the fact that you basically contribute nothing to debates like this other than empty, unconvincing, fact-free mocking.

lol...scientific papers lack one important thing that mockery has- mockery is easily understood unlike scientific papers.

Science journals are good in their own way. In fact, they are the best for an in depth critique of other scientific phenomena
Science journal can not criticise/appraise things that are beyond science.

Mockery has its uses and scientific papers have their uses

=========================================

Read about Jon Stewart and monty python

Stop being ignorant about mockery
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

lol...scientific papers lack one important thing that mockery has- mockery is easily understood unlike scientific papers.

Science journals are good in their own way. In fact, they are the best for an in depth critique of other scientific phenomena
Science journal can not criticise/appraise things that are beyond science.

Mockery has its uses and scientific papers have their uses

=========================================

Read about Jon Stewart and monty python

Stop being ignorant about mockery

scientific papers are very easy to understand, unless of course you really arent intelligent enough to understand them. Mockery has no place in a serious intellectual debate. Sorry... it seems you have a false opinion of yourself.

Again... John Stewart and you are not on the same pedestal. John Stewart is taken seriously because he provides very valuable fact checking and provides a lot of credible, thoughtful information couched in humor (its not the same as mockery).... so much so that his shows end up in serious political debates... not because of his "mockery" but because of the thought provoking issues he raises.

What issues that stimulate thought have your ad hominems (falsely called mockery) raised?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:54am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

I am a huge fan of john stewart and i watch his show as often as i can. Putting yourself on the same pedestal as john stewart is stretching the limits of credulity. John Stewart does not merely mock, he actually comes to the table with FACTS, objective reason and questions that stimulate serious debate... albeit couched in humor. What you do is simply spew ad hominems... with no regard for decency or credible thought.

More importantly, John Stewart is a comedian not a mocker... those are two completely different things. I'm not sure what you think passes for humor in your ad hominems. If you put your words into a TV show, you wont last beyond 2 episodes... for there is nothing tangible or cerebral in your words.

Puhlease.

90% of what jon stewart does is mockery. Stop shifting gears

He mocks fox news. That is where he gets his highest ratings from. (although he mocks other media too)

You are now trying to argue that there are no facts in mockery?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 5:56am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

scientific papers are very easy to understand, unless of course you really arent intelligent enough to understand them. Mockery has no place in a serious intellectual debate. Sorry... it seems you have a false opinion of yourself.

Jon Stewart isnt intellectual. undecided

Scientific papers are easy to understand? lol....lololol.

Yet, you fail to understand the basics of evolution...despite your degree in science grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

90% of what jon stewart does is mockery. Stop shifting gears

He mocks fox news. That is where he gets his highest ratings from. (although he mocks other media too)

You are now trying to argue that there are no facts in mockery?

Not true. I watch his show just as much, he is heavily cited by thinkprogress.org, mediamatters, huffingtonpost and many political punditry shows on msnbc. Infact his shows are also debated on fox news as well... (he has been a frequent guest on Bill O'Reilly) those are not organisations that traffic in empty, fact-free, thoughtless mockery. I think you should get your facts right.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

Not true. I watch his show just as much, he is heavily cited by thinkprogress.org, mediamatters, huffingtonpost and many political punditry shows on msnbc. Infact his shows are also debated on fox news as well... (he has been a frequent guest on Bill O'Reilly) those are not organisations that traffic in empty, fact-free, thoughtless mockery. I think you should get your facts right.

As usual, you have switched gears now....so all mockery is thoughtless?

Note that the argument is about mockery......this douchebag called Davidylan now switched it to "thoughtless mockery"

Jon Stewart proves you wrong...Mockery is one of the best forms of criticism
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Jon Stewart isnt intellectual. undecided

You should read before thoughtlessly hitting the submit button. I made no such claim.

The.Big.Urban:

Scientific papers are easy to understand? lol....lololol.

they are difficult mostly to the unintelligent. I have read well over 50 papers this year alone and have authored 3 in the last 6 months. Science papers are not written in alien language. They are basically an analysis of a scientific point of view... if you have a problem understanding science papers, how can you understand evolution? Afterall the theory is mostly expounded in scientific papers no? lol cognitive dissonance at work.

The.Big.Urban:

Yet, you fail to understand the basics of evolution...despite your degree in science grin grin grin grin

if i asked you to define it you would have no clue. better not to even go down that route. It is well established that outside mentioning the name, most of you here have no idea what it really is about.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 05, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

As usual, you have switched gears now....so all mockery is thoughtless?

Note that the argument is about mockery......this douchebag called Davidylan now switched it to "thoughtless mockery"

Jon Stewart proves you wrong...Mockery is one of the best forms of criticism

you repeated yourself 3 times now, sprinkled with some more ad hominems. Sounds like you lack the intellectual capacity for informed debate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? / How Do I Revive My Dieing Prayer Life / My Prayer For Your Money Flow Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.