Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Plantation Farming And Allied Industries - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Plantation Farming And Allied Industries (1336 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Sorghum Grown In Anambra State To Be Used By Many Industries(pix) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plantation Farming And Allied Industries by anienge001: 3:42am On Jul 01, 2014
I am aware that different geographical zones(belts) in the country support different crops. Example, the rain forest belt support palm oil plants, cocoa etc, the middle belt has abundant citrus plantations. Can we name these plantation crop and the industries processing these produce? Name where such industries are located in case people in such area want to market their farm products.

I start:
Palm Oil Plantation in Ikwere LGA Rivers state----------------------Processed at RIVOC Oil.
Abia Palm, Abia state ----------------------------------------------No idea where their fruits are processed(Likely sold to local women to process)
Nyako Mango and Cashew Plantation, Adamawa ------------------------------Sells to some juice company. Not sure where the coy is located(?)
Hananaiah(Former FRSC boss) Mango and Orange Adamawa----------No idea where it is processed.

I know there are juice companies in the countries, but not directly serviced by these plantations I listed above. Or, if you know, please post the information here. I believe these plantations should have ready industries to process their products. Please, bring your knowledge here!!
Re: Plantation Farming And Allied Industries by TheUnbeatable(m): 10:54am On Jul 01, 2014
Okay

1 Like

Re: Plantation Farming And Allied Industries by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2014
Nyako exports most of his products
Re: Plantation Farming And Allied Industries by anienge001: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: Nyako exports most of his products

But he can use his current position to attract investors to process his produce and that of other farmers.

@Topic, having companies that can process our farm produce, especially cash crops, will create the much needed employment and boost the economy. How about the orange orchards in Benue and Taraba states, does it mean no juice companies in those states?
Re: Plantation Farming And Allied Industries by ashboy: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2014
i have a 512 hect of farm land which is good for plantation along the kaduna abuja express way .interested buyer should contact kenneth on 08091916405.price ,,,65m naira

(1) (Reply)

I Need 60-70% Shade Net / QUALITY BOARS For Breeding De Here! / I Need Constant Supply Of Uncraked Palm Kernel Nut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.