Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings (15731 Views)

Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies / Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy / Revealed : Atiku Behind Nyako’s Impeachment Nightmare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by CharlesPhc: 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
A YOLA High Court on Thursday dismissed an application by the embattled Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State seeking to restrain the state House of Assembly from proceeding with the impeachment move against him until the determination of the substantive suit.

Justice Ambrose Mamadi, who is the acting Chief Judge of the state, while ruling on the application filed by Nyako’s counsel, Kanu Agabi SAN, said the lawmakers did not violate any provisions of Section 188 of the 1999 Constitution as amended, adding that the move was to pre-empt the legislators, who had 24 hours earlier instructed the acting CJ to constitute a seven-man panel to investigate the 20 charges of gross misconduct levelled against the governor and the six counts of similar charges brought against the deputy governor.

The House had two weeks ago asked the clerk to serve the impeachment notices on the duo who have been inaccessible ever since, forcing the lawmakers to serve them through the media.

Nyako, in the eight-page impeachment notice, is accused of mismanagement of public funds running into several billions of Naira.

Meanwhile, Agabi, who was represented by Ayo Akam, said that the ruling did not affect the substantive case before the court.

Also the state secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Barrister Tahir Shehu, while welcoming the ruling, said the development has “cleared the coast for the lawmakers to continue with their constitutional responsibilities of checkmating the activities of government officials in the state.”

http://ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/169168-court-okays-nyako-s-impeachment-proceedings

4 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by brownlord: 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
Going! Going!! Another JANJAWEEEEED...Gone!

43 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by ggrin(f): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Likes too yapa for this threadshockedshocked sha! Shai!!! Abeg I need likescrycrycry

4 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by ichidodo: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Down with the supporter of APC!!!...

21 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by worthytalk: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
If I were Nyako's attorney I would advice him to resign honourably, instead of being disgrace out of office. Because only a miracle will save him which I don't see. Nyako has been impeached in the spirit world it's only a matter of days to manifest physically.

37 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by ratiken(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hahahaha

Race to self destruction.... the short story about APC.

24 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by atlwireles: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
It is finally over for this man. Hopefully he saved enough money, to spend after public office. cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by egift(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
Fruitless Gragra.... grin
Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
Na today? Jonathan does not have the complete balls to make Nyako be impeached. Lai lai!

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by stexsy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
gooooood
Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by tit(f): 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
berem: Na today? Jonathan does not have the complete balls to make Nyako be impeached. Lai lai!

una don come again.
he don win ekiti.
he will win osun and takeover adamawa
and you will still be saying shoeless, clueless, ballless.
who be the mumu?

77 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Nosurrenda: 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
The state legislators are intent on recovering every kobo he stole, by next month Nyako will be selling suya.

57 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
berem: Na today? Jonathan does not have the complete balls to make Nyako be impeached. Lai lai!

Una don come again!!! Nyako will be gone in less than a week's time.APC at the moment is very powerless even at the HOR where it used to have some strength

22 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Redoil: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
tit:

una don come again.
he don win ekiti.
he will win osun and takeover adamawa
and you will still be saying shoeless, clueless, ballless.
who be the mumu?
na berem and one other id.iot called demdem the chief mor.on of nairaland.

37 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Redoil: na berem and one other id.iot called demdem the chief mor.on of nairaland.
And the others wey don commit e-suicide ( GBAWE, cleverly, nwaniba...)

24 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:
And the others wey don commit e-suicide ( GBAWE, cleverly, nwaniba...)

Gbawe could not survive the ekiti disgrace!!! Shame no gree am come out again

34 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Kassidy4luv(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
......... A supporter of APC governor.........

High on weeds
I pity his brain washed Sycophants and almajiris.

Shun JANJAWEEDISM, remember ur loved ones.

Embrace democracy today.

11 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by shaggy007(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Shey if I talk, una go talk say I no know.
I go quote that guy later, make I find the thread first.

bashy_demy:

Na the guy be that, I argue with this f001 tire, before I notice say him no know wetin him dey talk.

https://www.nairaland.com/1788459/court-stops-adamawa-assembly-impeaching

Sentimental APC apologist.

You don dey see am now? I told you they are waiting for him.

Understand that GEJ is your president.

Useless Muslim.

19 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by PenSniper: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nosurrenda: The state legislator intend recovering every kobo he stole, by next month Nyako will be selling suya.

Gbam !!! Bravo !!!

13 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by brownlord: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2014

Mad Pekin, and when the man without balls use half of his balls, you and your Lie Muhammed with your jobless tweeter master Hell Rufai will start crying, sometimes I feel most of you are mentally unstable.

When Jonathan place you where you belong, you say he's acting as a dictator, when he tolerates he's got balls. I hope he also test run his power come august 9, I love to see you people cry again.

25 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by PenSniper: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
kWankWaso, as awkward as your name sounds, beware the ides of 2015.

7 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by PenSniper: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
brownlord:

Mad Pekin, and when the man without balls use half of his balls, you and your Lie Muhammed with your jobless tweeter master Hell Rufai will start crying, sometimes I feel most of you are mentally unstable.

When Jonathan place you where you belong, you say he's acting as a dictator, when he tolerates he's got balls. I hope he also test run his power come august 9, I love to see you people cry again.

And thats telling them. supporters of APC and caliphs will cry into oblivion as nothing can stop an idea (Ekiti tsunami) whose time has come.

10 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nyako is going .., going..., and supporter of APC Atiku, supporter of APC Buhari with his boys, supporter of APC Tinubu with his looted billions, supporter of APC Amechi with his noise making mechanisms, supporter of APC Kwankwaso with his red cap will not be able to save supporter of APC Nyako from the list of impeached governors in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by engrflames: 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bad news for APC

7 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by zurine(f): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
just watching

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by PhockPhockMan: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Oga eme gi n'anya vuumm.

Honey, I'm quoting you for posterity sake.

8 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nyako is good as gone. In Yola they hate him than satan.

4 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nyako is good as gone. In Yola they hate him than satan. The only thing he has done for 7 yrs is to equip his own farm and build the road that leads to his personal house. while other roads even the government house road is messed up.

He is really progressive indeed.

9 Likes

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by ikweremilitant: 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
worthytalk: If I were Nyako's attorney I would advice him to resign honourably, instead of being disgrace out of office. Because only a miracle will save him which I don't see. Nyako has been impeached in the spirit world it's only a matter of days to manifest physically.
dat serves hm rite.next tyme he wil read d content of leters he constructs,b4 circulatng it

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dominiquez: Nyako is good as gone. In Yola they hate him than satan. The only thing he has done for 7 yrs is to equip his own farm and build the road that leads to his personal house. while other roads even the government house road is messed up.

He is really progressive indeed.
PDP sent all their scum to APC. The APC e-maggot scum on nairaland celebrate them.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Meets IBB, PDP Delegates In Niger State (Photos) / "Nigeria Needs A Revolution" - Pat Utomi (VIDEO) / Insecurity: CAN Tells Buhari To Sack All Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.