Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. (13383 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

The stimulus we require to satisfy our hungers do not need to be new or different all the time. The seeking of inner peace is the same as any physical need you want to satisfy. If you believe that you have every right to consume psilocybin then why is my prayer offensive?

I've never heard your prayers, so they're not offensive, at least not to me. We're talking about religion, a set of dogmas derived from ancient know-it-all handbooks. That I have a problem with because they're based on outright lies. Those authors were not sober. You see, I am convinced that the writers of the bible were inebriated with entheogens, since that practice predates even the earliest of religions. I am merely following in their footsteps.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

I don't eat my s)hit, or regurgitated food. I eat something new.

Exactly what he is tellinng you that you keep searching for more knowledge. Accept the flaws in your ideology and stop making a porous defence.

Sh.it is a waste. He is talking about the part of your food that is beneficial to your body and you are talking about the waste part of it. That's not it pls.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

Exactly what he is tellinng you that you keep searching for more knowledge. Accept the flaws in your ideology and stop making a porous defence.

How can you search for more knowledge when you claim to have THE book of knowledge under your armpit? A book that was written by bronze age people who didn't have the knowledge of your average 7 yr old child today cannot be where one looks for knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

Yet you spend your hard earned money pursuing these illusions how are you different from the people you are denigrating?

First of all, I did not call them illusions. They are real and the benefits are clear and self-evident. I am just saying that one can still live a meaningful life, just like previous generations that did without these trappings.

In case you did not read my previous reply, god, the invisible skydaddy, lives in the imaginary plane of existence, and all the benefits of believing and associating with him also reside in the imaginary plane.

So , your analogy is a false one, and you know it.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Yes, Faith is that vacuous concept that makes men to suppress their reasoning ability and promotes illogic. It is faith that allows 'men of god' to sleep with their members and those same women shout ' touch not my anointed'!

Hmmm....faith at times is a ' beautiful' thing!!! Halleluyah!

Obviously this is the usual display of silliness and mockery over the issue concerning God which is high above your poor understanding. Surely you don't know anything about faith. You cannot even make a meaniful discussion so I won't waste my time dialooguing with you further on this issue. This only portrays atheism as total madness and stu.pidity.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mazaje(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

Obviously this is the usual display of silliness and mockery over the issue concerning God which is high above your poor understanding. Surely you don't know anything about faith. You cannot even make a meaniful discussion so I won't waste my time dialooguing with you further on this issue. This only portrays atheism as total madness and stu.pidity.

Give us one positive, workable and verifiable example of faith . . .

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

I've never heard your prayers, so they're not offensive, at least not to me. We're talking about religion, a set of dogmas derived from ancient know-it-all handbooks. That I have a problem with because they're based on outright lies. Those authors were not sober. You see, I am convinced that the writers of the bible were inebriated with entheogens, since that practice predates even the earliest of religions. I am merely following in their footsteps.

I am not interested in dogma or a dogmatic following. I know men hunger for inner peace and for me I find it in a spiritual connection (prayer) as you do in psilocybin. Is either of us crazy?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
plaetton:

First of all, I did not call them illusions. They are real and the benefits are clear and self-evident. I am just saying that one can still live a meaningful life, just like previous generations that did without these trappings.

In case you did not read my previous reply, god, the invisible skydaddy, lives in the imaginary plane of existence, and all the benefits of believing and associating with him also reside in the imaginary plane.

So , your analogy is a false one, and you know it.

You are the false one. You said previously that there is no benefit to the things you pursue and also said we are all deceived, only for you to turn around to claim something else.

This is you:

plaetton:
I actually don't need those things. Humanity has
survived for many many milenia without them.
However, we have been duped and conditioned
to think that we need those things to live a
meaningful life, in the same way that a large
number of humanity have been duped

and again

plaetton:
But even at that, I get noooooo benefits,

It's amazing how you are recanting so swiftly just because you feel you need to win an argument.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

That guy is making more sense than you people so pls keep shut and don't distract us from the points he is making.

alexleo:

Says logic boy, yet it doesn't change anything except in your brain. You people are just derailing this thread. This thread originally was heading to some interesting points but you people have come with your evil derailing spirit. Na wa for una.

Will you shut up?

Please, if you are looking for atheists that will tell you that your religious delusions are okay because it is what you want to hear, then by all means stick to amanfrommars

There are other atheists that are concerned with the facts. And the fact is that the Abrahamic God is an abomination to human empathy- He kills without pity and watches people suffer (eg chibok girls, slaves, tortured prisoners, ra.pe victims) and does nothing

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

I am not interested in dogma or a dogmatic following. I know men hunger for inner peace and for me I find it in a spiritual connection (prayer) as you do in psilocybin. Is either of us crazy?

I completely understand. I would have remained on your team, but unfortunately, I figured out that it was based on lies. The most important thing is that it makes sense to you. If it does, then simply ignore me and my ridicule. But make sure you're not pretending to yourself in order to blend into a much larger trend. Most religions don't allow certain questions to be asked without making the questioner feel guilty about betraying God or something. But if your conscience is clear that you've satisfied your requirement, then Jesus is definitely for you, or Islam is. I would say the same thing to the Muslim. As for me, the concept I have of God in my head is incompatible with the ones in religion. My God would expect me to question its existence using reason, logic, and my brain.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

At the end of the day, JESUS CAN NOT DIE. GOD CAN NOT DIE.

Jesus did not suffer betrayal. He betrayed himself. How many of us can prophecy betrayal before it happens? Jesus knew that Judas would betray him long before it happened. Jesus is no different from a suicidal maniac who feels and fears nothing from this world. A normal human being would have avoided such betrayal with prior knowledge of it.

What about God in heaven? Only a maniac that doesnt feel suffering or pain would sacrifice his son.

Again, God doesnt understand human suffering or pain. Someone that is said to have flooded and killed the whole earth (barring one family of Noah) just because they displeased him.

now, trying to convince you will be a waste of time.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ubenedictus: now, trying to convince you will be a waste of time.

grin grin grin

Convince me that whaT?

-that my statement that God/Jesus cant die is false?
-that my statement that Jesus commited suicide is false?
-that God sacrifice his son is false?

Ubenedictus, go and do penance for your dubious nonsense

-5 our fathers
-a decade of the rosary
but say the act of contrition first

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ubenedictus is a cult member, he just doesn't think it's a cult because of the membership size.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

You are the false one. You said previously that there is no benefit to the things you pursue and also said we are all deceived, only for you to turn around to claim something else.

This is you:

and again

It's amazing how you are recanting so swiftly just because you feel you need to win an argument.

Dear lord Reed ,
Are you smoking that cheap bad Weed again? grin

Please pls reread my posts again.
I think you have so much bias that you don't even take time to read a post thoroughly before you respond.

The above is correctly what I wrote.
Now, in case you need a lesson in English comprehension, saying that I don't need those things to living a meaningful life is not the same as saying that those things are not beneficial. Comprende?
Is your life meaningless without smartphones and a Mercedes Benz?

And this ?
plaetton:

Oh Lord Weed, angry it is dishonest of you to quote me without showing the full sentence. Let me repeat what I wrote.
" Even at that, I get noooooo benefits, and I can bet that nooooo one gets any benefits from the invisible skydaddy.

So, my dear Lord Reed, I am used getting robust(thought familairly illogical) arguments from you, not these cheap tricks.
Nobody wins here, we are all here to learn, so get off that Weed.
cool

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

So what's the point of all the constant evangelism?

We evangelize constantly so that more people will have personal encounter/experience with Christ. Does any company stop adverts because their product has been around for many years?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96: Ubenedictus is a cult member, he just doesn't think it's a cult because of the membership size.
all religions are cults, if the word cult is used in the right sense then all religions are cults. I don't take offense. I belong to the christian cult.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

grin grin grin

Convince me that whaT?

-that my statement that God/Jesus cant die is false?
-that my statement that Jesus commited suicide is false?
-that God sacrifice his son is false?

Ubenedictus, go and do penance for your dubious nonsense

-5 our fathers
-a decade of the rosary
but say the act of contrition first
Jesus did die.
He didn't kill him self.

I think you should say ur own penance.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ubenedictus: all religions are cults, if the word cult is used in the right sense then all religions are cults. I don't take offense. I belong to the christian cult.

Thank you for your sincerity. Now if I can only get you to admit that Ratzinger protected p)edophiles from prosecution, we could meet up and sing kum ba ya.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
plaetton:

Dear lord Reed ,
Are you smoking that cheap bad Weed again? grin

Please pls reread my posts again.
I think you have so much bias that you don't even take time to read a post thoroughly before you respond.

The above is correctly what I wrote.
Now, in case you need a lesson in English comprehension, saying that I don't need those things to living a meaningful life is not the same as saying that those things are not beneficial. Comprende?
Is your life meaningless without smartphones and a Mercedes Benz?

And this ?
plaetton:

Oh Lord Weed, angry it is dishonest of you to quote me without showing the full sentence. Let me repeat what I wrote.
" Even at that, I get noooooo benefits, and I can bet that nooooo one gets any benefits from the invisible skydaddy.

So, my dear Lord Reed, I am used getting robust(thought familairly illogical) arguments from you, not these cheap tricks.
Nobody wins here, we are all here to learn, so get off that Weed.
cool

And as usual you want to enter rofo rofo to confuse issues.

It was not to God you were referring to when you said I get noooo benefits so who is the cheap trickster here?

Besides before the point is lost in all these shenanigans, satisfying your appetites be they physical or internal renders no one crazy except you would apply the label to all and sundry.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Kay17: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
An unjust world ought to be prima facie evidence that there is no God.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Kay17: 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

We evangelize constantly so that more people will have personal encounter/experience with Christ. Does any company stop adverts because their product has been around for many years?

Yet the world ought to speak for itself. If we lived in a fair, prejudice free world, probably God would be rationally deducible.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by qstar(m): 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ubenedictus: Jesus did die.
He didn't kill him self.

John 10:17-18 NIV

"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again.

No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

How can you search for more knowledge when you claim to have THE book of knowledge under your armpit? A book that was written by bronze age people who didn't have the knowledge of your average 7 yr old child today cannot be where one looks for knowledge.

You think you are wiser than those men in the bible? Keep deceiving yourself. You cant separate us from God and his word. Its working for me, working for my parents, working for my family members, working for billions of christians around the world from generation to genaration. It worked for my grand parents. No amount of noise from you people can have negative influence on me/us towards the scriptures.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

And as usual you want to enter rofo rofo to confuse issues.

It was not to God you were referring to when you said I get noooo benefits so who is the cheap trickster here?

Besides before the point is lost in all these shenanigans, satisfying your appetites be they physical or internal renders no one crazy except you would apply the label to all and sundry.

Are you now the one to tell me whom I was refering to?

Shananigans? shocked

I have been very clear about the the points and the statements that I made. You are the one whose bias is trying to twist even my own statements, and I really wonder what your motive is.

Here is the full post below. I urge you to read it,.... then correct yourself.

I take exceptions to being portrayed as a liar.
plaetton:

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that people who use these modern trappings are leading a more happy and meaningful life than previous generations who did not use them.
In fact, we can make the case that these trappings take the humanity out of us. Most people , myself included, now spend more time on smartphones than on interacting with friends and relatives the original human way. These trappings also narrow our experiences by allowing us to customize our own little universes that includes only us and our preferences.

But even at that, I get noooooo benefits, and I can bet that noooooo one gets any direct benefits from the invisible skymonster/daddy.
With god , all things are imaginary.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by texanomaly(f): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
InesQor:

Yes I believe this essence is present in all creation in various trace quantities. I also believe while the rest of us can grow in God, Jesus had it 100%. The Bible says in Col 2:9 that in him dwells the FULLNESS of the Godhead bodily

Again...closer to my belief than anyone else I've seen on NL. Thanks smiley
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

You think you are wiser than those men in the bible? Keep deceiving yourself. You cant separate us from God and his word. Its working for me, working for my parents, working for my family members, working for billions of christians around the world from generation to genaration. It worked for my grand parents. No amount of noise from you people can have negative influence on me/us towards the scriptures.

It's working well in Naija, I can clearly see the evidence of that. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
texanomaly:

Again...closer to my belief than anyone else I've seen on NL. Thanks smiley
You're welcome, Tex! Are you mostly Theist or Agnostic?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Will you shut up?

o boy see vex o grin grin grin

The.Big.Urban:

Will you shut up?

Please, if you are looking for atheists that will tell you that your religious delusions are okay because it is what you want to hear, then by all means stick to amanfrommars

The simple truth is that amanfrommars gives a balanced view on issues while you people give one sided view that appears so idiotic. I really like his style. I cant remember taking time to read any post from him before now so i dont understand what you mean by I like his style because he supports christians. This is the first time I'm taking note of his post and even though i may not agree with some of his points, i was captivated by the way he balances his opinion. He is not a tout atheist like you people.

The.Big.Urban:

There are other atheists that are concerned with the facts. And the fact is that the Abrahamic God is an abomination to human empathy- He kills without pity and watches people suffer (eg chibok girls, slaves, tortured prisoners, ra.pe victims) and does nothing

What do you mean by facts? Your one sided fact is useless, baseless and worthless. Facts should be balanced. Thats the difference between you people and amanfrommmars.

God is a God of love and God of judgment. Its clearly stated in scriptures but you people keep crying that since he is all loving he shouldnt even punish. Did he say so? From the garden of eden God never hid the both sides of his nature(love and judgment). Giving somebody a pre-information about a dangerous path that he shouldnt thread in his dealings with you is also a display of love. No?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
plaetton:

Are you now the one to tell me whom I was refering to?

Shananigans? shocked

I have been very clear about the the points and the statements that I made. You are the one whose bias is trying to twist even my own statements, and I really wonder what your motive is.

Here is the full post below. I urge you to read it,.... then correct yourself.

I take exceptions to being portrayed as a liar.

It is you whose bias is hindering you. I already made the point that we all in the same boat but you come up and call me false meanwhile you are one twisting your words this way and that. First there is no benefit to going for the bigger then because you think you'll loose the argument you come back and say there are clear benefits. Your statements are there for all to see so I don't need to portray you as anything.

Let me be clear to you I am not interested in winning an argument. What I want is we be able to understand our opposing view points so all that saying I am smoking weed shows that the bias is not on my part.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by texanomaly(f): 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
InesQor:
You're welcome, Tex! Are you mostly Theist or Agnostic?

Until I came to NL, I considered myself a Christian. Now I have leanings elsewhere, but do not deny Christ. I guess I am still a Christian, because I try to live a Christ-like life. Most times I fail miserably, but I try.

My way of thinking about where we are going, why we are here and creation do not coincide with mainstream Christianity or even the Christian faith I grew up in. To be honest I'm not sure I have a category. Some may call that confusion. Sometimes even I do, but I know what I believe and I know where I stand. For now...I'm good with that.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
texanomaly:

Until I came to NL, I considered myself a Christian. Now I have leanings elsewhere, but do not deny Christ. I guess I am still a Christian, because I try to live a Christ-like life. Most times I fail miserably, but I try.

My way of thinking about where we are going, why we are here and creation do not coincide with mainstream Christianity or even the Christian faith I grew up in. To be honest I'm not shire I have a category. Some may call that confusion. Sometimes even I do, but I know what I believe and I know where I stand. For now...I'm good with that.

The seeking of labels is were many people make a mistake. Forget seeking to define with a label your desire to have a spiritual connection it is not necessary and will make you feel obligated to adhere to dogmas that have no benefit. I am glad you are getting comfortable with not having one though.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

o boy see vex o grin grin grin

The simple truth is that amanfrommars gives a balance view on issues while you people give one sided view that appears so idiotic. I really like his style. I cant remember taking time to read any post from him before now so i dont understand what you mean by I'm like his style because he supports christians. This is the first time I'm taking note of his post and even though i may not agree with some of his points, i was captivated by the way he balances his opinion. He is not a tout atheist like you people.

What do you mean by facts? Your one sided fact is useless, baseless and worthless. Facts should be balanced. Thats the difference between you people and amanfrommmars. God is a God of love and God of judgment. Its clearly stated in scriptures but you people keep crying that since he is all loving he shouldnt even punish. Did he say so? From the garden of eden God never hid the both sides of his nature(love and judgment). Giving somebody a pre-information about a dangerous path that he shouldnt thread in his dealings with you is also a display of love. No?

Amanfrommars just deactivated. grin grin grin grin Goodbye backstabbing Judas!!!!

When conservative christians start praising an atheist, just know that atheist is full of sheit.

=========================================

It is a fact that your God sacrificed his son in the bible
It is a fact that your God flooded the whole earth in the bible (which killed thousands, by the way)
It is a fact that God killed Job's family just to win a bet with Satan
It is a fact that God killed David's son to punish David (why didnt he punish David directly?) in the bible

Your bible describes a heartless monster and not a forgiving God

WHY DID GOD KILL DAVID'S SON FOR DAVID'S SINS?
WHY DID GOD TORTURE THE POOR BOY FOR DAYS?
WHY DIDNT GOD LISTEN TO DAVID WHO WAS PLEADING FOR HIS SON IN SORROW?
DAVID CRIED AND BEGGED FOR HIS SON
BUT GOD KILLED THE SON AFTER 7 DAYS OF TORMENT

13 Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”

Nathan answered, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You will not die. 14 But what you did caused the Lord’s enemies to lose all respect for him. For this reason the son who was born to you will die.”[/b]

15 Then Nathan went home. And the Lord caused the son of David and Bathsheba, Uriah’s widow, to be very sick. 16[b] David prayed to God for the baby. David fasted and went into his house and stayed there, lying on the ground all night. 17 The elders of David’s family came to him and tried to pull him up from the ground, but he refused to get up or to eat food with them.

18 On the seventh day the baby died. David’s servants were afraid to tell him that the baby was dead. They said, “Look, we tried to talk to David while the baby was alive, but he refused to listen to us. If we tell him the baby is dead, he may do something awful.”

19 When David saw his servants whispering, he knew that the baby was dead. So he asked them, “Is the baby dead?”

They answered, “Yes, he is dead.”

20 Then David got up from the floor, washed himself, put lotions on, and changed his clothes. Then he went into the Lord’s house to worship. After that, he went home and asked for something to eat. His servants gave him some food, and he ate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.