Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,854 members, 7,859,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security (14891 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers / Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by imsuboi(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
cool
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimthugchimee: Front page in just two comments nairaland is dead
We lost a lot of data. We are trying to recover and get more traffic. Okay?

2 Likes

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by kobonaire(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
imsu.boi:
a president with brains..
and swagger wink

Nobleval: We lost a lot of data. We are trying to recover and get more traffic. Okay?
ha ha, very true. NL is even allowing profanity/cursing as user names - this was created a few days ago
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by IAMBREEZY: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
imsu.boi:
he's not like the clown that resides in Aso rock..

1 Like

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by jjk24(m): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
Religions religion religion. D day u will all understand dah everything is just a very big illusion.

1 Like

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
kobonaire: and swagger wink

ha ha, very true. NL is even allowing profanity/cursing as user names - this was created a few days ago
Lol what a name.
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by doncaster(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
imsu.boi:
Hahahahaha, ask his country men they will you Goodluck Jonathan is better than him.
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
USA is one country battling with insecurity. They called it upon themselves when they chose to meddle with the affairs of extremist countries
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by juman(m): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
America herself is devil.

I believe the theory that said cia was involved in pushing mutalib to carry the bomb.

1 Like

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by rusher14: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
juman: America herself is devil.

I believe the theory that said cia was involved in pushing mutalib to carry the bomb.

Yes they also gave Anini the guns he used.

This US sef lipsrsealed
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by cannonnier(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
@farano:
Prevention is better than cure
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by armyofone(m): 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
don't you just love her.

rusher14:
Yes they also gave Anini the guns he used.

This US sef lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Ebubeslym(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
bruno419: #clear throat
#any APC here
#dodges bomb
#running
#seun pls backup my post lipsrsealed

laugh wan kill me
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Atmmachine(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
some foolish people saying trash haven't been to America

1 Like

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by BotherMleeper(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
onoja12: The issue of Nigerians been maltreated abroad is one which should mark a quick change in Nigerian foreign policy.I think its high time the ministry of foreign affairs begin to do more than talk,they need to relate with the Nigerian association in countries round the world,the Nigerian missions are doing little or nothing to help Nigeria as a country and Nigerian leaving abroad.more embassies cant even issue the Nigerian passport talk more of assisting Nigerians.
I dare to say that of the over 15,000 Nigerian in jail abroad more than 2/3 of that figure are issues of victimization.
most of this countries have it at the back of there minds that the Nigerian state would do nothing,so they treat the Nigerian citizen as they like,i want to quickly point out that this policy of silence from the Nigerian mission abroad is the main reason why Nigeria is no longer respected on the international seen.
A point of reference is a country in the Caribbean called Guyana,i was arrested for simply applying for a drivers licence.imagine how silly that sounds and then handed to the anti narcotics department,they could not find what to pin on me,so they in turn handed me over to the anti fraud unit,while under interrogation for no crime committed the officer in charge of the fraud unit told me that 99% of Nigerians are drug dealers to which i responded,he has no right to assume that over 167million people as drug dealer when he has never been to Nigeria. angered by my statement he quickly called the immigration department where my application has been pending for 6months,this by the way is a process that is suppose to take 3weeks but for Nigerians it takes as much as 7years,this treatment is only for Nigerians. and after speaking to a Miss Mohammed he then told me that i have over stayed on my visa and my application has been denied.i equally told him in response that i am more than willing to return to my country even though i have been married to a citizen of there country for over 4years but i would not return with any false hood on my passport.
My wife inform the crime chief who i must confess was a perfect gentle man,who immediately ordered my release but stated that the problem the O/C fraud has created from immigration cant be undone by him so the matter must be taken up with there ministry of home affairs.i have thus written letters of protest which of course has not been responded to.
The lessons which can be learnt from this are as followed
1) The laws of this country clearly states that if you don't have the appropriate visa you cant work,with the deliberate policy of making sure Nigerians don't get the visa,this in turn would make sure that the Nigerian population here can not get legitimate work and thus forcing them into a life of crime.
2) countries that produce drugs in this region do not have there citizens tagged as drug dealer but a country that doesn't produce drugs are tagged drug dealers
3)even Nigerian investors are not spared,they are frustrated out
4)Nigerian student take 4-6months to get a student visa while others take 3weeks,its is equally surprising that Nigerian student contribute over 500million Guyana dollar directly and indirectly and account for 60% of the foreign students
5)I have demanded for statistics and it clearly shows that Nigeria is not among the top ten countries with conviction rate in this country,so how come of the hash tag
6)Guyanese citizen in Nigeria are enjoying expertrate quoter and working as guest of the country while to the contrary Nigerians here are treated with such disgust.
To this end i have taken it upon myself to defend the integrity of my country,i shall be meeting with the president of the Nigerian association in Guyana to fashion out a away on getting the government to drop this hash tag on Nigeria and Nigerians,and i shall be writing a letter to the honourable president of Guyana to notify him of this and equally write the Nigerian senate and house of representative as well as the Nigerian ambassador to the Caribbean and the ministry of foreign affairs in Nigeria.
its time we begin to say no to this victimization of our great country and its citizens.
Thanks

How can the host country treat you with dignity when even your own country treats you like rubbish? Your crusade should begin from your country of birth.

2 Likes

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Alubosa: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
imsu.boi:

Brains + tactical deployment of strategic defence mechanisms to combat, forestall and anehilate future terrorrist attack. i call it being proactive. Even if our government gets a wind of imminent attacks, they will do nothing to arrest d situation. It's only in 9ja a terrorrist group would write to d govt that it plans to attack a community and yet succesfully carry out it's dastard act!.........there was a country

1 Like

Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by EKPETI(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
onoja12: The issue of Nigerians been maltreated abroad is one which should mark a quick change in Nigerian foreign policy.I think its high time the ministry of foreign affairs begin to do more than talk,they need to relate with the Nigerian association in countries round the world,the Nigerian missions are doing little or nothing to help Nigeria as a country and Nigerian leaving abroad.more embassies cant even issue the Nigerian passport talk more of assisting Nigerians.
I dare to say that of the over 15,000 Nigerian in jail abroad more than 2/3 of that figure are issues of victimization.
most of this countries have it at the back of there minds that the Nigerian state would do nothing,so they treat the Nigerian citizen as they like,i want to quickly point out that this policy of silence from the Nigerian mission abroad is the main reason why Nigeria is no longer respected on the international seen.
A point of reference is a country in the Caribbean called Guyana,i was arrested for simply applying for a drivers licence.imagine how silly that sounds and then handed to the anti narcotics department,they could not find what to pin on me,so they in turn handed me over to the anti fraud unit,while under interrogation for no crime committed the officer in charge of the fraud unit told me that 99% of Nigerians are drug dealers to which i responded,he has no right to assume that over 167million people as drug dealer when he has never been to Nigeria. angered by my statement he quickly called the immigration department where my application has been pending for 6months,this by the way is a process that is suppose to take 3weeks but for Nigerians it takes as much as 7years,this treatment is only for Nigerians. and after speaking to a Miss Mohammed he then told me that i have over stayed on my visa and my application has been denied.i equally told him in response that i am more than willing to return to my country even though i have been married to a citizen of there country for over 4years but i would not return with any false hood on my passport.
My wife inform the crime chief who i must confess was a perfect gentle man,who immediately ordered my release but stated that the problem the O/C fraud has created from immigration cant be undone by him so the matter must be taken up with there ministry of home affairs.i have thus written letters of protest which of course has not been responded to.

1) The laws of this country clearly states that if you don't have the appropriate visa you cant work,with the deliberate policy of making sure Nigerians don't get the visa,this in turn would make sure that the Nigerian population here can not get legitimate work and thus forcing them into a life of crime.
2) countries that produce drugs in this region do not have there citizens tagged as drug dealer but a country that doesn't produce drugs are tagged drug dealers
4)Nigerian student take 4-6months to get a student visa while others take 3weeks,its is equally surprising that Nigerian student contribute over 500million Guyana dollar directly and indirectly and account for 60% of the foreign students
5)I have demanded for statistics and it clearly shows that Nigeria is not among the top ten countries with conviction rate in this country,so how come of the hash tag
6)Guyanese citizen in Nigeria are enjoying expertrate quoter and working as guest of the country while to the contrary Nigerians here are treated with such disgust.
To this end i have taken it upon myself to defend the integrity of my country,i shall be meeting with the president of the Nigerian association in Guyana to fashion out a away on getting the government to drop this hash tag on Nigeria and Nigerians,and i shall be writing a letter to the honourable president of Guyana to notify him of this and equally write the Nigerian senate and house of representative as well as the Nigerian ambassador to the Caribbean and the ministry of foreign affairs in Nigeria.
its time we begin to say no to this victimization of our great country and its citizens.

Thanks
Nice write up bro. But thinking of going to france.
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Ekundayo7: 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2014

Thanks
I sympathize with you but you DO know, right, that Guyana is no stranger to corruption and had you simply "settled" from the beginning I am sure none of this would have happened. Sometimes the corruption is not overt but it exists.
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Ekundayo7: 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
juman: America herself is devil.

He was disgruntled and maladjusted youth coursing in UK. This was where he rubbed shoulders with terrorist element. Leave the US out of it sha.
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Rufex07(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimthugchimee: Front page in just two comments nairaland is dead
So you want to see hundreds of posts before sensitive information like this can get to the front page? This is serious!
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Being a responsible isn't difficult afterall
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by revelationuche: 5:17am On Jul 04, 2014
I will call president Obama right now [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security by Mentcee(m): 5:46am On Jul 04, 2014
@ Onoja, good write up. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Injured In Lagos-Ibadan Highway Crash / Irukera Seeks Probe Into Foreign Airlines ‘Predatory Pricing’ Against Air Peace / Libya Stops Nigerians, Other Migrants From Crossing To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.