Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? (3485 Views)

Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / How To Your Own Ecommerce Website Like Jumia & Konga & Make Money Online In 2015 / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 10:55am On Jul 01, 2014
Do you want to sell online like jumia.com?

We have seen the success of ecommerce selling online with the likes of jumia and kaymu.
Young and aspiring entrepreneurs are eager to have there goods online and sell from the comfort of their home.It is a good thing and offers you also of benefits as well.Before you decide to sell online via ecommerce,you need to consider some key factors.I have outlined these key factors below:

Certain key factors must be considered before your website is built. Failing to consider these issues first invariably results in failure. Use the following 7 points to check whether your business is ready to benefit from e-commerce.

1. How Suitable Are My Products For An E-Commerce Website?

Not everything is suited to online selling and so it is vital that you understand whether consumers are likely to buy your products directly from a website. Suitable products tend to share common features:
• Homogenous - branded products are identical, irrespective of where they are purchased, and these are often good candidates for an e-commerce website. A consumer is more likely to purchase an item from your website if they understand exactly what they are buying. Books are a good example: a novel bought from one website is identical to the same novel bought from any other and so, in the consumer's mind, there is no uncertainty about what they are purchasing. Conversely, personalised or unique items (or products that need to be tried on or tested) are not so well suited to online selling. Shoes and spectacles, for instance, are difficult to sell from an e-commerce website because the consumer is more uncertain about whether the item is exactly right for them.
• Shippable - the fulfilment of online orders is often the area of e-commerce that causes website owners most difficulty. Small, light-weight items are easily shipped and do not involve a high delivery cost that may deter online sales. To this end, many website owners will incorporate the actual delivery cost within the price of their products so that they are able to offer "free delivery", which can help to stimulate online orders. Bulky, heavy items can pose website owners some problems when it comes to delivery. If a product is fairly low-value item, will a £10 or £20 additional delivery charge be acceptable to the consumer?
• Inexpensive - consumers' propensity to purchase online is strongly related to the perceived risk of making that purchase. A normally cautious consumer might adopt a more care-free "why not?" attitude when purchasing a book for £6.99. The same person would be far more reticent when spending several thousand pounds on an electrical product. Although high-price products do sell on the Internet, you have a natural advantage if you sell lower value items.

• 1. How Suitable Are My Products For An E-Commerce Website?

It is not all products that are suitable for online selling thus you need to understand whether customers are likely to buy your goods from a website.There are some common features that suitable products have:

• Homogenous - Homogenous goods are identical irrespective of where they are being purchased.A customer is likely to purchase a good from your website if he or she understand exactly what they are buying. Books are a good example: a novel bought from one website is identical to the same novel bought from any other and so, in the consumer's mind, there is no uncertainty about what they are purchasing.
• Shippable – Can you deliver your goods to your customer promptly.You need to know which geographical location you will be covering so that delivery will be reliable.The sole responsibility can make or mar your ecommerce business.Customers need trust.

• Inexpensive – The word “inexpensive” is relative, what is expensive to some might not be expensive to others.You need to balance a common ground in terms of pricing such that your customer sees a good bargain in buying your product.

2. What Is Your Target Market?
Any Internet enthusiast will tell you that you can sell to customers anywhere in the world as soon as you have an e-commerce website.
If you run a conventional business that supplies to customers in a specific geographic area, the prospect of being able to sell across the world can be very enticing.
You need to identify your target market and where exactly they are so that delivery can be prompt to them.You do not necessary have to target the whole world at the early stage.

3. Is the payment made real time or on delivery?
Real time payment is when the payment is done instantly via atm card or any other instant payment methods.To be able to accept payments online,you need extra security measures put in place to assure customers of safety of there card details.You will be requiring an ssl certificate as a means of authentication.
Currently most ecommerce sites in Nigeria do not get much patronage from instant online payment as compared to the offline payment which is a payment on delivery.You can implement both methods but for a start,you need to give preference to the payment on delivery method.So as your customers become repeat clients,they become comfortable and familiar with your business and as such will not have problem of trust to pay online instantly.

4.How will you promote your website?
If you have run a retail shop before,you will be familiar with the adage of location and its importance to retail selling.The passing traffic is important to the success of a retail business.
In the online world, visitors traffic is important to your site sales.What is the essence of a beautiful website when nobody visits it talkless of buying from it. An effective, well-planned approach to driving traffic to your website is a vital component of a successful e-commerce site.
The effective online promotional methods can be discussed with your website designer.

5.Do you understand legal issues?
E-commerce website owners cannot trade anonymously. Your e-commerce site should show your contact details, including a full postal address, as well as details of the legal owner of the site.
You should also be aware that customers have the legal right to return a product bought from your website within 7-days of delivery. A customer does not need to provide a reason and you cannot refuse to accept the returned item (unless your products are exempt, as is the case with food retailers and businesses that sell personalised items).You should include terms of product purchase in your website as a separate page that customers agree to.You can draft the terms that apply to your business it is not cumpolsory that return must be withing 7 days but that is the common standard.
Data protection, copyright and accessibility are other key legal issues that apply to online trading and you should consult a lawyer for a draft and legal advice that will save you lots of future loss and embarasement because some customers might want to act naughty.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2014
Nice
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2014
incase you have enquiries you can send it here or to email: info@webafricaproject.com

thanks
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2014
I am expecting your enquiries
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by boneyone(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
@pasdcal...i could not help but advertise on you page cos my service might solve one of the issues your peeps might have. We are into delivery services, so if they create their online shops we help them handle deliveries. so their clients buy online and we deliver, the shop owner just sits in the comfort of his bed. We could also help them with pay on delivery options for their clients but this comes with extra charges. for more call 08170699340 or visit us at 7 razaq balogun street, off adeniran ogunsanya road surulere. thanks for allowing me use your space @pasdal
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
@boneyone

pls send me ur email address to : info@webafricaproject.com
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by boneyone(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Sent.
Also putting it here. support@naijabuys.com
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2014
@boneyone

i just sent u a mail
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by Negro1: 1:05am On Jul 04, 2014
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2014
hello,
i just noticed that the email i sent then did not deliver, i have resent it now.pls check.

thanks.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2014
hello,
pls check ur email address: support@naijabuys.com

it does not deliver messages. i guess there is a mistake.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by boneyone(m): 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
seen your mail. my tab seems to be having issues accessing my mail server. would reply later.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by otunbakolawole(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2014
hello,

Am interested in running a Web business like Jumia, Dealdey e.t.c how exactly do I go about it.

You could mail me @ kolafemi.aina@gmail.com

Regards
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
@otunbakolawole

i have sent you a mail.please check inbox or spam folder.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
Still expecting enquiries
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
@ boneyone

i just sent you a message now but it has issues delivering.Do u have an alternate email address or better still your phone number.pls find below the error message:

"Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: sales@naijabuys.com
Reason: The mailbox is full
"
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by chucky234(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Send details and cost of a standard e-shop website for electronics and gadgets to chuckcollinse@gmail.com
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
@chucky234

I have sent you a mail on your enquiry.

thanks.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by mohit247(m): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2014
@psadcal
A client needs complete details and moderate cost of the e- commerce site.
laba_one@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
i will send details now. so sorry its late.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
@mohit247

i have sent an email to the email address.thanks
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by kuzina(f): 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nice write up..I sell online, and i base abroad(Ireland), I find it difficult to ship to Nigeria, becos my product is less than 10 pounds. Do you know anyway i can send it to my customers living in Nigeria..
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
@kuzina do u mean shipping method?
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by mohit247(m): 1:02am On Jul 16, 2014
@psadcal
pls I am yet to receive the requested details.
send details to: monery24@gmail.com
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2014
@mohit247

i have sent an email to monery24@gmail.com

thanks
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2014
any more enquiries?
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2014
i will continue the above topic discussion on ecommerce shortly
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Here is a follow up on the previous article above:

If your company sells goods in a brick-and-mortar store but not online, you could be missing out on an incredible revenue-generating opportunity.

Is your business ready to reap some of those online sales? Launching an online store can be challenging for small businesses, which are often short on time, budget and staff. But ecommerce vendors can help you make designing and maintaining an online store relatively simple and affordable.

When setting up an e-commerce site there are many features to think off to have on your site, below are few must have features to relay ensure that your site is fully equipped for online sales.
1. Search Box: Having a search box positioned well, will allow your visitors to quickly search for the product that they are looking for.

2. Featured Products: By displaying featured products on your home page or on the side columns of your site will inform your visitors of top selling products, sales offers or it can be a general products that you want to push further and make sure they get noticed.

3. Related product: This is a great up selling feature, which will show your visitors what other products they can purchase along side what they are currently viewing, a cleaver way of positioning this is with a heading, Customers who bought this also bought: This will encourage your visitors to purchase more then one item at once.

4. Newsletter Subscription: Allow users to enter their email address to stay up to date with your offers and promotions, having this feature will allow you to build your mailing list for your to use in marketing campaigns.

5. Product Zoom: Having a good zoom feature for your product images, is always a plus point online, as it allows visitors to see the minute details of your products, which works well, as some times customers prefer to feel and touch, so you can easily replace this by having a good zoom feature, which really brings out the details in your product.

6. Categories: Have clear categories on your site to list your products into, and have your categories displayed somewhere easy to access, e.g. across the top or on the side columns.

7. Good Navigation: Navigation is extremely important on an e-commence site, users should be able to easily access various sections of the site, along with a quick link back to the shopping cart.

8. Good Payment Gateway: Choosing the perfect payment gateway solution for you site will give assurance and peace of mind to your visitors. Choose a merchant account that your visitors are comfortable with.For Nigerian audience,it is better you choose pay on delivery method.

9. Privacy Policy: Display clear Privacy Policy link in your footer.

10. Good Return Policy: When buyers see a good return policy they will have more assurance and peace of mind if ever something was to go wrong they can easily return their product. A good policy generally increases sales, as customers feel more safer to buy.

11. Customer login & registration: Give the option for customers to register on your site, so when they do return they don’t need to enter all their billing and payment details in again, giving them the flexibility to quickly check out.

12. Good Graphics: Make good use of graphics banners and images on the site, to attract visitors, also display your sales promotions, offers in attractive banners on the site for users to click on to.

13. Delivery Information: Always inform how your going to be delivering your products to the customers, along with clear time scales, so that your customers know when to expect the delivery.

14. News & Events: This section on the site where you can keep your visitors informed of new products, events, and other news related to your online business. Using a blogging platform or a module does this job perfectly.

15. Social Media Presence: Let your customers know that your available on networking sites, by having Social Media Logos on your site, some companies use networking sites as their customer support systems, interacting with their customers for enquires related to their orders. On the other hand some online retailers are only available to contact via networking platforms. Having a good social media presence will boost your online presence and brand.

16. Blog and Resource Section: Yes blog and Resource sections are great things to have on a site, especially a blog which you can update with your news, product information, and articles related to your online business. This also has an SEO advantage too as your site is frequently updated.

17. Reviews: Allowing customers to add their own product reviews is another feature that customers really enjoy. This is because most customers want to read what other customers have said about the product before they purchased it.

18.SSL: SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client—typically a web server (website) and a browser; or a mail server and a mail client (e.g., Outlook).
SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Normally, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text—leaving you vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server they can see and use that information.

Incase you wish to sell your products online like jumia and KAYMU, you can get more info instantly about our ecommerce package and the requirement by sending an email to:
ecommerce@webafricaproject.com (it is an auto response reply, you will get response immediately you send message.).NOTE: check your SPAM or INBOX immediately.

you can contact me directly for expert advice directly on : info@webafricaproject.com
For any type of website design.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2014
Good morning,
I have replied all your enquiries sent to my email: info@webafricaproject.com

Hope you find it educating.
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by psadcal: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
hello. waiting for enquiries
Re: Do You Want To Sell Online Like Jumia.com? by dayssolalee(m): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2022
Good day, how are you doing today?

I want to introduce you to Cloud Hosting Nigeria, its a platform that can help you set up your e-commerce and business websites in minutes.

We are partnering with Cloud Hosting Nigeria to help SMEs and Online Entrepreneurs build their E-commerce website at an affordable price.

DM if you are interested

https:///message/LIG2Y3OJZWCMF1

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: Bet9ja Betting Shop For Sale (good Location And Sales) / Calling All Legimate Lead Ore Suppliers In Nigeria / EXCLUSIVE: Earn Up To $500 Per Month As A Video Animation Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.