Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review (1258 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review by xclusiv(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2008
Please Review this site http://www.techmarketng.com
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 11:29am On Oct 06, 2008
Layout is crisp, simple and clean. A few pointers:

1) "Our mission" and "our vision" images are 57K each. I bet you if you used CSS and made the text parts of that image actual text and sprinkled in image optimization, you could have reduced the size of those 2 images by at least half. As you know, such images will waste the little time I have at a cybercafe, courtesy of high download times.

2) I assume, ", Performance Starts Here" is your tagline. Regardless, it is way to small and seems "alone in the wilderness. I would put it under your logo.

3) I liked how your form gave me immediate validation format. Having said that, what would be nicer is showing me (asssume I am a JJC intenet surfer. Yes, they do exist) an example of a valid format as well. By the way, your phone number field doesn't validate properly - i entered "44" and it accepted. You just got your mailbox bloated by 1 more useless email, courtesy of moi tongue Also, y is there a large space b/w the text and the form?

4) On some pages, the "our services" links are linkable and on others, they are not. This leads me to believe that you aren't using SSIs. For your sanity's sake, you really should.

5) Link your logo to your home page.

That's it from me. IMHO, it looks pretty good.
Re: Website Review by cmon(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2008
Good site and a very modern layout you have grin

Apart from the points by YAWA,

I enjoyed reading the texts you put up on the site. You really sounded like a pro. That's if they weren't "copy and paste" wink. However, for the email field of the form validation, it reads "Please Insert your emaail". We just need an 'a' there please.

Well apart from that. YAWA said what I would have also said.

The two right boxes on the left content section of the homepage are not well aligned. Is that intentional? I guess it's not. Work on it.
Re: Website Review by rockon(m): 11:53am On Oct 06, 2008
R you test this website on all browsers.
check on netscape. in your site two deal pro, and Al-kh, table change align.

And remaining that all the website is looking awesome.

thanks
Re: Website Review by xclusiv(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2008
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments grin
Re: Website Review by otoidea(m): 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2008
good jab

just note the points above and u should be cool

also, the graphic at the bottom, it would be cool if it links to the url it displays.
Re: Website Review by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2008
bravo!
but I advice u do your own stuff from the scratch than using already made template.
makes u look weak and lazy!
Re: Website Review by xclusiv(m): 10:31am On Oct 27, 2008
@Postmaster - Sorry I have to put it this way , there is nothing "templately" in that design and i appreciate if you are sure of your facts before making such statement, not every nice looking site is a template. What would have been a template on the site? is it the flash or the layout or the navigation style? Please try and get your facts straight
Re: Website Review by jmslimx(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2008
Nice site, Broda , I jst need 2 set my hands on new macromedia tools , because for long now i haven't done any crazy stuff
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2008
and watz wrong with a template anyways? Don't you mean "boiler plate (which I covered here some months ago)"? Sometimes it actually makes ones work more efficient. Even if it were template, he has done well with it.

Remember, with over 100million websites out there, there is a big chance that even if a site were done from scratch, that it will look like at least 100 other ones out there.
Re: Website Review by soulstar(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2008
mehn i'm impressd, at a point i was loosin hope cos d kind website i dey see sum naija peeps dey design eh d thin fit spoil browser grin
nice one, meanwhile check diz out http://wiredentertainment.biz i beg u guys be easy on d comment i'm just learning, otiodea can testify to dat(MASTER UGWE), lol
Re: Website Review by WebMonk(m): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2008
Finally somebody gets it!!

Love the clean layout. Not much to distract the eyes.

Other than what Yawa and Cmon have said, you could create external files for non-html codes (.css and .js files) and link them to your page. that way the changes made to these would reflect on all pages at the same time.

Wonderful. Good Job.

these days if anyone says your stuff looks like a template its most likely it's very good they don't believe a naija man did it. They forget Naija is getting better. kudos
Re: Website Review by olush0la(m): 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2008
Nice. template or not. Still nice.
A lot of people wouldn't know what to do even if they
were given all the templates in the world.

@soulstar: for a beginner, the wiredentertainment site no too bad like that.
A few things tho',
1. Avoid using flash for your menus, when shit hits the 'flash' fan, (like when you disbale javascript and flash,)
you'll be left hanging with ur 'kini' in your hands. The middle flash movie
is nice, keep it and lose the one with the menu.
2. Convert your menu to a list (css) can do all the shiznit that you want.

I like the 2digits website too. Nice. But when you disbale javascript and flash,
you are left with a kini kan white space,
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2008
olushola, i probably wouldn't worry abuot ppl turning off flash. If I am correct (I stand corrected), I think at last count, more pple had flash enabled than javascript.

Having said that, sure, there should always be a way to ensure that your sites adhere to progressive enhancement and graceful degradation. for javascript, you would use the NOSCRIPT tag. I don't know what it is in flash though as I don't use it.
Re: Website Review by xclusiv(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2008
I really don't support flash or javascript menus, because both could have accessibility issues. For example, if you build a flash menu with Flash CS3, that means you're publishing with flash player 9, a system with a lower version (especially 7 or below) might have issues viewing your menus , the best solution is to use a CSS Based menu, that way you will not have compatibility or accessibility problems.
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2008
xclusiv,

Well said
Re: Website Review by kehers(m): 10:46am On Oct 31, 2008
xclusiv:

I really don't support flash or javascript menus, because both could have accessibility issues,
Yeah but sometimes, using javascript menus may be a better option - like when you are having quite a number of links (say > 20 for example) with some falling as a sub under others. If the script is well written so that it degrades gracefully in case Javascript is no where to be found, things will go well.
yawa-ti-de:

If I am correct (I stand corrected), I think at last count, more people had flash enabled than javascript,
That's awful. I would rather enable js than flash. by the way, one way to flash degradation is using javascript to check if the flash plugin is enabled in the browser. See the link for more details http://www.jgtemplates.com/learn/fp/a003.asp

(1) (Reply)

I Need Web Experts / How To Create A Professional Website Absolutely Free In 20 Seconds / Php Quiz: Loop Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.