Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? (30694 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by ohzee(f): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2014
What's the point of keeping in touch? Is it just to show that you have self control or what? It's not about whether you are faithful or not. it's about removing EVERY seed of doubt in your partner's mind. If you run into your ex, you can be polite and courteous, but to actively keep in touch with him or her is selfish and totally unnecessary in my humble opinion.

7 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by kachi007(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2014
its nt dat bad... U could still find ur rythm again...love dy say never dies
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Atmmachine(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2014
what do you need from her
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by phadat(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2014
happened to me recently, we were an item back in school before she got married to this guy abroad not long ago I got a call from her that she was bereaved I went to say my condolences only for her to start making moves towards me , yours truly I was almost falling for it before I remembered " thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife" and I turn tail and ran

5 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by korel9: 8:03am On Jul 04, 2014
G.12:
My belle dey sweet me, dis' d 3rd time i'm makin FP dis mrnin

It shows how jobless you are! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by mkoabiola: 8:06am On Jul 04, 2014
My ex find it difficlt to let go jus lik dat
May b cos d way I service dem,dnt ask wat kind of general service.I dnt knw
Wil av to change my noba sooon
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 04, 2014
Yomieluv: Best is to stay off,many can't pass the test...seems you talking about me,though not married,but have an Ex,that we chat on whatsapp,next thing,I went to see her,she was excited,one thing led to another,before you know it,clothes started flying off,till we got down..funniest things,she knows my fiancee,and I see her fiancee on her whatsapp dp...guess what-tonite,we are seeing again..fiancee is in school,and am bored....Am I a cheat?

Wow! I am amazed
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by demitola(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2014
well, i also feel d fulfilment one is deriving in d present mariage also goes a veri long way to totaly neglekt d past. but diz dayz of peeps hurrying into marriage inorder to impress or proove levels without adequate preparatn make it more unpredictable.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by obayaya(m): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2014
While I don't believe in cutting ties entirely with an Ex, I believe in setting clear boundaries.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by CharlieMaria(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2014
JUST AVOID HER COMPLETELY EVEN THOUGH YOU TRUST YOURSELF,. BECAUSE YOUR TOOL MAY NOT TRUST ITSELF WHEN THE SITUATION ARISES. DO NOT PUT THE LORD THY GOD TO THE TEST.

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Anacksunamun: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2014
Belleciouz:

Errrm...... More than 70% of guys?
..And the 'more than 70% of guys' hooked up with who? Stones or spirits? You and I both know their exes are also "more than 70% of girls." So be fair in your assessment.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by mondaypaul77(m): 8:50am On Jul 04, 2014
You are on point but kudos to my mentor 'leke Alder'.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by robosky02(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2014
Yomieluv: Best is to stay off,many can't pass the test...seems you talking about me,though not married,but have an Ex,that we chat on whatsapp,next thing,I went to see her,she was excited,one thing led to another,before you know it,clothes started flying off,till we got down..funniest things,she knows my fiancee,and I see her fiancee on her whatsapp dp...guess what-tonite,we are seeing again..fiancee is in school,and am bored....Am I a cheat?

hay STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
you are about to....
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by PerfectFortune: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2014

Yes you are a big cheat and to confirm/understand simply put your fiancee in your position and imagine her doing what you are doing and please don't forget to let us know how you would feel.

5 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by softandsweet(f): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2014
For some reason, I feel my heart beating..... #Life's complications undecided
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by coolzeal(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2014
Of course it depends on the situation. Keeping up with your ex after you're married, in and of itself, shouldn't be considered wrong. But a lot of times, it's best to move on with the life you have without your ex as your spouse will not be comfortable with it.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 04, 2014
chelseabmw: To me it's not a bad idea tho depends on the line of communication...

I called her on her birthday just to wish her longevity

She's on my bbm list... we only chat about her work n family

When I'm in nigeria I always see her esp at her bank because she's my account officer n I run most of my bank transaction through that particular bank

We don't discuss about our relationship way back because I have moved on n she's married

My opinion tho
Nice one
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Nooo ure not a cheat o, angry angry the both of you are just doing fisi for each other. Ure a fowl angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Ishilove: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2014
Yes; a very big one

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by sheymoni(m): 9:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Men who still have Sex with their ex are not cheating. They are only getting their retirement benefits grin

3 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Why marry a man that has his ex as a contact and claims they are now just friends? The past must be behind you in spirit and in truth or no deal.

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by jaybee(f): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2014
ohzee: What's the point of keeping in touch? Is it just to show that you have self control or what? It's not about whether you are faithful or not. it's about removing EVERY seed of doubt in your partner's mind. If you run into your ex, you can be polite and courteous, but to actively keep in touch with him or her is selfish and totally unnecessary in my humble opinion.

@ OP, @ohzee

I've kept active communication (for whatever reason) with four (4) of my ex's (not quite sure of there ex status) for the past fourteen (14) years and now i desperately want to marry at least one of them now. the process is ongoing.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Tunagee(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2014
It is better to avoid any ex to prevent temptation! lets not deceive ourselves
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Inosenduatall: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2014
kingthreat: Why is it that men are so scared of their wives' ex?
If you're way better than the ex in everything including being romantic, why will she even remember him?
When I was young I promised myself never to nod a woman, but if that's what it takes to give 100% satisfaction and forget about her guys from history, I'll gladly be a bushman grin grin

It's like you don't really understand women. If you like be a thousand times better than her ex. Just leave her in a room with her ex and see if wonders will not begin to manifest. The Law of Okafor is real o, better wake up!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by DukeNija(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2014
phadat: happened to me recently, we were an item back in school before she got married to this guy abroad not long ago I got a call from her that she was bereaved I went to say my condolences only for her to start making moves towards me , yours truly I was almost falling for it before I remembered " thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife" and I turn tail and ran

You did well. Should be proud of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by teeyford(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2014
breathless: @OP. Why on earth did you have to go dub jacknjilllive?
Bros Leke can sue you for this if he finds out. It called plagiarism
The least you could do was to give credit to the source and not make it look like yours.
Stop the copy cat syndrome and be original. You short change yourself and thwart your creativity.
who ask u oo...amebo,it sure helped alotta people about to make d mistake.

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Inosenduatall: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2014
gbaskiboy: The best is to cut off any ties that bind both of u together. It starts with simple 'hello' but at end it results to adultery. And u start going about with guilty conscience that last for months.

The funny thing is, not everybody has that guilty conscience thing you talked about. Dem go even happy pass dey chop d forbidden kpomo dey go. That is, until they eventually get caught.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2014
oamronnie: Let me tell you how to get into trouble after marriage: Keep in touch with your ex girlfriend!
What are you doing?! Why are you scouring for trouble? You know she still has feelings for you.
Why are you texting and calling her, speaking in that low sensitive tone as if you never married
It almost always begins with a 'How are you?' A stiff 'I'm fine. You?' So so! That's at 9am. Then at 1pm your mind wanders. Now you want to know how she's doing in her new unit at work. As the Good Samaritan you just want to make sure her feelings are ok; you know, smooth things over... Then she asks if you've eaten. You smile. Kind of reminds you of old times. You smile again. Sheepish smile
Then her ping comes an hour later, followed by "Missing you!" You hesitate, but to be polite you send back "Missing u 2!
And the texts proceed along that corridor, throw in one or two borderline comments and jokes.
Then it becomes "Let me buy you a drink. For old times’ sake." Both of you know what you're doing.
You know you're working to a common answer. You know you're skirting an edge. But you really don't know which edge it is, whether Sheol or Abyss. "Why not?!" she replies. "But you know I can't be seen out with you. You are now MISTERRR! How about my new apartment. You haven't seen it. "Won't mind!" you say, excited in your belly. You're flirting with temptation and you know it. But you are cool! Can handle it!
At the close of work you nervously drive to her apartment. She's just a friend. You can visit an old friend, right? Well she's waiting for you. She makes sure to kiss you on the cheek. Nothing untoward. A friend's kiss. She's just arrived from work too. Only you notice the apartment is rather too cool for that statement to be true. Nervous, you stand up. To look around the apartment. You like that painting. Which one? You're backing her. Oh that one! Now she's standing next to you. Close. You perspire under the skin. You know she wants you. And you want her. But who'll make the move? You look at her. She looks up at you...those round eyes. Why did I let you get away, she's saying...softly, her hands on your chest. Then comes your kiss. It's a tentative kiss. And then the kiss changes nationality. It becomes a French kiss. And the clothes start flying off. Greedily. Just like in the movies. You know you ought to stop. You know you can still stop. But you don't. Then the clasp comes undone. The zippers follow suit. Like a Hollywood script. Now you're an adulterer. All because you couldn't cut off ties with an ex. It ended for a reason, you know.
There are relationships you must cut off once you marry. Especially relationships with high passion potential.
In a marriage, two is a company, three is a crowded stadium. You can't crowd in your ex girlfriend into your marriage. You're going to create trouble. Women are very territorial. And to a woman her marriage and her man are real estate.
Culled from Leke Alder's Letter to Jack.
U can follow @Leke_Alder on twitter for more interesting articles.
Will keep this so close to my heart. Thanks. There's so much the word 'ex' represents and its almost always the past.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Inosenduatall: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2014
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Inosenduatall: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2014

You know you are. But it's all good bro, he who is without sin should cast the first unused condom.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by victorazy(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Rushing to meet my ex now!
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by myspnigeria: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2014
It's not a good idea at all. Leave the past in the past

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Share Her Husband Till I Get Mine / I Don't Care Neighbours / Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.