Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Women: Stop Complaining! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women: Stop Complaining! (3802 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Why Do Women Stop Taking Care Of Themselves After Childbirth? / Women:stop Serving The Men Dead Food And Claiming You Know How To Cook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
This week, I was in this nigerian restaurant and I happened to be sitting near some loud, baby-wielding/belle-having women who were doing the only thing most women of a certain calibre do when they get together...discussing among themselves about their husbands....not stocks, hobbies, business/investment opportunities nor anything else. Just their husbands. For hours. undecided

Anyway, one of them kept complaining about how terrible her husband is. That he does not help her around the house. She was really making a big deal out of it and getting herself fired up. (Usually the state of mind they enflame themselves up to be before going home to start fawking up at the man)
And then one of them, a sensible one among them asked her, "Are you working now?" to which the complainer replied "No, he is the only one working". Next question "Does he handle his business in terms of finances in the home", complainer says "yes he does but...but"

So the sensible one asked again: "Did we not just insult Ify's husband for him complaining that she should go and find work to help him pay bills even while she is taking care of the home and children? And you joined us in that one, so why are you now complaining that your husband should be following you to do housework when that is the only work you have in the marriage?"

Of course this started an argument amongst them with the complainer being ever more defensive until the restaurant owner had to come and tell them to quiet it down as they were making a lot of noise.
----

My prognosis: As much as I feel marriage is a partnership, I feel that IF A WOMAN IS NOT WORKING AND IS HOME ALL DAY, she MUST take over home duties with full gusto and without complaint!!! Una no dey shame sef? That your husband, a whole husband O and not boyfriend, should come back home from work to start cooking/cleaning or doing house tinz again with you while you were home ALL DAY.

If he chooses to do so then that's nice. However, it should not be something you should be complaining about or tabling him before your ngbatic friends to be bad mouthing.

God bless that sensible woman who refused to "follow the fish-brained-trail" but who spoke out against the stoopidity of the complaining woman.

9 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
Op, na only you waka come? What is your business with what the women were discussing? E no consign you na! Abi you dey vex say dem no call you join the talk?

Abegii!!

14 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
berem: Op, na only you waka come? What is your business with what the women were discussing? E no consign you na! Abi you dey vex say dem no call you join the talk?
Abegii!!

Off-point as usual. Such is to be expected of your kind.

14 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by soulglo: 2:21am On Jul 02, 2014
2buff: This week, I was in this nigerian restaurant and I happened to be sitting near some loud, baby-wielding/belle-having women who were doing the only thing most women of a certain calibre do when they get together...discussing among themselves about their husbands....not stocks, hobbies, business/investment opportunities nor anything else. Just their husbands. For hours. undecided

Anyway, one of them kept complaining about how terrible her husband is. That he does not help her around the house. She was really making a big deal out of it and getting herself fired up. (Usually the state of mind they enflame themselves up to be before going home to start fawking up at the man)
And then one of them, a sensible one among them asked her, "Are you working now?" to which the complainer replied "No, he is the only one working". Next question "Does he handle his business in terms of finances in the home", complainer says "yes he does but...but"

So the sensible one asked again: "Did we not just insult Ify's husband for him complaining that she should go and find work to help him pay bills even while she is taking care of the home and children? And you joined us in that one, so why are you now complaining that your husband should be following you to do housework when that is the only work you work you are doing?"

Of course this started an argument amongst them with the complainer being ever more defensive until the restaurant owner had to come and tell them to quiet it down as they were making a lot of noise.
----

As much as I feel marriage is a partnership, I feel that IF A WOMAN IS NOT WORKING AND IS HOME ALL DAY, she MUST take over home duties with full gusto and without complaint!!! Una no dey shame sef? That your husband, a whole husband O and not boyfriend, should come back home from work to start cooking/cleaning or doing house tinz again with you while you were home ALL DAY.

If he chooses to do so then that's nice. However, it should not be something you should be complaining about or tabling him before your ngbatic friends to be bad mouthing.

God bless that sensible woman who refused to "follow the fish-trail" but spoke out against the stoopidity of the complaining woman.

I'm glad I read through it cause I was about to agree with the first few lines of your post. My question to you is does the husband stay at work all day? Why then should the wife be on duty all day. Yes, he absolutely needs to come home and still help out just as he would had she gone out to work. If they have a housekeeper or nanny then I could understand. That benefits the both of them and the wife and husband could kick back together after he gets back from work. Women like the one you are calling smart usually end up looking 55 at age 35. You cannot simply say because he puts in 8 to 10 hours outside the home then he should just come home from work, walk out of his clothes, and plop on the couch because he "went to work"

6 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by baby124: 2:47am On Jul 02, 2014
2buff:
Off-point as usual. Such is to be expected of your kind.
Hmm, what is this supposed to mean. It's now obvious where you are going to with this post. Over and out

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 3:08am On Jul 02, 2014
soul_glo:

I'm glad I read through it cause I was about to agree with the first few lines of your post. My question to you is does the husband stay at work all day? Why then should the wife be on duty all day. Yes, he absolutely needs to come home and still help out just as he would had she gone out to work. If they have a housekeeper or nanny then I could understand. That benefits the both of them and the wife and husband could kick back together after he gets back from work. Women like the one you are calling smart usually end up looking 55 at age 35. You cannot simply say because he puts in 8 to 10 hours outside the home then he should just come home from work, walk out of his clothes, and plop on the couch because he "went to work"

Listen, All that one you are talking is puan. undecided

This will never happen in Jesus Mighty name, but If I were to ever to find myself in the unfortunate situation of my wife being the ONLY breadwinner in the house, shame will catch me if she also then has to come back home from a long day at work to start cleaning and cooking again. If she decides to do it on her own, that's nice. But never in my life would I be bad-mouthing her with obviously "so-far-I-agree" friends about how much my wife, who is paying the bills, is not also cleaning and cooking when she comes back from work.

Why? Because I have pride. The RIGHT kind of pride. The pride of contributing to the family FULLY in the field I happen to be put in at that point in time.

I know that it is NOW that I put it in this context, that is when most women will now agree with my OP....hence proving it right. Most women of this generation lack that fundamental sense of duty necessary to keep a harmonious home. It all somehow has to end up being the man's fault...for her own lack of chutspa. And so for that they will happily agree with anything that has to do with a man owning up to a situation, but vehemently oppose anything that demands the same from them...even if the situation is exactly the same.

Abi what is in the cooking and cleaning gan sef? Is it not what I was doing before she came into the picture ALONG with my fulltime job?
You talking about her looking old. It all depends on the mindset at which you go about something.
Instead of going to spend money in gym shebi she can go at it with the mindset of "THIS is my exercise"?

They look old because they DECIDED to be UNHAPPY with what they were doing for a long time, NOT because of the domestic duties.
A person will also look old if they do a 9-to-5 that they hate for a very long time.
Physical activity is at the crux of looking and feeling younger. If she is unhappy being a housewife, she can table that as it's own discussion, but don't nobody start telling me about how housework be hard with all these washing machines, vacuums, etc. undecided

Just grow the heck up you female babies.

5 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by armyofone(m): 3:48am On Jul 02, 2014
Just because a guy is working and wifey is stay at home mom doesn't mean the husband should not help at home.
After work, all hands must be on deck for the smooth running of the home.
You are at work....working, madam is at home working. When you come back, the work must continue. You should both retire for the night the same time. Though there can be flexibility if you are taking night class, have a project that week, sick, very tired etc
You can help to set dinner table, gist and play with madam in the kitchen, play with the kids, load the dishwasher or do the dish, take out trash or sweep the kitchen to help madam, bath the children, read to them, check homework etc etc there are so many things to do after you get home.
After work what are you going to be doing anyway? Watch tv/play online/play game?

Sit or loaf around at your own peril grin

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 02, 2014
armyofone: Just because a guy is working and wifey is stay at home mom doesn't mean the husband should not help at home.
After work, all hands must be on deck for the smooth running of the home.
You are at work....working, madam is at home working. When you come back, the work must continue. You should both retire for the night the same time. Though there can be flexibility if you are taking night class, have a project that week, sick, very tired etc
You can help to set dinner table, gist and play with madam in the kitchen, play with the kids, load the dishwasher or do the dish, take out trash or sweep the kitchen to help madam, bath the children, read to them, check homework etc etc there are so many things to do after you get home.
After work what are you going to be doing anyway? Watch tv/play online/play game?

Sit or loaf around at your own peril grin

Read my last post madame tongue
All these things can be done by one person. It's called TIME MANAGEMENT.

Now everyone deserves a day off from work and all and I certainly never ruled out helping...but if you're bishing about it so badly to people, It's either you just don't want it OR you don't know how lucky you are to have that job. Ask the 45 year old single woman who has never been married.

4 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by armyofone(m): 3:56am On Jul 02, 2014
Sir, i have.
Thank you tongue tongue

Yeah... again, loaf around while one person carry on at your own one person peril.

2buff:
Read my last post madame tongue
All these things can be done by one person. It's called TIME MANAGEMENT.

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 02, 2014
na wah, who released these periwinkle boys from romance section undecided

2 things
1. you overheard all these discussions in a restaurant? Tell Me something , these plenty discussions , you werent bothered about the disturbance but more concerned on opening your mighty elephant ears to their discussions even when it's not your business. Wonders shall never end .
2. So at your 40yrs in this life, you don't know what goes on in a family life. Typical Nigerian man, is it the duty of the woman to take care of the home? Esp where kids are involved. Your own is to demand for food, carry your beer belly siddon for sofa while she labours 24 hrs because you pay the bills.

Pls remain single if you will go into marriage with this your archaic slave view. Na your type dey even demand for 4 boys 2 girls. Person go marry this one happy say she get husband .

Twah

11 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 02, 2014
berem: Op, na only you waka come? What is your business with what the women were discussing? E no consign you na! Abi you dey vex say dem no call you join the talk?

Abegii!!

Dont mind him, he had to rush to nairaland to type jargon. Trust me, he wouldn't miss the offline slap that would have been given to him.

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by cococandy(f): 5:02am On Jul 02, 2014
Left for me o. If a guy is working and making all the money the family needs,then it is only fair that the wife faces the home keeping squarely. Making sure that the home is always cozy,warm,clean and beautiful. With delicious aromas emanating from the kitchen wink wink
The kids well fed and giggling before daddy comes back.

What I don't understand is the case of men who's wives work as much as they do making a fuss about house keeping.
Some their wives even work more than they do and make more than they do. Yet it is beneath them to prepare dinner and set the table before darling wife comes back from a very stressful day at work. She still has to rush into the kitchen to 'serve' him. But he was home all day doing phantom business while the woman is working her buttt off being husband and wife at the same time.

12 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 02, 2014
cococandy: Left for me o. If a guy is working and making all the money the family needs,then it is only fair that the wife faces the home keeping squarely. Making sure that the home is always cozy,warm,clean and beautiful. With delicious aromas emanating from the kitchen wink wink

What I don't understand is the case of men who's wives work as much as they do making a fuss about house keeping.
Some their wives even work more than they do and make more than they do. Yet it is beneath them to prepare dinner and set the table before darling wife comes back from a very stressful day at work. She still has to rush into the kitchen to 'serve' him. But he was home all day doing phantom business while the woman is working her buttt off being husband and wife at the same time.

This is a woman that speaks sense.
Rest of you so far are lazy squabs that have no sense of duty and pride in your alloted contributions to the family.
Trying to eat your cake and have it too because y'all think the whole world should be handed to you cooked on a platter.

It's not your faults, it's the weak men running around rampant these days that tolerate this rubbish from you.
Either you work hard at work and bring something into the financial pot (afterward a man should gladly join you with housework) OR you take on the role of a housewife and fully man that station with all pride and gusto.
Pick one and quit sounding like the shameless unbridled harpies y'all seem to like emulating.

Either way requires hard work. There is no easy way out of life's responsibilities...and that is not a man's fault undecided (remember Adam and Eve)

6 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by soulglo: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2014
2buff:

This will never happen in Jesus Mighty name, but If I were to ever to find myself in the unfortunate situation of my wife being the ONLY breadwinner in the house, shame will catch me if she also then has to come back home from a long day at work to start cleaning and cooking again. If she decides to do it on her own, that's nice. But never in my life would I be bad-mouthing her with obviously "so-far-I-agree" friends about how much my wife, who is paying the bills, is not also cleaning and cooking when she comes back from work.

Why? Because I have pride. The RIGHT kind of pride. The pride of contributing to the family FULLY in the field I happen to be put in at that point in time.

I know that it is NOW that I put it in this context, that is when most women will now agree with my OP....hence proving it right. Most women of this generation lack that fundamental sense of duty necessary to keep a harmonious home. It all somehow has to end up being the man's fault...for her own lack of chutspa. And so for that they will happily agree with anything that has to do with a man owning up to a situation, but vehemently oppose anything that demands the same from them...even if the situation is exactly the same.

Abi what is in the cooking and cleaning gan sef? Is it not what I was doing before she came into the picture ALONG with my fulltime job?
You talking about her looking old. It all depends on the mindset at which you go about something.
Instead of going to spend money in gym shebi she can go at it with the mindset of "THIS is my exercise"?

They look old because they DECIDED to be UNHAPPY with what they were doing for a long time, NOT because of the domestic duties.
A person will also look old if they do a 9-to-5 that they hate for a very long time.
Physical activity is at the crux of looking and feeling younger. If she is unhappy being a housewife, she can table that as it's own discussion, but don't nobody start telling me about how housework be hard with all these washing machines, vacuums, etc. undecided

I don't care about the gossiping wives. That's their issue. Anyone who wants yo make her marriage a topic for gossip will eventually learn. My thing is with you thinking that because one works outside of the home then they should just come home and sit on their ass. It does not work that way. Any woman married to a husband with your mindset will look like someone who works in the fields for a living. I'm sorry but you don't sound like such a prize. Making enough money to pay the bills is not more important than running the home. You talk of running a household as if it were just washing a dish here and there. Let me ask you then what's so special about earning money outside the home. People do it all the time. There's nothing unique about it. If you value your family more than your ego you would not even think what you're saying.

7 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by cococandy(f): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2014
Hian. shocked
I appreciate your compliment but abeg don't use my post to insult the sisters on here. Biko
You can agree with the post without making a comparison to the posts of others thereby putting them in a bad light. I don't take pride in such praise. undecided

Besides you do know the full housewives thing is a fallacy at best. 90percent of women these days contribute financially to their homes. I think you should rather address the menace of no good husbands which happens to be on the rise going by events observable around us.
2buff:

This is a woman that speaks sense.
Rest of you are lazy squabs that have no sense of duty and pride in your alloted contributions to the family.
Trying to eat your cake and have it too because y'all think the whole world should be handed to you cooked on a platter.

It's not your faults, it's the weak men running around rampant these days that tolerate this rubbish from you.
Either you work hard at work and bring something into the financial pot (afterward a man should gladly join you with housework) OR you take on the role of a housewife and fully man that station with all pride and gusto.
Pick one and quit sounding like the shameless unbridled harpies y'all seem to like emulating.

Either way requires hard work. There is no easy way out of life's responsibilities...and that is not a man's fault undecided (remember Adam and Eve)

7 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 02, 2014
soul_glo:

I don't care about the gossiping wives. That's their issue. Anyone who wants yo make her marriage a topic for gossip will eventually learn. My thing is with you thinking that because one works outside of the home then they should just come home and sit on their ass. It does not work that way. Any woman married to a husband with your mindset will look like someone who works in the fields for a living. I'm sorry but you don't sound like such a prize. Making enough money to pay the bills is not more important than running the home. You talk of running a household as if it were just washing a dish here and there. Let me ask you then what's so special about earning money outside the home. People do it all the time. There's nothing unique about it. If you value your family more than your ego you would not even think what you're saying.

What's so hard about managing the home? People do it all the time.

Women and "it is only my own job that is hard, therefore you owe me" syndrome.

3 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by soulglo: 6:28am On Jul 02, 2014
2buff:

What's so hard about managing the home? People do it all the time.

Women and "it is only my own job that is hard, therefore you owe me" syndrome.

What's hard in having a job. People do it all the time. Heck I had two when I was 18. So you see it's only a big deal to earn money to a lazy person

3 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2014
cococandy: Hian. shocked
I appreciate your compliment but abeg don't use my post to insult the sisters on here. Biko
You can agree with the post without making a comparison to the posts of others thereby putting them in a bad light. I don't take pride in such praise. undecided

Besides you do know the full housewives thing is a fallacy at best. 90percent of women these days contribute financially to their homes. I think you should rather address the menace of no good husbands which happens to be on the rise going by events observable around us.

I can combine as many posts as I want into a single one to save space. It's a non-issue.
And I don't need to keep on repeating the same thing. comprehension is key. If she contributes financially (in a meaningful way), then she has earned the right to expect domestic assistance from the man.

As to your "no-good husbands", however vague your proposed topic is, that is a topic for another thread. This thread is about developing a sense of duty and the moderation of your expectations for your own peace of mind.
Someone with a sense of duty does not go about complaining because someone else didn't HELP them do their own part of things. Their help should b appreciated, but if it doesn't come, that is no cause for bad blood because it was a grace not a right. Highest, you do what you can, kick up and relax with your spouse and pick up where you left off the next day.

You housewives having problems in your marriages because of these petty things, if you apply this simple mindset to your day to day, you will find yourself much less frustrated. Because you would have much more realistic expectations of your man. Take it or leave it, that's your problem.

I have already said time and again in this thread that this is not gender-specific thing, but a ROLE specific.
At any point in time, the man could be put in a situation where he would have to take on the role of house husband for a little time.
Read up. Eitherway, who-ever decides to make a "dayjob-profession" out of that role as opposed to a hybrid, must man it squarely and fully with minimized expectations from the other party.

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2014
That woman. Is lazy, no wonder she's only good enough to be a house wife. She should get a job first of all. Does she think her husband is a slave? Works outside the house and must work in the house? She tripping.

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Abrilla(f): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2014
I love you for this
If a woman feels she cant do all the house chores alone then get a domestic help and close out that angle
If your husband closes by 5:30 and you live in lagos ,maybe office is far from work
Then he gets home everyday by 9pm so he should do some chores? While the woman was home all day gossiping from one place to another
Make una small small oh

cococandy: Left for me o. If a guy is working and making all the money the family needs,then it is only fair that the wife faces the home keeping squarely. Making sure that the home is always cozy,warm,clean and beautiful. With delicious aromas emanating from the kitchen wink wink

8 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by 5minsmadness: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2014
2buff:

***followinggggggg******
In the words of tony craxus: preach, brother!

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by edwife(f): 10:56am On Jul 02, 2014
Sometimes I don't get it when "Women ask for help" around the house when they are HOUSEWIFE and stay home all day.
Any sensible woman should know about time management.
Is it the cleaning?cooking?washing? undecided

Unless you live in a mansion,do you really need help that much?
If the husband is going to work everyday,I think it is natural for the wife to take care of the house and kids.
That does not mean,he cannot help hold the baby or help with their homework,but to expect him to go in the kitchen and fix something .
Yes all of us are tired at the end of the day,the one you can't do today,shift it for tomorrow(time management).

Let not be sentimental here,if you need help go find a job,then get a maid.
This is not even something a woman who have respect for herself will sit and gossip about.

Women,make we take am easy o,no be competition. sad

7 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by 5minsmadness: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2014

**swoons** ahv been swept of my feet kiss kissHere indeed is a true rose among thorns! Marry me!

3 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by 5minsmadness: 11:19am On Jul 02, 2014
soul_glo:

The bolded is a highly false/fallacious statement. How do you run the home if the bills are not paid. If husband is not taking care of finances you'll be the first to open a thread "My man is not being a man".

The second italicised : so are you saying you can't do anything yourself? Must the man help you in everything? Why not go to his workplace and help him in meetings too? Kai!

As he is handling the outside world please show you are capable of handling the home without him. That will put him more at ease and will give you that sense of pride. Like the OP said, if he decides to help in some things, fine. But honestly he just wants to come to a peaceful home and rest. He'll be doing his duty and hlbe happy and you'll be doing yours and be happy too. That's family dynamics.

grin ;Dbut of course some women no go hear, they go still wan argue make point.

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 02, 2014
O.k. This is what is causing brouhaha here? A full time house wife is a FULL TIME HOUSEWIFE for a reason; To care for the home squarely. If you decide you need help, get a maid or relative to help out.

If as a working Mother earning and working from 9-5 every single day, you would need support from your husband. Rearing of children is usually the mother's role but fathers who love their children and are concerned about their well being should have absolutely no problem being there for the kids financially, emotionally, psychologically and should be more concerned in playing as good moral role models to their kids as Heads of the family.

Therefore, if a woman decides to be a stay at mom FULLY, the home is entirely her responsbility as long as the husband is providing for every single thing in the home wthout her input.

If you are helping out with finances along wth your hubby, then its only logical for hubby to be supportive in running chores in the home. Since you consider your wife as a partner in financial responsbilities, then you should also see her as a partner in doing chores.

6 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by bukatyne(f): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2014

Cococandy wink

This your new moniker invokes thoughts grin

I support 100%

How can a housewife ask for help from her husband?

Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
That wife complaining is not even serious at all. So she's at home all day and the husband will still come back and do chores abi? She go wait tire.

Most working women in Nigeria do the chores all alone sef. Talk more the one who is home all day. She no serious.

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
@Op.. and if a man loses his job or something...while the wife is working..?

I hope the man won't expect the woman to lift up a pin inthe house since she had been at work all day.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by baby124: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
Honestly I have had a brief taste of housewifeism and it is not easy. I also had some of my nieces with me that day. I really suffered. It is actually easier going to work. By the time DH was home, I was almost in tears from exhaustion. I just could not wait to go back to work. So my view on this has changed. I will rather work, than stay at home as a house wife. There is nothing wrong in her expecting the husband to help. Even if it means putting the naughty kids in their place, helping with homework, bathing them or putting them to bed. They are his kids too. Except they are all old enough for school and in school during the day, then the wife is unreasonable. But if they are still little, there is nothing wrong with him helping

6 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Meddler(f): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
The only reason I would side with the complainer would be if she had little kids in the house. Doing the chores and keeping up the home front would be equally tedious. I mean she also has the right to request for some time off.
However, if she has no kids and making such complaints thats really in bad taste.
I'm currently enjoying my annual leave and its just me and hubby and life is sweet!! Why should I make him lift a spoon when he comes back from work?

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2014

Abegii!!
cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

angry men and women everywhere grin
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
baby_123: Honestly I have had a brief taste of housewifeism and it is not easy. I also had some of my nieces with me that day. I really suffered. It is actually easier going to work. By the time DH was home, I was almost in tears from exhaustion. I just could not wait to go back to work. So my view on this has changed. I will rather work, than stay at home as a house wife. There is nothing wrong in her expecting the husband to help. Even if it means putting the naughty kids in their place, helping with homework, bathing them or putting them to bed. They are his kids too. Except they are all old enough for school and in school during the day, then the wife is unreasonable. But if they are still little, there is nothing wrong with him helping

My dear, what do they know smiley. Housewife is different from stay at home mom. For someone that has tasted both, my dear, drop off in crèche and pick up at evening. All hands should be on deck where kids are involved. They need you as a parent to play with them, they need you to teach them the homework with love and patience, bath time, they wanna play. Raising a child is not easy esp in this part of the world. While you are busy cleaning, picking up toys every minute to avoid trip, feeding every two hrs , changing, laundry, cooking, etc. My dear, I doff my heart to stay at home mothers with no help and who the husbands refused to assist . Mothers with little babies is 24 hrs operation. Guess who will wake in the middle of the night to sing, rock the little one, who wakes in morning to bath clean feed. One person!

ThankGod for my hubby, you are the best kiss. My next world I choose you. God forbid I marry man that will sit his a ss and watch me toil 24 hrs. I go pour hot water for him belly, I swear. smiley

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Woman Married To A Yoruba Man Tells Her Exciting Story:Day I Pounded Yam / My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help / Femite Online Baby's Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.