Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. (872 Views)

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / On Going Work At The Onitsha Shoprite And International Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. by PRODUTIM1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
There is no doubt that the emergence of shoprite in Nigeria always brings excitement to any city that they start their business.Certain percentage of unemployed get jobs and their goods are the cheapest you can ever find anywhere.Despite all these, I think they kill most of the smaller outlets that sells the same goods. Most of the supermarkets around witness drop in sales.Now, do we say they do more harm than good?
Re: Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. by texaco1: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
So what is ur point?
Re: Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. by zynzyn(m): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
PRODUTIM1: There is no doubt that the emergence of shoprite in Nigeria always brings excitement to any city that they start their business.Certain percentage of unemployed get jobs and their goods are the cheapest you can ever find anywhere.Despite all these, I think they kill most of the smaller outlets that sells the same goods. Most of the supermarkets around witness drop in sales.Now, do we say they do more harm than good?

The small outlets in Nigeria usually have very poor habits in terms of customer service, which is usually in keeping with our bad business habits!

For instance, have you noticed that Shoprite will give you your complete change down to coins. shocked shocked That is the first place i have seen the current Nigerian coins!

The average Nigerian business or service provider believes it is the customer's responsibility to provide change. Very Annoying! angry They are also lackadaisical about re-stocking!

They need the competition to up their game. Retail business is not easy business for slack people!

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. by eph12(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Let them step up

1 Like

Re: Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. by Mariesio: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2014
zynzyn:

The small outlets in Nigeria usually have very poor habits in terms of customer service, which is usually in keeping with our bad business habits!

For instance, have you noticed that Shoprite will give you your complete change down to coins. shocked shocked That is the first place i have seen the current Nigerian coins!

The average Nigerian business or service provider believes it is the customer's responsibility to provide change. Very Annoying! angry They are also lackadaisical about re-stocking!

They need the competition to up their game. Retail business is not easy business for slack people!

Chai, U nail it . The most annoying is that U wld have queued for some time only 4 them to tell U no change except U want to let go of it!
Re: Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. by jonescyras(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
Why must govt fall down houses by the road side for good road way purposes?
So u like the rural-like market setting abi?. U no wan upgrade.
Re: Shoprite And Its Effects On Small Outlets In Nigeria. by Phemmy777(m): 3:47am On Jul 09, 2014
Welcome to capitalism . the richer get more richer and the poor ,goes to next level I.e poorer I guess. When shoprite was coming to Ibadan , I for see this happening . it will seriously affect all the small business and many will have to close their business and go for another work .its has happened in USA here. Any town Walmart move to. All small businessess find it difficult to compete and force to close down. Shoprite is Walmart of Nigeria .

(1) (Reply)

‘I Never Went To University’ – Billionaire Alakija Admits / Heritage Wins Bid For Enterprise Bank / Neteller E-currency Exchanger that Buy/Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.