Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

FG Should Stop Investing In Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FG Should Stop Investing In Football? (9110 Views)

The Top 10 Clubs With The Most Official Trophies In Football History / FG Should Fine NFF Over Keshi Salary / Who Are Your Top Best Five In Football History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 01, 2014
FG should stop investing in football, they should invest
in education, fight insurgency and tackle corruption.
Most schools don't even have a decent library, yet
players like Mikel go home with millions of $.

29 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Seun(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2014
I have to disagree with that. I think football makes Nigerians happy and unites us. When the Super Eagles are playing there's no Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or MEND or even Boko Haram. We're all Nigerians. When the Super Eagles win, we are all happy. This is worth investing in, to an extent.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by spikesC(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Seun: I have to disagree with that. I think football makes Nigerians happy and unites us. When the Super Eagles are playing there's no Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or MEND or even Boko Haram. We're all Nigerians. When the Super Eagles win, we are all happy. This is worth investing in, to an extent.

then after its over, we can all go back and start killing each other abi

ps: am not against government sponsorship but that overated excuse is lame

29 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by abatically(m): 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
I'm in support of the OP here. We invest too much in football thereby shying away from other necessary things. We don't have the best talent when it comes to football. I know everyone loves football but they should rather invest in athletics where we have talents. Athletes don't earn a quater of what footballers earn. That way FG can have money to invest in other things.

8 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by dont8(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
Stop being emotional over nothing. We should move ahead, the Eagles gave their best (though not enough for their standard) and a quick question to you; can football (sport in general) be separated from education?

phatjoe50:
FG should stop investing in football, they should invest

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Seun(m): 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
abatically: We don't have the best talent when it comes to football.
Which African countries have better raw talents than Nigeria when it comes to football?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by LMAyedun(m): 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
Football matches Unites a Nation more than anything...

78 days, July 1... April..May..June..July #BringBackOurGirls

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by iceberylin(m): 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
Seun:
Which African countries have better raw talents than Nigeria when it comes to football?
The boss has spoken.....

ALL Naija need is to invest more
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by ICEKID334(m): 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
Abeg Nairalanders, any solution
for me? I just finished peeling yam and setting the pot on fire, minutes later, I was on my bed watching this recently downloaded P.orn on my phone only for me to remember that I forgot to wash my left hand after peeling the yam. Abeg this
itching is killing me oo. Yeeeeeeh!

20 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
Yes. Football investment should stop for Now.

Until our current Flying Eagles graduates into the Senior Level
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
Gbamification!!!!!

In full support of what Op is saying, Whatever investment on our players, though few aren't yielding any Good ROI(.Return On Investment).They just keep earning more money to the detriment of the masses..what for?

In fact, Fed Govt should ipso facto stop further any payment of bonuses anytime these players are having match..We have had enough of poverty in this country.They should channel our Taxpayers money to R&grin

Rather, These players knowing they are already made-men should play for free while our federal Government should hitherto hands up her involvement and allow the private coys to do the investment especially MTN in particular

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by GentleMimi: 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
NO!!! Absolutely not!
Where is this coming from? Our loss yesterday?
Football has its ups and downs,victory and loss.
We can never appreciate victory if we fail to experience loss.
Football binds us together,gives us distraction from our daily problems. Nigeria needs something positive to look upon.
Must we always be known for bad news and Bokoharam?
We failed does not mean we are failures.
Nigerians love short term memory. What of those times we boldly told the world we are giants of Africa?
There is space enough for football sponsorship alongside education,health,security and all of that.

13 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
Seun: I have to disagree with that. I think football makes Nigerians happy and unites us. When the Super Eagles are playing there's no Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or MEND or even Boko Haram. We're all Nigerians. When the Super Eagles win, we are all happy. This is worth investing in, to an extent.
Oracle don yarn.
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by toluleke(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
whether they invest or not it doesn?t change the fact that all sectors in nigeria is corrupt....players asking for bonus to represent their country,if d millitary men ask for bonuses before WAR..What would happen??to show you our much we love our country as individuals

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Jostico: 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]shey make them con give u the money smileyshey make them con give u the money

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Jibabs2(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
football is d oly tin dat unite dis country... i'll even advice d fg 2 invest more on d game.
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by 4reigningqueen: 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
u didnt mention agbim,egweke,flavour,etcna only mikel u see for there.ao about yobo? U be real mugu o.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Dee60: 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
It appears that teams from developing nations still do not like to sacrifice for their countries and possibly just play for their pockets. Would anyone still play if the bonuses are not paid? We hardly hear of players protests except with countries like Togo, Ghana, cameroon and sometimes Nigeria!

Coach Keshi spoke about some 'cultural issues'. What are those?

1. Fans failing to understand that sometimes even the better teams can lose in Football.
2. Players forgetting that it is team work and each scrambling to show off for their village people to see and for the next contract.
3. That officials never know where to draw the line. Always acting like they know better than the manager and of course interested in 'pocketing' all the money!
4. That fans should stop blaming referees only when they lose.

Football is a game afterall.

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
nah RuGby make dem dey invEst in? embarassed
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by LMAyedun(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
ICEKID334: Abeg Nairalanders, any solution
for me? I just finished peeling yam and setting the pot on fire, minutes later, I was on my bed watching this recently downloaded P.orn on my phone only for me to remember that I forgot to wash my left hand after peeling the yam. Abeg this
The only solution now is to go take your medication, so you can sleep...
that thing is about to start on you again - Madman

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
YES!!!! STOP PAYING THEM RIDICULOUS CASH AGAIN...................................
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by holuphisayor(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
boring. sad
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
ICEKID334: Abeg Nairalanders, any solution

*yawns* story for the gods

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Jostico: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
BECAUSE EVERYBODY SABI CREATE TOPIC,NI GO MAKE THE THEY RAMIFICATE??NOR WORRITHE MONEY GO COME UNA DORMOT.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by 4reigningqueen: 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
phatjoe50: FG should stop investing in football, they should invest

you see your life! Am very sure you created this thread because of your hatred of mikel.may you be delivered in jesus name!
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
No they shouldn't!

Football unites the world together.
Even this magic work on us Africans.

#Man Utd / Dying Eagles.

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by ICEKID334(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
Jregz:

*yawns* story for the gods
if u dnt av berra tin tew say sharap angry
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
At op i support u.
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by IAMBREEZY: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
And this BS made frontpage.smh
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Meestique: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Same hand that created this thread will create another come 2018 questioning the non-performance of naija footballers due to poor funding. Should other sectors cease to exist because of education nd security?? The funny part is dat if this fund aint channelled to football, it'd be looted.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by otokx(m): 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
upon the money raw dollars then fly into brazil for Nigeria and Ghana, last last dem still no fit make am.

Make dem invest am for primary school education.

Does Brazil not have money laundering rules?
Re: FG Should Stop Investing In Football? by Wolison(m): 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
The op must be sipping gutter juice!!.....do you know what u re saying?......only football unite Nigeria apart from that .....to ur tent oh Israel!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From DSTV Basketball Throwdown Event / Iwobi Says Argentina Will Fall Again In Russia / OSMI Acquires Nigeria's 2014 World Cup Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.