Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. (2345 Views)

Good Morning Let Talk / Amazing!!!seven Different Girls Are Pregnant For Four Different Corpers @ My Ppa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2014
My name is Oyindamola. I'm 16, hoping to write my Jamb next year and become a doctor in future. Please i want my brothers and sisters who are corpers to explain to me how a student passes in his/her exams in 100 level. Is it in grade like A for distinction or in percentage. thanks.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 04, 2014
Yea A is still 4 distinction...jus like secondary skool
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by ayogabriel(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2014
It depends on your school, in my school, A starts from 70, B-60 like that like that. So it depends on your school's curriculum. The best thing is when you get to your school, try to relate to your seniors in the department the serious ones. They will put you through, and watch out for distractions, mostly from your self and secondly from your peers.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2014
oluseyioba: Yea A is still 4 distinction...jus like secondary skool
thanks sir. how many subjects in 100 level for medicine students and how many marks to reach `A'.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2014
ayogabriel: It depends on your school, in my school, A starts from 70, B-60 like that like that. So it depends on your school's curriculum. The best thing is when you get to your school, try to relate to your seniors in the department the serious ones. They will put you through, and watch out for distractions, mostly from your self and secondly from your peers.
Thanks sir. I have many questions bothering my mind and i don't have people to guide through them.Is class test also placed over 30 marks?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by kbshow100(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Welcome to the advanced level. Sometimes the secrets is behind the friends u have, if u are not lucky u got dull friends, I'm sorry for you because u will be thinking like them. But if you are lucky to get sharp friends (preferably, those who are more brilliant than you) then sky is ur limit. Pls choose ur friends wisely. Make sure u got the A's thinking friends and be very competitive. Friends are the most influential set people that will directly affect your studies (positively or negatively). Wish u all the best
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by ayogabriel(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Oyindamola4live:
Thanks sir. I have many questions bothering my mind and i don't have people to guide through them.Is class test also placed over 30 marks?
. Yes most school, the CA is over 30 inbtw am not Sir oo
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by yokiti: 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
Oyindamola4live: My name is Oyindamola. I'm 16, hoping to write my Jamb next year and become a doctor in future. Please i want my brothers and sisters who are corpers to explain to me how a student passes in his/her exams in 100 level. Is it in grade like A for distinction or in percentage. thanks.
Good to have you here our aspiring medical doctor.
Our resident doctors Meeky and DrPhila.bd should please come to the aid of their would be professional colleague.
Op's why not start this thread in education section?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Meeky(m): 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
yokiti:
Our resident doctors Meeky and DrPhila.bd should please come to the aid of their would be professional colleague.
you wouldd av to be scored in percentage before u are graded at 100 level.just like u know above 70 is A,60 to 69 B,50 to 59 C and below 50 D and below 40 F.but from 2nd year where d real medicine starts u are graded according to percentages and all added to give u a cummulative.which is used to add up to ur acores in d professional exams at each year to give u a pass.ie P.no more A or B.let me add here dat ur CGPA AT 100LEVEL DETERMINES UR STAY IN D MEDICINE COURSE ALTHOUGH IT VARIES ACCORDING TO SCHOOLS.ALSO UR GRADES IN SCIENCE SUBJECT CAN EITHER TERMINATE YOUR STAY IN MEDICINE AND SURGERY OR MOVE TO D NEXT LEVEL.DIGEST THIS ONE 1ST
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
U wud do like 9 courses or more...A is 75 n above
Oyindamola4live:
thanks sir. how many subjects in 100 level for medicine students and how many marks to reach `A'.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by mayorde(m): 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
@oyinda.
This is the most sensible question i have seen asked by a 16 year old. Its comforting to know will still have focused teenagers.

To your question. In many universities in Nigeria you have the ffg:
70-100 A
60-69 B
50-59 C
45-49 D
40- 44 E
0-39 F
sincerely speaking am not sure about D-F.
In your 100 level you will do general courses related to your faculty and science faculty in general. 9courses per semester or thereabout.
Continuous assesment depends on the school, faculty, or lecturer(s). It ranges from 20 - 30 marks and in some cases there might be no CA at all.

My two cents: aim to score eighty and above in all your courses gst inclusive.
Best wishes
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 9:16am On Jul 05, 2014
kbshow100: Welcome to the advanced level. Sometimes the secrets is behind the friends u have, if u are not lucky u got dull friends, I'm sorry for you because u will be thinking like them. But if you are lucky to get sharp friends (preferably, those who are more brilliant than you) then sky is ur limit. Pls choose ur friends wisely. Make sure u got the A's thinking friends and be very competitive. Friends are the most influential set people that will directly affect your studies (positively or negatively). Wish u all the best
Thank you for the advice sir. I promise to make friends with good girls. thanks.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2014
yokiti:
Thanks sir. I didn't know where to exactly post this topic, but i decided to have it on this section instead of letting it die in my heart.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2014
Meeky: you wouldd av to be scored in percentage before u are graded at 100 level.just like u know above 70 is A,60 to 69 B,50 to 59 C and below 50 D and below 40 F.but from 2nd year where d real medicine starts u are graded according to percentages and all added to give u a cummulative.which is used to add up to ur acores in d professional exams at each year to give u a pass.ie P.no more A or B.let me add here dat ur CGPA AT 100LEVEL DETERMINES UR STAY IN D MEDICINE COURSE ALTHOUGH IT VARIES ACCORDING TO SCHOOLS.ALSO UR GRADES IN SCIENCE SUBJECT CAN EITHER TERMINATE YOUR STAY IN MEDICINE AND SURGERY OR MOVE TO D NEXT LEVEL.DIGEST THIS ONE 1ST
Thanks sir. What does CGPA mean?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Meeky(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2014
Oyindamola4live:
Thanks sir. What does CGPA mean?
cummulative grade point assessment
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2014
oluseyioba: U wud do like 9 courses or more...A is 75 n above
thanks.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2014
ayogabriel: . Yes most school, the CA is over 30 inbtw am not Sir oo
thanks.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2014
mayorde: @oyinda.
This is the most sensible question i have seen asked by a 16 year old. Its comforting to know will still have focused teenagers.

70-100 A
60-69 B
50-59 C
45-49 D
40- 44 E
0-39 F
In your 100 level you will do general courses related to your faculty and science faculty in general. 9courses per semester or thereabout.
Continuous assesment depends on the school, faculty, or lecturer(s). It ranges from 20 - 30 marks and in some cases there might be no CA at all.

Best wishes
Thank you sir for the explanation.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 10:19am On Jul 05, 2014
Meeky: cummulative grade point assessment
Thanks sir. What does 2, 3 & 4 unit course mean?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Meeky(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2014
Oyindamola4live:
Thanks sir. What does 2, 3 & 4 unit course mean?
it means d number of tym d course is tot per week
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 8:37am On Jul 06, 2014
Meeky: it means d number of tym d course is tot per week
Is 4 unit course the last unit or there are more? When do medical students start practical class?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Meeky(m): 9:03am On Jul 06, 2014
Oyindamola4live:
Is 4 unit course the last unit or there are more? When do medical students start practical class?
1st year or 100level practicals in sicence subjects are done with d other science students at d period stipulated for practicals.From 2nd year anatomy physiology and biochemistry practicals are done afta classes.in d aftanoon.dnt know abt other university but dat is wat is done in mine.4th year u start attending ward rounds in d hospital and clinic where u are taught and av classes b4 or after d rounds.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by yokiti: 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Oyindamola4live:
Thanks sir. I didn't know where to exactly post this topic, but i decided to have it on this section instead of letting it die in my heart.
You are welcome. I do hope the response here has been of good help. If you dream it, you can have it; just believe and work towards it without relenting. May God continue to guide you.
Dr. Meeky, God bless you real good. Am very grateful.

1 Like

Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by chacoonder(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2014
Oyindamola4live: My name is Oyindamola. I'm 16, hoping to write my Jamb next year and become a doctor in future. Please i want my brothers and sisters who are corpers to explain to me how a student passes in his/her exams in 100 level. Is it in grade like A for distinction or in percentage. thanks.
Hi Oyin, you cant write jamb and become a doc just like that. You have to study hard to pass your jamb in order to attain the Uni's cut off mark then you need to study hard again to excel in the Uni's post utme exam. Haven excelled in these stages then you can start praying to God to grant you your desire of being admitted into your preferred dept. If your prayer is answered , it does not automatically mean that you've been given the full privilege to study med cos you still need to go through some other screening processes. But above all, study hard to pass your jamb exam then other things follow.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by obinoral1179(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Meeky: it means d number of tym d course is tot per week
you mean credit unit?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
chacoonder: Hi Oyin, you cant write jamb and become a doc just like that. You have to study hard to pass your jamb in order to attain the Uni's cut off mark then you need to study hard again to excel in the Uni's post utme exam. Haven excelled in these stages then you can start praying to God to grant you your desire of being admitted into your preferred dept. If your prayer is answered , it does not automatically mean that you've been given the full privilege to study med cos you still need to go through some other screening processes. But above all, study hard to pass your jamb exam then other things follow.
Thank you sir. I'm aiming at scoring above 250 in my jamb. I'm praying to God for divine assistance.

1 Like

Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Meeky: 1st year or 100level practicals in sicence subjects are done with d other science students at d period stipulated for practicals.From 2nd year anatomy physiology and biochemistry practicals are done afta classes.in d aftanoon.dnt know abt other university but dat is wat is done in mine.4th year u start attending ward rounds in d hospital and clinic where u are taught and av classes b4 or after d rounds.
sir, do you the course called medical rehabilitation? can you please explan to me?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by chacoonder(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2014
Oyindamola4live:
Thank you sir. I'm aiming at scoring above 250 in my jamb. I'm praying to God for divine assistance.
Now that you've conceived it, work towards it then you'll achieve it.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
hi good afternoon. i have a question. how do you know you pass after final year examinations?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
chacoonder: Now that you've conceived it, work towards it then you'll achieve it.
Yes I believe. thanks.
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
mayorde: @oyinda.

70-100 A
60-69 B
50-59 C
45-49 D
40- 44 E
0-39 F

Best wishes

How many months does a person stay at home after final year exam?
Re: Good Morning Corpers. My Name Is Oyin. by Oyindamola4live(f): 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Meeky: you wouldd av to be scored in percentage before u are graded at 100 level.just like u know above 70 is A,60 to 69 B,50 to 59 C and below 50 D and below 40 F.but from 2nd year where d real medicine starts u are graded according to percentages and all added to give u a cummulative.which is used to add up to ur acores in d professional exams at each year to give u a pass.ie P.no more A or B.let me add here dat ur CGPA AT 100LEVEL DETERMINES UR STAY IN D MEDICINE COURSE ALTHOUGH IT VARIES ACCORDING TO SCHOOLS.ALSO UR GRADES IN SCIENCE SUBJECT CAN EITHER TERMINATE YOUR STAY IN MEDICINE AND SURGERY OR MOVE TO D NEXT LEVEL.DIGEST THIS ONE 1ST

Good afternoon sir. I was told medicine is seven years. I don't like it anymore because of strike. thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He's Seriously In Love With His Student...help!!!! / Trendsviva Haute Fashion School Is Closing her Promo January 2018. / Nysc Batch C For 2010?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.