Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. (839 Views)

Nigeria Vs Brazil: FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarter Finals (3 - 0) Live / Why Don't The Super Eagles Of Nigeria Play Matches In Lagos Anymore? / What's Wrong With All The African Teams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. by xamster(m): 12:16am On Jul 01, 2014
Inspite of funds, opportunities and countless flops leading to a disqualification in advancing in the next round. It all baffles me how the african teams never tap-out in their vicious circle of fails in this cup......wat do u think about this jinx anyways
Re: Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. by Caseless: 2:35am On Jul 01, 2014
Black people/africans hardly get it right in anything because they spend more time 'arguing' and playing blame game than taking good decision and taking responsibility. If u think i'm lying, go and read Botha(S.A apartheid president)'s speech of 1985.
Re: Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. by xamster(m): 7:42am On Jul 01, 2014
That's true bro, itz obvious in their numerous shortfalls in any event.
Re: Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. by abatically(m): 10:47am On Jul 01, 2014
Because of the following reasons.

1. Africa lacks talent when it comes to football. And don't tell me we excel when it comes to youth tournaments. Why won't we when we have 27 year old men playing as under 17. We love football in Africa but our main talent when it comes to sports is athletics, even at that we are still no match for USA and Jamaica when it comes to sprinting. This is why Africans only excel in marathon at the olympics. The problem now is athletes don't don't make much money as footballers, so everyone wants to play football even though the talent is not there. Don't tell me we won olympics gold medal in football, we all know the players are over aged playing as under 23. I look at all Africa teams playing at the world cup, it is very difficult to pick 2 technically gifted players. We always rely on strength, speed and long range shots. Very hard to see technically gifted players like Messi, Ozil, Mata, Di Maria, Neymar, Iniesta, Robben, Hazard, James Rodriguez, etc in Africa.

I can only count a few African players that are world class. Pick out Yaya Toure, Adebayor, maybe Gyan, Aubameyang. Then Drogba and Etoo (who are past their best). No single world class player in Nigeria.

Just like the words of Jay Jay Okocha, what a white man can do at the age of 7, it will take a black man 30 years to be able to do it. No downgrading blacks but it is a FACT.

2. We lack a functional league and youth development program. I know they are trying in South Africa but they still have a long way to go compared to other leagues.

3. Africans play for the money. It is no news a promising young African talent would rather play in Qatar where he will earn millions than play in England or Spain than play in a lower division where he will earn less but develop his talent.

4. Impatience. Everybody is a boss in Africa, we are always looking for someone to blame rather than learn and improve from our mistakes. Nigeria lost to a superior France and everyone is pointing fingers at Keshi and Yobo. Yobo actually had a good game against France, but because people hate him, they are always looking for his mistake and always going to capitalize on it. He is not the first player to score an own goal, jeez marcelo scored an own goal against Brazil. This is also the case with Musa. People hate him so much they look for his mistakes even though he plays well, he will always get the stick when he makes one mistake. Now the lad scored 2 amazing goals against Argentina then people were forced to shut their traps.

5. Corruption. NFF and other football organisations in Africa are corrupt, they never give coaches (especially indigenous coaches) a chance to choose and have authority over his team. They have slots for their favorite players to make the team. If a coach refuses to play by their rule they kick him out. NFF is no different from our corrupt politicians.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. by abatically(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
xamster: Inspite of funds, opportunities and countless flops leading to a disqualification in advancing in the next round. It all baffles me how the african teams never tap-out in their vicious circle of fails in this cup......wat do u think about this jinx anyways

Its no jinx. African football is still inferior compared to Europe and south America, even north America. Unless they should start a world cup with only africans and asians, then we might have a chance.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The African Teams Neva Make It 2ru Quarter Finals In Any Worldcup. by xamster(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
abatically:

Its no jinx. African football is still inferior compared to Europe and south America, even north America. Unless they should start a world cup with only africans and asians, then we might have a chance.
dats true bro, we have limited chance when it comes to matching up with the elite football continents

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of New Manchester United Home Kit / Brazil 2014: The Breaking Of Old Records With New Ones / Darren Fletcher Should Be Confirmed As Next Man Utd Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.