Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers (1223 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Obama Awards Certificate Of Competency To Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by gratiaeo(m): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
[img]http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/edo-cancels-teachers-competency-test-recalls-936-sacked-teachers/182582/[/img]
Edo State Government has reversed the planned competency test for teachers in the state  and  recalled the 936 teachers whose names were deleted from the payroll over certificate discrepancies and age falsification.

Government also announced the immediate extension of the relativity to teachers in the state public schools.

Making the announcements Thursday, Governor Adams Oshiomhole during a meeting with the Nigeria Union of Teachers [NUT] and the Nigeria Labour Congress [NLC] said “On assumption of office, it was very clear to me and my colleagues that our future is defined by the level of investment in education and the quality of the basic education we provide for our children and that is why we have devoted resources to the rebuilding of our Primary Schools, Junior and Senior Secondary Schools.

“For me, it was clear coming from my own background, I had obligation to restore dignity to the educational sector in the state. Basic education is like the foundation of a house. If the foundation is weak, the building will collapse but if the foundation be strong, it will withstand the test of time. It is easier to re roof than to re build a complete house”

He said the need to ensure the future of the state is not by compromising the future of the Edo child, but the necessity and action to redefine the educational system in the state,  He said this    was why the state government was committed to carry out competency test.

Oshiomhole however, noted that having discovered that some of our teachers were not qualified or up to date with recent teaching methods, government insisted that competency test must be seen in this light.

“But having listened to all suggestions and consultations with various groups, government has agreed to set aside the competency or assessment test in order to re assure Edo workers that government has no intention to sack anyone”, he stressed.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/edo-cancels-teachers-competency-test-recalls-936-sacked-teachers/182582/
Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by Bright2(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2014
Hahahahaha! Fayose evangelism has calm many ApC leaders! Edo people go & live grin grin PDP! POWER!!!

4 Likes

Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by kelvincoll(m): 12:20am On Jul 04, 2014
But having listened to all suggestions and consultations with various groups, government has agreed to set aside the competency or assessment test in order to re assure Edo workers that government has no intention to sack anyone”, he stressed

Dear Comrade Gov, this is so not good for your reputation, apparently you act without thinking nor listening.

1st it was your Go nd Die saga and then you later made the widow a P.A angry
2nd was Chin-Chin you bought from a little girl hawking who have been in school (most likely under scholarship) embarassed
and now teachers sack after which u rescind the act... undecided

Well I guess Nigerians in all states at least have something to gain from Fayose's election victory.... Governors now practicing Govt for the pple grin

3 Likes

Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by LeOstrich: 12:29am On Jul 04, 2014
The self acclaimed progressives are only progressive when it comes to your vote after which they unleash their fascist policies.

Teachers are very important in election year in Nigeria as they form the largest bloc of civil servant voters across most state of the Federation which are actually civil states on their own. Another factor is that Teachers also form the bulk of INEC adhoc staff.

The insensitivity or rather betrayal tendencies of the supporters of APC and their elitists policies geared towards aesthetic developmental projects in the face of abject poverty reeling in their backyards amidst the high monthly allocations from the central purse shows that they are only out for their own pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by lonelydora: 12:40am On Jul 04, 2014
How do Politicians think? Good move
Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 04, 2014
The fear of PDP Fayose's victory,is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by colinisation: 2:18am On Jul 04, 2014
Can I ask why is it a good thing that he withdrew the request of competency tests.

At the end of the day I want the best education for my kids not political favoritism - PDP or APC all the same thing to me. I want competent teachers. No be to just carry my tax money to chop.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 04, 2014
colinisation: Can I ask why is it a good thing that he withdrew the request of competency tests.

At the end of the day I want the best education for my kids not political favoritism - PDP or APC all the same thing to me. I want competent teachers. No be to just carry my tax money to chop.

Policy somersault is often the result of poor leadership.
Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by try69: 5:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Well.. For me, I believe the competency test was needed but maybe now stringent measures should be put in place for subsequent teaching staff employment procedure.
Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by gratiaeo(m): 6:35am On Jul 04, 2014
The fear of Fayose is now the beginning of wisdom for these APC guys. It only shows clearly that the quest to remain in power is of importance to them than the supposed development of their states. If the competency test is actually in the best interest of the education sector, why the sudden reversal now? Fayemi, reversed his at the last minute but it was too late. Bunch of Retrogressives! They will always act like saints even when they are the most corrupt

1 Like

Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by Redoil: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2014
Why is it that most APC leaders act b4 thinking. tinubu "RIG AND ROAST", buhari " Dog and baboön will be soak in blood" o'arebgeshola "if the security agencies will not coprate with you hit them with charm" NO WON LOGUN
Re: Edo Cancels Teachers’ Competency Test, Recalls 936 Sacked Teachers by Lordabas: 7:25am On Jul 04, 2014
Oshiomole learning from Fayemi, it seems. Do NOT rock the boat. Keep the incompetent civil service men. Preserve stomach infrastructure.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike / 30 Monumental Reasons That Proves GEJ Is Clueless / Salary Of Self Serving Nigeria Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.