Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

The Many Troubles Of My Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Troubles Of My Country (585 Views)

The Many Troubles Of Rochas Okorocha......a Lesson For Buhari / Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC / DETAILS: Muazu’s Many Troubles…is He About To Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Many Troubles Of My Country by youngies(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
I met her at one of the major government Hospital in Abuja yesterday; she looked very distraught, dis-shelved and disoriented. The only son of her mother, her only brother who had a fatal auto accident on Friday last week and had been in the ICU of that hospital had just been discharged.

She was at a complete loss on how to proceed; she told me that she practically went to beg for assistance from people she never thought she will talk to. In the end, she manage to raise the sum of N300,000 deposit required for surgery on her brother. The money was paid on Monday to the hospital cashier in preparation for the surgery on Tuesday. Yesterday (Tuesday), she was asked to take her brother to a private hospital because the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) has called for a nationwide strike.

She was having a lot of difficulty getting a refund of her deposit from the hospital due to bureaucratic bottle necks. In a rage of anger, she swore loudly in front of people (including security agents) that if her only brother dies because of lack of the surgery that she has duly paid for that she will dedicate the rest of her life hunting down the leadership of NMA and the family members. Looking into her eyes while she sobbed and made this declaration, I have no doubt in mind that she intends to keep that promise.

I didn’t sleep well last night, my mind keep darting to and fro what ordinary people are facing in this our dear country. NMA can rationalize their 24 point demand on government all they want, but in my books I hold them accountable to their sacred vows. Medical doctors are among the most ‘taken care of’ by our faulty system aside the politicians. (I will like someone to prove me wrong). They work hard but NOT harder than all other professions, yet they are the most hypocritical.

Most of them that work for government also run their private hospitals and clinics; diverting time, patients , drugs and other public resources to their private businesses. I don’t know of any other profession that has effrontery to do this and still make claims.

Our government is utterly irresponsible! A government that cannot be trusted on its words, a government that severally and repeatedly reneges on agreements. A government that its officials embark on foreign medical trip to treat hiccups, yawning, toothache, rubber bullet wound, dislocation and even sneezing.

I have no more words, but I can assure everyone that if nothing is done urgently, in the coming days, the tag team of this government and NMA will cause more grievances and deaths of Nigerians on a scale that will be more than Boko Haram.

Read more: http://hardballz.com.ng/many-troubles-country/

(1) (Reply)

Bring Back Our Girls Scanda / Who Will Save My Country!! / Who Will Save My Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.