Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London (36690 Views)

British Boy Jailed For Killing Teacher / Yahoo Boy Jailed In Uk For £30m Scam / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by youngice(m): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
Cele-pope:
Na wa.I believe even those scammed should also be arrested.How people still fall for this conmen still baffles me especially greedy Americans. As for those E-thugs that want to start rushing to ask the question "why are they spoiling Nigeria image abroad?"I have this question also for you 'Does Nigeria still have a good name that one will spoil?'Virtually every Nigerian have their own share of corruption and way of spoiling the Nigerian image even internally.The level we all spoil it varies
i agree with you brother,i dont yahoo anybody but i dont pity d scammed bastards. Greed is a crime on its own

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by chuckymadu(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
grin[b]Devil don use satan punish fizzy[/b]grin

2 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by uo067: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
In life u can eat ur cake n have it...Nemesis, let him face it
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Okworigeorge(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Vivalavida99: See how Nigerians keep showing themselves for all the wrong reason, after you guys will be complaining how the world is against you.
...*cough* ur DP *coughs*
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
We living abroad.

Lots of Nigerians abroad are into crime.

In fact 419 sells faster abroad than at home right now.

Annoyingly their victims are hardworking Nigerians at home..
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by tonychristopher: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
chuchu_o: Frank Onyeachonam, 38, of Canning Town, east London, ran the UK-end of a global scam that was orchestrated from his native Nigeria.

The Old Bailey heard how he extracted up to £600,000 from pensioners to fund a luxurious lifestyle.

He was jailed for eight years for charges of conspiracy to defraud.

The court heard how he deliberately targeted pensioners because they were potentially vulnerable to handover their life savings.

The conman had the nickname "Fizzy" because of all the champagne he drank

Proceeds from his con enabled Onyeachonam to buy a luxury flat in Canary Wharf with a view of The O2
The scam - known as an "advance fee" fraud - saw Onyeachonam send victims emails claiming they had won millions of pounds on a non-existent Australian lottery. He asked them to send him money so he could release their winnings.

Afterwards, the victims would then become hooked on the scam and made extra payments, which forced several victims to come out of retirement in order to pay back high-interest loans they had taken out to pay him.

Fourteen victims, mainly from the US but one from Britain, were found to have lost a total of about £900,000.

Money was found in his flat, described by police as an 'Aladdin's cave'
Emails showed victims pleaded with Onyeachonam to send them money to pay for healthcare, while some died before he could be brought to justice.

Some of those exploited by Onyeachonam were also investigated themselves after they were used as "pawns" to launder the proceeds of the fraud by sending on money from other victims or setting up business accounts.

When his luxury flat in Canary Wharf was raided, police discovered an "Aladdin's cave" of evidence, which included notebooks containing the names, addresses and cash tallies relating to 406 people.

If all of those in the notebooks suffered losses, the fraud is likely to have run to at least £5m and possibly as high as £30m.

Co-defendants Lawrencia Emenyonu, 38, and Bernard Armah, 51, both of Wood Green, north London, were found guilty of money laundering, and were jailed for 18 months and eight months respectively.

Onyeachonam was seen as the key figure in the UK but police suspect a criminal network was in place in several countries around the world.

Authorities found an alleged co-conspirator abroad had an email containing the details of more than 100,000 potential victims.

The alleged mastermind or "chairman" of the network is based in Nigerian capital Lagos and is currently under investigation by authorities there.

Culled from BBC News. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28148071

this dude is so smart and i always admire the smartness of his people...they are the most intelligent and smartest african...he did well to retrieve the colonial masters money they took from nigeria...

i duff my hat bro

3 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
harry2ve: the only reason am blaming the guy is for his greediness, if na me i for wash my hand, go for deliverance and start a new life somewhere else. i also believe na him fellow go set am up because of jealousy, (no friend in the game )collecting is not a crime but excess is a disadvantage. thumbs up for him, e no easy. if u think say it easy make you try collect $1.
And the Admin did not hide this post?

You are a disgrace to human race

6 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by kobonaire(m): 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
naijababe: The doofus judges who preside at Old Bailey are so silly angry. Just 8 years for a crime of this magnitude, one reason why I love he yanks. This ninja would have bagged nothing less that 20yrs in the US
he may even get off earlier with good behaviour and good lawyers ....
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by HARTSL: 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
How wicked and insensitive can people be. They never pause to think of the outcome of their action
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by ceemere: 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
victorazy: Enyi a! How u come fvkup na! U no be naija guy again? Well, no worry we will pray for ur release soon.
The british did worst dan this to us, to my grandfather. cry
Their blood na pure water wia I dey! angry
yes bro, they are thesame people that said "what goes around comes around". Abi they think we ar fools to just forget the colonial times?? Nooooo. They did worst joor[sup][/sup]

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
That some bast@rds are celebrating fraud and criminality is a dent on Nigeria's Image.

Seun and His Mods should as matter of urgency HIDE some comments

3 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Cele-pope:

He is lucky he was caught in the UK.If na US bro the jail term when the guy go get go even baffle the judge when give am.I have a friend in Europe that runs the street there.He told me he can never live in the US cause their jail term there to big.He said the worst they can give him for drug peddling in his country of residence in Europe as a first or second time offender won't be more than 8 months but same offense might land him jail for up to 12-20 years. grin

At the bold - which country is that? It also depends on quantity...and how you're arrested, based on intention to distribute. If you're just a normal street dealer, who probably only moves few Os at a time - you might get 8 months for first offence, and subsequently move up to 18 months and further. However, if it involves conspiracy, you're looking at something bigger. But if you move kilos, you're looking at decades in prison.

Anyway, the guy on this thread got the right sentencing, since all they could prove was £600,000. The £30 million was just based on guesstimates. This guy isn't worth £30 million with £25 million in his pocket. They probably just added all the racketeering done by other people to it. I doubt if it were America, the sentencing would've been worse, to be honest.

Regardless, good riddance.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
MZdamola: Pray he rots in jail
na you go rot in jail soon
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by saintbiddy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
All of you that have bad things to say about this guy should check yourselves and watch your mouth,ask your selves this question how true is this allegations,i know him very well and that was said is a british media ways of turning you against each other,every picture you have uploaded was seen on is phone,you that you are sitting in your house calling him names do as much as you which but he is not that kind of person and would never be may God help us all from this stupid british media .@ poster check before you post
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by pappilo(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
naijababe: The doofus judges who preside at Old Bailey are so silly angry. Just 8 years for a crime of this magnitude? One reason why I love the yanks. This ninja would have bagged nothing less that 20yrs in the US.

And he'll be out in 4

2 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Swash042(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
hmm uptil nw no e-tribal war 4 dis thread.......is unlike nairalanders oo! grin
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
is nigeria synonymous with fraud ? Y must we be associated with fraud any where in the world
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
saintbiddy: All of you that have bad things to say about this guy should check yourselves and watch your mouth,ask your selves this question how true is this allegations,i know him very well and that was said is a british media ways of turning you against each other,every picture you have uploaded was seen on is phone,you that you are sitting in your house calling him names do as much as you which but he is not that kind of person and would never be may God help us all from this stupid british media .@ poster check before you post

So the evidence that got him jailed was a result of better otumkpor from his village abi?

5 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by corisande: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
shocked
this nigga was living large oh
make him go chill for prison, after 8yrs he will still return to yahoo

if I hear
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
saintbiddy: All of you that have bad things to say about this guy should check yourselves and watch your mouth,ask your selves this question how true is this allegations,i know him very well and that was said is a british media ways of turning you against each other,every picture you have uploaded was seen on is phone,you that you are sitting in your house calling him names do as much as you which but he is not that kind of person and would never be may God help us all from this stupid british media .@ poster check before you post

Stop chatting shyte. Canary Wharf is where all the naija fraudsters live now...and he more or less killed himself by spamming useless pictures everywhere, trying to show he has arrived, when he has no source of income. Unemployed - yet he lives in Canary Wharf - how does he pay his rent? And don't tell me the council gave him that flat.

Asians make millions off fraud, but you never see them make noise. Ditto Eastern Europeans. And when they buy flashy things, they always make sure they have a thriving legit business for cover-up. Go to west midlands, and see young Asian boys driving Ferrari's, Rolls Royce, Bentleys etc. everywhere. But they all have legit businesses for cover-up. You don't see them in Canary Wharf like the lousy Nigerians.

I was at Mile-End/Epping on Monday evening, and you need to come see what these Asian guys are pushing on the roads this summer. But most of them have companies, and businesses - paying taxes. And I'm darn sure those businesses/companies didn't buy those cars because the average Asian is a fraudster.

19 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by zurine(f): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
hmm
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Tobbie9(m): 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
Eyaaa Pele the guy that sent u money to buy that car is now in jail, don't worry 8 years isn't long

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by toprealman: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
Fizzy, nothing do you at all. Hope you bounce back bigger and stronger.

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by zeedof(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
Harmvirus: Nigerians! Using their God given talents for the wrong purpose smh..
.. because Nigeria doesn't create room for right purpose...
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by justwise(m): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2014

Please don't be silly

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by gen2briz(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2014

Here comes his gay friend

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Chamack: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
odinma1: This guy is my fellow Igbo man from Awka

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool cool
orlando owoh aka chief clown

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by goksongold(m): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
Awon Omo adanu, toye ki won ti fi se hun kan osu koja!

2 Likes

Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
zz
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by material988(m): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
thats right.. Dey should kill him as well, becus he might still go back wen he is free.
Re: Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London by Lilimax(f): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow: Nna lekwa my man Franko lala.. shocked

So dem don cramp my guy? shocked

Nna make I call Chuks for southy tell am o!
If Chucks is among, he would be nabbed too undecided
Shame to bad people sad
Ndi a bu ndi na-emebisi afa Igbo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them / Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. / Syrian Army Kills 5 Turkey Soldiers. Pope Francis Prays for ‘Martyred’ in Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.