Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Apapa's TRAFFIC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Apapa's TRAFFIC (23472 Views)

SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) / Fatal Accident Today Along Creek Road,Apapa(Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2014
The higher killers( tankers and containers) are also part to be blamed! Now they have left d apapa road and taken to narrow streets which has led to major gridlock in/around apapa

I walked to work today! Was lucky to see keke that took me quarterway(I do not need the exercise)

Bus fares have quadrupled!
to oshodi is now 500naira... Eko is 400naira... And cms 300naira

They were formerly 100naira
I have spent more than my usual bus fare, lunch money is not even there embarassed

This is horrenduos!!

1 Like

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by PrinceNN(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2014
i cant even spot a human around in those pics....
must you drive?? everyday?? undecided
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Lordabas: 11:47am On Jul 04, 2014
OGA:Y didnt U come to work
Akpos: traffic dey Apapa and Y u never pay my salary
OGA: traffic hold am for Apapa too grin
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by LMAyedun(m): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2014
come down and trek nau..! No time.
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 04, 2014
Horribly a dirty environment. The images are disturbing to the eyes!

1 Like

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by IAMBREEZY: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by LyfeJennings(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2014
One demon dey that road wey dey terrorize the road users. Island to Apapa would take nothing less than 18hrs.. best solution na okada or ferry. Even with okada sef,na die o
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2014
I stayed on d traffic last week friday for 5 good hours somtin dat is nt less dan a 5mins drive. I regreted eva coming out wit a car dat day. Coz if it was a bus I wld hv gladly trecked my way out. its even worst wen it rains..naija which way forward!

1 Like

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Joshuadon: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2014
dis one z strong

2 Likes

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by M4gunners: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2014
Oboy see this Volvo 240 back then na my dream Car because of the sound.Mehn i don dey old o chei.

4 Likes

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Erm is dis wat u guys call traffic n complainin?, una neva jam, come 2 ikorodu road n c d real meaning of T.R.A.F.FI.C den u'll fear God, distance dat shudnt take u more dan 1h u end up spendin 3hrs plus cos of d traffic
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Godfullsam(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2014
Dis one small tin na... Come see hold-up for nyanyan - maraba road especially on wenzday and Monday. U go fear grin
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Bcole: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2014
THIS COUNTRY THO....ARE WE GOING ANYWHERE AT ALL...OR DO WE EVEN HAVE GOVT SEF
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by toluxa1(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2014
Na wa o, people still dey drive Volvo?
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
dridowu: Dat traffic is bad, was affected by the traffic ds morni despite the fact that am not enroute to apapa, just from idumota to ijora olopa took me like 30minutes due to the long traffic from ijora to apapa.
You should be happy. We Spent 4 hours between Ojuelegba and Naval Dockyard. I got to office @ 11am. If not that I followed ONE-WAY, I should be talking of 2PM
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by atiladhun(m): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
My Goodness !!!!! i work in apapa and live in ikeja, i stopped driving to work many months ago cause of this same situation....and it's getting worse by the day.

from second rainbow to tincan apapa is a no-no....trailers, tankers, containers just lined up alllllll the way. parked, no movement, commercial buses now ply 'one-way' and as reckless as they come, danfo killed 3 people yesterday.......

@ d close of work yesterday, i trekked a trek of a lifetime. alongside hundreds of people, trekked from tincan to almost mile 2 before i got a bike for 200 naira to mile 2.

got to mile 2 only to jam hundreds of people as well, all waiting for bus to oshodi , cele and the rest. NOTHING.

the trekking continued.....trekked to after second rainbow (after NNPC) before i finally got a bike to oshodi for 2,000.00.

the question now is: Is the Govt so insensitive about the plight of Nigerians living and working in and around apapa? where billions are generated annually?

they are more interested in dolling out billions of naira for elections every 4 years.

containers, tankers, trailers fall @ liverpool and coconut on a daily basis cause of the deadly ,horrible state of the roads. it's a pity really that in a country so richly blessed...we only have human-government-leaders disaster.

5 Likes

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Strongbest(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
MillionDollars: Na all dis kind tin boko haram dey like to bomb!!

I'm sorry brova, but I think it's wise to avoid statement such as this on a forum like this. I mean, why should this kind of thought even cross your mind? Let's be mindful of our thinking please.
No offence.
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by tellwisdom: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Is this not a car park??..olodo sad
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by tellwisdom: 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
kamdyjenny: I stayed on d traffic last week friday for 5 good hours somtin dat is nt less dan a 5mins drive. I regreted eva coming out wit a car dat day. Coz if it was a bus I wld hv gladly trecked my way out. its even worst wen it rains..naija which way forward!

If you hadn't came out with a car; Would you have flown a jet pass them??
Oh, so u can move a car??...That's good undecided
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by myspnigeria: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
God go help una wey dey live for dt area o..... I no envy u at all
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Dragonking: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
I have to run to office ( not trekking o) almost every day just to get to the office on time. I have to literally abandon my car just because the suffering on this route is too much. angry angry angry angry

FG and Lagos state govt should do something as this is getting terrible. Criminals, armed robbers and various agberoes have turned this place to their joint and they attack innocent people on a daily basis.
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by damola311: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
If you can survive this state traffic, then you can survive level five of Hell fire
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Why are all the cars in the pictures moving in the same direction? Is it normal?
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by ZACHIE: 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
These pics do not do justice to the topic.
What is going on is by far more horrendous than what the pics say.
It is so that that hotels are making a kill.

People simply stopped going home.
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by experimentist: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
Wetin concern islander with apapa? We the bosses!
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by MillionDollars: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
Strongbest:

I'm sorry brova, but I think it's wise to avoid statement such as this on a forum like this. I mean, why should this kind of thought even cross your mind? Let's be mindful of our thinking please.
No offence.
yh, i 'was' bringin a point in respect to 'our' inactive govt!
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by basilo101: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Let d SW states contribute n fix d road na. No be wetin dem bn de advice us abt 2nd niger bridge?

1 Like

Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by uo067: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
So in few months i will b facing dis horrible traffic...SHM
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by KwoiZabo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
YOU ARE SHOWING US WESTERN AVENUE. GO TO COCONUT END AND YOU SEE HELELE
Re: Apapa's TRAFFIC by Richhommie(m): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
What about ago palace way. Men dat road is the most useless road in lagos.
I wonder how people live there. Prayin for Gods intervention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Did You Buy Fuel This Morning? / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / 11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.