Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! (20319 Views)

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 04, 2014
5.00GPA the nonentity and all yoruba tribalists' head should be taken.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by newbie2014: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2014
Na wah ooo embarassed
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Saraha1(f): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2014
The oba should go to hell fire alone na, habi na people blood dey won use clean all him sin?
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2014
^ shut up jor!

what do you know about Oro rituals? kindly decribe to us the entire ritual?

Ignorant jew-worshiper.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2014
RIP! The next heir to the throne should shun all forms of barbaric practice.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by layez: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Cool
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by dfav: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2014
so how does dis one concern us na..

e even make front page....Hmmm
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: cheesy cheesy grin cheesy you are not serious. I saw people running and I joined even though I didn't know why they were running. it was the next day I heard the OBA diedgrin cheesy My toiletries I had already paid for I left them. chai, see all them guys and babes running like war don start for Nigeria grin grin cheesy I ran like they were after me alone cheesy grin cheesy grin

Who says I can run for Nigeria, I discovered I have a talent in running that night cheesy cheesy grin
grin grin grin I can imagine the sprint, Usain Bolt na learner cheesy
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 04, 2014
koastar:
grin grin grin I can imagine the sprint, Usain Bolt na learner cheesy
Hahahahahahahhahahhahaha.........the strength came from ......I don't even know where but I ran better than Blessing okagbare that night tongue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by sipicilia(f): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2014
Normally wot dey do iz 2 kil 7 pple n den bury d kings wit d 7 heads,D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ has bin hapenin since I was a child. I tink dey call it ORO. May God help us o
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: RIP! The next heir to the throne should shun all forms of barbaric practice.
what barbaric practice Pls explain yourself
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
Peppyluv: They will o! A message have been circulating on bb and watsapp that everyone should be careful because human heads will be needed. According to the message, it says an oro is going on and seven human heads will be needed. (whatever 'oro' means....I don't know)

Seven heads from the criminal Igbo boys in computer village cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Chookym(m): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
such barbaric culture
sipicilia: Normally wot dey do iz 2 kil 7 pple n den bury d kings wit d 7 heads,D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ has bin hapenin since I was a child. I tink dey call it ORO. May God help us o
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
Baby mama:

Hmm
Na who go receive this soul now
Allah or satan?

Who would receive ur soul?
Shaytan or The devil?
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
macof:
what barbaric practice Pls explain yourself
That is an advice! Traditionalists in Africa are known to follow old rites and rituals which are known to be harmful to people and society.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by freshness2020: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: Honestly, if you see the way people were running, maybe it was because of the fasting I did that day that was also what saved me because I was so confused, I didn't know were to run to, I just kept running and the only time I stopped was when I stepped on something so I stopped because when I stepped on it, I noticed a light in it so I picked it up, it was a brand new bold 5. I ran home with it and waited for the owner to call. he did the next morning and came for the phone in the evening. I asked for the password and he told me, I tried it on the phone and it opened so I knew the phone was really his and I gave it to him. He explained to my parent and I that it was when he was running that the phone fell from him.

The way I'm talking about it, one won't understand the way it was that Tuesday night. everybody was running like..............................I just thank God I got to my house that night because I almost missed my way home.
My dear it's well with us, let us keep doing the ordinary things to people that comes our way
and see ourselves having the extra-ordinary things.
God Almighty will continue to enrich U̶̲̥̅̊ for what U̶̲̥̅̊ did to that young man despite what U̶̲̥̅̊ were encountering that moment.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
dont8: [size=14pt]Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, may almighty forgive him of his sins. But I'm not in support of the closure of the markets, it's barbaric and detrimental to development of the state.[/size]

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/07/02/olu-of-ikeja-dies-markets-shut-down/

They close the market because Oba ti waja what is so barbaric in that?

Can't we respect and honour the monarch
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Siddeek: I tot he was a muslim. Why d rituals? We muslims ar seriously pathing away from islam enmasse. Huh... May Allah 4give us. Well, Rip if he claims to be a muslim.

Rubbish! You are a dumb idiot..he is an Oba and as such all pagan practices must be performed in his life and even in his death.

The only thing is, traditions can evolve but aren't meant to be discarded
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
simplynola: Hmmn...when their gods fail them in health. Anyways RIP

When your god fails u in health nko??
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by baby124: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
They always announce the Oro. It is stubborn people and strangers that become victims. That is why if you are going anywhere, call someone and ask them about what is going on there. So you don't enter one chance.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
freshness2020: Am I seeing people saying RIP to the Oba?
When heads of innocent Nigerians are already rolling for the Ritual!... They've already began killing before the news came out..IMO, I don't think the oba died at the aforementioned day, life less bodies were already littered all over the street of Ikeja , like the life less lady found around the Railway on Monday .
Its a pity that such diabolical acts are still practised in this part of the world, and Fashola will come out and tell us this is a "Mega city"..Agbero's are having a field day molesting gullible Nigerians out there, and you say Mega City ? Mega city my foot.
SMH...

Lies, no such thing in ikeja.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by macof(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: That is an advice! Traditionalists in Africa are known to follow old rites and rituals which are known to be harmful to people and society.

What rubbish advice?

There's no Traditionalist rites and rituals harmful to society..get ur stuupid Christian uselessness away from here
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by sweetgala(m): 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
torchwave: Save it for the unfortunate souls whose heads will be buried along with the Oba as custom demands. I am sure you did not overlook the word 'rituals' in the news article. As usual, people will curtail their movement, especially at night, to avoid being the unwilling donors of heads to some Oba as his gifts to his ancestors in appreciation of a life well spent.

Because they said rituals and rites would be performed you concluded humans would be decapitated, where did you get such ocus pocus information from.

Abeg if you no get better talk sidon like bon baby dey shout gugu gaga
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
macof:

What rubbish advice?

There's no Traditionalist rites and rituals harmful to society..get ur stuupid Christian uselessness away from here
No, it is not! You are only making fool of yourself. It has been posted in this forum famous people in Yoruba land who go against the barbaric rituals of burying Obas with human heads. Jeez! You aren't familiar with things on ground in Nigeria, man!

I am Atheist!
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by hebex12(m): 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
more update

the oro jst passed naw leaving everyone on helter scatter,some people were caught snapping them

those who were caught snapping them were cursed by the oro leader.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
hebex12: more update

the oro jst passed naw leaving everyone on helter scatter,some people were caught snapping them

those who were caught snapping them were cursed by the oro leader.
shocked shocked
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by dont8(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
It's barbaric because you're closing and crippling someone's means of livelihood all in the name of culture that should have been discarded long ago, don't forget people eat out of what they sell daily.
macof:

They close the market because Oba ti waja what is so barbaric in that?

Can't we respect and honour the monarch
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by freshness2020: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
macof:

Lies, no such thing in ikeja.
U̶̲̥̅̊ r at the comfort of Ūя̲̅ house screaming LIES, y not go to Ikeja Railway urself and ask peeps what happened earlier this week.
U̶̲̥̅̊ just want to talk!
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: Hahahahahahahhahahhahaha.........the strength came from ......I don't even know where but I ran better than Blessing okagbare that night tongue cheesy
We need to invite you to camp for the next Olympics tongue
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
felifeli:

21 HEADS SALUTE = 10 Igbo heads from computer village , 10 Igbo heads from other places around Ikeja , 1 Igbo head to be brought from Onitsha . Better pack up and go home now if you like your head grin grin
lol!!!
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Peppyluv: 5.00GPA the nonentity and all yoruba tribalists' head should be taken.
No,your head and your parents head are to be taken! Some I,gbo heads are already on the floor!!...I,gbo Igbos are good for sacrifice.
Re: Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
koastar:
We need to invite you to camp for the next Olympics tongue
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How many languages are in your state? / Current Ibo (delta Ibo/anambra) Names For Baby Boys. / Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.