Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) (46878 Views)

Shipping Container From West Coast (la/portland/seattle) To Nigeria / Shipping Container Or Vehicle To Nigeria / Need Shipping Container Taken Off The Delivery Truck At House. Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by justi4jesu(f): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
stale news undecided
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
estás comiendo
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by neupert(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
Did it happen on the main road or inside wharf.
I can see shocked a lot of guys taking pictures after the incident.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by chelseabmw(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
Whewwww shocked
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by slimthugchimee(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
zeanslim: And this ...
dont mind the only in naija idiots
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by maasoap(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
cecegorz: Incredible! I personally avoid these guys like plague, I do not drive beside any container/tanker bearing vehicle unless I'm overtaking. I prefer to stay behind them on a snarl traffic especially when you see that most of the trucks are bent in the middle or slightly bent sideways. I have seen a husband and wife flattened in their Benz by this death trap.

I usually wonder why we don't have active presence of VIO/FRSC personnel at the container loading terminals to certify these trucks before they load up the containers.

Well, beside and behind, none is safe, you just have to keep the distance between them and yourself. Last year in Lagos, a 40 tons container fell on a vehicle behind it when they were ascending a slope killing the driver and another passenger in the front seats instantly while the "chief", the owner of the car was trapped for about three hours before crane was deployed from the seaport to lift the container. And by the time the container was finally lifted, the chief had given up the ghost. What a horrible death!
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by pole: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
so close men l mean oooops oyibo :Pso close men l mean oooops oyibo
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Gifted4all(m): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
God save dem ooo

Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by temzybabe(f): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
tlanry: I hope the phone i ordered from china no dey there or ........
. Looool.. It is not there calm down cheesy
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Dee60: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
chris baba: [size=13pt]I think the lagos state government needs to regulate the movement of these big containers, Maybe they should be allowed to move only at night or somfin. i fear tthese things ehn!!!![/size]

there is a law already to regulate the movement but the truckers would not obey...
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by redcliff: 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
BAD ROADS!!! there is nothing that would make s standing container fall if the road it is on isnt leveled. Gbam!
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by zika1(f): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tnk God d owner is safe. Nd I believe God has jst answered his prayer 4 a new car.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by bankyblue(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
this one that the tariff on cars as gone up to 71%, i pity the owner of that container.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by streetzdreamz(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
maasoap: Well, beside and behind, none is safe, you just have to keep the distance between them and yourself. Last year in Lagos, a 40 tons container fell on a vehicle behind it when they were ascending a slope killing the driver and another passenger in the front seats instantly while the "chief", the owner of the car was trapped for about three hours before crane was deployed from the seaport to lift the container. And by the time the container was finally lifted, the chief had given up the ghost. What a horrible death!
nw dats a horrific way to die,can't imagine how d last minutes of d man wud be like,glad to still be alive and hoping for a chance to be rescued n @ d long run t came late,like seriously I try as much as possible to avoid em too but still it doesn't guaranty ma safety,nfn gives u a safe trip,they r all preventive measures
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Lexusgs430: 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
An opportunity for the vehicle owner to upgrade his vehicle, @ the expense of the containers owner or his/her insurance company.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by fm7070: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
the container dey discipline the car. the 2 hands dey up.
Thank God no life loss.
Insurance to finalise the rest
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Imoobot(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by huhmuhyehmi(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Really....I don't know containers exist in Nigeria shocked

Just passing
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by CharlieMaria(m): 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by AssetSamuel: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Poor safety measures in place.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Ninilowo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
cecegorz: Incredible! I personally avoid these guys like plague, I do not drive beside any container/tanker bearing vehicle unless I'm overtaking. I prefer to stay behind them on a snarl traffic especially when you see that most of the trucks are bent in the middle or slightly bent sideways. I have seen a husband and wife flattened in their Benz by this death trap.

I usually wonder why we don't have active presence of VIO/FRSC personnel at the container loading terminals to certify these trucks before they load up the containers.

VIO u say? Are those ones sane human beings? Majority of them are mere POLITICAL THUGS. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Slickest(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Final destination

1 Like

Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by experimentist: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Jregz: shocked HolyShit
You don't ever see shitt wey holy? Guy, na Smellyshit jor.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by doublebar: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thank God for the owner of that car.It could have been something else
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by nwaokeleme(m): 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
ope say that container no be my own?
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Inkredible(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
cecegorz: Incredible!

Yes! U been dey call me, so wetin appen?
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by greall1: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
bro are you fasting maybe is the fasting is affected your brain.

Aspireahead: Jonathan resign!!!
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
zeanslim: And this ... is also APC, PDP, or the bad road in your 'Only in Nigeria Villages'
If you look at the OP you would know it is a result of the potholes in that picture the driver tried to avoid or carelessly ran into might likely be the cause of the problem. The bad road contributes to the problem by merely looking at the image though.
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by vascey(m): 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thank God the driver is not hurt. It could have been much worse.

Best way to handle the monsters of the road is to avoid them and stay away from their radius of impact.

Don't play with your life. be warned!!!
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by M4gunners: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Chei thank God the owner of the was not harm
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by vainfairy: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2014

Dem dey busy dey catch danfos, minitrucks, tippers & "awön my car" dem!!!
Re: Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture) by j4sure(m): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Own Pre-order Tale With Inspired Autos (Finally delivered, resolved) / 9units Of 2007 To 2010 Model Toyota Camry Xle Fully Loaded Toks / Here Is How To Process Your Tint Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.