Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? (1131 Views)

Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. / Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? / Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? by spinna: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
This is just a freestlyle fight scene we shot with a cheap camera...what do you think of this compared to a typical Nollywood flick fight scene (gidigbo) better or worse?

There have been recent statements made by Nollywood practitioners that the industry is dying due to predictability and boring-ness .
so .. better or worse and other critiques...my bp vest is on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVGndIZApUI
Re: Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? by Ignatio(m): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2014
What's with the funny American accent?
Some of the blows look very fake.
Re: Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? by spinna: 8:21am On Jul 04, 2014
ok thanks... i didnt notice the accent, is it from black guy or yellow guy? I did notice the few fake punches.

What about the original question?
Re: Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? by VillageBoi(m): 9:19am On Jul 04, 2014
Good trial in that it's good you went out and actually did something.

There are a number of tips on how to shoot fights scenes. As I mention A LOT... research, research, research. Time and time again it's a key thing that we don't do enough of.

Here are a couple of tutorials, there are a million on YouTube.

How To Shoot A Fight Scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6n-IQ3D_t4

Also added here is 'The Fight Choreography Of LOSSES'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWwlxaqvFtc

You can find the 'films' for the samples above online.

The original question is kinda irrelevant as we all know there are a dime-a-dozen 'Nollywood fight scenes better than this and if you have not seen them then it's back to the drawing-table of 'research'.
So the question is how do YOU really think YOU did? On a good note I like that you tested this to see what it looks like and remember we've seen some of your previous works and some are better than this. Don't stop practicing and sharing. Good one.
Re: Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? by prof800(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2014
Sub par.

No good... no good. (smh)
I appreciate that the guys were trying out an experiment. And it might be better than the average nollywood.
BAD:
>The 'fake accent' from the guy with the gun (black guy).
>The sound effects were not all 'in sync' with the hits.
>The acting was mediocre overall (but that is forgiveable)
>The martial art choreography was very BAD.
SO:
>The martial art should've been properly choreographed.
>The guy being attacked was acting in self defense, while the guy with the gun came for attack. Their acting should never have been the same.
>The guy with the gun (or both) should've been aiming to get the gun in one time or the other.
>They don't seem to be fighting. They seem to be sparring.
E.T.C ... E.T.C...!
PLUS:
'gidigbo' is not a bad fight. Who said it is?
It is even more realistic than borrowed or imported martial arts. Some hollywood movies even use 'gidigbo' sef.

1 Like

Re: Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? by spinna: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
great advice ... hmm is that a film riot video
VillageBoi: Good trial in that it's good you went out and actually did something.
There are a number of tips on how to shoot fights scenes. As I mention A LOT... research, research, research. Time and time again it's a key thing that we don't do enough of.
Here are a couple of tutorials, there are a million on YouTube.
How To Shoot A Fight Scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6n-IQ3D_t4
Also added here is 'The Fight Choreography Of LOSSES'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWwlxaqvFtc
You can find the 'films' for the samples above online.
The original question is kinda irrelevant as we all know there are a dime-a-dozen 'Nollywood fight scenes better than this and if you have not seen them then it's back to the drawing-table of 'research'.
So the question is how do YOU really think YOU did? On a good note I like that you tested this to see what it looks like and remember we've seen some of your previous works and some are better than this. Don't stop practicing and sharing. Good one.

^^
awesome response

How do i think i did?

yes that accent is annoying
yes some of the hit sounds are off
did u notice the guy who got himself in the shot?

i do like...

my very realistic fake blood
the few unique cam angles like the door bell and the barbells shot....

so many other things i noticed
will keep working hard... please more critique and suggestions for a mad fight scene

(1) (Reply)

Do You Remember This Legendary Actor? / Who Remembers The Name Of This Cartoon / Mortal Combat Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.