Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,513 members, 7,861,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? (930 Views)

Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / Buhari Promises To Investigate Corruption In Power Sector Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by foxgiovani(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
I am just curious to find out what the power supply situation is in other parts of the country. Here in Asaba, Delta State, it seem to be worse than how it was when PHCN was in charge. Please what's the situation like in your area?
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by iamsegsy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
can I say its drastically worst......

1 Like

Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
No light in UNIPORT and ALUU over 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by foxgiovani(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hmmm, I thought its only worse in Delta. I expected that the privatisation would better the sector. What is really happening in this country?
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by reedonne: 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
No reduction or improvement in the total no of hour we have electricity pr day which is between 15-20
Distribution problem is being taken care of faster, we no longer watch electricity in our neighborhood while we wont have it.
3 transformers supply my area alone, so 3 transformer each with 3 phase means 9 different.electric line supply it, so and their is always problem with atleast one of them but now the distribution company are solving it faster.
Nobody is allowed to use 2 lines therefore their is no longer problem of heavy load on one line, and also people now inform them whenever their is problem with one line instead of changing to another which cause problem for transformer.
Another development is that we can now watch football at our home, for example during this world cup, there is no power failure during football match unless their is rain or thick cloud, but before privatilization, PHCN worker collect bribe from football viewing centres and off our electricity.

In another word, our electricity improve because corruption that cause PHCN worker to allow 2 lines, that make PHCN off electricity due to match has been eliminated.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
Far worse at my end of ph (okporo rd). You only get light here when d ediots want to start disconnecting. But at least we had light for 3hrs today
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by otokx(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
VIPERVENOM: Far worse at my end of ph (okporo rd). You only get light here when d ediots want to start disconnecting. But at least we had light for 3hrs today

Your own is good na, come to UNIPORT/ALUU then you will testify on Sunday how God has been good to you for the 3hrs light you had today.

1 Like

Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by Reptyle(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
No improvement in power supply in Satellite Town, Oriade LCDA of Lagos State. The only thing that is regular are the bills I get from EKOCORP/PHCN at the end of every month.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by PapaBrowne(m): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
It has deteriorated considerably!!

I believe we have gotten it right with the privatization though. Its just a matter of time.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Reptyle: No improvement in power supply in Satellite Town, Oriade LCDA of Lagos State. The only thing that is regular are the bills I get from EKOCORP/PHCN at the end of every month.

do people still live at satellite town? Jeez! That area is fuccked up NEPAlly!
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by jieta: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
but we are enjoying light in warri
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by otokx(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
berem: do people still live at satellite town? Jeez! That area is fuccked up NEPAlly!

No bi small nepally.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by prowlG: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Absolutely worst. If only they can subsidize the price of solar panels, every house will have their own renewable electricity
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by EmeeNaka: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Power supply has gone worse nationwide

1 Like

Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by foxgiovani(m): 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
Personally, I would have vowed that with the privatisation, epileptic power supply would be a thing of the past. Very sad to know its not going to better electricity supply. Or, maybe the companies now in charge need more time to give us uninterrupted power supply. But how long will that take?
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by otokx(m): 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
prowl G: Absolutely worst. If only they can subsidize the price of solar panels, every house will have their own renewable electricity

They should reduce petrol and diesel price by 50% to help revamp the economy and encourage the GDP.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by cronsberg: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
You people just continue to live there with false hope that things will get better in this sh.ithole country. Our fathers and grandfathers hoped too that things will change for the better, they grew old and died with the country worst than when they were young. Us too will hope and hope untill when we have grey hair and die with nothing changing in this country. But me, i refuse to live on false hope. I woud rather slave away in another country than suffer in this. Atleast i will be guaranteed a dignified life with a quality standard of living.
To answer your question, where i live only got 3hours of electricity in the past 48hours shocked . You can imaging in this 2014 o. Mehn f****k this country angry

2 Likes

Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by seannopo(m): 1:04am On Jul 03, 2014
No
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by olapluto(m): 1:48am On Jul 03, 2014
In Apete, Ido LGA of Oyo State, average of 1 hr per day. That one hour can be spread across 10 'up Nepas'. Sometimes, the only way you know there's been light is when you look up and see the ceiling fan rolling gingerly.
However, when it is 3 days to the end of the month, we start getting light for up to 4 hrs, 5hrs a day. I am talking of midnight oo. So sometimes, you wake up at 2am to quickly charge phones, iron clothes, pump water etc. As soon as people pay their monthly bills, back to 1hr per day.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by foxgiovani(m): 8:38am On Jul 03, 2014
ola_pluto: In Apete, Ido LGA of Oyo State, average of 1 hr per day. That one hour can be spread across 10 'up Nepas'. Sometimes, the only way you know there's been light is when you look up and see the ceiling fan rolling gingerly.
However, when it is 3 days to the end of the month, we start getting light for up to 4 hrs, 5hrs a day. I am talking of midnight oo. So sometimes, you wake up at 2am to quickly charge phones, iron clothes, pump water etc. As soon as people pay their monthly bills, back to 1hr per day.
Lol
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by Goandie: 9:10am On Jul 03, 2014
iam_segsy: can I say its drastically worst......

wish there was a word worse than dis
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by lyntiffany(f): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2014
in Uyo is light all the way, for two months now there has been a steady light. As am writing this we still have light, slept with it last night and is still available for use and if eventually is taken, it wouldn't last at least more than 30 mins it will be restored.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by Realdeals(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2014
Ikeja Discos want to milk us dry, yet no light!
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by jackymfon: 11:32am On Jul 03, 2014
otokx: No light in UNIPORT and ALUU over 4 months.

I was just waiting for your comment absolutely no light in mini-rolu,but if you are in ph save yourself the stress and hook up with me for your inverters and say goodbye to phcn wahala jackymfon@gmail.com
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by nzeobi(m): 11:33am On Jul 03, 2014
In ifite area of unizik. Its like 20hrs a day. some weekends here its uninterrupted
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by foxgiovani(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
lyntiffany: in Uyo is light all the way, for two months now there has been a steady light. As am writing this we still have light, slept with it last night and is still available for use and if eventually is taken, it wouldn't last at least more than 30 mins it will be restored.
It could be your lucky period. I hope it continues.
Re: Has There Been Improvement In Power Sector Since Its Privatisation? by otokx(m): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
jackymfon:

I was just waiting for your comment absolutely no light in mini-rolu,but if you are in ph save yourself the stress and hook up with me for your inverters and say goodbye to phcn wahala jackymfon@gmail.com

will the inverter not need charge? in any case i have an inverter and a generator.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Reportedly Recaptures 45 Out Of 63 That Escaped From Them / President Of The Customary Court Swear Inspeaker As Acting Governor Of Adamawa / Who Wants Buhari Dead? 6 Possibities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.