Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor (1799 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari / GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by manuch(m): 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
The immediate past Governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, has pleaded for forgiveness from those he offended during his tenure as governor of the state.

He said he had forgiven those who offended him during the course of his administration.
Ohakim made the appeal yesterday while playing host to the people of Okigwe who called at his country home to urge him to respond to their call for him to complete the tenure of the zone, as his services were still needed in the state.

According to the former governor, those he offended included the sacked school teachers verified by the state government, the operators of illegal shanties on the major roads in the state, the banned commercial motorcycle riders, among others.

He pointed out that he thought he was doing the right thing but expressed surprise that during the campaign for the governorship position in the state in 2011, the incumbent governor used it against him to get himself to power. On the purported flogging of a clergyman, the former governor maintained that his political detractors used it as a campaign strategy to edge him out of government house, maintaining his stand that he never assaulted any clergy, as he was vindicated by the said victim.

“I apologise to the street traders, the school teachers who underwent a verification exercise and were not cleared by the panel, even though it is sad that most of them are campaigning for the present government. I apologise to the motorcycle riders who believe I edged them out of business, even though I replaced it with tricycles also known as ‘Keke NAPEP’, I thought I was doing the right thing,” Ohakim appealed.

While deliberating on his next political ambition, Ohakim stated that it would be his desire to complete his tenure as provided by the constitution, but noted that his party’s decision was paramount as he had promised to abide by any decision taken by his party.
“I will seek the authorisation of my party in line with the constitution to continue my tenure, but that does not mean I will not abide by my party’s decision, I am not desperate, my ambition is to fly my party’s flag.

“I will be a better human being now, those party members who voted for me, it is only me that can assuage their suffering, I have not declared but only consulting,” Ohakim stated
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Smartsyn(m): 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
may thunder fire your mouth only sir.

and extend to those that came to ask you for reelection . thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Greatihex(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Smartsyn: may thunder fire your mouth only sir.

and extend to those that came to ask you for reelection . thanks.
he is beta than u.

1 Like

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Akpaife(m): 10:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
Medicine after death

6 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by cbnsteve059: 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
I will vote for ohakim than buhari cousin rochas.

4 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by sCun: 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
cbnsteve059: I will vote for ohakim than buhari cousin rochas.
That is exactly his plan, he wants to ride on the hatred of APC to come back to power just like Fayose. Ohakims isn't a good man, will never be and Rochas has performed far better than him.
I am sure there will be more than 2 candidates contesting the Imo governorship election, we still have PPA and APGA. You can vote for anyobe but not Ohakim.

4 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by manuch(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
You are a waste of space and a disgrace to Okigwe zone. You have no consitutional right to 'continue your tenure' because you were voted out of office. Your utterance in this interview confirmed to all that you are a stark illiterate. Mr ohakim, your downfall was as a result of arrogance and stupidity. You aligned yourself with people who do not mean well for imo state and ignored the wise counsel of people who tried to reposition your government. Those that brought you down were your friends in government who I believe today are no longer in talking terms with you. You are not an intelligent politician and the earlier you realise that the better for you. If your so called party decide to field you in 2015, Rochas will unfortunatley have a field day. He has beaten you before and he will beat you again. I think your party are wiser than you and will not touch you even with a very long stick.

4 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by saintneo(m): 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Complete what tenure? Didn't he rule for four years? Is four years no longer the legal tenure for governors? These politicians should learn how to speak legal English before venturing into politics.
If a foreigner were to hear this, it will appear as if he was removed from office via impeachment or coup.
If Ohakim wishes to contest for the Governor of Imo state let him declare his intentions and stop trying to blackmail the people.

5 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Well, I don't know how popular he is in the Imo PDP. He'll have to win the primary election first before dreaming about a second tenure.

4 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Another Ayo Fayose wanna-be. Lolz!

PDP governorship candidate on my mind!

2 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by cbnsteve059: 4:08am On Jul 02, 2014
If ohakim can recall rochas sacked 10,000 jobs then he has may vote and that of my family.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by cbnsteve059: 4:10am On Jul 02, 2014
If ohakim can recall rochas sacked 10,000 jobs then he has my vote and that of my family.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by tit(f): 4:23am On Jul 02, 2014
Ohakim can go and join APC.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by GabrielSuswam(m): 5:00am On Jul 02, 2014
PDP
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by freshness2020: 5:48am On Jul 02, 2014
Too late man, why now? Cos of re election ba?
The worse PDP will do is to make him the flag bearer, I can put it to U̶̲̥̅̊ dat if they try it, it means Rochas will clinch the seat again...they should better wake up!
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by HerexG(m): 6:38am On Jul 02, 2014
The evil that men do lives after them, I remember how he extorted money about 2500 or so from graduates in the name of giving them employment that wasn't there
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by cbnsteve059: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2014
The current rochas of imo state that I know, if you type his name on google the answer will be "FRAUD" he can only deceive the old women in the villages and not imo youths, we knw where we are waiting for him.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by cbnsteve059: 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
The eastern heartland at it again
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
I hate Rochas but I will gladly digest his worst than trying to ingest ohakim's best.
He shot himself in the foot, he should deal with it and stop ranting
.......A man who has no respect for religious institution is doomed to fail.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by GentleMimi: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
No source? Idonbilivit.

Raising his hands on a reverend father was the beginning of the end for him. He stepped on so many toes,and spoke without thinking. His arrogance was his undoing.

Did i hear someone say ''complete his tenure''? Ara gbakwa gi dia!

1 Like

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Smartsyn(m): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
Greatihex: he is beta than u.
as a student in IMSU, i embarked on a small scale business where i was selling frozen foods, i built a small container store worth thousands, bought two deep freezers and a generator that will power them, you must know their prices i guess. Now the good news is that i travelled home because of the strike caused by Ohakim and his co-horts, only to receive a call one faithful morning from my neighbours that Barr Willie and group is on our street demolishing " illegal" structures and before i get to Owerri from my base in Onitsha, my shop and everything in it is gone and nothing was saved courtsey of Ohakim and his 'Clean and Green Initiative'.

I have moved on though and doing well, making clean money. SO HE MAY BE OLDER THAN ME, RICHER THAN ME, BUT HE IS FAR FROM BETTER THAN ME. He couldn't stop my destiny with his politics instead he stopped his political destiny.

2 Likes

Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Bright2(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
God knows how to retrieve stolen money from politicians.Let him come & contest .
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Greatihex(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Smartsyn: as a student in IMSU, i embarked on a small scale business where i was selling frozen foods, i built a small container store worth thousands, bought two deep freezers and a generator that will power them, you must know their prices i guess. Now the good news is that i travelled home because of the strike caused by Ohakim and his co-horts, only to receive a call one faithful morning from my neighbours that Barr Willie and group is on our street demolishing " illegal" structures and before i get to Owerri from my base in Onitsha, my shop and everything in it is gone and nothing was saved courtsey of Ohakim and his 'Clean and Green Initiative'.

I have moved on though and doing well, making clean money. SO HE MAY BE OLDER THAN ME, RICHER THAN ME, BUT HE IS FAR FROM BETTER THAN ME. He couldn't stop my destiny with his politics instead he stopped his political destiny.
i sympathize wt u. Bt, i hv 1 question. Was ur structure illegal i.e in a wrong place? Be sincere in answering d question.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by meforyou1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ohakim has loose nuts.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Smartsyn(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Greatihex: i sympathize wt u. Bt, i hv 1 question. Was ur structure illegal i.e in a wrong place? Be sincere in answering d question.
in all sincerity, my shop was not anywhere near the roadside, as that was his criteria to declare a structure illegal... It was all politics, don't you get it, to make it appear that he is working..and we are the victims..
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Greatihex(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
Smartsyn: in all sincerity, my shop was not anywhere near the roadside, as that was his criteria to declare a structure illegal... It was all politics, don't you get it, to make it appear that he is working..and we are the victims..
if dats d case, dn it is unfortunate. Bt u knw dat d Governor did nt do dis himself. I am nt trying 2 defend hm o, bt u knw dis tins hapen.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by mekadinho(f): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Greatihex: i sympathize wt u. Bt, i hv 1 question. Was ur structure illegal i.e in a wrong place? Be sincere in answering d question.
I love ur question; but forget it, he ll never accept his structure was illegal. For Christ sake, the man bleeped up, he realised he bleeped up, and was just saying sorry to the people he offended, simple! But as 4 second tenure, Hmmm... I don't think Imolites will give him that chance.
Re: Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor by Greatihex(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
mekadinho:
I love ur question; but forget it, he ll never accept his structure was illegal. For Christ sake, the man bleeped up, he realised he bleeped up, and was just saying sorry to the people he offended, simple! But as 4 second tenure, Hmmm... I don't think Imolites will give him that chance.
anytin is possible in politics, esp nw dat rochas is nt pleasing alot of ppl like me.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nsa-sambo Dasuki The Mastermind Of $9.3m Scandal? / Dr Jonathan's Speech At The Formal Declaration Of President Goodluck Jonathan / Photo:the Height Of Hypocrisy Of The Apc!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.