Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness (2913 Views)

Protest In Benin As “Pure Water” Sells For N20 / I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari / Ohakim Regrets His Actions As Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by ebucha: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Jonathan describes late Patrick Sawyer actions as pure ‘madness’
on august 11, 2014 at 4:37 pm in news
Facebook Share Twitter Share
BY; VICTORIA OJEME
ABUJA - President Goodluck Jonathan Monday described describe late Patrick Sawyer actions as pure ‘madness’ and craziness.
Jonathan made the statement at the annual Interfaith Conference in Abuja. The president who expressed his disappointment with the way and manner Sawyer brought Ebola to Nigeria assured citizens that government is ready to stop Ebola.
“As a government, we promise that we will do everything humanly possible to contain the Ebola virus.

Late Patrick Sawyer and daughter….separated forever by Ebola
Jonathan informed the gathering that the federal government planned to rally the 36 states governors and their Commissioners of Health to rescue the nation from further spread of the disease.
“On Wednesday, I will meet with governor of the states, and they must come with their commissioners of Health along. We must make sure that every state is prepared, where they lack, the federal government will support them,”
The president said that his discussion with the head of WHO has given him more information about the virus assured the gathering that the virus will be stopped from causing more harm.
“My conversation with the WHO DG, Dr Margaret Chan was revealing, she said 60 per cent of the transmission was spread during burials. That is why in my announcement, I’ve been saying that people should be careful about burials.”
“Some people like burial ceremonies. This is not the time for burial ceremony, somebody is dead, he is dead, leave him there. This is not the best time for those ceremonies.”
“If he is dead, he is already dead, Sawyer that brought this Ebola to Nigeria; his sister died of Ebola. And he started acting somehow, his country asked him not to leave the country, let them observe him, but the crazy man decided to leave and found his way here.”
Meanwhile, the federal government Monday said one new case was recorded over the weekend, bringing the number to 10 now.
Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu stated this Monday in a press conference on the update of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
Chukwu, said “it has been 22 days since EVD first landed in Nigeria. As at today, 177 primary and secondary contacts of the index case have been placed under surveillance or isolation. 9 developed EVD, bringing the total number of cases in Nigeria to 10. Of these 10, 2 have died (the Liberian American and the Nigerian nurse) while 8 are alive and currently on treatment.”
The minister along Minister of Environment, Mrs Laurentia Mallam, Interior Minister, Abba Moro, Special Duties Minister, Tanimu Turaki and Minister of Information, Labaran Maku stated that “Nigeria wishes to emphasize that, it essentially remained an Ebola Virus free country until this incidence of importation and unfortunate contamination. We will continue to work with all stakeholders, local and international partners to maximize on this and intensify efforts to contain and treat the existing cases.”
Citing efforts to stop the spread of the virus in the West African sub-region, Chukwu said government role at the recent meeting in Accra, Ghana projected Nigeria’s “leading, pioneering and compassionate role during the summit with the first and only donation of 3.5Million USD humanitarian and capacity building aid to the three affected countries of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, the West African Health Organization (WAHO), and the ECOWAS Ebola Fund.”
Chukwu said the “Liberian Government has expressed its deepest sympathies and regrets that Mr. Sawyer had even embarked on this tragic journey, which has brought needless sufferings, death and has placed an unnecessary stress on our health system. In the same spirit, we share in solidarity, the grief of the governments and people of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone as we confront this challenge together.”
The minister further urged Nigerians not to see Liberia and her citizens in bad light considering the harmonious relationship the two countries have had over the years.
“The government of Nigeria, shall continue to discharge its responsibilities within the sub region as we collectively confront and stop this outbreak of Ebola.”
He however, told journalists that aside from working with the US government on how to assist, government was also looking at other options in terms of drugs that could revive Ebola patients.
He said Nigeria’s quest to get hold of drugs that will bring relief to Ebola patients is “still work-in-progress” adding that, healthcare workers entrusted with providing care to patients have been given Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as measure to prevent them from contracting the virus.
Chukwu who stated that the Ebola virus still remained restricted to Lagos State also reiterated the resolve of the federal government to find a solution to the lingering crisis between it and the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), especially the need to call off the nationwide strike.
The minister was more optimistic that the crisis will be settled soon, but maintained that “the NMA strike is not affecting the treatment of Ebola patients.”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/jonathan-describes-late-patrick-sawyer-actions-pure-madness/
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by ebucha: 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
He is not just a mad man but a wicked and ungrateful mad bio-terrorist. Nigeria gave them peace via ECOMOG and they paid back with ebola. Honestly GEJ is a very gentle man.

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Tolexander: 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
“My conversation with the
WHO DG, Dr Margaret Chan
was revealing, she said 60 per
cent of the transmission was
spread during burials. That is
why in my announcement, I’ve
been saying that people
should be careful about
burials.”
“Some people like burial
ceremonies. This is not the
time for burial ceremony
somebody is dead, he is dead,
leave him there. This is not the
best time for those
ceremonies.”
“If he is dead, he is already
dead,
abeg o!
Don't bring that one o. !
Please, Da a pada!

All the while that i've been waiting for my grandpa's burial ceremony coming up this month. Calculating the amount i will make from it from families and friends coming for the ceremony. Na one ebola virus go come spoil show for me?

Tufiakwa! Lailai!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by coldsummer: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Like the post above says, it's not madness but wickness. A cruel act that deserves eternal punishment.

Left to me, they should bury and be making fire on his corpse everyday.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by baby124: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
I am sure he was even given special treatment and diplomatic urgency into Nigeria. When a country is used to doing things stupidly, this is what happens. As per big man, big title. No need for serious checks. We need to stop taking these diplomats specially. Let them go through the same level of stringent security processes. Na through Diplomacy, madness enter Nigeria. I hope those beggy beggy immigration officers have learnt a life long lesson. That life is more important than 100naira. undecided

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by eluquenson(m): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
The man was sent to Nigeria by the enemies.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by hushmail: 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
if to say Liberia never apologise to 9ja

after everything we do for them

anyways 4give n 4get

let d search 4 cure intensify

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by F117A: 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Why should Nigeria be giving those countries $3.5 million aid,when we should be pumping money into funding research and devt in Nigeria.
The best we can do for them is formulating a cure instead of giving them more funds to embezzle.
Drawing back from history,Nigeria's efforts are never appreciated on the continent anyway.
Our foreign policies are childish.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by desgiezd(m): 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
If only there is a way we can punish the dead, Patrick Sawyer would have received the stiffest punishment even in death. An extremely wicked fellow!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
desgiezd: If only there is a way we can punish the dead, Patrick Sawyer would have received the stiffest punishment even in death. An extremely wicked fellow!

Bros, Patrick Sawyer's corpse was cremated ie burnt to ashes. Which kain punishment come pass dat one na? grin grin
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by omenka(m): 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Your inability to reign in corruption and granting a convicted crook State pardon simply because he comes from your side of town is a greater madness mr President!!

Matter of fact, most of your actions make your fellow countryman question your sanity!! angry

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by EkoIle1: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
The clueless and daft aso rock joker just don't get it.

Not doing what you useless and incompetent losers should have done back in April when you lied that Nigeria was ready and prepared even with vaccines that doesn't to fight Ebola was madness. Sawyer exploited and took advantage of your gross incompetence and madness..

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by EkoIle1: 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
desgiezd: If only there is a way we can punish the dead, Patrick Sawyer would have received the stiffest punishment even in death. An extremely wicked fellow!

You can not punish the dead, but you can punish your leaders because they slept on the job while Sawyer slipped through the crack and your leaders lies and incompetence.

Keep pointing fingers elsewhere while your leaders keep endangering your collective souls..

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by overhypedsteve(m): 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerian government and the American government are busy donating money to help brother nations in stomping ebola, while some other selfish countries are busy babbling about being nationally immuned to a virus that even the CDC of the US have warned it citizens that it may breakout in the US but it can be controlled. Some mum countries health minister are still telling their people that they are spiritually protected from ebola
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Kalvan1000: 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
The deed is done.

Fix it!
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by RockMaxi: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
baby124: I am sure he was even given special treatment and diplomatic urgency into Nigeria. When a country is used to doing things stupidly, this is what happens. As per big man, big title. No need for serious checks. We need to stop taking these diplomats specially. Let them go through the same level of stringent security processes. Na through Diplomacy, madness enter Nigeria. . undecided

It is not only Patrick Sawyer that is mad, the Liberian Health officials too. We have lived in self denial since the Ebola issue came up, a lot of transborder activities have gone unchecked. Sawyer's case was just a red flag that made our officials to think twice that Ebola is not a poor man's disease. Imagine if Sawyer came in to Nigeria through ABC transport, the case would have been swept under the carpet and like Ghana we will keep on denying instead of taking measures against it.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Goddex: 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
baby124: I am sure he was even given special treatment and diplomatic urgency into Nigeria. When a country is used to doing things stupidly, this is what happens. As per big man, big title. No need for serious checks. We need to stop taking these diplomats specially. Let them go through the same level of stringent security processes. Na through Diplomacy, madness enter Nigeria. I hope those beggy beggy immigration officers have learnt a life long lesson. That life is more important than 100naira. undecided

Yea, I think there were lapses in the various border checks really. After all, the guy was a senior management staff with ECOWAS and perhaps enjoyed waivers.
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
F117A: Why should Nigeria be giving those countries $3.5 million aid,when we should be pumping money into funding research and devt in Nigeria.
The best we can do for them is formulating a cure instead of giving them more funds to embezzle.
Drawing back from history,Nigeria's efforts are never appreciated on the continent anyway.
Our foreign policies are childish.
Ure funny, its just like u asking USA to stop interfering in some countries affair. It cant happen. NIGERIA is the hope for all african countries . Av u ever heard of South Africa giving out aids .
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by tit(f): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
ebucha: Jonathan I’ve been saying that people should be careful about burials.”
“Some people like burial ceremonies. This is not the time for burial ceremony, somebody is dead, he is dead, leave him there. This is not the best time for those ceremonies.”

Now i know that this Izaw man does not like we Yorubass.
He wants to ban burial owambe!
He does not want my happiness.
So we cannot turn our people that have died?
Na whaa oo!
Make this 2019 reach fast.
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Tval(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
He's such a wicked man, he knew he was having it and he came into Nigeria with it. It was a national plan. The Liberian government knows about it.
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by chiefinalowo: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
May Mr. Sawyer rot in hell.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by solomakindees(m): 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
What's the punishment for those who invited him and the Immigration people who probably stamped his passport without giving him a close watch?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by lilprinze: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
d deed iz done instead of him to start looking 4 a wy to stp d spread of d virus nd cure dose infected he iz busy syin rubbish as if d rubbish he iz syin iz going to cure nd stop d spread .
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by kokoA(m): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
They said we shouldn't talk bad about the dead ba, but God will punish that fat fool who brought this thing to Nigeria.. Government for deposit him corpse for Sambisa forest.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by priscaoge(f): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmmm undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by PosterBoi(m): 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
If Sawyer truly knew he had ebola, and still chose to visit Nigeria, then his ashes should be sent back to this country and exiled to sambisa. Wicked!
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by goldfish80(m): 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
While reading the first paragraph on this article I thought this was a post from the parody blog fake naija news, until I got to the foot of the article and discovered this was from a reputable media outlet.
Really the choice of words by the President is quite gutter and leaves a lot to be desired.
The Liberian man's action should be condemned but should be more dignified with his choice of words.
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by ebullientV(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
This ''madness'' won't be a subject of discourse @ this point, if our borders aren't so porous.

I guess it's safe to say his ''madness'' equates that of our custom officers.
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by succyreal(m): 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
ebucha: Jonathan describes late Patrick Sawyer actions as pure ‘madness’
on august 11, 2014 at 4:37 pm in news
Facebook Share Twitter Share
BY; VICTORIA OJEME
ABUJA - President Goodluck Jonathan Monday described describe late Patrick Sawyer actions as pure ‘madness’ and craziness.
Jonathan made the statement at the annual Interfaith Conference in Abuja. The president who expressed his disappointment with the way and manner Sawyer brought Ebola to Nigeria assured citizens that government is ready to stop Ebola.
“As a government, we promise that we will do everything humanly possible to contain the Ebola virus.

Late Patrick Sawyer and daughter….separated forever by Ebola
Jonathan informed the gathering that the federal government planned to rally the 36 states governors and their Commissioners of Health to rescue the nation from further spread of the disease.
“On Wednesday, I will meet with governor of the states, and they must come with their commissioners of Health along. We must make sure that every state is prepared, where they lack, the federal government will support them,”
The president said that his discussion with the head of WHO has given him more information about the virus assured the gathering that the virus will be stopped from causing more harm.
“My conversation with the WHO DG, Dr Margaret Chan was revealing, she said 60 per cent of the transmission was spread during burials. That is why in my announcement, I’ve been saying that people should be careful about burials.”
“If he is dead, he is already dead, Sawyer that brought this Ebola to Nigeria; his sister died of Ebola. And he started acting somehow, his country asked him not to leave the country, let them observe him, but the crazy man decided to leave and found his way here.”
Meanwhile, the federal government Monday said one new case was recorded over the weekend, bringing the number to 10 now.
Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu stated this Monday in a press conference on the update of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
Chukwu, said “it has been 22 days since EVD first landed in Nigeria. As at today, 177 primary and secondary contacts of the index case have been placed under surveillance or isolation. 9 developed EVD, bringing the total number of cases in Nigeria to 10. Of these 10, 2 have died (the Liberian American and the Nigerian nurse) while 8 are alive and currently on treatment.”
The minister along Minister of Environment, Mrs Laurentia Mallam, Interior Minister, Abba Moro, Special Duties Minister, Tanimu Turaki and Minister of Information, Labaran Maku stated that “Nigeria wishes to emphasize that, it essentially remained an Ebola Virus free country until this incidence of importation and unfortunate contamination. We will continue to work with all stakeholders, local and international partners to maximize on this and intensify efforts to contain and treat the existing cases.”
Citing efforts to stop the spread of the virus in the West African sub-region, Chukwu said government role at the recent meeting in Accra, Ghana projected Nigeria’s “leading, pioneering and compassionate role during the summit with the first and only donation of 3.5Million USD humanitarian and capacity building aid to the three affected countries of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, the West African Health Organization (WAHO), and the ECOWAS Ebola Fund.”
Chukwu said the “Liberian Government has expressed its deepest sympathies and regrets that Mr. Sawyer had even embarked on this tragic journey, which has brought needless sufferings, death and has placed an unnecessary stress on our health system. In the same spirit, we share in solidarity, the grief of the governments and people of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone as we confront this challenge together.”
The minister further urged Nigerians not to see Liberia and her citizens in bad light considering the harmonious relationship the two countries have had over the years.
“The government of Nigeria, shall continue to discharge its responsibilities within the sub region as we collectively confront and stop this outbreak of Ebola.”
He however, told journalists that aside from working with the US government on how to assist, government was also looking at other options in terms of drugs that could revive Ebola patients.
He said Nigeria’s quest to get hold of drugs that will bring relief to Ebola patients is “still work-in-progress” adding that, healthcare workers entrusted with providing care to patients have been given Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as measure to prevent them from contracting the virus.
Chukwu who stated that the Ebola virus still remained restricted to Lagos State also reiterated the resolve of the federal government to find a solution to the lingering crisis between it and the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), especially the need to call off the nationwide strike.
The minister was more optimistic that the crisis will be settled soon, but maintained that “the NMA strike is not affecting the treatment of Ebola patients.”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/jonathan-describes-late-patrick-sawyer-actions-pure-madness/
bad copy and paste.
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Fatdon(m): 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
If no be say i dey fear Ebola, i for go
to dat man grave, exhume his corpse
and shot him in d head 100 times with
AK47!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by 9jahubcom(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
abeg
Re: GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
omenka: Your inability to reign in corruption and granting a convicted crook State pardon simply because he comes from your side of town is a greater madness mr President!!

Matter of fact, most of your actions make your fellow countryman question your sanity!! angry
o boy, u are so foolish. We are talking sumthing of national importance, an emergency, u are bringing politics into it., ur hatred for Gej wil cause u more depression Because Gej don't know if u are existing. Foolish ebola boy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If Buhari Loses The Apc Primaries? / Where Did This Happen.(photo) / See The Garage Of Nigeria's 2nd Senate President, Akweke Nwafor Orizu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.