Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. (13384 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by texanomaly(f): 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Wow.....see how a guilty person talks?

Sorry not everyone is like you

Just because you can't direct people where you want them to go doesn't mean you should hate on those whose traps you fall into every time. tongue
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

Isn't that what all great speakers/debaters do? They direct the conversation.

Yes and No

Anony is a great debater. Sure, he can convince some christian sheep and win arguments against some people.

However, there is truth and there are people who inspire with facts and the truth.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

Everyone...

Some are very adept at it
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

Just because you can't direct people where you want them to go doesn't mean you should hate on those whose traps you fall into every time. tongue

This is the most foolish comment I have read this year and that is saying a lot considering the mental patients we have here on NL

I am not here to direct people. I just state the facts about religion.

I dont know what traps you are talking about......maybe you have been admiring Sarah Palin too much and her animal hunting

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

NAME NAMES!! angry angry angry

grin grin grin

grin grin You could as well name them. Afterall, like I did say, we all know who
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
rationalmind:

grin grin You could as well name them. Afterall, like I did say, we all know who

angry angry angry angry
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
DeepSight:

No. It's all the same. Someone can describe me as homo sapiens. He will be correct. He can also describe me as a person. He will still be correct. He can later comment that I am one eccentric legal adviser of X company. He will still be correct. He can also describe me as an alcoholic. He will yet still be correct.

In all of these descriptions he will be referring consistently and without change of idea, to who I am.

And so the fact that I have described God in many ways for your questions does not mean that I am telling you about a different conception of God. I have variously said that God is the ONE and INFINITE (my term oneness of infinity which seems to drive you people to delirium or mirth...forgetting that all ancient creeds assert same albeit in their own words). I have called God the sum of self existent laws. This remains true. I have called God the uncaused cause. Still true. I have called God THE transcendent mind. It is true still.

One day you will realize that all that exists is MIND.

WE are little orbs of mind. GOD is the original and master mind.

Yes. And always has been. Always will be.

I would say yes and no. Yes to the extent that all realities and planes above and beyond us are indeed abstract. No to the extent that all of these still permeate our existence in every minute detail. Every passing second and every passing thought is evidence of GOD.
@Deepsight,
Considering the bright(I assume) legal mind that you are, don't you find it yourself even a bit suspicious, I mean, is it jus a coincidence that god just happens to be anything and everything you want it to be?? Shouldn't that, even for a microsecond, tell you where god is coming from?

For example, my idea of god is a chocolate-skinned beautiful woman, we'll endowed and perfectly proportioned, ageless, with sparkling eyes, melodic voice, slightly curved legs and a heart-melting smile who anticipates and satisfies all my lustful needs and yearnings. In return, she only asks for me to believe in her and ability to satisfy my hedonistic urges.
So, what do you think of my idea of god? Would you assist me to erect a magnificent temple in honor of my god?

4 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
plaetton:
For example, my idea of god is a chocolate-skinned beautiful woman, we'll endowed and perfectly proportioned, ageless, with sparkling eyes, melodic voice, slightly curved legs and a heart-melting smile who anticipates and satisfies all my lustful needs and yearnings. In return, she only asks for me to believe in her and ability to satisfy my hedonistic urges.
So, what do you think of my idea of god? Would you assist me to erect a magnificent temple in honor of my god?

Now, this is a god I can get behind...............literally and figuratively.

6 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Martian:

Now, this is a god I can get behind...............literally and figuratively.

How erect will your temple to your God be?

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by texanomaly(f): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

This is the most foolish comment I have read this year and that is saying a lot considering the mental patients we have here on NL

I am not here to direct people. I just state the facts about religion.

I dont know what traps you are talking about......maybe you have been admiring Sarah Palin too much and her animal hunting

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
PastorAIO:

Nietzsche is class. It seems as if the guy had x-ray vision for seeing into the true motivations for what people say and do. If you read nietzsche too much you'll find yourself no longer believing anything that anyone says or any ideology whether religious or political.

A fascinating thing about him is the question, 'where did he get all these insights from'? The guy was a total recluse and he hardly interacted with people yet he knew human nature so well. He was probably the first modern psychologist.

Yes, his brand of philosophy is totally intriguing. He and Kierkegaard fascinate me with their views on existentialism.

Reading Nietzsche for me sometimes sounds like he probably second-guesses his own ideas. A healthy inquiring mind.

I find it conceivable that he may have studied himself under various circumstances and projected it to the general human experience. Thinking fluently in the third person is a talent, and Nietzsche seems to have nailed it in his day.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

I said this on my "did we come to earth to gain a body" thread:

Those who confine themselves to asking only the questions they know can be answered, learn nothing. ~Tex

"A mind that is not curious or open to any new idea is already dead... it just ain't stinkin' yet." - InesQor

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
PastorAIO:

And Those who ask the questions that cannot be answered invent myths - Pastor AIO the degenerate

Some People don't seek answers to questions. They go about seeking or creating questions for their preprepared perfect Answers. - Pastor AIO the immaculate.

Lmao! I'm here laughing like a jacka'ss!!
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
InesQor:

"A mind that is not curious or open to any new idea is already dead... it just ain't stinkin' yet." - InesQor

"Most men die at 27, we just bury them at 72."- Mark Twain.

4 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
InesQor:

lol....the irony.

This coming from the same guy who opened a thread with a false analysis of christian countries and doing good.

Almost everyone (including a christian) corrected him but he chose to refuse any correction

https://www.nairaland.com/1795528/comparing-2014-business-insider-good

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
PastorAIO:
"Most men die at 27, we just bury them at 72."- Mark Twain.

Apparently Benjamin Franklin is quoted to have said it this way, "Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."

I wonder who dubbed who grin
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by texanomaly(f): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
InesQor:

Yes, his brand of philosophy is totally intriguing. He and Kierkegaard fascinate me with their views on existentialism.

Reading Nietzsche for me sometimes sounds like he probably second-guesses his own ideas. A healthy inquiring mind.

I find it conceivable that he may have studied himself under various circumstances and projected it to the general human experience. Thinking fluently in the third person is a talent, and Nietzsche seems to have nailed it in his day.

He probably lived and traveled a lifetime in books.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

He probably lived and traveled a lifetime in books.
Hmmm makes sense...
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Kay17: 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
PastorAIO:

Nietzsche is class. It seems as if the guy had x-ray vision for seeing into the true motivations for what people say and do. If you read nietzsche too much you'll find yourself no longer believing anything that anyone says or any ideology whether religious or political.

A fascinating thing about him is the question, 'where did he get all these insights from'? The guy was a total recluse and he hardly interacted with people yet he knew human nature so well. He was probably the first modern psychologist.

"Every philosophy is a self confession."

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
PastorAIO:

The guy is just making things up as he goes along, surely that should be obvious by now. Now he wants to contend that everything is mind when he ardently argued against my saying that everything is consciousness. After he made a distinction between 'Being' as some kind of abstract something different from the brain. Please let's dismiss the guy and turn to more interesting discussions like the actual topic of this thread.

Well I already said that I am tired of your lack of insight or intelligence and thus will not waste much time on it. I only bother to respond to this because of your comment here attempting to corelate my statement on mind to your statement on consciousness. They are different statements.

You said that even stones are conscious. I do not agree with that.

When I say that everything is mind i mean that mind creates everything. As a slight example I could say that my mind has imaginations. I am conscious of those imaginations but it is a different thing to suggest that those imaginations are self conscious.

There is an ocean of thought and a world of differences in this statement above I just made, but what's the point discussing it with you. You are a person who says that we cannot know that anything outside ourselves exist. I have strong reasons to disagree with that but again why should I argue against a person who might not exist.

You simply lack the depth I previously thought you did as do those unintelligent weasels who concur with your self contradiction. I am a self admitted mad man but you are the mad man who they will wonder how they never knew was mad. Good night.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Kay17: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
The oneness of infinity is flirtatious and absolutely vague and ambiguous. We have to be pardoned for having zero ideas about it.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 12:14am On Jul 13, 2014
mazaje:

I like your mind to be candid, its intelligent and I think something odd is happening to it. It has evolved so much and its just getting kind of weird . .Anyway that's a discussion for another day. . . .

Ah thanks. But you know what? When you realise the transient nature of your life and truly get it.... things will get weirder. Weirder for materialists but more natural for spiritualists. Do you remember I once opened a thread asking you the purpose of your life? Do you have any different thoughts on it now? Have you evolved in your thinking too?

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 12:15am On Jul 13, 2014
Kay17: The oneness of infinity is flirtatious and absolutely vague and ambiguous. We have to be pardoned for having zero ideas about it.

Don't worry you will have a tomorrow. Sadly, it will be filled with things that ancient men already knew.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Kay17: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2014
. . . And all the problems materialize out of the fictional inconsistent divide between the physical and spiritual
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mazaje(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2014
DeepSight:

Ah thanks. But you know what? When you realise the transient nature of your life and truly get it.... things will get weirder. Weirder for materialists but more natural for spiritualists. Do you remember I once opened a thread asking you the purpose of your life? Do you have any different thoughts on it now? Have you evolved in your thinking too?

Materialist, spiritualist and all these labels do not really mean much to me. . .I just follow where the reasonable and objective evidence leads. . . .The purpose of my life to me is what i make of it, i do not believe my life has an external purpose from any god. . . .Am just lucky to be alive, many others were born and died out shortly afterwards, some as toddlers, others as young kids, many others as teenagers. . .What do you think is the purpose of the human life?. . .Do you believe in a personal god?. . .

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
PastorAIO:

How erect will your temple to your God be?

As erect as the......

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
InesQor:

Lmao! I'm here laughing like a jacka'ss!!

huh?? I think the joke is on you.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
mnwankwo:
The purpose for which God - the creator created and imbued us with the talents or faculties is for us to find supreme joy and radiant happiness. The ultimate goal of spiritual evolution is to transform the talents inherent in the spirit (man) into abilities. Once these abilities become alive in a man, they will naturally place him or her in sync with the power of God, the creator. A man who have established this link with GOD will sense inner happiness and supreme joy. Whether such a man is rich or poor, healthy or sick, he bears peace within himself for the power of GOD to which he is linked will show him with clinical precision the how and why of his present situation. God doesn't will suffering or evil for any of his creatures, Suffering and evil simply arose as a consequence of misapplication of the power of GOD by those creatures that are blessed with the ability of free will. Man who is spirit is one of such creatures.

The problem with many people as the look at events in their own life and the world is that they look at externals and judge with only the physical faculties. Like the quotation in the opening post, they cannot find sense in what is happening in the world and question why God allow all these evil and injustice. A subplot to this assertion is that in their view, God doesn't exist if these terrible things happen to people. The origin of what many people are experiencing does not lie in the form or physical manifestation of the experience but in spiritual acts of free will which the person is not even conscious in the earthly sense. The origin of these spiritual decisions lie in most cases in a previous earth-life or from decisions taken in a non-physical plane. As the Igbo`s say, if you ask a man who didn't witness when a corpse was buried to exhume a corpse, he will start digging from the knee (wrong position). Before we were conceived, we are already in existence and we will be in existence after the so called physical death. In reality we have been in existence for millions of years both in physical and non-physical planes and with multifarious sojourns on earth (reincarnation). These experiences in various planes is one single continuum, and these experiences which are a consequence of our free free will form the tapestry of our fate. Billions of new threads are added to this tapestry of fate every hour as we make decisions and these new threads affect the sound and color of the tapestry of fate. In a single earth-life, only some few threads have ripened for harvest, and thus only the consequences of a small section are experienced in one earth life. Now a man who judges only by the faculties of the brain do not see the entire tapestry of fate, do not even seen the few threads that has ripened for harvest, but only see the physical manifestation of these few threads. Without knowing how the come about, how they were formed, how the matured and ripened for harvest, they stand confused at the fruit since they are not aware in the earthly sense of who, where, when the seeds were sowed. If this harvest is bad, they say it is evil and if it is good, they say its providence. But the reality is that God does not send blessing or curse to anyone, rather his adamantine laws (the will of GOD) return to each individual, groups, nations, the entire humanity the fruits of the seeds that they sowed. The adamantine laws of GOD are inherently imbued with the twin attributes of love and justice. Therefor no injustice can be found in the manifestation of the divine will. Whatever happens to us is a consequence of our free will. It can be (i) the fruits of the seeds we sowed, (ii) fruits of the seeds that others sowed but we accepted prenatally to experience them for the purpose of our own development, as a mission karma or as a result of accepting to experience on earth where both good and evil dwell side by side.
this is an interesting take.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Martian:

huh?? I think the joke is on you.
Whoever the joke is directed at, it was funny. So I laughed. undecided undecided undecided
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2014
mazaje:

Materialist, spiritualist and all these labels do not really mean much to me. . .

Fair enough.

I just follow where the reasonable and objective evidence leads. . . .

Is it reasonable to say, for example, that the organs of your body:

1. Combine to form your mind and experience of life or

2. Are tools for your mind and experience of life

The purpose of my life to me is what i make of it,

Fair enough.

i do not believe my life has an external purpose from any god. . . .

Do you really pause to contemplate this carefully?

Am just lucky to be alive, many others were born and died out shortly afterwards, some as toddlers, others as young kids, many others as teenagers. . .

Fair enough. But neither here nor there. Not all must grow old.

What do you think is the purpose of the human life?. . .

The delivery of the creative spirit and governance of the mind of God to the material plane.

Do you believe in a personal god?. . .

I will have to ask you first if you believe that a mind must be personal.

And if so, if it must be encapsulated in a physical body.

Thank you. It is refreshing to read and talk to one atheist such as yourself who is not wasted in the doldrums of petty back-lashing and meaningless futility and self contradiction.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
InesQor:

Apparently Benjamin Franklin is quoted to have said it this way, "Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."

I wonder who dubbed who grin

I would imagine that Mark Twain got it from Franklin cos Franklin lived in the previous century.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
PastorAIO,

What is your belief sef?

I have been trying to find out but i cant guess from your comments

Secular christian?
Agnostic?
New age christian?
DeisT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.