Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy (1124 Views)

Photos From The Nigeria Senate Launch Of Suggestion Box At Plenary Today / Students Protest Against Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Neatboy(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha decided to make compulsory ID card for all northerners resident in Imo State for security reasons. But, this policy was dead on arrival as morethan 2/3 of the members of the Nigeria Senate totally condemned this policy, including senators from Imo State. The Upper Chamber urged the Executive to call Rochas to order since his ID card policy is able to cause more trouble in the already troubled polity. And I think for the sake of peace and tranquility, the ID card should be for all those residing in Imo State including the foreigners and indigens. If he does it for everybody it will serve thesame purpose. I'm from Imo State, and I want policies that will project my state as a state of light for not only the indigens, but also for other Nigerians and Africans. Do these politicians have advisers? Before you publicize añ intended policy a thorough research should be carried out to weigh its possibilities and effects. These politicians should also realize that local policies affect international policies as these local policies go a long way in affecting the lives of their kits and kins in diaspora.
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Jasi7(m): 12:13am On Jul 04, 2014
I heard dis news on AIT...it ws serious..northerners in d national assembly wer totally pissed to their intestines...some reps frm imo state wer against it too and frm what i understand,d ID card policy for northerners in Imo state wuld cause a big issue if okorocha doesnt slow down on it
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by kelvincoll(m): 12:40am On Jul 04, 2014
Seriously what was Gov Rochas thinking to have come up with such senseless policy? How on mother earth is this suppose to provide security for both indigenes and visitors to the state? if he needs means of identification from such individuals he should request their LGA attestation letter, Drivers license, Nat. ID etc... Haba!... That man never fails to disappoints sha
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Neatboy(m): 12:42am On Jul 04, 2014
They were so angry and pissed up. I just pray that this policy dies quickly. If he had done it to only the natives and exclude all non-natives that one is understandable. But, since he singled out his targets, he's about committing political suicide.
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 04, 2014
LOL, I wonder the type of advisors rochas has got, well sha 2015 is around the corner and the man is desperate to do things that will make people stop seeing him the way they are seeing him now.
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 04, 2014
It's a shame to be clueless in power, this is how he intended to rule this country. This goes a long way to say that God is solidly behind this nation.

People of the north do not mind that policy, I think it is a comedy skit for the prevalence of security in imo state.
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Nobody: 3:11am On Jul 04, 2014
Islam is the problem. OKOROCHA is only struggling for answers to a problem without solution.
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Les: 3:36am On Jul 04, 2014
but this nigerian senate was not there when ochendo pf abia state sacked non indigen?? nor where they there when he, rochas borrowed billions of naira without anything to show for it?
does the senate have any rulling on how a governor should govern his state?? if they do, why do they rule out on selected policies??
boko boys can never overrun east, but if they do, i wont need an ID card to identify any cattle rearer. a stitch in this time can save more 19 million!!!

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by benpuzzy(m): 4:31am On Jul 04, 2014
Les: but this nigerian senate was not there when ochendo pf abia state sacked non indigen?? nor where they there when he, rochas borrowed billions of naira without anything to show for it?
does the senate have any rulling on how a governor should govern his state?? if they do, why do they rule out on selected policies??
boko boys can never overrun east, but if they do, i wont need an ID card to identify any cattle rearer. a stitch in this time can save more 19 million!!!

In addendum, where were they when Fashola deported some South Easterners? I can see a mass hatred on Owelle
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Desperate situation requires desperate action, if Northerners were to be issuing Southerners with ID cards and stop suyarizing them in the face of any slightest provocation of Mr Prophet SWT in Denmark, we will be very happy.

If they had issued those corp members Southern ID cards and allowed them not to be clubbed to death by some violent parasites, after their service year they will give back their ID cards to them while we will have our kids with us.

But this violent and tribalistic knuckleheaded bombhead will always see hw to play the tribal card when they are in the crossroads.

Animals

jerseyboy: Islam is the problem. OKOROCHA is only struggling for answers to a problem without solution.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Les: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2014
benpuzzy:

In addendum, where were they when Fashola deported some South Easterners? I can see a mass hatred on Owelle
in fact, where have they been when the northerners are slaughtering the easterners?? please when are they distributing the id cards
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
Rochas is always in a haste to make decisions. That is what happens when you play to the gallery. That mind stands for every letter in clueless.
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by egift(m): 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
It is a nice concept, but I don't support it a bit. It will lead to profiling. Unless it is a National scheme, it will not work. Even doing it for the whole State can not work because of movement in and out of the State.
Re: The Nigeria Senate Kicked Against Rochas Okorocha's ID Card Policy by idumuose(m): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
I foresee how ApgA and PdP will latch on okorocha's proposed scheme to disparage him during the build up to 2015 election.

They will tell the Hausas that okorocha is a bigot.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rising Debt Profile Worries Ngos / Photo: Why Is APC Not Protesting In Front Of The White House? / Police Service Commission Promotes Eight To Digs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.