Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Interactive Sessions On National Issues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interactive Sessions On National Issues (725 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interactive Sessions On National Issues by subice(m): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2008
I don't know if anyone else watched 'The World Uncovered' that was just shown on BBC World. I only caught the last 30 mins (it was a one hour programme). They were debating the if democracy had come to a halt in Arab countries and there were two people for and against each side - a journalist and a former ambassador amongst others. The debate between the panelists was followed by the last 30 of interactive session involving the audience, made up of mostly youths but including some middle-aged and older people.

Why can't we have things like this in Nigeria? The media need to be more proactive. Some would jump out and say things like that have no chance of working in Nigeria, however I disagree. For example, AIT or Channels should have organised something like that where issues like the FOI bill and the upcoming constitution review were discussed. A firm moderator would be in charge and people who get to be part of the audience would be warned to be civil and objective. They could have got one or two lawmakers (for the FOI and against), a respected columnist and maybe an ex-governor and put them on the spot to debate some issues. The subsequent interactive session would no doubt be interesting. The station would enlighten the public on the programme before hand and they would no doubt make money from sponsors as I'm sure it would be a well watched program. I know some channels already have programs where they talk about political issues but nothing interactive like this that I know.

Just a thought.

(1) (Reply)

Tribal Politics & Religion? / The Nigeria I Want And Change We Need. / Congratulate Obama In You Language Afterall He Is An African!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.