Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? (1200 Views)

Micomfort Events Xmas Tree Concept ( Must see creativity) / Realbellz Digital/media Concept (oshogbo) Osun State / Is New Year Overrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2014
I found out that it is a special trend for the girls of these age to be overly excited about "their birthday" smiley

Everyday is a special day, but I agree that it's extra special when it's one's birthday, not for only girls, but for all. cool

However, what baffles me is the rate at which this excitements make the girls to "load it" down to the actual day. In all social media, you will see updates like; my birthday loading......; countdown to my birthday; 30days to my birthday; my birthday in a bit etc etc. grin

The other time a female friend wanted to buy me a gift, but later said I should hang on till my birthday. Does that mean if she present me this gift anytime other than on my birthday It won't be special? I wondered. cry

It's not a headache, not at all but what is responsible for this trend? Men are beginning to join in it too, well younger men though.
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by or3gon: 9:26am On Jul 03, 2014
I always feel good when my birthday comes, even if I'll celebrate it with family and friends or not. It's not really about the celebration that makes me excited. It's how I appreciate life that I have another year to fulfill my wishes and tasks and that's what I'm always thankful of.

So now, that you still have the time to be with friends on your birthday, cherish it. Light a candle today or you can go to an orphanage because some children don't know when exactly are their birthdays. Give them gifts. smiley Enjoy your big day! grin
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by Donwizy1(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2014
No it is underrated grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2014
or3gon: I always feel good when my birthday comes, even if I'll celebrate it with family and friends or not. It's not really about the celebration that makes me excited. It's how I appreciate life that I have another year to fulfill my wishes and tasks and that's what I'm always thankful of.

So now, that you still have the time to be with friends on your birthday, cherish it. Light a candle today or you can go to an orphanage because some children don't know when exactly are their birthdays. Give them gifts. smiley Enjoy your big day! grin

Ofcourse I know it's a special day and the things that happen on that day is a testament to it. smiley

But the "loading" part, I just can't understand it. So you can't buy me or give me something when I need it? You will wait till it's birthday before you do? That's where my confusion spring up.
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2014
Don wizy: No it is underrated grin[color=#990000][/color]

grin

Please kowashiate smiley
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by woky: 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
jnrbayano:

Ofcourse I know it's a special day and the things that happen on that day is a testament to it. smiley

But the "loading" part, I just can't understand it. So you can't buy me or give me something when I need it? You will wait till it's birthday before you do? That's where my confusion spring up.
the bolded also keeps in bewilderment bro grin
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
woky: the bolded also keeps in bewilderment bro grin

It's just perculiar to the younger women.

Perhaps a particular girl overly announce it to keep her boyfriends in the ready.

I will hang on to this notion until I'm told otherwise smiley
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by woky: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
jnrbayano:

It's just perculiar to the younger women.

Perhaps a particular girl overly announce it to keep her boyfriends in the ready.

I will hang on to this notion until I'm told otherwise smiley
Lol! I think they over announce it in great anxiety to keep most of their 'male' friends informed and ready even the 1s they have placed friendzone grin grin .. They no wan here "sorry, i never knw ur bday is 2day/sorry I never knew you celebrated your birthday yesterday or so" grin grin
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
woky: Lol! I think they over announce it in great anxiety to keep most of their 'male' friends informed and ready even the 1s they have placed friendzone grin grin .. They no wan here "sorry, i never knw ur bday is 2day/sorry I never knew you celebrated your birthday yesterday or so" grin grin

Egzactly! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
Birthday or not everyday is special to me don't know about y'all.
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: Birthday or not everyday is special to me don't know about y'all.

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be. Every day is a special day though birthdays are little bit extra-special.

I don't know why the feminine gender (younger ones) overrate it and make noise about it across social networks even as early as whooping 2months before it.

I'm yet to be cleared by them.
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2014
jnrbayano:

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be. Every day is a special day though birthdays are little bit extra-special.

I don't know why the feminine gender (younger ones) overrate it and makes noise about it across social networks even as early as whooping 2months before it.

I'm yet to be cleared by them.
.I think it is in their nature to over play everything to d Max.
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 8:50am On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: .I think it is in their nature to over play everything to d Max.

....for some hidden gains I reckon.

I wish they turn up on this thread but I fear they won't.
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:53am On Jul 07, 2014
jnrbayano:

....for some hidden gains I reckon.

I wish they turn up on this thread but I fear they won't.
.Money making ventures,u know most girls have 1bf$1k magas who will sponsor$spoil them with gift that day,unlike we guys.u know what I mean now
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 9:09am On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: .Money making ventures,u know most girls have 1bf$1k magas who will sponsor$spoil them with gift that day,unlike we guys.u know what I mean now

Sure
Re: Is This Concept "Birthday" Overrated??? by jnrbayano(m): 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
jnrbayano:
I found out that it is a special trend for the girls of these age to be overly excited about "their birthday" smiley

Everyday is a special day, but I agree that it's extra special when it's one's birthday, not for only girls, but for all. cool

However, what baffles me is the rate at which this excitements make the girls to "load it" down to the actual day. In all social media, you will see updates like; my birthday loading......; countdown to my birthday; 30days to my birthday; my birthday in a bit etc etc. grin

The other time a female friend wanted to buy me a gift, but later said I should hang on till my birthday. Does that mean if she present me this gift anytime other than on my birthday It won't be special? I wondered. cry

It's not a headache, not at all but what is responsible for this trend? Men are beginning to join in it too, well younger men though.

(1) (Reply)

Events Management and Decoration Training In Abuja(get 50% discount) / SAD PHOTOS: No Parent Should Ever Have To Go Through This / Christmas Is Here Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.