Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,979 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs (13326 Views)

HELP ANY Series Season Film With Hard Core Sexx Scenes / Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend / Big Brother Africa Logo & Illuminati Seeing Eye Are Similar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RAKITIC: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
After watching 24 frm season 1 to 9 . Just searching for another series dat is similar or better than 24 . Pls ur views are highly welcome
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by penzino(m): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Try alias
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by osymerga(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Try Nikita,alias,hostage,blacklist,thirteen and the most curently hot series"crisis".Damn,the series is damn hot if not better than 24.Just watched season 1 and was like wtf....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RAKITIC: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
osymerga: Try Nikita,alias,hostage,blacklist,thirteen and the most curently hot series"crisis".Damn,the series is damn hot if not better than 24.Just watched season 1 and was like wtf....
pls where can i download CRISIS
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by lomprico(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
RAKITIC: pls where can i download CRISIS
Check where u downloaded 24

1 Like

Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
RAKITIC: pls where can i download CRISIS

Don't. The Series was cancelled due to low ratings. There will be no season 2. Apparently, the general audience didn't like it very much.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
RAKITIC: After watching 24 frm season 1 to 9 . Just searching for another series dat is similar or better than 24 . Pls ur views are highly welcome

-Strike Back (Red hot, the action never cease)
-Homeland (One of the best political thrillers I've ever seen)
-Alias (The protogonist, Sydney Bristow makes Jack look like a boy scout)
-The Blacklist (You gotta love the protagonist's cunning and intelligence)
-Hunted (When the hunter becomes the hunted, all bets are off)
-The Unit (Unity, honor and... family)
-Nikita (The fight scenes and gun fights might be exaggerated at times, but it gets the job done)
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by MadCow1: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
I enjoyed Jack Bauers 24 until that season when he got released from the Chinese jail and jumped right back into action. That for me was like WTF!?

So I fell off the Bauer train.

However, 1 series stands out for me and though it got cancelled after just 1 season, it remains the best darn action series I ever saw and I can even dare to say it makes 24 look silly. It's called 'Kill Point' and features Mark Whalberg. From the very first scene of the series, it's a bang and stays that way till the end.

Get it and testify.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
MadCow1:
However, 1 series stands out for me and though it got cancelled after just 1 season, it remains the best darn action series I ever saw and I can even dare to say it makes 24 look silly. It's called 'Kill Point' and features Mark Whalberg. From the very first scene of the series, it's a bang and stays that way till the end.

Get it and testify.

If it's so darn good, then why did it get scrapped?
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by MadCow1: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

If it's so darn good, then why did it get scrapped?

If you Wikipedia it, the ratings were healthy.. Spike TV network just cancelled it for no darn reason.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
MadCow1:

If you Wikipedia it, the ratings were healthy.. Spike TV network just cancelled it for no darn reason.

Lolz. A show cannot be cancelled just like that for no good reason. There must have been something.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by MadCow1: 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Lolz. A show cannot be cancelled just like that for no good reason. There must have been something.

Yeah they do cancel great shows for no reason.

Google it.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
MadCow1:

Yeah they do cancel great shows for no reason.

Google it.

I googled it and looked up the ratings, and they were quite decent, not spectacular, but okay. According to what I was able to piece together from 3 separate sources, Spike TV cancelled the show because they didn't think it was worth the risk.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
There is always a reason for cancelling TV shows. They range from lack of funds and low ratings to trepidation.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by Wislet(f): 2:47am On Aug 02, 2014
Pls who knows the link/site to download The Hunger Games(2012) free (for mobile)?
Thank you
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by philfearon(m): 8:04am On Aug 02, 2014
Try : XIII:The Conspiracy
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by osymerga(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2014
But i like that 'CRISIS' die.The suspence,conspiracies,politics etc is very intrigue. I wonder why it should be canceled.Hope they continued with it later....
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by Kezifils(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

-Strike Back (Red hot, the action never cease)
-Homeland (One of the best political thrillers I've ever seen)
-Alias (The protogonist, Sydney Bristow makes Jack look like a boy scout)
-The Blacklist (You gotta love the protagonist's cunning and intelligence)
-Hunted (When the hunter becomes the hunted, all bets are off)
-The Unit (Unity, honor and... family)
-Nikita (The fight scenes and gun fights might be exaggerated at times, but it gets the job done)

Good List but Alias I find that show a little..., Start with The Unit or StrikeBack.
When you no longer want action series, there re loads of other interesting ones.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2014
Kezifils:

Good List but Alias I find that show a little..., Start with The Unit or StrikeBack.
When you no longer want action series, there re loads of other interesting ones.

The only show on the list that tops "Alias" in the gun fight department is "Strike Back."

Check this out: You were recruited by CIA when you were in College, but later on, it turned out the Agency that recruited you weren't really CIA but a black ops division that turned rogue. You were made aware of this when the real CIA approached you and secretly enlisted you to help them destroy SD-6 (The rogue agency) from within. So you went back to work, but this time as a double agent, secretly working for the CIA, and pretending to be fully committed to SD-6. And BTW, your father so happens to be the Vice-Head of SD-6.

That's what "Alias" all about: Taking risk, finding yourself in precarious positions and consistently questioning your sense of loyalty. It's a top notch spy/counter terrorism/political action thriller. "Jennifer Garner" as the conflicted but determined "Sydney Bristow" executed what can only be described as flawless performance in the TV show. She killed it.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 9:17am On Aug 02, 2014
philfearon: Try : XIII:The Conspiracy

That show's pretty good. It's too darn short though. Just when I was starting to enjoy it, it ended.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2014
osymerga: But i like that 'CRISIS' die.The suspence,conspiracies,politics etc is very intrigue. I wonder why it should be canceled.Hope they continued with it later....

It's a good show, but nowhere in the league of the greats. Glad when NBC scrapped it off their calendar.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by Wislet(f): 10:50am On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

The only show on the list that tops "Alias" in the gun fight department is "Strike Back."

Check this out: You were recruited by CIA when you were in College, but later on, it turned out the Agency that recruited you weren't really CIA but a black ops division that turned rogue. You were made aware of this when the real CIA approached you and secretly enlisted you to help them destroy SD-6 (The rogue agency) from within. So you went back to work, but this time as a double agent, secretly working for the CIA, and pretending to be fully committed to SD-6. And BTW, your father so happens to be the Vice-Head of SD-6.

That's what "Alias" all about: Taking risk, finding yourself in precarious positions and consistently questioning your sense of loyalty. It's a top notch spy/counter terrorism/political action thriller. "Jennifer Garner" as the conflicted but determined "Sydney Bristow" executed what can only be described as flawless performance in the TV show. She killed it.

oh yes, it is.
That guy does not recognize great shows.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by Kezifils(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

In 24, except Jack and Chloe who remained till the end, most of the main guys were killed. In Alias, Michael was shot like a thousand times and yet he survived. They always survive and not to Mention Sloan's case. After a while, to me the show got predictable.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Kezifils:

In 24, except Jack and Chloe who remained till the end, most of the main guys were killed. In Alias, Michael was shot like a thousand times and yet he survived. They always survive and not to Mention Sloan's case. After a while, to me the show got predictable.

If that's the only reasons you're basing your arguments on, then you don't really have a case. Even the best of Television Shows are susceptible to weak plots now and then, and "24" is no exception. In fact, there are several plot holes in 24 that I can care to count.

As for predictability, "Alias" doesn't come close as being as predictable as 24. Alias keeps one guessing, rooting for Sydney and hoping that she doesn't get caught or hurt in practically every episode. And for good reasons too, for she doesn't always come out on top in one-on-one melees and consistently gets the shiit kick out of her. The suspense is so intense and every outcome is a surprise.

Whereas in 24, everybody already know that Jack is so freaking badâss that he's always gonna win any one-on-one scuffle, even before an episode kicks into 2nd gear. No real suspense and every outcome is expected. It can't possibly get any more predictable than that, mate. 24's great, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to nerve tingling and heart wrenching stunts, gun fights and action scenes, Alias easily takes the cake between the 2.

PS: Do you know that "Jennifer Garner" performed all of her stunts herself, refusing to work with a body double, in her portrayal of the "Sydney Bristow" character? Simply awesome. Even Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer) couldn't top that.

1 Like

Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by philfearon(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

That show's pretty good. It's too darn short though. Just when I was starting to enjoy it, it ended.
You don see am Na!!
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
philfearon:
You don see am Na!!

Pardon? Care to elaborate? Pidgin English is really not my thing.
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by philfearon(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Pardon? Care to elaborate? Pidgin English is really not my thing.
That's how we saw it.....More like "I wonder why they cancelled the show as it was getting sweeter by the minute"....
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by RayMcBlue(m): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
philfearon:
That's how we saw it.....More like "I wonder why they cancelled the show as it was getting sweeter by the minute"....

I think it had something to do with Canal+ pulling out because of internal dispute with the actors or something...undecided
Re: Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs by philfearon(m): 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

I think it had something to do with Canal+ pulling out because of internal dispute with the actors or something...undecided
No problem shaa...I enjoyed it while it lasted!!

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Oraimo BBNaija 'Level Up' First Task / Pls Which Site Can I Download Naruto Episodes / I Need Websites For Downloading Nigerian Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.