Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677869 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hello,

I want to ask if my original international passport is required for processing of police certificate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:42am On Sep 26, 2015
winnie123:
Hello,

I want to ask if my original international passport is required for processing of police certificate.

I don't have an answer for this one. Does anyone else here know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by auschris: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2015
winnie123:
Hello,

Yes, it's required. But you will only submit a photocopy of the data page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
Good morning everyone,

Well, I'm off to the airport with the cats to catch a flight to my next assignment. Thank you for three wonderful years in Nigeria! I wish you all the best. Good luck with your visa journeys -- and remember, just tell the truth, and if you qualify for the visa, you'll get the visa.

Sincere gratitude and much love to Justwise. He does so much behind the scenes to keep you all safe from scammers and nogoodniks. You're very lucky to have him here!

Again, best wishes. Take care and be kind to each other! kiss kiss kiss

cool

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chineloSA(f): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:
Good morning everyone,

Well, I'm off to the airport with the cats to catch a flight to my next assignment. Thank you for three wonderful years in Nigeria! I wish you all the best. Good luck with your visa journeys -- and remember, just tell the truth, and if you qualify for the visa, you'll get the visa.

Sincere gratitude and much love to Justwise. He does so much behind the scenes to keep you all safe from scammers and nogoodniks. You're very lucky to have him here!

cool

All th best. kiss
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:
Good morning everyone,

cool

VO thank you so much for 3 years of an amazing service here, saying that we will miss you is an understatement.

You have made a huge difference in many people's lives here.

Safe journey to your new assignment and all the very best.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by debbyAde: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:
Good morning everyone,

cool
I wish you well ma'am go well and thank you! Much
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dear vo,

Im really grateful for the support you have rendered to me and everyone one here who is sincerely wishing to settle down with their family, May God be with you fron now till the end.

please i will like someone to please asist me. NVC requested for police report, should i send a scan copy or the original one, and please im i to do another one for the interview?

Regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by NoirBlvck(f): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
winnie123:
Dear vo,

Im really grateful for the support you have rendered to me and everyone one here who is sincerely wishing to settle down with their family, May God be with you fron now till the end.

please i will like someone to please asist me. NVC requested for police report, should i send a scan copy or the original one, and please im i to do another one for the interview?

Regards.

We sent scanned copies of ours to NVC. You'll find specific instructions for sending documents via email on their site.

You don't have to get a new police report (unless the current one expires before interview date) but you'll be required to take one with you to the interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Omenaisunday12: 11:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
We will miss u greatly, anybody have any idea question ask during interview for spouse visa like IR1 ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 12:00am On Sep 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:
Good morning everyone,

cool

Mam, you're such a wonderful person. Thanks for all you've done to everyone here on Nairaland and to Naija immigrants. God's mercy and protection will go with you.

I was so privileged to be interviewed by you and your effort till I got my visa at hand ... it's 5 months plus and I'm already at home in US. God bless you ma.

I congratulate your new country of assignment for having you.

Good bye ma.

**** I know many pple here would have wish to see your pic/face here but I guess cos of security purpose or work ethics ****

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aburoy(m): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2015
I might be sending this late but I just had to. I want to say a very big thank you. This avenue has really bridged the gap btw Nigerians and what the American immigration system/policy expect from individuals. We have learned and am sure you have also, and so has the consulate gathered new info. God bless you and I ask the personnel who gave the approval for this to start not to allow this good work go down d drain. Am sure my fellow nairalanders will agree that the consulate continues its good work and present a replacement soon. I salute you ma'am. Enjoy ur new assignment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 27, 2015
Dear VO,
Please I want to know if it is okay for a lady to have her earrings worn when taking the passport photograph for US visa application.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by riaa: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2015
Dear visa officer,
I am a Somali born to a Somali mother and a Kenyan father, I was also born in Somalia, now my dad is an american citizen and I have a Somali citizenship, he wants to file a petition for me but at first we would like to know if I will be eligible to a visa. I would like to hear your opinion as wel as advice regarding my situation.
Would be glad to get your assistance.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sisitodun: 6:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:
Good morning everyone,

cool

Thanks VO, safe journey and good luck with your new assignment! smiley kiss
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olatexas(f): 1:20am On Sep 29, 2015
May God go with you.. safe trip

cool[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamnewhere: 5:53am On Sep 29, 2015
Good Morning Visa Officer,

I am really frustrated and depressed as I haven't received any updates from NVC regarding my case status. It been more than sixty days now and despite calling them several times and even talking with the supervisors doesn't help much. As per the last call i made and talked with the supervisor he told that review was completed on 16-09-2015. And you will receive some assessment letter next week stating you will need to bring following documents to bring to your Interview

Copy of 2014 irs Tax Transcript
Copy of 2014 W2 form
I864A form
Copy of Birth and Marriage Certificate

He also said you might receive a checklist just ignore it from now on NVC doesn't require anything from you. Now I am wondering why NVC is taking so long. They havent sent me any thing not even a checklist.

Is it normal for NVC not to respond even after 60 days?
What is assessment letter?
Does it really mean we dont have to deal with NVC any more and now the case will be in Consulate?
There is no 3 N/A on CEAC website which i have been checking regularly. How long it takes for the status to be changed on website.
Is NVC waiting for the consulate to respond before they will send me anything due to extensive backlogs the consulates have?

Sorry for so many questions. NVC doesnt help much so i thought you might know the answer to if not all few of my questions
Thanks in Advance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by moste50: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
dear consular officer
I dont know my problem with USA Embassy i had apply for visa more than 5times.
and they always refused me,i have traveled to about four country .
still their refused me,i was frustrated last interview.
please kindly help me

stella
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PMBL: 12:27am On Sep 30, 2015
Hello VO
My husband was found inadmissible at his interview for misrep back in May, and was told he was eligible to file for the I-601 waiver. Our attorney filed the waiver and it was received on June 8. I then received a letter here in the United States from the US Embassy abroad around the ending of August to have my husband to turn in his passport which puzzled both of us, because we still haven't received any notice of approval for our I-601 waiver; it was just too early for a waiver decision. When he turned in his passport we waited several days and they issued my husband his visa. I looked at our case status online on USCIS website and our status remained the same with no waiver approval. My question is can a US Embassy issue a visa based on their own decision or would they need the go head from USCIS before they can print and issue a visa to someone that was found inadmissible? , and would my husband have any problem at point of entry if there is no status on a approve waiver from USCIS? p.s. just to let you know that our attorney also file a motion along with the waiver that there was no misrep invovled, maybe this could be the reason why the visa was issued, because they agreed with her reasoning, and I noticed the visa came from the waiver section, because there is a annotation that states Waiver section 212 (a). Am just so confuse to why the visa was issued without any sign from USCIS that our waiver was approve
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Blackrobin22: 8:13am On Sep 30, 2015
Hello there,
I am filling out the ds260 form, and when i checked through everything I noticed my fathers birth place on my u.s. marriage certificate says UK, whereas I now know he was actually born in Tanzania while my Grandparents were travelling.
Will this pose a problem and if it does how can I sort it?
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ogdove: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2015
My cousin just got approval in April this year for 1-130 petition for alien relation which has been pending for over 5years. However ,she applied for non-immigrant visa last year she was refused on no valid grounds. Now she wish to visit the US for her Christmas holiday to meet with the other members of our family,although she is a frequently traveler to Europe and has a current schenge visa on her passport. Can she apply for non-immigrant visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2015
@All

As you all know the VO is gone and as a result I will be locking this thread soon and when the new VO comes another thread will be started.

Sorry I know it's not good news but because of the title of this thread I don't want any other person apart from the VO to start answering questions here.

Thank you.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.