Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha (2802 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by idumuose(m): 12:05am On Jul 03, 2014
Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha did not know Dr Goodluck Jonathan until 1998 when the former was gunning for the office of governor of Bayelsa State and an elder statesman suggested he picked him as his deputy. Today he is glad he did. Like John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus Christ, the former governor admits somebody had to open the way.

Do you now counsel President Goodluck Jonathan, who was your former deputy?

‎​It will be rude of me to say I counsel the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am a realist. Yes, yesterday I could tell Goodluck Ebele Jonathan sit down here; do this or do that; don’t do this or don’t do that; or as a younger brother let’s sit down and discuss this matter; let’s put heads together and if he comes out with better reasoning or superior argument I take it from him. But things have changed and this is how life is. Today he is my boss and if people like me don’t respect him, who else will respect him. The best I can do now is to put him in prayers that his presidency should come out as one of the best this country ever had. People should remember him as a president who came and lifted the wellbeing and aspirations of the people.

Also, when you are in office, experience has shown that not everybody that has access to you comes with ideas to move the nation forward. Power belongs to the people is clearly in our Constitution. But majority of the people don’t have access to you. So those of us that are outside and have our ears to the ground can whisper to him that this is what people are saying and that what your appointees tell you is not the truth. If you can get up from your backside and walk, you will get a fair appreciation of what I am reporting. After all, the whole duty of governance is to improve the wellbeing of the citizenry and protect and preserve security of life and property that is the whole essence of governance.

How did you meet Jonathan and what qualities did you see that make you pick him as your deputy?

In 1998, in the process of my campaign to become governor of Bayelsa State, I came across a respected man from the President’s local government in the name of Justice Egonwari that was more or less a father figure in that area. He was once a politician so he understood what politics was all about even though he was a serving judge. It was my decision to pick my deputy as provided for in the Constitution, so when I consulted Justice Egonwari he advised me to narrow it to Goodluck Jonathan. I did not know him then.

He attended some of our political meetings and I saw in him somebody that can be developed to be a leader. I prayed over it because I never wanted a deputy that will give me problem. I presented the matter to God and so when Justice Egonwari recommended him, it clicked as if my eyes were open. So I asked few persons where he was staying and they gave me the address. So I drove alongside one Gordon Bozimo, who was one of the elders of our party, to his house. We drove to Goodluck’s house. I could call him Goodluck then but not now o!

We went to his very humble home in the OMPADEC quarters where he was working as assistant director and requested him to join me to INEC to fill the necessary forms and run with me as deputy governor. One of the conditions was that he must resign from his job. I had no problem with him accepting but when you are in a place receiving your daily bread and somebody says you should resign and come to an area that you are not even sure, it was not so easy. Mind you, there had been political instability, with parties such as the UNCP and others proscribed. So there was this uncertainty but he took the bull by the horns. I don’t know what also fired him and that is why I say it is destiny. But somebody had to open it up; somebody had to be used as an instrument. If he had not been picked, he would have been just like any other person.

http://mail.transparencyng.com/index.php/television/72-interview/1145-jonathans-untold-story-alamieyeseigha-

1 Like

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Lobolintin(m): 12:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Ok
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by iamtheprincipal: 12:44am On Jul 03, 2014
Weldone DSPA for bringing GEJ out of obscurity to limelight.

2 Likes

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by freshness2020: 3:10am On Jul 03, 2014
That's destiny!
It can happen to anybody in life, just hang (Faith) on because urs will come!
The worse you can do is to hate on People's success!
If you do, then that's what I will call Automatic delay of Ūя̲̅ own break through !

4 Likes

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by kaeto(m): 3:36am On Jul 03, 2014
While in ompadec, chief yoroka akarada accepted jonathan's resignation and hid it, should in case of any eventuality the election was lost he could return to ompadec, now nddc. thats how it went.

6 Likes

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by ewosk: 4:11am On Jul 03, 2014
Owk...Jonathan has Goodluck

1 Like

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by brownlord: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2014
The way ex politicians and office holders are praying and getting revelation from God amazes me.

Fayose heard from God and now Alamiesiegha heard from God.

Why is this God so patient and allow this criminals just use his name to deceive us?

2 Likes

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2014
Which means that Nigeria's destiny is to keep having clueless ones as leaders. God please rewrite our destiny

1 Like

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by jieta: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2014
chimoz: Which means that Nigeria's destiny is to keep having clueless ones as leaders. God please rewrite our destiny
i bet you cant rule a small village talkless of country

2 Likes

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by 99100(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2014
idumuose: Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha did not know Dr Goodluck Jonathan until 1998 when the former was gunning for the office of governor of Bayelsa State and an elder statesman suggested he picked him as his deputy. Today he is glad he did. Like John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus Christ, the former governor admits somebody had to open the way.

Do you now counsel President Goodluck Jonathan, who was your former deputy?

‎​It will be rude of me to say I counsel the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am a realist. Yes, yesterday I could tell Goodluck Ebele Jonathan sit down here; do this or do that; don’t do this or don’t do that; or as a younger brother let’s sit down and discuss this matter; let’s put heads together and if he comes out with better reasoning or superior argument I take it from him. But things have changed and this is how life is. Today he is my boss and if people like me don’t respect him, who else will respect him. The best I can do now is to put him in prayers that his presidency should come out as one of the best this country ever had. People should remember him as a president who came and lifted the wellbeing and aspirations of the people.

Also, when you are in office, experience has shown that not everybody that has access to you comes with ideas to move the nation forward. Power belongs to the people is clearly in our Constitution. But majority of the people don’t have access to you. So those of us that are outside and have our ears to the ground can whisper to him that this is what people are saying and that what your appointees tell you is not the truth. If you can get up from your backside and walk, you will get a fair appreciation of what I am reporting. After all, the whole duty of governance is to improve the wellbeing of the citizenry and protect and preserve security of life and property that is the whole essence of governance.

How did you meet Jonathan and what qualities did you see that make you pick him as your deputy?

In 1998, in the process of my campaign to become governor of Bayelsa State, I came across a respected man from the President’s local government in the name of Justice Egonwari that was more or less a father figure in that area. He was once a politician so he understood what politics was all about even though he was a serving judge. It was my decision to pick my deputy as provided for in the Constitution, so when I consulted Justice Egonwari he advised me to narrow it to Goodluck Jonathan. I did not know him then.

He attended some of our political meetings and I saw in him somebody that can be developed to be a leader. I prayed over it because I never wanted a deputy that will give me problem. I presented the matter to God and so when Justice Egonwari recommended him, it clicked as if my eyes were open. So I asked few persons where he was staying and they gave me the address. So I drove alongside one Gordon Bozimo, who was one of the elders of our party, to his house. We drove to Goodluck’s house. I could call him Goodluck then but not now o!

We went to his very humble home in the OMPADEC quarters where he was working as assistant director and requested him to join me to INEC to fill the necessary forms and run with me as deputy governor. One of the conditions was that he must resign from his job. I had no problem with him accepting but when you are in a place receiving your daily bread and somebody says you should resign and come to an area that you are not even sure, it was not so easy. Mind you, there had been political instability, with parties such as the UNCP and others proscribed. So there was this uncertainty but he took the bull by the horns. I don’t know what also fired him and that is why I say it is destiny. But somebody had to open it up; somebody had to be used as an instrument. If he had not been picked, he would have been just like any other person.

http://mail.transparencyng.com/index.php/television/72-interview/1145-jonathans-untold-story-alamieyeseigha-
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by idumuose(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2014
jieta: i bet you cant rule a small village talkless of country

1 Like

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2014

Don't mind that drug addict, imagine what ppl do first thing in d morning.

1 Like

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Why is this one ranting?
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Itoroetti(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Idumose,see when God decides to bless bless u,no supporter of APC can draw u back no matter what.u can see he had no god father,neither did he payed to be favoured.
for everyone that supports gej with their hrt,God shall favor them beyond their neigbours imagination,amen.

1 Like

Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
ewosk: Owk...Jonathan has Goodluck
including Patience by his side
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by jieta: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
chimoz:
Why is this one ranting?
must you show ur stupidness every were
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
jieta: must you show ur stupidness every were
Please remind me where else I showed my supposed stupidity.
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by jieta: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
chimoz:
Please remind me where else I showed my supposed stupidity.
stop stalking me or else i will report you
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
jieta: stop stalking me or else i will report you
How did I stalk you?
You are the one stalking me self.
If you like me, say it out. Am a good listener
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by jieta: 6:46am On Jul 04, 2014
chimoz:
How did I stalk you?
You are the one stalking me self.
If you like me, say it out. Am a good listener
i never knew that i was charting with a gay.
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2014
jieta: i never knew that i was charting with a gay.
That's why you will never get a brain. When did liking somebody become synonymous with Gay. Don't bother to quote me again pls.
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by jieta: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2014
chimoz:
That's why you will never get a brain. When did liking somebody become synonymous with Gay. Don't bother to quote me again pls.
buahahahahaha e pain am, you are a guy like me while in GOD's name will i like you
Re: ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2014
jieta: buahahahahaha e pain am, you are a guy like me while in GOD's name will i like you
. Gerraway

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Graphic: Heartbreaking Pics From The War Between Israel & Palestine / OSUN 2014 Nairaland Elections. APC Vs PDP...let's See Who Wins / PHOTOS: TAN Nationwide Zonal Rallies Kicks off in Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.